What car has the best stock shifter?

What car has the best stock shifter?

S2K has a very nice short and smooth shifter.

spyker

Ya s2k is the nicest shifter I've ever used

carrera gt

>fingerprints

how about no.

For lower end cars, the 2003-2008 Toyota Matrix/Corolla/Pontiac Vibe has a great stock manual shifter. Of course it's an everyman's car, but the shifter is very smooth, and it's very close to the steering wheel, while not getting in the way. Very comfortable to use.

The sport version even comes with a 6 speed.

this is vehicular autism

None of those touch even the oldest Honda manual

They're all the same car.

The Matrix/Vibe is a hatchback Corolla.

Honda civic si

Depends on generation. FG2 and FA5 Si's are basically guaranteed to have issues with 3rd gear, and they're really notchy half the time. My is only good immediately after changing the trans fluid. Then I would say it's great.

A few I really enjoyed in no order:
NA Miata
E92 M3
Porsche Boxster (early 2000s)
Focus ST
Toyobaru

I drove a corolla hatch 6 speed from 09 and it is way better then my 98 civic hatch, corolla has a good shifter location and nice throw, all i can say for the civic is that it will probably last longer

Ep3 si. Even though the dash mounted shifter looks pretty dumb, it is absolutely fantastic to use

Best I ever experienced were my 2005 S2000 that I had since new, and sold in 2013, and my current GT350.

Much to my surprise, the temperament of the two cars, including the shifter, is almost identical. The GT350 is like an S2000 that age a ton of burgers and went to the gym a lot.

I actually like the oddball shifter placement.

aw11 mr2

I'm partial to the 355, but anything with a gated manual is god-tier

Volvo 140

>Donkey dick master race

Looks like a door knob/wardrobe handle

Corolla shifters are notchy and sloppy as fuck

At least there's normally an arm rest near it

>cable operated
>2016

I had a 2004 Pontiac Vibe and the shifter was garbage, extremely notchy to the point that it felt like you were forcing it into gear and it made an awful clunk with every shift, other than that it was a fantastic car

Best shifters are going to be longitudinally mounted engines with RWD as you avoid the sloppy shift linkage.

I've been very fond of the S2000 and most BMWs. I also test drove a Carrera that was real nice.

It's probably an honage to the 917(?), which also had a wooden shift knob in an effort to reduce weight. Hell, they even drilled six ~2mm holes in the ignition key to reduce weight.

learned to drive stick in one of these, do they all have to be started in reverse

Ayy

Yeah, you can't even take the key out without putting the damn thing in reverse

My uncle let me drive his Ferrari 308 a few times before he sold it. I only have Honda Civics to compare it to, but it was really nice.

what car

Which car is this?

looks like a saab 900 to me lads

The E39 and E46 had pretty too notch shifters.

Now ruined by the fukbois who bought and abused them.

Na/nb miata 5 speeds are pretty fucking perfect.

Id agree with you if my second gear wasent so difficult to shift into

>automatic
into the trash it goes.

I'm pretty fond of the shifter in my 2014 mustang gt. It's short, moves easily and has a that 'notchy' feeling that it positively goes into each gear. The aesthetics of the stock knob may not be the greatest, but I like it well enough to keep it.

S2000