I'm thinking about buying one of these used. Costs only $1000 more or so than a comparable year Civic

I'm thinking about buying one of these used. Costs only $1000 more or so than a comparable year Civic.

Should I?

If you want. It's literally a Civic with Acura exterior and leather seats.

My other choice was a Civic, but I figure I'd be happier with an Acura in 10 years vs a 3 generation old Civic

No. When we say shut up and buy a civic we mean one for 5k of less.

Get something more interesting.

Civics also come in leather with their ex-l version

Non perforated leather though, your ass will fry with any amount of sunshine

The Honda Civic of luxury cars... literally

As far as econoboxes go, they can be decently fun cars if you get one with a K24 + 6MT

For only $1,000 more I'd say go for it. They're quieter, have a bit more power and are much more comfortable. Same Honda reliability either way.

>Honda reliability

As long as it's not an automatic...

Hondas have solid automatics

Never really understood the Honda transmission issues. Family has owned two Accords, a CRV and a TLX. Never had an issue and we abuse them to hell. All we've had are A/C compressor and premature brake wear. I thought it mainly affected Odysseys?

chuckled

until they break, I'm in the car business and every 2 out 5 late 90s to mid 00s honda or acura with an automatic needs a complete rebuild or trans swap.

if you just dgaf about cars and want something reliable it's probably a solid choice
now get out

I'd say the 2016 Civic is actually a better car than the ILX.

No. The new Civic is shit. It's hideous, got too much safety bullshit, tiny trunk opening that should be a liftback, no manual with the turbo, etc

just get this

That's its selling point tho, nice attempt at the insult.

if it's the 160hp don't even bother it's a piece of shit

Its mostly in the late 90s to mid 2000s automatic V6s. Anything +2008 should be fine

I've had 4 cylinder autos, they were fine.

>drive 4 cylinder autos
>browses Veeky Forums

Fucking get out.

That's still more than the Civic

The 2.4 version of the ILX gets the Si engine and that sublime 6-speed manual. But the 2.4 only comes in manual...don't know if that's an issue for you.

They're great cars for the price...would I have spent $30k on one brand new? Hell no. $14k-16k for a used one? Hell yes!

then why is there a twingo thread?

Half of this board doesn't even have a car or a license

And if they do, they drive 20 year old Civic hatchbacks.

Veeky Forums loves 4-cylinder shitboxes, who are you trying to fool m8