Who else here /simplegauges/?

who else here /simplegauges/?

Post gauges and guess the car

I'll show you simple

Literally have no idea.
They have something germanic about them, tho.

>simple
no

Fuck, its so poor, I love it

Ahh Geo Metro, mines got the tacho in it though.

>no tach

RIP

that's the 1995+ model

here's the old school one

yes I am doing about 100mph

Camaro?

Did he died

T&C?

Yeppers. I miss it.

I miss knowing my water temp, oil pressure, etc
I wish new cars at least let you toggle through them like they do with mpg and miles.

My dad still has his. Bought it in 2003 never had any real problems, just maintenance. Lots of memories with it. Taken to NYC x2 and Toronto. It's like a family pet. We love it.

Mine was a 2002, head gasket went kablooie after forcing it two miles up an unplowed snowy hill to get home last winter; the Voyager I had before that made it to 340k before the rust got too bad to keep it on the road. Family pet is a good analogy.

I've got a newer Toyota Sienna now and it's fucking awful, makes me miss the Caravan every time I drive it. Can't believe they're killing off the Caravan and T&C for the new Pacifica, end of a fucking era that is.

In the future if I have kids I'd get an Odyssey though. They're comfy af and I just fell in love with them when I used to work as a shuttle driver for a Honda dealership

Trans am?

Damn, though I was gonna have the simplest ones.

I grew attached to it.

simple

mid 2000 civic isn't it ?

Honda decided the 9th gen doesn't need a temp gauge anymore.

yeah, 8th gen

Love it. I think it won't be hard to guess what car that is.

Picture is taken two minutes too early. Golf 4?

Good taste in music, user.

Lincoln town cars have no tachometer either.

Neh camaro. Trans am has slightly different look and masterrace red backlight.

VW Bora, not my picture, though it looks the same, except for the miles, mine only has km/h

Thanks.

Saab 9-3/9-5

It's the original design - NG900. There are few differences in these next models.

>in b4 file name

How on fucking earth would I be able to see that

Center-tach master race

Guess, lads!

The newer ones have different spacing between numbers on speedometer and other little details. You would see that if you would own one I guess.

Disgusting and extremely pleb.

It seems like the whole thing has been drawn by a 8 years old on a white sheet.

Buick LeSabre

>having a temperature gauge
Way too complicated desu

What are they like to own? Mom had her 2000 9-3 2.2TDI from 2001 to 2015, and I gotta admit that I really didn't like the car all that much

Seats felt very unbolstered/unshaped, engine had more than a few problems, stereo was fucking terrible, and the front kept eating bushings

Plus points for boot space tho

That's a Ford Ka

fug
youre right

>Saab
>diesel
Oh no.
There's not much bad I could think of. I'm a Saab fanatic. I like the 900 SPG's. I own a 1997 900SE 2.0T Talladega edition with an Aero body kit. I believe that it's the ultimate NG900 and it's a quite rare one. These were produced only for Italy's market. Bought it last summer in Germany as my first car. I'm the third owner. The previous owner was an old German guy that seemed to love the car. It was maintained good. The only problems I've had with the car was there when I bought it - the exhaust seemed to be changed and wasn't connected well and the reverse rear light didn't work. The only imperfections with it is that the climate control turns on when I start the car and the windows won't roll up automatically. They will roll down with a push on the button but you have to keep your finger on it till they are up. It's silly but that's it. I will try to keep the car in it's good condition and hope that I will be able to drive it all my life. I will have a different car when I will be able to afford a second one.
>stereo was fucking terrible
What did you expect from the factory stereo in 90's car?
>Seats felt very unbolstered/unshaped
That seems odd. I know that they replaced the seats in the 9-3 with bigger/wider ones for comfort reasons. The seats in my car are perfect. I've slept two nights on that front seat in a road trip and felt fine. And people are usually complimenting the comfort in it. I actually think that they ruined the car when making it as the 9-3. The safety was improved with extra airbags but I see that only as extra weight. I dislike every single detail in design changes. As I said, I like the classic 900's and the NG900 was a good reincarnation in a new gen. But then they also changed the name.
As all cars they have their most common problems but I won't be able to tell anything about them from my experience.

Speaking of dashes, is there a way to put the new smart dashes into older vehicles and have them function correctly? I'm assuming you're do a lot of rewiring and have to have a custom PCM or something.

When you say dashes, you mean gauges right?

v6 firebird

some crysler

old toyota

one of those buick barges

mercedes something from like 2002+

the only company that i know who does gauges in that color is infiniti

old ass amerrican truck?

Tractors don't need tachs

yeee bb, though its not that old at 24

A pic would be nice

Ford Truck

Corolla, Matrix?

effectively, yes.

>yes I am doing about 100mph
Not for long.

and that we don't need night vision.

Definitely Toyota, I recognize that turn indicator stalk.

Still the best one ever. I have the 24v VR6 and love it. clear, easy to read, legible, good lighting and most importantly, the tach and speedo arent separated by individual tubes.

Golf / Jetta.

yep. confirmed.

ZZE130 Corolla

well, it's a testament to that generation of vag vehicles. but you're wrong, is a b5, 30v passat. Lovely to drive around all day and night, but it's getting to a point where I don't always want to work on it.
pic unrelated.

2005 Corolla XRS

>nobody has spotted the commonwhore one yet

Cunts must still be sleeping off their hangovers.

Nice try hiding that M badge. Z4

>that glorious redline

I really do want an XRS corolla as my next project. They seem like really fun sleepers. How's it treating you.

>my cluster, not my car

It's been great, I've only had to do maintenance so far. As far as a project car goes, their isn't much aftermarket support past the basic bolt-ons. But it is fun hitting lift next to other cars.