FWD for DD required

Everyone on Veeky Forums has a boner for RWD, but I honestly can't buy a RWD DD because I can't go up icy hills in the winter. They won't plow the streets in my area. It iced about 0.75in and then snowed ~4in on top of that; even with FWD and snow tires installed it took me a ridiculous amount of time to get up the hill to where I live. RWD would have been hell because the rear end would have been all over the place. Veeky Forums is always saying "RWD in snow is OK with snow tires" or "RWD in snow is fine if you know how to drive a car" but I am not buying this shit at all. I have to drive in the snow for around 60 mi a day during work days, and I can't just call in because my car won't get there.

What does Veeky Forums do to miraculously transform their RWD vehicle into a tracked all terrain vehicle whenever it snows? Otherwise I am sticking with FWD.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CLbzrtPaMVM
youtu.be/STaximkaQxo
youtu.be/STaximkaQxo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

better tires. sand in the trunk

>I can't

your car can though

believe in yourself

succeed the legend

This + lsd

I heard that sand in the trunk is a bad idea because the weight needs to be in front of the rear tires not behind or righr over them. Did I misunderstand or is sand in the backseat a better idea?

I call bullshit on that

>weight rear axle
>improve traction with legitimate snow tires
>bolt on LSD
>switch traction control and ABS back on
>DEJA VU

Get AWD
/thread
bu-bye

Because AWD will help someone stop in the snow

EVERY vehicle is going to be useless or unsafe when there's .75in of ice on the road. Get some blizzaks and call it a day.

Driving habits help, a lot. I daily drove an LT1 Firebird for multiple winters and never had too much of an issue.

Invest in some decent snow tires, weigh down the trunk, brake extremely slowly and accelerate extremely slowly. Start off in 2nd gear if needed.

There is no reason to own rwd if your only excuse is "Veeky Forums told me to"

All drivetrains can perform really well.

Snow is where RWD becomes maximum fun

>delusions
rwd is objectively the most fun

not only that, but objectively superior to fwd
it's simple physics

depends on how you define superior
FWD is better for most people (Read: Soccer Moms), because understeer is a tad safer than oversteer imo
Otherwise RWD is better

You're entitled to your opinions but I would just like to say that a lightly tuned civic with a b16 will smoke your rwd ''fun mobile''. Well, at least you'll be able to rip a handbrake skid at an empty parking lot later

Bud, if you're going uphill rwd is superior due to weight transfer. Same reason rwd launches/accelerates better for the most part. Although, fwd does well enough. But a selectable 4wd vehicle is the best because you've the option to not sap power through extra drive couplings all the time. Awd is shit tier normie safety net gimmick that is marketed to give people way too much confidence in their machine over their ability.

>RWD is objectively more fun
b8

>Needing to rip the ebrake to perform a skid
>Not having enough torque to kick the rear end out whenever you please

How does it feel being a shit?

What kind of snow are we talking about?
What car?
What tires?

>"RWD in snow is OK with snow tires" or "RWD in snow is fine if you know how to drive a car"
No one who lives where it snows heavily says that.

>he thinks power slides are real drifts

>he thinks ebrake skids are real drifts

>glorious tractability of FWD and snow tires on a shitbox

>a lightly tuned b16 will smoke you
you're fucking delusional dude. b16 is a fucking turd and so is fwd.
lmao this board is gold.

lmao

So how fast does your car go around Tsukuba?
youtube.com/watch?v=CLbzrtPaMVM

user I....

The sand isnt for weight distribution....

Youtube sand in snow.

I dd a camaro ss in canada. Snowtires and sandbags. Even the sand is optional. Its not hard, youre a pussy.

I don't know I'm not japanese

Not really.

I mean, the more centered ontop of the rear axle the better, but having the weight in the boot a bit behind the axle still puts more weight on that axle and gives you additional traction

Bags of lead also work great, especially as they have a damned good density

He's probably British and needs AWD whenever it drizzles

>go grocery shopping
>get lead poisoning

>He doesn't eat lead

Reverse up the hills OP. Granted I have mid engine rear wheel drive so the weight is more over the rear tyres.

i drove my e90 bmw in wisonsin with no problems. Dont brake in a corner. don't overthrottle. put winter tires.

Just slam it into reverse and hit the gas.
/solved

reversing up hill is also used for the Austin and morris minis
5th gen hilux with a few simple mawds

>Reverse up the hills OP.

There's cars parked on both sides of the road, as well as oncoming traffic. I am not sure I could do that, rofl

Any ways, I guess I could man up and try.

350 Z any good in snow? I want one but I fear the white powder gods

>What does Veeky Forums do to miraculously transform their RWD vehicle into a tracked all terrain vehicle whenever it snows?
Pic related, obviously.

Maybe pic related if you're a richfag.

AWD w/ winter tires > FWD w/ winter tires > RWD w/ winter tires and weighted trunk > AWD w/o winter tires > FWD w/o winter tires > RWD w/o winter tires

I daily a manual Genesis coupe with a torsen and dunlop winterforces 365 days a year in Alaska. I guarantee wherever you're at you can make it. Stop being a gaywad.

>RWD w/ winter tires and weighted trunk > AWD w/o winter tires

really? lol

bullshit

Nah, you are lying

youtu.be/STaximkaQxo

>RWD is number 1 !
>FWD is for shitters and only for a to b shitbox!

I want this meme to end

youtu.be/STaximkaQxo

>And I thought Veeky Forums knew shit

Veeky Forums knows only shitposting

The sad thing is you're probably not even trolling, just parroting what others say on Veeky Forums without any independent thought on your part. RWD is fun in some circumstances but that doesn't change the fact that it is worse in every way in bad conditions and high end AWD cars now have the technological capability of drifting the rear end out with the right driving aids off while being safer. In other words, if you're not a poorfag (which you are, judging by your post) you can have the best of both worlds.

All drive trains perform well

All drive trains can* perform well, depending on the situation. FWD, RWD and AWD all have their own pros and cons.

>Your car
Post your Type R Spoon Civic then faget

This. FWD is great for keeping costs down in econoboxes. RWD is great for power in sports cars. AWD is great for bad weather conditions. 4WD is great for offroad.

You don't "drive" a train you operate it as an engineer

Oh fuck off.
This is what I mean
im not saying a metro is a race car, but FWD as a whole isn't some unusable inferior thing

ff for dd is best drive.

economy, small nose, easy parking, mpgs, handbrakies, insurance

fr is best for tracking and fun times

mr for snap oversteer into building

That's RR, user.

Right, RR.

This is bullshit and untrue.

What specifically is bullshti and untrue?

Both are interchangeable
It's not the drivetrain
its what you can do
Its your strength of heart that will seize the day

FF is for economy of space and safety.

Both are interchangeable
>whats this mean? what are Both? That each class can be Shit and Good. It depends on the driver?

Yeah sure, but, that wasnt the point.

Sports cars arent made FF..

Not saying FF cant be sporty, what retard would base a cars Fun level on its Drivetrain?

But i can take 10,000$ and buy 1 car of each, and the best examples id get for all would be..

FF is best economy and ease of use
FR most fun had doing skids.
MR snap oversteer
RR broken old Porsche.

But given they were all in good nick, thats just the way cars work nowadays.

All drivetrains are awesome.

FF is based. Dem MPGs. Dem Values Per Moneys.

If ive got to drive 5 days a week and use minimal fuel, and be able to use the least amount of effort.. give me small and economic.

rwd has a tighter turning circle 99% of the time, how is fwd easier to park?

I disagree.

>what does Veeky Forums do to miraculously transform their RWD vehicle into a tracked all terrain vehicle whenever it snows?
change to snow tires, baka

if you say so. id take a pic but we are in the middle of our 3 months of summer so it wouldnt really prove much.

>if i call it a meme its not true
dont sour grapes just because you bought a shitbox appliance car in wrong wheel drive

>if you say so. id take a pic but we are in the middle of our 3 months of summer so it wouldnt really prove much.

yeah nice try faggot

>RR broken old porsche
You mean a MR2 turbo

>it's a "my RWD is totally just as good in the snow" thread

fine whatever
>car
>bread on hood
>shot of outside
>gps located map