ITT: The unavoidable shitbox state

Cars that were state of the art and expensive not that long ago.

Post shitbox examples of them.

at least with a high mileage diesel you always get "smoked tail lights" for free

Holy shit why is it so expensive with that mileage

wondered the same but I guess they'd get you a decent amount of money in parts so the price reflects this quite a bit.

122hp on a 1700kg barge? jesus

a bit older but I love this gem right here

mmmh, crispy!

looks like we're looking at the same ads. i really, really want to buy one of these. the more KM the better. i know it's stupid but fuck, if it made it 700kkm it'll make it another 100k or so if i maintain it

some of those actually looked like this after two years of ownership.

Please use lbs eurocuck

>i really, really want to buy one of these. the more KM the better.

I'd say at over 700k, if they run well and SOUND healthy, don't leak and shit, you could probably go for it.
at that price range you can't do a lot wrong anyway.

>2006
>almost 800k

geez.
and the diesel smoked lights again.

this one actually looks kind of well taken care off .. for 794k kilometers on the clock.

>800k kilometers
>TAXI
>that means 800k, mostly European city traffic

>bmws dont last over 100k miles meme

>€10.000
>for a 2006 car with 425.000km

OH SHIT HEADUP

>Not a single one has a gasoline engine
top laff

lol'd

it will sell, probably to a french sandnigger that will promptly take 250k off the odo and resell it here for 18k or something to a dumbass

it has become like a national sport for our goatfuckers. NEVER buy a german car from a sandnig in europe. or any kind of car. or any kind of thing. avoid them altogether

550i
the engine itself is quite expensive

>shiny black E34

>€899

Do people even buy gasoline engines in yurostan?

yeah, it looks quite delicious.

Here in Norway they're starting to overtake diesels again, as the taxes are being raised on diesels after the government realised that diesels also pollute

lol

>W12 engine

That's just obscene

>lwb w12
>probably pretty much top spec
>no odd colour, mileage not crazy high

I know these aren't worth much, but that seems very cheap to me

The price is just ridiculous. It's a manuel too.

>Nürnberg
should i have a look at it in rl?

I don't think many cars age faster than these pieces, although most of them are leading pretty easy lives as 2nd cars.

Every 2nd one you see driving past has a lose exhaust, neigbour told me he is on his 3rd exhaust in 80k km lol

>tfw my '98 shitbox impreza still has it's original exhaust, although patched up

Still amazing how toyota was ok with putting their badge on these shitboxes as well

why not.
you should have a close look at the sideskirts and doors though.

amerifag here
why do these cars have so many miles (like pushing 500k)? were they all for driving services?

>French cars
Looks like taxis. Remember, you can get a bare-bones BMW or Merc over there with a small diesel and few, if any amenities. They aren't necessarily luxury cars over there.

>typical city whore
1km in city = 5-10km on the autobahn, depending on the driver's gender

Likely a company car. Representatives and businessmen travel a lot, they're also among the most rowdy speeders on muh Autobahn.

>740 E38
>V8
>Manuel

>after they realized diesels also pollut

You mean

>they realized that they were loosing tax revenue as people switched out to diesels because they use less fuel which meant at the time less tax. So they upped the tax to reclaim lost revenue and used MUH ENVIRONMENT as an excuse

>700k kilometers Twingo

It's kilometers, not miles.

W12s are insanely expensive to maintain, and very difficult to work on as well.

Because 150,000 miles really isn't that much

>HURR YAH NEED AH CUMMING/TAIYODA/FURD/CHEBBY TO JOIN THE 100K MILE CLUB BRUH

>709.000km
>Unfallfrei
Impressive

700/1.6 = 435

Not quite 500 but not too far.

>500$ for a running and driving car
What's the catch?

No catch, in Europe used cars are incredibly cheap. I picked up a Saab 9-5 Aero for £800 last year, 92,000 miles, every option you could order (which all worked) and full service history.

I later sold it to my dad for £700, to use that money to buy a MG ZS with 52,000 miles and a full service history.

You can't compare American with European mileage though.

An European car usually goes through hell in European traffic.

>tons of traffic jams
>lots of shitty streets
>high speed autobahn whipping
>shitloads of turns
>usually a lot more city traffic miles than highway miles

100k European miles could easily mean approximately 400k American miles in terms of punishment.

Like why is it so cheap, if insurance out the ass or are they hard to register?

Our shitboxes aren't in that good of condition for that price

you pay several times more in gas in Yurop compared to buying gas in Burgerland but otherwise Twingos are absurdly cheap to buy, maintain and run.

Insurance is pretty similar to American levels, tax can be massive depending on the vehicle. The Saab was £225/year since it was a pre-2001 car, but new car can be as much as £490/year. Petrol is 3-6x as expensive in America as well, so MPG is a huge concern. The saab barely scraped 25 most days for example, which resulted in huge fuel costs for me and the change to the more efficient MG

That said, I'm trying to buy an RX-8 that's got incredibly high tax, insurance and terrible MPG, purely because muh rotary.

Damn dude you could get a functional car for like 270 usd. Like with fuel injection. Like know I get why twinge threads are such a thing. Does the twinge have a negative stigma?

>typical road fags

100 highway miles = 8 bush miles

>tfw your average speed is 8 km/h

>Rx8
Pls no. Just get an s2k or g35

I can get an RX8 for £800, S2Ks start at £3500 for shit ones, £4000 for good ones. We didn't even get the G35 here.

used cars are cheaer generally, even in countries where tax and insurance are reasonable (eg germoney)

and used cars with higher running costs than a small hatchback are cheap as fuck, because there isn't much of a market for those here.

>basically 2000$ us shitbox = 500$ euro shitbox.
the euro shitbox will be smaller, but depending how long ago it passed the bi-annual inspection it'll run and, steer and brake alright

multipla kinda related

Dude what the fuck yurop car prices are insanely cheap. That being said I can get a 400 HP shitboxes for like 5k here if I put a little work in.

Why don't euros ever buy these cool cars if they cost nothing?

I find European roads to be wide smooth and straight.

But then again I live in the third world and by the time a car reaches 30,000 km everything on it is broken and you are searching for donor axles while you deal with death wobble and a loud howling on 3 out of 4 wheels. Misfire on 3rd cylinder? No problem !Nzimbu I got 3 more

>the euro shitbox will be smaller
But that also accompanies the smaller European cities better.

I would never drive any of our local cars in Germany. It would be too cumbersome.

>Does the twinge have a negative stigma
well there's not a lot middle ground.

either people love them like literal pets or they think you're the poorest of all poorfaggots.

but also tons of students drive them. you see them a lot around universities.

Cost of car = 800
Cost of insurance = 4000
Cost of rental living box = 1200
Yearly wages = 18000

Petrol costs. Right now in my shitty little Scottish town, a liter of 95 octane (same as 91 American, different maths) is £1.12, or $1.16. This translates up to £4.20 ($4.38) a gallon, which is cheaper than it used to be. When I started driving in the late 2000s, fuel was as much as £1.40/L at times

I fucked the maths there, £1.12 is $1.61, not $1.16, so it's actually $6.09/G

Yeah, looks like my beater E34 will have to move over and looks like my sister ain't getting that white BMW as her first car.

Most expensive I ever saw was 4.45 a gallon in California. Right now in Colorado it's like 2.05.

That blows

>Right now in Colorado it's like 2.05.
$2.05/G is $0.51/L or £0.35/L. I don't think petrol has ever been as cheap as that here, at least since metrication in the 70s

>4k insurance
UK?

UK here, my first year was £1200, every year since has been

perkile

whoa

That was not for an RX-7 of course

It's funny how people think an 850 fucking throusand kilometers Opel is still worth one euro.
Asking 1450 is like, a fucking insult.

How the fuck did they manage to get the MV6 that far? Must have gone through like, well, 850k of those engines.

isn't the mv6 actually more reliable than all those inline4s the usual Omegas had?

when you see high mileage Omegas, they usually have the V6 engine.

>425000 km in a 550i

He paid like 10 times the value of the car in gasoline lol

lol no. I mean, it might be more reliable than the 4-cylinder opel ecotecs which suck ass, but the opel v6 is an unreliable heap of shit

MV6 is a trim tier, the highest of the three, if I remember correctly. Basically means more shit to break.

The V6 might be better than the 4 pots, but that doesn't really mean worth shit.
The I6 engines in the old omegas were okay though.

More like a single time, but it's still an insane amount in ten years. My annual fuel costs don't even break four digits.

Because if it can do 700,000 km, it can do another 700,000

In the UK at least, insurance is super expensive if you are under 25 compared to other countries, but as you get older it gets to US levels

As for registering, it's really easy in the UK.

there are almost no twingos in the UK tho

because not everyone wants a 20 year old city car

fuck, the cost of the ferry from Calais to Dover is probably like half the price of the car, and I think it's like £200 in total to register an imported car here so it has to be worth the money

daww... and the engine is just broken in I see.

Wtf?
Are the front wheels wider apart than the rear wheels or why are the rear wheels so far in and he front ones almost flush with the sides?

optical illusion.

No, just a series of 2-.2.5L BMWs

Umm.

thats pretty expensive still

>only 2.0

there you have it

700k on the clock and NOT a diesel this time

>700000 in 8 years

I'd be interested to drive a 700k car.

Just to maybe feel the difference if it really drives like a clowncar vagina or if it's still possible that it drives totally normal.

Probably owned by some governmental agency.