/r6g/ Rainbow Six General

Speed run edition

blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-operation-skull-rain-recruits-brazils-bope-operators/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/index.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=JAwgzzN6RfQ

Livestream demo
youtube.com/watch?v=n01smDYjg9E
youtube.com/watch?v=MvvD9nkzsns

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO

>Teamspeak for Veeky Forums operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations

>Official news
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/index.aspx

rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/updates/dustline.aspx

blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-post-launch-maps-operators-modes/

>Developer AMA Recap
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1349361-Developer-AMA-Recap

>Maps and drawing tools for all available gamemodes
r6maps.com/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/whiteboard/landing.aspx

>Weapons and Armor damage comparisons
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fr6MsLNfjDlPESlHGUQxoRiR3yChpewKQAlsOHXG5A8/htmlview?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1&sle=true

>Known Issues:
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Known-Issues

>Basics of CQB Pastebin
pastebin.com/ECbQGdVk

>Steam group player list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nB6S5xtZFuAlnX24VG6IVvOYnI18oOlV2W0SPM3OjaE/edit?pli=1#gid=375665432

>Console group
PS4: Add dazint8 or Omegaplaya and join the /r6g/ community that way
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI (the 'I' are capital 'i's)

>All the Classic Rainbow 6 games running on the latest engine, compatible with current windows, all maps, all modes.

legendsworld.net/shooter/game/11094

>WIP /r6g/ guide for crosshair overlays, tactics etc
hnng.moe/7Ik

Previous Thread:

With the impending damage nerf to auto shotties, what's the expected results?
Super 90 seems to have the tightest choke, Spas 12 has the highest damage, so what does that leave for the M1014?
Firerate will probably already be taken by the Saiga, since it just got buffed for that.

Also, confirmation on the Spas 15 getting nerfed too?

>alright good job guys they all went home

Praise Our Lord

The M1014 is kinda like a Hybrid between the Super 90 and the Spas 15 , decent range with decent damage

I tried to warn you just to stay away and now they're outside ready to bust. It looks like you might be one of us.

Saiga and M870 buff please

Holy shit the Amazonia bundle is pure sex, genuinely considering dropping some cash for the ubi bucks to buy it.

Stop posting this. The Saiga just got buffed and I've been using it nonstop. It's in a good place right now. Reliable 2 - 3 hit kills, one hit at very close range, and capable of headshotting at 8m. It's very usable now, even if 2 - 3 hit doesn't sound great, it can take three shots in the time it takes the Super 90 to take two.

>The Saiga just got buffed

Hold up. What? When?

Oh, and the 870 is the best of the pump shotties. It's fine.

In the skull rain patch. Not documented, but the thing now shoots 30% faster.

How does the M590A1 compare to the M870?

Oh, okay that explains why it fires noticeably faster than before. Wonder what else got stealth buffed or nerfed.

>playing border, pulse
>get an ace while roaming.
>want to shadowplay it.
>Alt+F4
>Thats the shortcut, right?
>Closed the program.

>tfw you playing ranked and a big ass spider starts crawling across your desk
>so you go after it with your knife, the thing falls of the desk and skitters off
>then after searching with a flashlight, you find and kill it with pieces of an unfinished ikea dresser
>tfw you missed operator selection and spawn as a recruit

Who /Late Summer Washington/ here?

>Laser Sight

why

>>Alt+F4
>>Thats the shortcut, right?

Better damage on the 870 but mobility is a tad worse. Range feels about the same.

Not sure what else got stealth adjustments.

Not my video. Just what I had on hand.

SPEED KILLS
DRUGS
HIPFIRE

How many of you guys play with a full party or at least with another buddy? Discussing strats while soloq does not work

I play with retards from Veeky Forums

I have 7 buddies who I play Siege with daily. They're not all always online at the same time but it's always at least 3 of us in a party.

>tfw my friends either don't like shooters, like them but get bored quickly or refuse to try it because of uplay

I play with my friend 99% of the time, I don't like to queue solo.
I feel like everyone is judging me on the rare occasion I solo queue and I can't relax, but I don't have that feeling when I'm playing with my friend.
Oh fuck that sounds worryingly autistic or something written down

I feel the same in every game I play, desu senpai

>team gadget -10

You fucking nasty man

>afk
>get Recruit
>play like my life is forfeit
>blaze through the enemy team
>select an Operator
>50/50 performance

All the time.

>You get -10 for shooting Rook's empty bag

ENOUGH

You leave Rook alone he's been through a lot.

But why is he so special to destroy his own empty bag with no penalty but his teammates gets -10!

Lets be honest, pal

How often does Rook get to see an empty armor bag

Hi guys, I'm trying to git gud with Buck. What loadout and tactics should I use? Any help is appreciated. I'm lvl 111, and I still feel like a noob sometimes. Thanks in advance.

Just play Blackbeard instead

are you me

>"take armor guys"
>planning phase ends
>ping bag
>"armor, guys"
>ping again
>give up

I don't understand why i have to convince people to take armor.

>owlturd comic

No.

I use his FAL with the holosight and flash hider so I can still fight indoors.

I use it like an AR, and spam the fuck out of the trigger aince the gun downs people in two-three shots.

As far as strats, make high kill holes and toSS cooked grenades in so they detonate right inside. It's really hard to dodge something that blows up almost instantly.

Also, save a grenade to knock out jammers for Thermite's charges.

>prep phase
>3/5 armor taken
>combat phase
>2 roamers didn't take the armor
>they die
>"fucking noob rook didn't drop armor"

best defenders coming though

Post most played ops.

Thanks. Just tried it on a casual match and got 3 kills. Any other tips?

Purchase a IRL Skeleton key replica to maximize your Buck Meme Potential

fuckin lol

In the twitch stream it was said that auto shotties would have a wider spread and (I think) lower damage at range. Firerate wasn't talked about so I think the saiga is fine

i dont get it

Found the Blackbeard main.

Report and Ignore

Why? It's content related to the game though.

It's spam

are new guys unlocked now?

one more day

welp, back to wow then

Its in the last few threads though, you dont have post it now that theres a link to the previous one.
Wait until you get some newer better content, that shouldnt be too hard.

That's not me.

Here is my shitty fix

We need Pulse, Valk and Caveira on the other partygoers.

You are anonymous, aren't you?

That has to do someone else i only removed all the white dots since they irritated me i can't draw for shit if it was in my power i would have given rook a left arm aswell

I'm a "team player"

I've stopped picking rook, and i'm always trying to find strategies that don't involve thermite directly. The dependence that lies with those two is tragic

How exactly do shields work, are they completely impenetrable from front? Am I perfectly covered by a shield if I crouch? Any way to break an enemy shield?

It feels like
ENEMY SHIELD: IMPENETRABLE WALL OF UNOBTAINIUM
YOUR SHIELD: WET CARDBOARD REINFORCED WITH SODA STRAWS

on average, how often do you meet wallhackers?

Pulse almost in every game.

Unless you are using Montange's extended shield, you can be shot at even if crouched. I think that if you stand still, a bit of your leg stands out when Crouched, and you can obviously get shot on your pistol hand. Also the hitboxes are fucked for shields.

Shields are completely impenetrable from the front, however there are certain spots from where you still take damage because hitboxes. You are 95% covered when you are crouched. You cannot break an enemy shield. If you want to be COMPLETELY covered like that, just take Montagne and basically you're immune to all damage from the front except for nitro cells.

everytime I look in the mirror

thank you for clearing that up, I'd been considering shields but I think I'll stick to regular guns. It's uplifting to hear I can still damage a shieldbearer.

> just take Montagne
And be moving cover for the enemy.

tell me about it

>be montagne
>can't get shot from the front
>but can get shot from behind
>b-brothers why?

cucks

T. copper 1

T.wood 5

>Lose 10 games in a row
>Finally manage to win one
>Coincidentally it's the game where I got 11 kills

Casual MM is fucking shit. How am I supposed to have fun when it's either
>Carry = win
>Don't carry = lose

?

start carrying. carrying is fun.

i found you

im platinum 1 noob looser

No it isn't. Might as well not match me with 4 other retards who actively screw me over then.

>mfw the Castle walls me in on the other side of armor plates because Rook insisted on dropping them outside of our spawn

I'm back on my Smoke/Sledge kick again.

Anyone else picking up operators they haven't used in awhile lately?

I went double digits a couple times playing yesterday with them.

>It's uplifting to hear I can still damage a shieldbearer.

You can still damage a shieldbearer directly from the front, but you don't deal too much damage shooting the leg that sometimes sticks out or the pistol hand, your best bet is to get them from the side, or just tell someone to throw a C4 at them. If you have to fight them one on one in a close hallway, your best bet is to either melee them or run away. Every time you see a shield user just chuck a C4/Nitro cell in their direction and most of the time they won't get away in time and get rekt

>playing on hereford
>going down stairs to basement
>reload once in my shotgun
>as i walk down the stairs i get killed by sledge, from lockers
>i could hear my shotgun reload in killcam right before he switched his aim to stairs
i like the volume footsteps are at but that's fucking ridiculous that he could hear me reload from the across the entire floor.

man i hate castle players. they find the stupidest doors to barricade.

xth for fuck Pulse

>castle puts up barricade
>everyone would rather bitch non stop on the internet about it instead of doing the same thing they do to tear down any other barricade.

that doesn't stop it from being a waste of an op and very annoying for the team.

>just tell someone to throw a C4 at them.
I love the optimism in your post. Keep that fire in you burning user. It's too late for me

Very useful in some scenarios. Not as useful in others. He's not a waste of an operator anymore than Mute/Bandit are against a Thatcher/Twitch

>playing like shit the past couple matches
>map is kafe
>oh well, might as well try a spawnkill, not like i'm going to help my team if i stay alive
>make the hole in garage
>fuck it up, can't walk through at first
>have to duck, get through
>i'm a second late
>run past van
>see them all lined up in a row
>dump my entire mag at them, ace them
who knew fucking things up would get me an ace one day

>try same thing on yacht with an outside ambush
>get one dead, one down, and the rest of my mag dump went into Blackbeards shield from the distance. :(

I was on my girflriends account 'cause I got banned for calling a dude a retard, and her settings are a bit darker than mine so I couldn't tell what I was doing exactly. Might've had the ace there. :(

bandit's not useless, there are spots he can trick that don't care about thatcher/twitch. mute when placed well can stop twitch drones from getting in or being able to shoot the jammer. castle just hinders the team as much as the enemy and is still very easily countered by breach charges, frags, ash, and sledge.

>tfw you swipe up Rook before anyone else chooses

>tfw somebody picks rook so you don't have to.

>tfw you insta pick Buck
>even though no one else wants him

anyone else down to run some ranked in Xbox one?