PlayStation 4 General #348.5 - /ps4g/ /ps4gen/ /momgen/

Emergency thread Edition

========================================

>Hatsune Miku Project Diva X ‘Rhythm’ trailer
gematsu.com/2016/08/hatsune-miku-project-diva-x-rhythm-trailer

>Darkest Dungeon for PS4, PS Vita launches September 27
gematsu.com/2016/08/darkest-dungeon-ps4-ps-vita-launches-september-27

>Crows: Burning Edge new trailer, Harumichi Bouya character trailer
gematsu.com/2016/08/crows-burning-edge-new-trailer-harumichi-bouya-character-trailer

>Final Fantasy Season Pass announced
gematsu.com/2016/08/final-fantasy-xv-season-pass-announced

>Persona 5 ‘Ryuji All-Out Attack’ gameplay
gematsu.com/2016/08/persona-5-ryuji-attack-gameplay

>Dynasty Warriors: Eiketsuden opening movie
gematsu.com/2016/08/dynasty-warriors-eiketsuden-opening-movie

>Utawarerumono: The Two Hakuoros adds playable Munechika
gematsu.com/2016/08/utawarerumono-two-hakuoros-adds-playable-munechika

>Koei Tecmo’s Berserk Nosferatu Zodd
gematsu.com/2016/08/koei-tecmo-berserk-adds-nosferatu-zodd

>Akiba’s Beat ‘Kotomi Sanada’ character trailer
gematsu.com/2016/08/akibas-beat-kotomi-sanada-character-trailer

>World of Final Fantasy videos introduce four Mirages
gematsu.com/2016/08/world-final-fantasy-videos-introduce-four-mirages

>Tales of Berseria ‘Eizen’ Japanese TV spot
gematsu.com/2016/08/tales-berseria-eizen-japanese-tv-spot

>Atelier Firis details Angriff, Ren, Norbert, Dion, and Aurelie
gematsu.com/2016/07/atelier-firis-details-angriff-ren-norbert-dion-aurelie

========================================

>PS+ FAQ
community.us.playstation.com/t5/Games-Services/INFO-PlayStation-Plus-FAQ/m-p/41658595

>PS+ Current Offerings
(US) blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/
(EU) blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/

>PS Store Updates
(US) blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-store/
(EU) blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/playstation-store/

Other urls found in this thread:

hitomi.la/galleries/614434.html
dualshockers.com/2016/08/08/rumor-playstation-neo-to-be-revealed-in-new-york-on-september-7/
youtube.com/watch?v=qc82euSTM2I
youtube.com/watch?v=qOAnrUdQk2s
youtube.com/watch?v=8Zulk8c_8LY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FIRST!!1!1!

So how's Rogue Galaxy? I've never played it on PS2 and now I saw it pop up on PSN. Is it a good, classic JRPG? Worth some investment of time?

What was your last purchase?

What will be your next purchase?

Post a panda link you find yourself return to occasionally.

You are welcome

who /YNAfan/ here?

Fuck off, YNA.

More like /psdedgen/

me

It's a good gem, a tiny bit dated but solid fun nonetheless

So it's just fucking character... like they couldn't do character choice before starting game... japs are fucking idiots

hitomi.la/galleries/614434.html

Really makes you think

> My thoughts on:

Rebel Galaxy
I can't shake the feeling that this was originally some sort of iOS game because of the general lack of content, low res graphics and ability to only exist on a single plane. It's boring really, imagine if you played Skyrim right, but whenever you fast traveled you'd get interrupted on your journey by your horse not understanding how to avoid a mountain or bandits leering at you slightly off path. So your forced to avoid them then run ahead far enough to go back to fast traveling. But you want to fight the bandits to enjoy the combat, right? Combat is kind of meh, it's trying to go for a whole navel combat angle (which is good) but most of your early encounters are against ships which are too small to engage broadsides with or so huge that you don't stand a chance. But the combat is most of the game so you'll constantly be provoking engagements just for something to do.
> What about the trade
The commodities market is too volatile to make an iron triangle. Places that produce a good, it's their sole product, will run out even after long runs and prices will tank for no good reason. To make it seem fair they give out events which will either jack up or lower the market value of products in certain areas but sometimes those events will affect completely unrelated areas as well. I can imagine a tech boom on a military outpost will effect neighboring outposts price, but why the hell does it effect a criminal outpost all the way on the other side of the galaxy? So you can't make stable runs going from outpost to outpost like most trading games in addition to pirates or planets stopping you from warping in peace.

In short it's a dull slow game with nothing really going for it except for a lack of alternative options. If you want trading Port Royale, Nobunaga or they Romance of the Three Kingdom games offer better and if you want space combat, get a PC.

dualshockers.com/2016/08/08/rumor-playstation-neo-to-be-revealed-in-new-york-on-september-7/

ehh I wouldn't put the actual launch this year, I'd say if anything to expect the Neo sometime after March since sony has to expend so much energy selling PSVR.

Unless they already sold out of their initial shipments and they get cocky again. Sony makes the worst decisions when they're cocky.

Eh, as someone that loved the AC naval combat, I really liked rebel galaxy. I disagree, the combat is fun, and you don't fast travel, you travel really fast. You can avoid most encounters and asteroid fields by just steiring the ship around them.

>not buying an early shit with tons of automatic turrets, and then buying the high range high fire rate turrets and laugh as bullets keep flying everywhere tearing all the fighters apart while you slowly work down the shields of the enemy capital ship, only to then manual aim focus fire all turrets on the enemy capital ship as it tries desperately to flee while awesome western rock keeps blaring.

>I'm a baad baad man!

Why do you hate fun? sublime?

The update fixes a lot of problems I had with No Man's Sky but it's still not as great as it was hyped up to be.

Giving it a very generous 7/10, I'd wait until it's half price.

I can answer any questions about it if you want.

1.01 or 1.03?

Can I take you out on a date?

Sounds a bit lewd, I'll have to pass

What does vampire loli butt taste like?

I'm still not sure if I should fall for the No Man's Sky meme

What's the coolest planet you've found so far?

oh ok. You seem like a delta faggot though, so I'm not sure how much your opinion is worth.

Future Tone is too hard

>got the Summer Games skin for D.va
Aww yes

The blue mech and white pilot suit are real nice.

Gummy bears

There was one cool one with orange water and purple grass with some weird floating eel creatures. I should have taken a screenshot.

Bit annoyed that I had to delete my save though for the update to work properly.

lolis shouldn't be allowed to smoke

But you play on pee sea, why are you telling us?

Anyone else looking forward to that Berserk game?

Also how can Guts even compete?

The skeleton army part of the final boss in Medievil is so infuriating. My 100% play time is going to be under six hours, but I've been stuck on just this first phase of the final boss for two days now goddamn it

What happens if i buy this?

Uncharted 4 is proof that jews shouldn't make games.

Bring back Amy Hennig, Naughty Shits.

I already had the OP for the new thread yesterday, why did you let the old thread die?

I like how edgy you are, that's pretty kewl.

If you're lucky nothing
If you're not $5k missing from your bank account, threats to accept low quality merchandise and someone whining that you didn't give them a 5-star review.

Since this is the closest thing to a PS3 general, I'm gonna ask here.
What's the best 3rd party PS3 controller? The original is like $50 to 60 and that feels like too much.
t. Poorfag

this is the ps4 thread you destitute fuck get out of here

If you don't bump this thread I'll make a new one with updated OP.

The PS4 controller is a pretty good PS3 controller.
It genuinely is, but I've no idea user. Not poorfag enough to know.

that sounds like a trap

Not that it matters because some people will bump it and it will die in the night when I'm asleep or something.

I have a ps4 controller but the home button doesn't work on ps3. It's really weird that they would make it work like that.

Just make the new thread and everyone will migrate?

No, it will be deleted.

I know you can get themes, games etc from JP accounts onto your US account, but is there a way to download an avatar on the JP store to use on your US account?

k-sha is the cutest

Nope, avatars are account locked.

of all things why this. damn. i want my cute Kat avatar. Ah well. I got the one from E3 I guess

Because avatars are something everyone sees, so when you pick them, what it's doing is telling the server what icon to show for you. It's not a download to your system, but rather a bit of information tied to your account on the server side.

Are there any good themes on JP PSN?
I'm still using the Tearaway one, haven't found anything better

>Last thread dead
>This thread already on page 10

lmao

bump

You guys deserve it for what you did to /psgen/

Still waiting for it to die so I can update the news.

There are a lot of exclusives that need status updates, but I wish the small ones like Wattam, The Tomorrow Children, What Remains of Edith Finch, and Hob had release dates.

Sorry thread didn't update properly.
Well my biggest problems with the game is that there's nothing to do. You can trade or you can fight and that's it. The trading isn't really handled well because it's impossible to do simple runs and make simple trade routes since the commodities market fluctuates so wildly. A good trading game would have you start off doing simple runs between two close ports and eventually encourage you to make longer runs by either reducing the profit of the goods sold in those ports or by making the profit on it ridiculous for a port slightly farther out. This game doesn't do that, sure there's the occasional famine or war but while you're making those runs the place you're buying from will run out or worse it ends and you're stuck with 15 tons of ceramic plating.

Combat wise you mentioned the AC games and that combat is fun because it's two ships on equal footing exchanging broadsides at each. That's great, but at no point during AC did the opposing ship suddenly start throwing out fighter planes that you had to wait while your AA guns shot them down. It is fun when you fight another ship near your weight class, but most of my encounters were either fighters and gunship or a capital ship with 10 gallons of whoop ass. I didn't feel any agency from those encounters, I just waited till my turrets swatted down those ships or shoved on my deflectors and boosted till I could safely warp. I didn't feel like I was doing anything that could affect the tide of battle.

Aside from that you have nothing else. Most of the missions are either delivery runs (which may turn out to be an ambush) or elimination runs (which may turn out to be a bigger ambush).

All in all this game has less content than Sid Meier's Pirates!, which is a better game and typing that makes me realize how much I want him to do Pirates in SPACE!

The fast travel thing was an analogy for people who hadn't played the game.
Also literally who?

not again

/psgen/ deserved way worse. Faggots kept spamming their shitty general in every thread and brought in all the shitposters.

Why would you want JP themes? You've got literally thousands of thug gangster skulls, grim reapers, bald eagles, and dollar bill themes to choose from.

Feeling Pretty Good, This from friday, I've finished up Abzu, Furi, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (A+B story), Final Fantasy X and Gravity Rush.

I'm actually finishing games

>After two years finally got back into finishing my second run (kek) of second son (kek)
>Was only missing cought drop, hat trick, 10 Akuma kills, 10 sign twirler kills, 10 musician kills, Expert difficulty, and bad karma choices to platinum.
>Check it out after getting it
>Its still at the same percentage as the launch month
>TFW

So apparently Genki are planning on restarting the Shutokou Battle series, or that's what their Twitter would lead me to believe seeing as GRP are coming back.

Would be pretty interesting to tear up the C1 loop and Wangan area on PS4 actually after like 10 years of nothing bar the one PS3 Wangan Midnight game.

Can't wait for the PS4 ver desu

I just picked up that compilation of Portable 1 and 2 that got released in the States for PSP for like $5 and I'm digging it. Which DJMax games are worth getting?

Happy International Kat Day.

>tfw trying to breed life in /ps4g/ last night
>it died 5 posts after I went to sleep
Nice one guys.

Also Overwatch got a price slash in canada

Is it $20? Because that's about all I'm willing to spend on it.

Close, it's 20$ off!

>Caturday
>On a Monday

Anyone wants to play a couple tricky tower games?

>tfw no IdolM@ster x Project Diva x Bust a Groove game game.

>tfw when Akiyama doesn't have a rhythm game where he just dance battles geriatrics.

youtube.com/watch?v=qOAnrUdQk2s

Yakuza 0 will have Majima Dance Battles

youtube.com/watch?v=8Zulk8c_8LY

Any PS3 owners here, do you know of any accesory (kinda like this image) that serves as a 'cover' for the PS3 to make its top flat instead of curved?

Right now I have a PS4 with a PS3 on top of it, but need to stack one thing further and the curved top kinda doesn't allow it.

Thanks!

We were like on page 10, 3 threads before we got deleted. Fuck you, I don't care anymore.

Don't know of one which exists, I've got the same issue. I've just got quite a lot of blu tack on top to support the PS2 which sits on my PS3.

Fair enough.

I guess I'm just too much of a sucker for the atmosphere, and I tried to have fun with different tactics and ship types.

Also I'm never a trader, but I made some good money by buying low and selling high without much planning.
Also it's fun to focus speed and shields on a ship, warp to the most difficult sector and just to transport missions without even engaging the enemy and merely escaping.

Eh but I'm not going to say it's amazing, and it does get stale.

So ded

Has probably something to do with this

im going to bed. fuk u dedgen. page 10 again

I will not let him hold the thread hostage

>2 games where I'm 1 trophie away from getting plat
>both trophies require grind for at least 10h each

What games and what trophies?

DOAX3
Paradise Forever! Play Pictorial Paradise (owner lvl 50)
Gundam ExvF
Over the Rainbow All pilots' links have reached MAX

stop it you're scaring me

Why aren't you playing no man's sky

Holy fucking balls this is the most pretentious shit I've ever read.

What's pretentious about it?

Why is this guy literally the only dev who memes himself and his hardships constantly.

>muh floods
>muh delays
>muh experience

I'll give NMS a few months and buy it second hand from the bargain bin thanks

Why would that come in a can?

>No online

Okay user, tell me what are the chances I could see another human lightyears from earth?
Why don't you go back to school already and let this thread die

Does anyone have a EU store discount code?
I still don't get how you're supposed to get them. Do they give them to you for buying stuff? Is it some kind of loyalty program? Is it a promotion only thing?