Elite Dangerous General - /edg/

Combined thread isn't going to work. Ever. Thanks for trying though

EDG - SOLO EDITION

>Where do i buy x module/weapon for my ship?
High-tech systems have the best inventory, look there. The more population the better.

>Where the fuck can I find materials for engineers?
inara.cz/galaxy-components

>Pilots Guide:
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34437&p=664610&viewfull=1#post664610

>Steam Group (post your commander info in the announcement so we can add you)
steamcommunity.com/groups/dangerousgeneral

>Change HUD color:
pcgamer.com/how-to-change-the-colour-of-your-ships-hud-in-elite-dangerous/
arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/

>Markets Tools:
eddb.io/trade/loops
elitetradingtool.co.uk/

>Ship discounts (report these as you find them)
All systems exploited by Li Yong-Rui have a discount on ships and outfits for example:
NU TAURI - Parmitano Terminal
BD+28 413 - Gunn Station

>Horizons? Engineers? What?
Horizons DLC added planetary landings, explore planets with the blue icon and gather materials for special boosts, ammunition or Engineer upgrades that modify your ship modules.

>List of Engineers & blueprints:
inara.cz/galaxy-blueprints
inara.cz/galaxy-engineers

>Test your ships before you buy:
edshipyard.com/
coriolis.io/

>/edg/ faction stuff from the previous thread:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rDxVVfavgiEdr9CbNS51j9wYHpXyz25H7uu7O6TeDzA/edit#gid=0

Other urls found in this thread:

coriolis.io/outfit/imperial_cutter/0putuFplxdusCf67q7l7l1a1a28280m0m040404040404B762050505Ce37v42f.Iw18ZZA=.Aw18ZwIzcQ==?bn=Engineer Farming
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Let's refrain from too much dadposting.

I've recently bought a corvette after a lengthy grind. Can anyone recommend a good weapons loadout on it? Currently I run dual huge beams and the rest gimballed cannons.

Choose one, user.

Fast ship or fastest ship?

Sounds fine to me. I put a plasma accelerator on my large hardpoint since it basically never gets used anyway. Use it to start combat with a nice burst of damage then ignore it till the fight's over.
Corvette baby

Aesthetics aside, Cutter is probably the best all-around choice.

Because it can trade best? Cutter is less versatile than the Conda and handles only slightly better than a Type 9. Pls elaborate.

As an /edg/ fag, why the fuck did you make a solo thread? Combined was working fine, and we died three threads in a row. Now we've got to sit through your dumb ass bumping your own thread until limit, probably more than once, until you get it through your thick fucking skull that we just don't have the numbers to keep it running.

I've been running c4 MCs, pulses on the smalls and mediums, and a fixed beam on the large, since the large is placed awkwardly and doesn't see much use, it also gives me something to shoot while enemies chaff.

triggered /edg/?

/edg/ should remain as it is. Call me conservative, but the /edg/ community shouldn't be polluted with other games solely because they share the theme.

I know the combined thread is probably your pet project, but you had your try. it's going to how it is supposed to be.

It has worse jump range and worse handling, but better almost everything else. Engineer mods help out a lot with its shortcomings. The speed, shields, hardpoint placement, and huge internals make it amazing.

From your posts, I can assume you use it as a multi-role? Care to share your build? You've got me interested.

I'm calling you a fucking idiot for not realizing it's just going to die again. I had nothing to do with creating the combined thread, but I was certainly all for it. Having to check back all the time and make sure we weren't on page 10, and if we were, posting some inane shit to bump it, because there's a total of 20 of us, sucks massive dick. Did you never get tired of it? Did you not notice the thread dying? Did you even participate in the bullshit bumping shenanigans?

This is what I'm using right now for grinding out engineers: coriolis.io/outfit/imperial_cutter/0putuFplxdusCf67q7l7l1a1a28280m0m040404040404B762050505Ce37v42f.Iw18ZZA=.Aw18ZwIzcQ==?bn=Engineer Farming

no fuck off

I'm so jelly, I managed to get a Fer-De-Lance and have enough money for 6 rebuys but after a really unfortunate streak I had to end up selling it and now I'm stuck on a shitty ASP.

Gimme some of dat cash money plz

Salty.

Eh, 3.6b is what, like a week or two of sothis? It's stupid easy to make money in this game, you just have to be willing to sit through it.

A gruellingly tough two weeks, with countless mode switches. Even with my iCutter than can carry up to 600t over long range, doing more than three consecutive runs obliterates a piece of my soul.

>Get tired of these fuckass pirates constantly pulling me over to try to steal my slaves
>Enough.jpg
>Equip my shitty aspie explorer with 4 pulse lasers and 2 medium torps
>Take off 20-50% of the fuckers' hulls with each torpedo and whatever's left over is plinked off by laserfire
>mfw

what are the best grafix enhancers to use in ED

I just listen to spergy history and science podcasts while I do it to make it tolerable.

EDFX is pretty based, lots of options to tweak, as well as built-in HUD color changing for maximum daddage.

user has a point. This thread is definitely slower and will require more maintenance, but it's also much more comfy without all the SC and NMS shitposting. The last thread was basically 50% derekposting, I don't give a shit about that guy.

After 6 months of not touching ED, I finally come back.

2.5b in assets, got top tier ships in yard.

>com sounds added
nice, should have added this shit long time ago
>engineers added
I have been told they are not worth the time
>planetary landing is still shit
well as expected
>nothing more added

Whelp! there is nothing worth to do there

>fuckthis :'(
>

I tried doing sothis but it killed my desire to live on.

I might start listening to the radio or whatever again as I do it, but it awfully reminds me of when I had a job.

I don't want to turn E:D into my new job.

they made engineers less grindy since their original implementation

they are still kinda bullshit, but they do make your ships much much better, like going from e-rated to a-rated all over again

missions are also a lot better now, if you have good ranks and high rep with a faction, you can get some high paying missions, and there's also a better variety now

> high paying missions

worth robigo tier?

> they do make your ships much much better

only thing i would aim is FSD range booster if it exists Everything else is just shit. what would be the top benefit of fsd boost?

when i earn the fsd booster, is it permanent or do i have to grind for every ship i got?

>worth robigo tier?
nah, missions flipping in robigo/sothis is still the best way to make money, but you can make pretty good money with regular mission stacking now, too, and it's less boring. I stacked up 20 conflict zone missions the other day and made like 25 million from turning them all in an hour and a half later.

>FSD range booster

It exists, and it's permanent on a per-module basis. Fully upgraded weapons, shields, and especially thrusters make your ship feel new again.

I made my way into the Reddit E:D Discord group.

I kinda wanna start trolling dads, but I don't wanna get banned on my first day.

I just have to say though, that discord chat is Zika inducing at the very least.

> 25 million
> an hour and a half later.
def not robigo worth tier. too much time, shit payload
+ combat

>FSD range booster

my ships are like 20 to 30 ly fsd range. what would be the top grade fsd booster engineer outcome?
and how much time is expected before getting it

Yeah, it's definitely not Robigo-tier income, but it's much better than before, more fun, and can get you doing a variety of things.

FSD range is one of the first ones you get. Top tier is +50% jump range.

Here's all the upgrades and what you need for them:

Stacking skimmers is way faster. Only have to kill 12 at POIs within 50km of the base it sends you to. Done in 20 mins.

True, killing skimmers is one of the better money-maker missions. Salvage missions and, surprisingly, piracy missions are also really good money makers if you have high rep.

is qt cmdr rhea still modding it?

He sure has a point. But then again, if this one dies, it dies and we will make a new one. it's the nature of things. I think it's a smart idea, but combining the three games is basically shitposting x 3.

>Used to be part of the Earth Defense Fleet because the general died right when I started playing and I got incredibly bored just playing by myself
>Literally a bunch of dads and led by some Sicilian trucker from the bronx
They were alright I guess, though the leader took himself a little too seriously

They have a Discord now? What kind of people go on there willingly? Do tell.

joining a decent player group legitimately does make the game a lot more fun, I had a lot of fun in the federal navy teamspeak and undermining in wings back when I was a Hudson dad

I agree. Having a good group (on Inara.cz) to fly together with and do some BSG things adds a new layer to the game. If not for this, I would've dropped ED altogether.

Yes.

It's not that bad actually, I expected much worse.
Apparently there's hundreds of users, they even have some FDev people in there (One of the rules says that if you try to impersonate anyone from fdev you get banned), and they even have a music bot.

The Veeky Forums discords I've been to have always been poorly moderated messes full of mentally ill trannies and drama whores.

Reddit 1, Veeky Forums 0

Anything new recently to the game?
I only played for like a day or two when Engineer update came out but then I went back to all the other games I missed out on.

Only 1 discord for Veeky Forums that isn't meh from all the ones I been on and that came out of wanting to leave the "official" one, ded/shitty groups are just par for the course really.

Pretty much
We shat on Mahon no less than three times, and that's just when I was active

The only chan related discord I've been to that wasn't utter dogshit was a discord of a certain shitposting board from a certain chan I won't mention.

People there were actually nice and all, but then someone had the great idea of posting the link to the discord on /r9k/ and it literally got invaded by trannies.

There's just nowhere safe.

All the Veeky Forums discords I've been to were a tranny/drama whore fest.

they made engineers less shit and mats easier to find

Is it against the ToS to ban trannies for being trannies on discord? If not, the problem is easily solved.

What is the best small ship to fight in?

The problem is tranny chaser / tranny enabler admins/mods.

How is the ED Twitch community, then?

do cheats still exist on this game?

Yes.

no load jump and no jump alignement are still there???

no ban?