Comfortable yet sporty

My car is literally too painful to drive. (Two back surgeries)
Was wondering if a car with these attributes exist.

>comfortable
>rwd
>manual
>decent fuel economy
>sunroof

If I really have to I guess I could settle for fwd.

Is this h/o/peless?

Fuck trying to be both. Buy a comfy truck for the street and a formula car for going fast.

Honestly a mustang fits those...

An eclipse fits the description. Although I didn't enjoy mine very much. It's FWD.

>hurr RWD
Fuck you

People like RWD

Literally described g35 or Lexus 250

Toyota Chaser/Mark II/Cresta or Nissan Cefiro/Laurel

They did make the I6 variants as a manual, but good luck finding one.

E36 M3 maybe? Some german car "sport" coupe will likely do what you want. An older AMG would be perfect if you could afford running costs.

G37
IS300
GTO/G8/SS
Maybe Mercedes C300

get something with captain's chairs

Wow, why does that trigger you so much?

Yeah, I def thought about that car but like you said, good luck finding one.

Wonder if I should just get the new Miata.
How's living with a drop top?

God damn that looks sexy.

>if you could afford running costs.

Probably not. I probably would be better off with something that has a warranty.

>G37

Didn't even think of this.
How does it compare against the Z?

nohow
what about qx50?

Slower, more comfortable, higher level of luxary. Still revs to almost 8k, fun to drive, LSD, big brake kit.

Some sort of newer Merc or BMW. Luxury for geriatrics.

1JZ and RB25 drink like Irishmen at an open bar.

More refined since it's sold under a luxury marque.

Thanks user.

My biggest fear is maintenance and repair costs. I hate being poor. I lost almost everything getting hurt.

What's your budget? If you have 25-30k to throw away I'd suggest a lexus of some sort. 2012+ gs/es 350. Both comfy af, although i believe the es may be fwd and is basically a toyota avalon with a lexus badge on it. Infiniti g35/37 are also good choices, but I don't know as much about infiniti.

>Comfortable yet sporty
There's lots of cars that can give you a sporty (bouncy, high-G-force, sideways force cornering, stiff low-sway) ride.

>My car is literally too painful to drive. (Two back surgeries)
That means you medically should avoid sporty rides. Your request contradicts yourself and your medical condition. Are you a troll?

>Was wondering if a car with these attributes exist: comfortable, manual , sunroof

Those are purchased options, so of course they exist. But you have said that your existing Mazda RX7 is too sporty a ride for you and thus causes back pain.

Apparently your medical condition is not all that serious if you are willing to put stress on your back with holding your right arm out and manually shifting all the time while using only one hand to steer. This sets up a slight stress across your back and thus your spine, so those two BACK surgeries aren't going to have slower healing due to the repeated torsioning forces put on the spine?

As for comfort, when sitting, it is the seat that needs to be adjusted to fit you and not the car. You don't sit on the car (unless you are the girl that sits on people's hoods). You sit in a seat. The seat then sits in the car. In many ways, all you need is a comfortable fitted seat wherever you are. Certainly there are electrically powered seats in many new cars that have adjustable lumbar and upper back support (or not if you adjust it that way). The seats also have front edge tilt up or down (mine does) and there's even memory settings for seat positions so different people can drive with their own seat setting memorized. Thus, you don't have to be fiddling with the seat controlls all the time.

You should look up one of the current new cars and their option packages to have the fully adjustable seats with lumbar support.

>doesn't give his budget

I'd like to stay around 25. I don't mind getting used.
I'm.wondering if just leasing is the way to go. I don't want to deal with shit when the warranty is up because I have a feeling repair and maintenance bills with these things is going to suck.

>My car is literally too painful to drive. (Two back surgeries)
>Was wondering if a car with these attributes exist.

Automatic is better for your medical condition. You don't want to be putting more stress on your back. A smooth ride is better for your back injuries than a sporty bouncy one. Each time there is a bounce or sway to the side, your back injuries get slightly re-injured again so that delays recover or even has a chance to make problems worse.

>I DONT LIKE OVERSTEER

I'm not going to lie I went from a civic to a g35 and it's roughly 1.75x the amount for maintenance, it is worth it though

lol no user, that's not my rx7

I just want something that's lively. I don't need high g forces. Just something that feels good on the curvy backroads.
And I went through hell with my surgeries, I assure you I'm not trolling.
See
I forgot, sorry.

Sounds like you're a cuck that needs to buy a camry. If you have an emergency fund a head gasket job or transmission is no big deal. Don't be a faggot.

How much do you make a month? How much down? I assume you want to finance.

>slower healing due to the repeated torsioning forces put on the spine?

The implant has already fully integrated with the bone. It's the nerve damage that gets me. Just saw the surgeon Monday and it's been seven months.

The seat is def important. I have a lumbar roll I use for shit seats.

The biggest pain comes from bumps when my spine gets that vertical shock.

I'd be ok with smooth as long as it isn't a boat and leans excessively in corners.

I don't mean to be a pain in the ass anons, I just feel lost and kind of down about this all. Guess I'm still trying to come to terms with it all.

Looking at 3-5g down $300ish a month.

My wife told me that Chad wants a red car to match the shutters on my cuck shed out back.

Guy that mentioned trying a lexus earlier here. 300 a month isn't gonna work for a gs350 so that option is out the window. And if you did get a lexus you needn't worry about things breaking, they're very reliable cars. For 300 a month you could go the route of a 2010 acura tsx or a 2010 volvo s80. I'm not too sure on the reliability of either one, but they are both well within your budget.

>1JZ and RB25 drink like Irishmen at an open bar.
That's why the 1UZ-FE exists.

>Yes, that's a 1UZ-FE swapped into a MK4 Supra and then twin turbocharged

Thanks.

Looks sexy af. Bet it sounds glorious.

why twin turbos and not just a single turbo with more psi

curious and want to learn more about turbo cars

larger turbo takes longer to spool up and provide boost. a smaller secondary turbo is used to provide low end boost where the large primary turbo is ineffective/useless.

mostly used with outdated turbos and technology since turbo lag (the low RPM area where a large turbo is ineffective) has mostly been eliminated through better turbo design in modern times.

Because there's less turbo lag with a twin turbo setup.

Personally, I think the best setup is a twincharged setup like this. A supercharger and a turbocharger. Supercharger gets that instant throttle response you want while the turbo can make the big power. No lag, all boost.

Even on modern turbos, lag exists. It's not as prevalent, but it is still noticeable.

A last (very rare) issue is packaging. it might be easier to fit two small turbos rather than a single large into an engine bay. which is what appears to be happening in that image.

How complicated would a twincharged set up be on a factory turbo car?

I'm considering buying one but I've been conditioned from a young age to fear turbos because they'll blow the fuck up

Depends on the car and what the aftermarket support is like.
On something like a 2005-2007 Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged or a 2003-2011 Saab 9-3 (2.0L), it's fairly easy since you just grab the setup from the other car and plumb it in.

If you have back problems, maybe stay away from manual?

Anything made past 2012.

>I drive a shitbox and have buyer's remorse

In that case, packaging. Easier to put a turbo on each bank.
You can have one larger turbo fed by all 8 cylinders but fitting that in an engine bay is very difficult.
You should have decent spool times even though it's a larger turbo because you have double the exhaust pulses hitting the turbine.

You have two main things when it comes to turbo response.
Spool up time and lag.
Spool up time is how fast it takes the turbo to get to its target boost pressure.
Lag is the time it takes the turbo to respond to your throttle input. Even if you're in boost if you let off the throttle then back on it there is a small delay.
Hope that isn't too confusing, I'm half asleep on the couch.

>Because there's less turbo lag with a twin turbo setup.

Not necessarily.
And now we've got twin scroll and variable vane geometry which really improves lag and spool times. Can't wait until they attach electric motors on them like F1.

Complicated but it's been done and being done. Volvo has one now.

Your knowledge of turbos being risky is based on poor tuning and old tech. Turbo engines are very reliable now. Tech has a lot to do with it.

>Can't wait until they attach electric motors on them like F1.
agreed. That will clear up all complaints I have about turbos, especially if the electric motor is a separate unit you can replace without replacing the entire turbo.

Fat turbos with instant throttle response and spool up.
It's a win win.

What are you on about, they made like 2500 manual sc300's a year. There are PLENTY of them. You just have to be patient. Unless you're trying to discourage him from looking for one, to save the supply for real enthusiasts. If so, awesome. Manual sc's are so rare we need all of the ones we can get

E39 528i. I used to drive one, surprisingly sporty for its engine and weight. Also comfy and room, although you may want something that sits higher if you have a bad back.

Get an old E30 325 or something. Super comfy, nice to drive and the mileage isn't hugely affected when driving ridiculously fast on highways.

Hey OP, what about a CTS-V? Either a V1 or V2 may be the ticket for your requirements.
V2 would fail on good MPGs though.

Lexus IS
300ZX
Mazdaspeed3/6
Literally anything that isn't some Racekar meme shit

>ff

Challenger.

(YOU!)
>guaranteed replies

>>>/jalopnik/
>>>/rcr/

>And if you did get a lexus you needn't worry about things breaking, they're very reliable cars
When you need something fixed, it gets expensive.

It's too bad new cars are expensive or else even buying a new cheap domestic car would satisfy the need to have low maintenance charges. The new cars come with the 3 year 36K bumper to bumper warranty and 5 years on powertrain. Offsetting that is the sales tax, higher registration fee, and higher insurance for a new car at the beginning of its depreciation cycle. Of course, you can buy a used car that has 1 year or less of age.

If your funds are low, then it's better to not spend money on a "fun to drive" car because you need to conserve money in case more emergencies come up or it is hard to get employment with the back condition. While obamacare works best for people who have little or no money, doctors have found out how to abuse the system by refusing to take lower-paying obamacare. They affilliate with an out of state medical organization and thus claim to be the local "branch" yet they operate pretty much the same as they always have. But that lets them refuse obamacare patients due to that loophole.

what youre describing is an M5/M6 to the T.

You know that's a concept car, right?
Miatas never came with hardtops

Mustang
>sporty
>comfortable
>reliable
Used GTs can be had for under 25k

Actually they did but it was rare. And that's an rx7 in the pic.