Redpill me on BMW 116d (2014 if that matters)

Redpill me on BMW 116d (2014 if that matters)

generic europoor shitbox with a kidney grille on the front

>I can't afford more than a hatchback but I want a BMW: the car
>4 cylinder diesel engine
RWD means drivetrain loss, which means the point of getting an ecodiesel (MPGs) is moot.

its an economy car appliance. there's nothing to redpill.

like 1-3% more than fwd..

Badgewhore.

You realize this car in Europe is probably the same price as a Honda?

It doesn't have enough power or torque to justify the RWD drivetrain losses, it's not like you can get hektik with a fucking ecodiesel under the hood anyway.
RWD also takes up trunk space, which just so happens to be the whole fucking point of a hatchback.

Add BMW reliability memes and "premium" parts costs, and I think you can start to see why I don't like this car.

No, it isn't.

It's still overpriced but nobody cares it's an underpowered POS with probably radiocassette as standard but hey, M kit and muh BMW

please buy petrol top model

fucking jews still buying low power diesel, so used car market is full of fucking slow diesels

OP here

then recommend me a hatchback in the same used price range 5k-6k euros

it get's 83 mpg. seems like it's doing okay.

shut up and buy a civic

where the fuck these cost 5-6k euros ?

Any mid weight diesel from 2014 does the same.

You can get a Clio RS for that money which would be infinitely more fun, but it is just an old shitbox with a brilliant chassis and relatively big engine.

You could get a Golf GTI for that money, which would be much more fun than an ecodiesel BMW and more practical to boot.

You could just do the sensible thing and get a Civic, which would be more practical and more reliable, as well as cheaper in the long run.

Fuck, you could get an Alfa Romeo 147, which is a much more special car. Everyone and their mum drives a fucking 1-series.

116d - 26.500,00 €
Civic 1.6 dtec Elegance (base model doesn't even have a radio) - 25.790,00 €

For the money he can get an older BMW 130i or 135i hatch which would be more fun than any of the cars you mentioned
But i'm pretty sure op wants a new-ish economy car not an older performance hot hatch

116d, diesel vw, and a comparable honda civic literally all cost about the same in germany.

do u guys think 116s are expensive or something lmao

its an economy car priced as an economy car

>more fun than a Clio RS
That's really hard.

At least the 130i and 135i have i6 engines, so I'd count them as "real" BMWs (I know sound like a fucking snob right now), but BMW has no business making 4cyl diesel ecoboxes and advertising them as "ultimate driving machines".

I like the way it looks. Also, same as all of people in this thread i have never been in one but if i needed small city hatchback why the fuck wouold i want toyota over ultimate driving machine?

>ultimate driving machine?
do you really think they were thinking of a 120hp diesel hatch when they coined that phrase?

of course not, but if im stuck with city hatchback id rather have bmw than toyota or honda or whatever, even if it is the smallest one

I'd pick whatever has the nicest interior and not give a damn about the badge.

the BMW then
but god damn how slow the 116d is
op cant you afford a 120d at least

lexus ct200h, the best interior in class

Go for the 120d if you can. Look at the 0-60 times to see the kind of acceleration you will get. Fun begins

the 20d is the worst to go for, the 16d is the best one