YouTube thread

Who else is using YouTube to make money?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/MaximilianMus/videos
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Me, made 11k dollars in the last 3 months

hoping to double it

Congrats mate, can I ask what niche you're in? You don't have to get too specific, but informational, entertainment?

I've been making drone videos for fun

Do you have to have a partner to make money?

thinking of starting up a youtube channel in the future. its anime related but sort of niche but i believe it will still draw in the normie anime crowd. currently there is pretty much literally nobody doing it on youtube. however, the work involved makes putting out videos a weekly/biweekly/monthly thing instead of daily. im pretty much hoping the anime and me being the only one on youtube factors will carry me. any thoughts on this?

Both Informational and entertainment

Personally I find informational content the best because it's an easy way to get consistent views. Providing people a service i.e tutorials is a winner every time because its low effort which is great for when you have a flexible schedule

my niche atm is gaming informational, I've positioned myself nicely within an indie game community providing informational but entertaining videos at the same time

How do you advertise/attract new viewers?

I want to know too

Same guy you replied too (phone id). Congrats on your success. Do you have a burner email by chance? I'd love to see if you could give me any optimization tips

Anyone here purchase youtube views/comments? I want to pump my affiliate survey links that have about a 15% CR. Making about $2.50/day doing nothing atm but I wanted to know if purchasing views would get me more clicks.

You're pulling in 100k+ views a day? Good stuff user.

how "evergreen" do you think the content will be?
If you don't need to be timely or you expect to get a lot of passive traffic from SEO or because it's a beginner thing then frequency of updating is less important.

I would assume that informative or tutorial video chanells are less dependent on frequent updates as say, comedy, beauty, fashion, vlog content.

When you say it will still draw "normie anime crowd" I assume you're making a particular sub-genre or niche more accessible: which is fucking smart. You could do buzzfeed style titles like:
>Why ObscureAnimeHere is the best damn show you've never seen
>4 Reasons ObscureAnimeHere will change your life
And off set the cringey clickbaitness with, surprisingly enticing reviews.

I've toyed around with the idea of doing a Youtube channel.
Though I don't want to show my face and most really popular content makers end up showing their face in some way if they want to really make some money via live streams, conventions, et cetera.
Played with the idea of multiple channels, two at least, and using one as a experimentation platform to get my leggings on how to do this and that and create views.
As far as niche goes I have many interests, a few talents/skills, so I'd have to find a good fit.

I saw a video recently where a guy disclosed that on average YouTubers are paid around $2,700 for every 1 million views. If this is true, then YouTubers make a lot less than I thought. I know they make a lot of money from any side gigs (selling shirts, services, w/e) to their viewers but the revenue from views alone is significantly lower than I had anticipated.

Those big YouTubers with 500k subs? Probably just breaking into the 6 figure territory. Maybe.

>I know they make a lot of money from any side gigs
Well that's normal for anyone who is a self employed entertainer. One form of content makes customers for another form of content.
Even the most popular Youtubers who can make a comfortable living with videos alone still sell merch and set up shit like Patreon.
If a person isn't they're fucking themselves over.

>made 11k dollars in the last 3 months
So what is that on average weekly?

I meant monthly but yeah...

I've made around 3k dollars
monthly views: around 1 to 2 millions
300-400 bucks per month
the CPM is shit because I get spanish speakers (mexico etc)

Im getting frustrated and im thinking about stopping. I work hard on my videos but im stuck in a niche for spanish kids now and I dont know how to reach the US/rich spoiled kids.

Channel of 200k+ subs and growing

Still its just useless numbers, its very frustrating since the view count is around 1-2 million per month and it's not going to go higher I predict, im stuck with that average. The CPM is just absolute shit.
Patreon will be useless since the niche is kids and they have no money, let alone non US audience.
I'll keep going I guess... im a NEET anyway.

>however, the work involved makes putting out videos a weekly/biweekly/monthly thing instead of daily.
I have the same problem, beside the low paying CPM.
I feel like im being exploited by Youtube while morons release daily garbage. You just can't win.

Im not sure but affiliate links on youtube, I think they are banned and you will certainly get banned if you buy fake views and shit.

You post this bullshit in every single YouTube thread on Veeky Forums. Maybe if you spent less time here and more time working on your shitty beaner videos you would make more money.

That is a fuckton of money. I make about 100 bucks for 1 million views lol.

If I made 2.7k USD per million I would be living the dream.

In any case, the big youtubers with good CPM make 4 to 5 figures a month and the elite youtubers make millions per year.

It beats anything you can ever dream off. No matter what you study in college your life is going to be dogshit, commuting daily like a cuck, vs making videos here and there in the comfort of your home.

Im rendering right now you dumb cuck. It's not my fault that the CPM is low, I should be making 4k dollars a month minimum but the system incentivices daily Keemstar tier garbage and not creative/hightly edited stuff. It is what it is.

>400 bucks a month for millions of views
>calling anyone else a cuck

Just have luck that the content you make gets promoted by the youtube algorithm/feed I guess.
All that nerd SEO bullshit is useless. Do you think any of the rich normie youtubers did any SEO shit? lol

That's 400 more than you'll ever make without having to commute like an actual cuck.
Plus the extra I make from crypto allows me to not work.
Commuting = cuck no matter your wage.

youtube.com/user/MaximilianMus/videos
my channel

Can I get some help from the pros please. I make videos for an eastern European country, and I don't expect to get a good rpm, but this is literally nothing. What did I do wrong? I have only one video and as you can see, I am getting a pretty good view duration, help please. Ask me for more info if you would like to give me a diagnosis.

What service do you use for your surveys?

non-English language content: your RPM will immediately be lower than most.

Also means that you may be getting a demographic which advertisers aren't paying to advertise in.

Really hard to tell unless we know what the video is about.

It's just me taking a shit on a singer's video. I got about 270 likes and 200 dislikes. I made sure to not trigger the automatic copyright system, and it does not show that 3rd party content was detected, I don't swear, but the title of the video has the word dick in it, as in "xyz has a small dick" as a newbie, I don't mind that much, but if I continue, I would like to know what to change in the future to get some revenue out of it.
Thakns a lot for the reply btw, I appreciate it tremendously.

h3h3, the youtuber revealed that as long as you don't have any offensive title, description or tags you can swear in your vids. If you have the word dick as a title it basically goes through a profanity filter and you get no ad revenue.

what if my content has no voice/text? how do I reach english views?

I think youtube is upping their game up and they will scan for profanity inside the actual video with voice recnotion or some shit.. its nuts

>what if my content has no voice/text? how do I reach english views?
Interesting problem. Are we talking music or nature footage?

The human voice and music are literally the post powerful ways of keeping someone's attention.

lmao

I heard him say something like that, but I didn't know it'd work on a non-english speaking channel, plus I thought that revenue ambiguity would disappear with the non-adevertiser friendly update, as in they would tell you that you ll not be recieving revenue.
I'll try to keep the metadata "clean". Thanks a lot for the input dude, I appreciate it a lot :)

no, just voiceless sketches

>going outside = cuck
My man. You need to leave your moms basement.

I am.

I started 4 days ago and I have made $17 so far.
50.000 views.

hi guys ,

I want to make something like the finebros of people reacting to videos and stuff.
Only i have a special kind of people i can use which the finebros dont.
How do people react to copying there format essentially but having my own unique kind of niche people ?

their format*

Royalty free music and at least a title card and end card should be good enough.

give the people what they want. if 13 year olds want cod videos, then that is where the money is

Have every nishes occupied yet? Haven't they?

but how?

when I was creating my adsense account, I selected my native language and not english, does that influence the traffic I get? or its all keywords and video title?

>he is such a wageslave that can't fathom the idea of going outside unless commuting
Sad.

That's Bretty good
What your vidz about :^)
Mmmmmmmmmmm. :o)