/ovg/ - Fly like a finn Edition

Previous thread: Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NKt80sWA9HQ
my.mixtape.moe/jzfvie.rar
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit?usp=sharing
dropbox.com/s/jjxehovl8ywyjg2/Jack Spade Tweaker Files V2.8.zip?dl=0
puu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I would go for the DFGT even if I had to wait months to pay for the difference in price.
That big of a difference eh?

>check if it's getting too hot.
Sounds like hassle, I don't exactly want to handle my wheel like a delicate buttercup and check every so often if it's dying from heat after hours of using it. (can it handle 9 hours of straight play on a regular basis?)

Okay options is good.

That doesn't make a lot of sense. Considering it uses a magnetic field to measure the rotation.
Unless you sprinkle in some magnetic dust or some shit in between where the wheel and base connects, I can't imagine how it would need cleaning.
Normal dust and what not should not in anyway or form inhibit magnetic fields and how sensors read them.

Driveclub was too good for this cruel world

youtube.com/watch?v=NKt80sWA9HQ

Next non-MotoGP bike game when?

Didn't Codemasters pick up the Driveclub devs? Maybe they learned some lessons from Dirt Rally and will put them to work on something people would actually want.

>people didnt want dirt rally

What's wrong with Dirt Rally?

sry, i meant good lessons. IIRC, Dirt Rally was actually a side project that some guy at Codies was bugging upper mgmt for, for many years. So they finally gave it to him and lo and behold...

>can it handle 9 hours of straight play on a regular basis?
Woah, that's hardcore. I don't think it will last long with that use.
>That doesn't make a lot of sense.
Yep, I know. That's what I thought too when he said "let me try this", but then it worked fine. He just rubbed the dust away. The other two pedals did not give any problem after years of service though.

Don't forget, at saturday we will have the tsukuba races in /ovg86/. Also you can have this: my.mixtape.moe/jzfvie.rar

My car setup and a replay with a quite fast time to get some pointers from. I screwed up a bit on the last corner, but I can't seem to piece together a faster lap for now.

>Woah, that's hardcore. I don't think it will last long with that use.
Are you serious or sarcastic?

>Yep, I know. That's what I thought too when he said "let me try this", but then it worked fine. He just rubbed the dust away. The other two pedals did not give any problem after years of service though.
I am really interested of how and why that worked now....

>Are you serious or sarcastic?
I'm not sarcastic. With high FFB force the wheel can get hot after an hour, most of wheels will cut the FFB force to not overheat. The solution is to cool it with a fan or to lower the FFB force.
9 hours straight of play are a lot, it won't be good for the bearings, too.
>I am really interested of how and why that worked now....
Beats me, it's true that sometime we worked with metals in the same room but we never sanded or grinded.

Get a T300rs then fuck off

Fuck off

>Get a T300rs then fuck off
We are comparing a 83 euro and 130 euro wheel here and your solution is to suggest a wheel that costs 342 euros?
On what basis?

Because you're asking for high end performance from a low end peripheral. Although I'm not sure reliability is really an advantage the T300 has anyways.

Honestly people do play long sessions with DFGTs but if you run really high FFB and/or have a hot environment the things don't hold up forever. A lot of hardcore players have gone through multiple DFGTs and are okay with it because they like them and are willing to spend money on something they do so much.

Oh right also fuck off underage poorfag.

>Because you're asking for high end performance from a low end peripheral
I naturally understand that the more money I put down the more quality/durability/replacement wheels I can get.

The thing is, I am comparing 2 wheels.
One with higher quality and focefeedback.
The other wheel on the other hand seems to be cheaper, more robust and ergonomic, but far less fancy.
So the question is, if I play for many hours in a row, how long will the DFGT reliably last me vs the other thing.

oh look it's a ui

wish you either didn't touch the grass, or went full into the grass as close to the guardrail as possible.

how many times are you going to post this webm?

>So the question is, if I play for many hours in a row, how long will the DFGT reliably last me vs the other thing.

well in the professional case study done over 3 years comparing the DFGT and that other wheel the conclusion that hundreds of scientists have come to is that you should fuck off and stop asking retarded questions

well it was a hektik moment anyway, that slide after landing was very difficult to control and I was happy I did not smash into a guardrail

Oh, I though you were practicing that, instead of it being an accident.

>and stop asking retarded questions
The question is very relevant to me as far as playing racing games goes. Just because I don't have the luxury of throwing money at my problems doesn't make it a retarded one.

>smug anime reaction.jpg

nice save
>always left foot brake there to prevent potential fun

Just buy the one without FFB so we don't have to see 8000 blog posts asking how to set it up

Are you saying there is a lot of problems setting up the FFB with games?

>tfw forza 6 will never really come to pc because microsoft doesn't want to kill off xbox

>even though T10 has stated numerous times that all future Forza titles will be on PC

Until MS realizes UWP is a piece of shit and kills it like they did GFWL, anyways.

Which will be a long time from now

I just wish I didn't have to use the Windows Store it's so shitty

I've updated the /ovg/ Equipment Guide a bit. I also see that someone was nice enough to add a new wheel to the list. Thanks! Please continue to fill in any missing info and add new equipment.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit?usp=sharing

Really appreciate this man, finally a proper side-by-side comp sheet of the wheels out now.

Now to only keep it updated.

>Now to only keep it updated.

Hopefully making it a freely editable document will accomplish this. I gave it a good start, but there are a lot of things (in particular Fanatec stuff) that I just don't know much about.

>removing my calling the CSR shifter shit

I thought about adding a "Recommended?" column, but that seems like a source for drama. Thoughts?

Really Diggings These Videos Bro! Keep IT Up :)

Guys Please Rate My Drift Missile. I am tryeng To Come Like My Hero Ken Block So I am tRYING To Doo AWD Drift.

>be busy with other shit and don't make shift 2 webms
>your number 1 fan has a mental breakdown and makes cheap imitations just to fill the empty void you left
I am sorrry man, I didn't realize I had a responsibility.

>no ps4 support for t500rs

but theyll fix this before the next Gran Turismo amright?

>anonymous is one person
back to plebbit my friend

Wow does the t300rs really work with ps4 but not Xbone?

I think certain games PS4 support it if they patch it in specifically, but since there's no share button, it can't be officially supported.

Mhm. The TX Italia is the Xbox One equivalent, but the rim is shittier.

I don't get it, why do you shitpost? It's not like this is a fast board where you need to bump this thread to keep it alive, what is the end goal here?

Every year you lose one year of your life

>anonymous is one person

i can live with that. could just keep the ps4 controller nearby if i actually need that button.

i was watching the GTSport livestream (with races) and they appear to be using TM wheels.

>sergio_canamasas.webm

for a second I could have sworn he was going to make a sick recovery and disapeared in the smoke

i did keep it out the wall and kept it going in a straight line

keep calm and post shift2 webms

>okay pretty nice
>turns into the wall and crashes for no reason
Why?

touge 2 when

Because your game is shit.

>my game

Check em

i own a 2007 subaru impreza wrx sti and im into racing. so far ive only upgraded to a cold air intake and larger exhaust system. according to an article i read those upgrades added about 20hp and some perdy good torqe.

anyway this kid has a mustang gt with a short shifter and aftermarket exhaust... he seems to think he can kill my car no problem bottom end and top.

what i need is stats on each vehicle. i want 0-60 times, hp, and torqe specs on each. a cookie for the first one to find me these! =)

Wrong thread, friend.

@15105004

>he's doing it again

STOP I JUST WANT A SERIES

You can't kill the dead.

This is the wheel they were using at the GT Sport event.

YOU CANT JKILL YHJE DED

No, they didn't.

anyone have a link to jack spades ffb tweaker for pcars?
>they want me to make an account
lolno

thanks. What time is the race? It does not say on the spreadsheet

What is this shit?

Some data I think could be useful. I don't know where to put that, delete if you think it's not appropriate.

Data regarding what?

Wheels' power and linearity.
Nm are for torque.

I see. Add a "Torque" column if you wish. Not sure there's much to be done with the linearity data.

kek, this is why i don't browse /v/

goddamnit bob

shiftlash series when

dropbox.com/s/jjxehovl8ywyjg2/Jack Spade Tweaker Files V2.8.zip?dl=0
but newest one are v2.9

when we can get 16 autists in the same room

Yeah. Just like GRID Autosport was literally a mod to GRID2

20:00 UTC. I updated the doc with the time too. Thanks for telling me.

hektik

Eh, post from outside the car. I always overestimate how hektik I am in the yellowburd for example because it feels like a beast, but when I check outside it doesn't look like a fucking manslaughter the way it feels on the inside.

What is the problem? Indycar is based.

WHY THE FUCK ARE ENGINES IN THAT AE86 MOD EXPLODING SO MUCH

C'mon cunt, let's see you try to beat risto on tsukuba, or are cars with no aero parts too much for you, as it is with half of ovg?

going sideways may be hektik.

but going up and down is fucking insane.

shift at 9k when the red bulb on the dash comes on. The cars dont have a rev limiter

this is meant for this i assume

They have no rev limiter. You are supposed to shift at 9000rpm with the c/s engine. Also mechanical damage is off in the server because people try to be dagumi too much.

shiiit ok thx

puu sh/oZNAu/748549a3fb.zip
here's the 2.9 if you still want it(it just has the dlc zonda and the audi GTO added)

Don't tempt him, stiguy kills any series he enters.