/evog/ - Evolve General

Best Goliath Edition

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>What's new?
evolveupdates.com/stage2/

>I heard the game was dead?
It was, ~200 players on Steam and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now it's been hovering in the teen thousands.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>What if I don't want to grind for characters and perks?
You can buy the game and it to gives your account full founder benefits, which gives you 30k keys and most characters.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/evolvevg

>Perk info(Inc. how to unlock them)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721252371

>Patch info:
steamcommunity.com/games/273350/announcements/detail/610621131999915138

>Canon Stories:
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/evolve-hunter-stories-canon-latest-story-kalas-story/25399

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcharts.com/app/437220
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Last thread died at 330 posts

This is it, we've reached our limit.

Evolve is for casuals

So I've gone with my first two perks being the anti movement ones and then my final perk with Kraken is ability cooldown.
I feel a strange sense of emptiness yet glee as even pre-mades can't do shit.

Why is Meteor better than regular? He does less damage with all his skills now after the patch

More shield
DOT
Longer Flame Breath

If that's so then why is Turtle Rock balancing the game for high level competitive play :^)?

This game is about to die for the second time. The 5k playerbase is just going to gradually sink.

>tfw not even 7 posts and page 10

This isn't cool dudes

dot on all his abilities which brings his damage up
bigger aoe
better firebreath with more duration and distance

because they're dumb

very few people care about high level evolve play, it's not what is going to save the game if they can't keep a big enough playerbase to keep the game afloat

with every update it's becoming clearer that the game should have different balance tweaks for regular hunt (and whatever modes they add) and for ranked mode

specifically monsters should be a bit stronger in ranked mode and weaker in regular hunt because this would also be beneficial to monster players AND all the less skilled hunter scrubs

Remember that TRS start the road to 2 millions in their blog post.
I think it's time to let TRS to rest. They can't do anything right without Valve.

Can we have Wraith mvoed up to insane? Her new decoy is fucking NUTS

just played against a gorgon that seemed like a cheater - his ping just went nuts during the match and he lagged like crazy

no weird instant death though and we hunters won so it might have been the fuckiest connection issues I've ever seen because one of the hunters said the gorgon's ping hit 5000 at some point

Position lag is very noticeable in Evolve, so chances are he was using bicycle powered internet in northern tunguska

wew lads

>The game died again before Behemoth got fixed
What a shame

But I don't understand, the amount of complaints has gone down, DOESN'T THAT MEAN WE ARE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT?! :D

Guess we should buff the monsters some more and nerf the hunters, it's not like hunters already have a small pool of viable picks.

So still trying to find the best markov

I absolutely do more reliable and consistent damage as markov classic but I am finding monster literally ignoring me game after game. The damage is good and steady but they know it won't diminish if they focus me and going after the backline will actually work.

Blitz the beam can be broken and it takes a bit to power up but it feels like the monster definitely takes time out to focus on me. While my overall DPS isn't much lowered since even a few moment of them not paying attention pays off in gold damage. Not to mention mines are hilariously strong.

Am I fighting retarded monsters or is one markov fundamentally better then another?

>three matches in a row get matched with hackers
I really wish these fags would just use the instant kill shit so I could get on with my life. What fun is it if you're doing triple damage and permanently slowing the monster anytime your shit team begins to lose.

OG markov has a longer range on his lightning gun which is why i stick with him.

So honestly, does TRS feel pretty content with themselves? They surely can't right when there concurrent playerbase is now a measly 5k, AND that's after going F2P. This is also before they have implemented any type of microtrans.

Do they expect to make anymore profit at this point? Maybe from some dedicated autists but those are the ones that bought the game in the first place.

>So honestly, does TRS feel pretty content with themselves?
Yes.

>They surely can't right when there concurrent playerbase is now a measly 5k,
When their playerbase dropped by over half, they patted themself on the back on a good job done, because they got less player complaints on the forums.

>Maybe from some dedicated autists but those are the ones that bought the game in the first place.
You mean the like 5 pro teams? Yeah, the game is being balanced for them.

if you see some faggot called dellerius then you've come across the most retarded support/hunter player ever

>nowhere to be seen in the second dome vs a shitty kraken that took 10+ minutes to evolve to stage 2 and just ran and ran
>he was over 200+ units away the whole time and the dome lasted at least 90 seconds and he still didn't make it
>he then casually runs PAST the escaping flying kraken and past us and then begins to follow us 5+ seconds later
>didn't make it to the final dome and actually managed to get stuck in a plant before the monster shitter gave up and took it in the ass

his profile's private but he wasn't on the friendlist of the monster player so I'm thinking he's a legit retard

>What fun is it if you're doing triple damage and permanently [...]
This is one of the mysteries of life.
I will never understand hackers, it's a fucking game, you get nothing from winning and they make the game boring, that is the opposite from fun, the feeling that creates games.

Considering the playerbase was sitting at 200 for over a year, yeah, dude.
THe current playerbase is atleast 15k~ concurrent however; how long that will last? who's to say; it certainly isn't going to be dota big considering 70k people downloaded the f2p version and left a metric fuckton of negative reviews purely because the game went f2p.

majority of hack using fucks are kids and normie retards who can't play worth shit

the ones creating the hacks are usually malicious or/and greedy individuals who have something to gain from it like selling the hacks to dumb normies and kids who then go on to ruin games for other people for a bit and then stop playing at some point after having "fun"

dude the number has dropped to 5-10k, 10k being daily peaks

it just keeps on dropping and hasn't slowed down yet except for that one time it went from peak 13k to peak 14k very briefly

>peak means average concurrent
Let me guess, you're one of those retards who takes place in those threads about ________ IS GOING OUT OF BUSINESS THEIR STOCK FELL 2%!!!!

They got around 15k~ people who are actively sticking aroundso farplenty of shitty f2p games survive on far less.

oh you fucking idiot in denial

game's still dying, it won't recover until some key people are replaced at TRS

Kek, I played with him a few hours ago. He got eaten by the same rock toad multiple times. He must have developed PTSD or something because he would refuse to go in any area 100m near a rock toad.

I'm not arguing it's not dying, I'm saying you're a legitimate dumbass if you think the games worse off with 15k players compared to 200
fun kindergarden fact, just because it's only peaking 10k a day doesn't mean there's only 10k people who actively play it

og marknov has a best change of dealing more damage than blitzkov.
still in statistics i make alot more damage with parnell, don't know why cause people saying that he is suck against markov

So you can hack legit in this game? Like good old press the botton and monster get kicked from the session? No vacs or any logs? Should i try?

Can't wait to see what garbage patch TRS churns out next. WTF the complaints died down, wonder why!

it's a clear indicator that it's fucking dying, moron, which is the point

here's a very basic concept for your simple mind: dropping numbers = not good!

>Should i try?

What do you think shit for brains

t. mathematician of the school of hard knocks

it's a bug
decoy lasts for 30 seconds so you can't ignore it because it'll kill you
probably the patch on tuesday will fix it

but yeah that shit's pretty unfun

>THe current playerbase is atleast 15k~ concurrent however

Breh, show me how you know this because steam charts is showing 10k. Maybe I don't understand how to read it or something but I don't see how you get 15k concurrent.

>badge is full on Qaira shit
>their preference is medic
>russian

dodged

now I am 100% sure you are an actual retard

you don't even know what those statistics truly mean

I figured that'd get your jimmies in a rustle, fagboy.

Please stop posting, you stupid mongoloid retard. Why didn't your idiot parents just leave you in a dumpster to die?

It's okay to be wrong. I guess you and that other user are just asshurt you got a bad education or something?

le mad kid XD
hahahah trolling is so cool, I'm going to go high five other cool trolling dudes because we have a life

OP, could you add the tier list to every new thread? People keep asking for it every time anyway, and I'm not always here.

samefagging, too

fucking pathetic

Do you see the time window? Do you see how that spike when it first went F2P early in July brought the player count to 51k when at that point it was in the hundreds? Do you understand how skewing works? As of right now, (the whole point of discussion in the first place), the concurrent player base is nowhere near 15k.

He's just a genuinely retarded trolling mongoloid. Don't bother with any serious reply. He's too stupid to even be embarrassed by his own idiocy and how he gets called out for it all the time. He's probably the most persistent shitposter on here. Wouldn't be surprised if he's from the steam group.

hunters still over powered
games getting stale

>dome the monster early and fuck it up with your team of randoms
>then have a Kala player on your team put up the tele up and tp back to the other end of the map and you follow them
>keep the monster tagged and hound his ass
>he gives up in the second dome as he gets rekt and says that he's mad
>tfw

The one typing like a retard isn't me. It's some faggy eastern yuro most likely.

Yeah, I know, I just posted that for giggles since the one dude said there wasn't a stat on steam charts. My 15k unique concurrent playerbase was just an estimationread:ass pull since every person who plays it doesn't play it all day every day until peak and we've been averaging around 10.5k for a week.
Lol just kidding! trolled!

Averaging 10.5k peak playercount per week*

>The one typing like a retard isn't me.

You're one mad lad I gotta tell you. Somebody stop this man.

how did you post twice in 10seconds?

I see it is losing 1500-1000 every week

>everyone who thinks I act like a retard is the same person, EVEN when evidence shows otherwise
Just go back to TRS forums before you kill us with laughter.

You can stop now.

can you link me the script?

>needing a script to go back to TRS forums
>retarded baby confirmed

b-b-b-buh 15k concurrent

no the script to post twice because of cooldowns
or is that a Veeky Forums gold feature

its beginning to get to the point where you cant get decent matches until its weekend, i have to wait 20 minutes till finally a match starts up

What the fuck, are you exclusively playing Ranked? I never have such issues.

I play the fucking Culling with it's average of 300 players stretched over both EU and US and the most I've ever taken to find a match is 10 minutes there.

my ear hurts so fucking much kill me

>15k concurrent
Last time it was barely 10k
New patchnotes soon, expect to dip to 9-8k top

user who wanted to do ranking, still here? We can try now.

Alternatively, if anyone wants to group for HUNT - let me know.

I can do alright trapper, tolerable support or mehish Assault.

The Culling's down to 300 players? Jesus Christ that's horrible, what killed the game?

I don't play but I think lag issues and shitty devs.

steamcharts.com/app/437220

lol I'm glad I didn't buy that shit

nah, its basic hunt.
when i do finally get enough players, someone surely will leave and its back to searching for player.
i think ill just finish lvling my lvl 38 val somehow and stop playing after that.
maybe when they add some new shit thing will get better, but i highly doubt it

Sounds like something is fucked for you, man.
Maybe somethings wrong with the MM?

no, the main problem is that as soon as your role is locked in, and you dont get your preferred shit, you leave.
i literally couldnt get into a match since my first post, someone always disbands the group. it was better when the leaver was overtaken by a bot, at least that way there was a chance for progress, but now im stuck waiting for the slim chance that everyone gets their preferred role

Guess I never experienced this since I only play monsters. No one seems to want to play them for what ever reason.

yes, its usually the player who gets the monster who leaves, if it wasnt the preferred role

Same shit that plagued the game from the getgo I see.

Ho god... pathetic. Truly. And recently some guy on Dead by Daylight was trying to shill The Culling to me after I whooped his ass in a game, saying his friends were devs or something. I remember Xaviant wanted the game to be "e-sports" or some shit but the whole endeavor just screams pathetic and incompetent. I'm glad it's dying.

The problem with Evolve is that it is wayt too heavily team based game and it just not fun to play in pubs. In fact, it is incredibly disappointing and annoying.

This is why the game will die again and why there will be only lonely Monster players + few very small friends who play together occasionally.

It will return to the original state.

>play monster on my alt again where I "main" monster like a true autist
>hunters aren't completely hopeless but I just combo them down anyway, getting 2-3 strikes total before I fuck off
>they're closing in on me after I evolve to stage 2
>don't even think of juking because I'm at a nice open space with only 2 small nubs sticking out of the ground for them to stand on if they want to
>more or less roll my face across the keyboard repeatedly
>whaddayaknow they all dead

it takes so much skill to win pub matches as a monster!
they put a dent in my hp!
nerf hunters more!

>Kill hunters at as stage 1 until they all have 2 strikes
>evolve to stage 2 and finish it
>I didn't even eat wildlife even once

This is what monster mains get to experience all the time, yet they still want more buffs.

30 min fucking game because the gorgon player was being a pussy but kept going in and out. All he had was a bar of hp but of course we have a Torvald player who can't fucking aim for shit even after keeping them alive this long. Didn't help that our Tech support Hank refused to use his shield burst before the fight. Truly that game was hell.

over 20 minute games tend to be super tedious shit

>Have an easy win
>Hunters keep revving when I am about to use my device to rez them.
>They do this several times giving them all ticks.

>Playing Lazarus

I played it constantly since release with a friend in team queue. It kind of started dying very quickly for several reasons
>another early access 'survival' game
>high skill players will shit on you until you git gud
>a lot of patches significantly changed the way combat felt several times
>eventual low player count on it's own stopped new player from getting the game

And to be honest, it's very undeserved that it's at an all time low. The game is very good, it's the absolute BEST battle royale / hunger games type game to date. It's heavily melee oriented, with a very simple crafting system and currency system.

Skill ceiling is pretty high, and luck factor is very low and is trumped by patience and skill. You get cosmetics for every match, better hats for better performance.

If Blizzard made this game, it would be extremely popular. Many really good games just die because of no-name developers and little-to-no marketing.

>do match as goliath
>juke fuckers
>random assault following me everywhere so I assume it's a smurf
>go to evolve after winning dome fight
>immediately after evolving notice there's fucking bullet trails whizzing through the terrain into me
>his fuckboy party members accuse me of hacking because I pubstomped them
I'm glad they're killing this shit game a second time with further bad ideas, like going f2p without anti cheat.

So I've found that Slim hard counters Wraith's decoy faggotry.
A welcome discovery, as there appears to be a group of retards who seem to think that abduction, one of her core abilities, is bad for some reason, and don't take it at all. They also seem to be trying to propagate this myth.
I can only assume that they reached this conclusion by playing a decoy spamming wraith against pub shitters that don't know how to handle it. I've played with teams that just straight up ignore the decoy as it follows them, attacking them all the while, then actually fucking kills them.
Anyway, Slim is pretty fun right now. I just wish his grenades actually did something that was worth the time it takes to switch to and deploy them.
It's too bad he's shit vs Kraken and Gorgon, since they come up all too often.

I been winning plenty of games with him. Yes I know he is flawed but you think they at least let use your gimmick then fucking each other over on purpose which is what they did.

I think I'm just going to not play with wraithfags until wraith's decoy is fixed. It's annoying to lose to a very mediocre wraith just because he spams the decoy and runs away constantly when retards dome in bad spots spots with escape routes and caves and because the assault picks fucking Torbad.

i fuckin love that bug, theres always asome retard teammate ingoring the decoy thinking it will go away eventually, and alotugh i keep warning them that it wont, they still ingore it, then get real mad when they are downed as soon as they dome the real one with more than half of their hp lacking.

>get a strike because laz doesn't do his job
>he just shit talks right away that the monster was camping when laz was just too busy keeping a distance and shooting his rifle
>think of just throwing the match and would have if the option to take a break was still there
>save the team at critical times with my short EG poons, when the monster is about to charge them or when it's trying to get to Laz when he is resurrecting, even solo evade monster so the support can get laz back up so laz gets to revive the assault
>can't say the laz did a good job considering his heal burst was a rare sight
>nobody thanked me for saving the match
>not even the monster I styled on with poons said anything though I am sure he enjoyed all the poons in his ass considering how much they fucked up his charges
>but medic did say a generic "wow" targeted at nobody

feels bad man

there are 100+ hour casuals that aren't even aware that it's a current unintentional bug and the only reason anyone's even picking wraith right now

I just played with some today

>be trapper
>get downed even though support and medic are alive
shit team is shit
you are lucky the monster was even more retarded than 4 random people

once ever ~50 games I meat premade hunter teams that kicks my ass
nerf hunters when?

Yesterday I lost my 140 game win streak because I ran into some kind of premade team.
I think hunters are still too powerful and should be brought inline to require more skill

>got 140 winstreak stomping pubbies
>thinking he actually has any skill
>met with people who do have actual skill
>got shit upon
>instead of realizing he that pubstomping requires no skill and therefore he has no skill he complains about balance
kek
classy case of git gut ignored

I know right. I hope they add auras to the monsters that make them more terrifyign to the hunters so hunter movespeed gets halved when they are within 50 meter radius and you get a roar skill that makes all of them freeze for 10 seconds. Monsters need to be stronger and their HP buffed to 50-60k and 80k for Bob.