XCOM General - /xcg/

UFO edition

Previous Mission: News:
1) Long War Studios just released the Long War Alien Pack:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=577474474

2) Evolution Expansion for XCOM: The Board Game
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/8/5/its-us-or-them/

3)Long War Studios have released their Laser Weapons Pack and Perk Pack.
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=712967878
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=719109968

4) Julian Gollop is working on his new game Phoenix Point. It's a turn-based tactical game with strategy elements, destructible terrain, geoscape and character progression much akin to XCOM. Lobstermen are confirmed.
>twitter.com/Phoenix_Point
>phoenixpoint.info/
>pcgamer.com/julian-gollop-announces-new-game-phoenix-point/

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

Piratez mod for OpenXCom: openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p)
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

XCOM2 NEW AND IMPROVED MODLIST, updated regularly:
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

NEW MEGA MOD LIBRARY - Contains all 180 mods from the new modlist:
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

Music for fighting UFOs:
>youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ
>youtube.com/watch?v=4PkcfQtibmU
>youtube.com/watch?v=dtyvh-DeQYs

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/S1qfx
artstation.com/artwork/nW9rO
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Interceptors are useful

Pistols are Useful.

Cyclops mod when

pistols are useful

Post xcom memes.

MEMES

WHY IS HE SO CUTE

Should I let it happen Y/N?

Free resources, power armor parts, and high level captives: Yes, yes, and yes

Yes. Just remember that the line of delicious supply ships come packed with mini-nukes.

That's what I said.

It appears this game has a boner for Hawaii. I've seen enemies put up bases in Hawaii on two other people's games, now it appears it's my turn.

Err, I thought that was the Academy's purview?

Actually supply ships just come packed with baby nukes because literally FU. It think this was done to make the popular strategy of farming base supply ships risky. That and the 20 turn self-destruct timer.

No, weapons are determined by ship or mission type.

I think Hawaii is the only target in the Pacific, so if they roll a Pacific base mission, that's where it goes.

once more for ambitious Demake mods of xcom 1 and 2 in OpenXCOM, or at least the sprites and classes

M A G N I F I C E N T D E S I G N

captcha: assicurazioni

Ahh, I see

Imgur user. Nothing new here, just reposting my announcement from last thread that the /xcg/ album is now over 600 images. If you haven't checked it out already and haven't looked in a while, maybe take a look. You never know what you might have missed. It's always linked at the bottom of the OP for easy browsing and updated about every two weeks.
I realized the last announcement was probably pretty obscure being posted in the middle of the thread, linked to nothing

They should really link it even harder to factions. Getting raiders or spartans in base defense with plasma weapons is always weird and makes no sense. Maybe its to keep them relevant, but the fact is, three to five years into the game Humanists are definitely not relevant, and I know they would never have that high-tech. Also means that early base defenses everyone has plasma.

Excellent work famalam there's some good shit in there

>imgur.com/a/S1qfx
Sure are a lot of sneks in that archive, user... are you sure you're not an ayy sympathizer?

I am but a portrait of /xcg/, akin to holding up a mirror and seeing your own familiar reflection looking back.
Perhaps you should examine your fellow commanders a bit more closely...

Should I be worried or thankful that my Interceptors cant get any kills because the UFOs keep landing and I get to raid them?

Loadsa power cores

That's just how OpenXcom works. They would have to define each mission again for every faction.

>That's just how OpenXcom works
I thought openxcom extended helped them get around alot of that stuff? Different factions certainly all have different loadouts for terror missions, though I guess that's probably just some clever work around.

Damn, did they turn down the Night Vision in the latest version of X-Piratez? My gals can't see shit.

There's probably some way to programmatically generate it, but there is still a separate faction loadout for every (or nearly every) single crashed UFO in the game.

I kinda would have preferred this design for the sectoid commander rather than the butthead we have. Oh well. I'm not ready to model it myself so I guess I shouldn't complain.

that looks so much better, actually looks Menacing, while the ones we got look like naked bram stokers Dracula

Good to see people that understand how the world works.

this kinda makes want to learn how to model just to do it my self
and also to model a new tier 2 armor that doesn't look like shit

I don't think Extended does any of that. I'm not sure it could and remain compatible with the original game, which I think is the intention.

I think some factions have their own own special snowflake missions defined, whichi s why they get different gear.

>covert extraction
>hack the relays
>first relay is one yellow move from my operative
>second relay is a single yellow move away from that
>inside of a building for maximum los break
>hack both in short order and take a short walk across a parking lot to evac
>only 2 exalt were capped that day
>only 0 wounded xcom soldiers
Is this what Beagleluck is like?

S N E K
A lovely lady who can boost the morale of your troops with her exotic appeal!

a true pity they are all blindly loyal to either the Elders or their Viper King Senpai

it's cool the alien perk pack came out but i'm kind of disappointed with it since i haven't gotten to really experience any sort of MAGNIFICENCE due to xcom2's "kill them in the first turn or eat shit" kind of game play.

>Viper King Senpai
He can't fuck them all, it's impossible. Not all of them would even want to fuck him anyways!

>had extra cash
>finally bought a flamethrower

Holy shit, I can capture everything now. Fuck KSM, I wish I'd known about this magnificence sooner.

Shame the flamethrowers in XC2 are such hot garbage.

>i haven't gotten to really experience any sort of MAGNIFICENCE
First month pods with 2 drones that you can't kill in one turn aren't magnificent enough?

I wish I had any reason to use these, Heater a cute pistol

Naja can be an absolute nightmare if you trigger them alongside another pod. Having squadsight, critting for 8 damage, and getting to automatically scurry to cover so they don't waste a turn setting up like your own snipers do is brutal.

>getting to automatically scurry to cover so they don't waste a turn setting up
Holy shit that's cheating.

If I kill an alien ruler on a black site do I get its corpse or should I reload and pray that it appears in a different mission?

you always get the corpse no matter the mission

You always get ruler corpses

Thanks I tried to make it run away fearing corpse isn't sure get.

Time for some Viper King armor.

>His snipers have to set up
Gunslinger - Commander tier
Rifle - Shit tier
You deserve everything that you get!

>this magnificent piece of weaponry inflicts absolutely lethal damage and can even panic units it damages!

>panic is broken
>shit range and arc
>damage isn't that good either
>cover actually protects against it what the fuck
>enemies may spontaneously decide they're immune to fire anyway and ignore all damage
>even basic rocket launchers are better

What the in the glorious ever loving fuck was Jake thinking?

Gunslingers ain't snipers
Snipers use rifles to snipe fools

The fourth one there pisses me off the absolute most. It might've actually been a pretty good weapon on SPARK units since they up the arc radius, but nooooooo, cover still protects them.

The LW perk pack makes dedicated Snipers a lot better as well.

>it's cool the alien perk pack came out but i'm kind of disappointed with it since i haven't gotten to really experience any sort of MAGNIFICENCE due to xcom2's "kill them in the first turn or eat shit" kind of game play.

To be fair, how was that any different Long War? Most of the time when ayys survive they will fuck your shit up.

"mods will fix it" is what he was thinking.

He is a student of the Todd Howard school of thought now.

>Bethesda and Firaxis joint game
>Jake in charge of balance
>Todd in charge of stability

The very thought terrifies me.
Would still play the shit out of it though.

Better than
>Todd in charge of balance
>Jake in charge of stability

It'd be dumbed down to the point where nothing is overpowered because nothing does anything interesting, and it'd still be riddled with bugs.

>Here's a modlist so you can easily install all the mods you need
>"This is broken since the last update"
>"Firaxis patched this so you don't need it anymore"

Okay then

The OP modlist hasn't been updated in a couple of months, I'd ignore it.

I'll probably still install most of the mods since unmodded XCOM 2 is still kinda shit and will likely stay so since all the devs fled to Civilization VI

Hopefully someone will bother to update it soon

>since all the devs fled to Civilization VI
That's not how it works, silly.

>nothing is overpowered
There is that whole smithing-alchemy-enchanting in Skyrim.
F4 also had silenced gauss guns that could stealth kill everything with the right perks.

>riddled with bugs
Would it be a game with a list of bugs too long to list, or a bunch of errors and CTDs with some gameplay in it?

>all the devs fled to Civilization VI
No? XCOM and Civ VI are different teams.

We're still probably going to get an Enemy Within-style expansion pack at some point as well.

From the way this one's sighted in -sigh- there's no excuse -sigh- for missed shots -sigh-

What the fuck is going on with this game? I was able to run Xcom 2 on high settings and 60 fps when it came out but now it runs 10 - 20 fps.

Is there a button/trick to enable/disable everything in the Mod Launcher other than slowly clicking every single checkmark ?

Yes.

Yes.

Are you blind?

>Long War Perk Pack conflicts with itself

This meme went too far

False positive, mate.

Toaster here, had the same problem.
Check for mod conflicts.
Got back to it recently with all dlc and a bunch of mods, first campaign was horrible, especially in geoscape.
Removed free camera rotation since it didn't even work with the toolbox installed and everything went back to normal.
Might have been just a case though, Jake works in mysterious ways.

artstation.com/artwork/nW9rO

>you will never have Advent Fashion in real life

>everything goes well
>activate the second pod
>sentry runs in and crits a useless sharpshooter through low cover
>faceless reveals and crits a grenadier
Fucking hell, I forgot how quickly the tide turns.
How come there were only 2 pods though?

>council mission
>leave a captain and a trooper alive
>troopers are spread out and are all at full hp, confident nothing will happen
>suddenly both ADVENT throw their grenades together at my soldier
>the Captain has his crit for 6 as well as apply acid
>soldier is left at one hp
>turn starts and he dies to acid
>grieve and finish the mission
>wake up

Fuck off Lump, stop invading my dreams

>Can't decide how to customise my troops
>Too many options
>No idea what aesthetic I want
>I pick one and then change my mind later on
>mfw

This is the true Xcom experience now, accept it and become one with it.

Or not

>how quickly the tide turns

Trouble yourself not with the cost of this crusade - its noble end affords you broad tolerance in your choice of means.

>Fan the flames, mould the metal; we are raising an army!

>still no mod to replace Bradford with Wayne June

>hey commander, go capture this race traitor
>landing is on car dealer roof
>must go through parking lot to get anywhere
>pray car don't decide to spontaneously explode because a soldier lightly brushed against it while moving
>end turn
>three pods decide to converge on parking lot
>can't go back
>can't get past patrols
>the only available cover is cars, cars as far as the eye can see
>waste a turn doing nothing hoping they go away
>one pod leaves
>"well, I can mana-"
>another pod shows up

FUCK YOU

Base it on their nickname when they get one.

>capture vip
>firefight near the traitorous scum
>only one enemy left
>instinctively press 1, space
>remember a fraction of a second too late that for some reason he's a priority target
>FUCK
>miss
>98% shot

Thank you, based RNG. Will be back to hating you next turn, but whatever.

Iristrismegistus pls

Remember user, not all missions are supposed to be winnable :^)

That's what a shitty commander would say.

I love how that soldier manages to teleport a shieldbearer by shooting it dead.

>Download EU tier 1 armor ports
>One week away from getting tier 2 armor
>Still have gotten a single rookie wearing the new armor
Is there anyway I can increase the chances of armor mods showing up on randomized rookies?

>Is there anyway I can increase the chances of armor mods showing up on randomized rookies?
Yes if you customize them after they arrive at the Avenger you can switch them to the correct armor.
Sometimes cosmetic mods have sliders in the options menu that relate to the chance a random soldier will use those cosmetics

recently download xcom 2

why the fuck is everyone brown and has brown eyes?

Embrace the diversity, goy

Do you have any mods? Then the answer is RNG. Well maybe not the brown eyes, those are pretty common.

i dont mind having the token african black or arab but having every single european soldier look like a paki is fucking retarded

It's 20 years in the future, that's what yuropoors will look like then :^)

Why? It's just like real life.