Tfw you fell for the change your own oil meme

>tfw you fell for the change your own oil meme

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-avpx8UTakI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw people fall for this thread

Oh boy, what'd you do now OP

Okay Veeky Forums, I have a question. Give me ONE (1) reason why I should change my own oil, when I can get it replaced for me, with full synthetic oil, brake inspection, and tire rotation for less than $20.

>Had to drive 20 miles to get the correct filter
>Pulled a muscle in the shoulder trying to get the fucking plug lose
>2nd degree burn on hand
>entire fucking garage and house smells like oil/gasoline/exhaust mixture
>oil stains on the garage floor that wont come out

Only a retard would want to do this bullshit instead of just taking it to a shop.

>2nd degree burn
You're supposed to wait until the car cools off, user

Because they aren't doing any of those things for $20

Bullshit, they spill third of a quart on your engine-cover and hoon it in the parking lot for that money.

But then the oil gets thicker and takes longer to drain.

So you're, how they say, a retard?

GG you obviously should take it to someone who isn't a spastic sperg like you.

That's pretty unfortunate I'll concede but really, common sense could've prevented the burning your hand part.

Also putting a tarp down and/or just doing the change outdoors

>putting greasy yucky toxic oil in your engine
Drained that shit right after I bought my BRZ. Best decision of my life.

>Only a retard would want to do this bullshit instead of just taking it to a shop.
Only a retard can fuck up such a simple maintenance process as changing the oil this bad. Are you a woman by any chance?
Give me one reason why you should fuck your own wife when a black bull has got a bigger penis than you.

LOL OP IS A SELF PROCLAIMED NOOB FUCKING NOOB FUCKING SUMMER IS HERE

I own a luxury car, I wouldn't be caught dead changing my own oil like some poor kid with a rusted out Civic hatchback missing its hubcaps.

I pay my bull $50 so I can watch

>"luxury car"
Which is?

Full Synthetic will definitely be over $50, usually $69.99 or something on any given day.

Otherwise you have a groupon coupon for some place and they butcher whatever they're doing to your car.

>implying 'cold' oil doesn't take more than 2 minutes to drain
Nice bait

Probably dad's base CLA

Audi A4

sick jetta
> a4 luxury
>audi marketing team dun it again

This is why I stick to vegitable oil.

CLA leasee spotted

i need to change my damn oil, its at 15k miles on the same oil so far

I see when it was fun but now its about over half of every thread on here is now just bait and then populated with people who think OP is serious.

Honestly think. How can anyone comprehensively argue that simply changing the oil is better done by a stealership or shop rather then yourself. A logical understandable argument cant be made for it.

Everyone knows this yet
>are you retarded? Why the hell wouldnt you do it yourself. Ride the bus faggot
Will be posted.

Im getting old Veeky Forums. Its not fun for me anymore. Now its just sad and repetitive.

>uses then instead of than
Hah, retard nigger, no use listening to your shitty advice.

I doing believe the claims that oil lasts that long like in she tagged oil it self does but by that time is it's so full of shit

yeah its pretty dirty im just lazy

>A4
>luxury

I'm not that faggot, just shitposting.

Only a retard would fuck up that bad

Who changes there own oil? I pay the dealer to do it for me and watch the idiot kid doing it like a hawk. And when he's done I inspect it.
No spilt oil in my garage, no burnt skin and no crawling under my car on a piece of cardboard

>Had to drive 20 miles to get the correct filter
Plan ahead
>Pulled a muscle in the shoulder trying to get the fucking plug lose
With a body that weak you must be an ethnic jew.
>2nd degree burn on hand
Cool made up story.
No
Do you have piss stains all around your toilet too

took me 15 mins to change my oil

>so retarded he can't do a fucking oil change without burning himself

Maybe you should just sell your car and get a bicycle. You hardly have to work on one of those.

what the fuck was that

I enjoy the satisfaction of changing my own oil, but i must admit, it's been a few years since I've done it myself. Quicky lubes are just too inexpensive and convenient. Don't even know the oil filter location on my latest vehicles ( car and truck (I have both))

>too frail to pull a bolt off and such sensitive skin that he gets 2nd degree burns
Jesus OP you sound like a real winner. I bet you'd use two hands to torque down wheels

the only summerfags are the ones failing for this obvious bait

I don't have a problem changing my oil. It's nice and easy on the bimmers. I let the dealer do it on my Lincoln because it's still under warranty and free.

Fuck off alphonse

>Had to drive 20 miles to get correct filter.

Order it online, retard, it's not like an oil change is something that pops up out of no where. A single shred of pre-planning could've avoided this.

>Pulled a muscle in the shoulder getting the plug loose.

Grow a sack.

>2nd degree burn on hand.

Grow a brain.

>Entire garage and house smells like oil/gasoline/exhaust mixture.

This is bad? I can lend way to this one, I'm a little messy when I work so when I get done with any sort of work on my truck that involves grease/oil or any fluids of any kind, you'll see evidence of it across our home. Again, my own doing that a pair of gloves can remedy.

>Oil stains on garage floor

Alright, I'm not even that messy, that's just you being retarded.

You change your own oil because A.) You know the work is actually being done correctly, as opposed to being half assed by someone on flat-rate pay. B) It's fun. I always enjoy working on my truck.

I know this is trolling, but eh.

youtube.com/watch?v=-avpx8UTakI

I get it done somewhere only because I don't want to have to deal with disposing of the used oil.

You don't just burn it?

Protip, you fucking can't

I guess I'll add "in an environmentally friendly-ish manner". Honestly, I'm not really an eco-warrior, but I'd rather just have someone else deal with it and they do the work for me.

The cuck joke doesn't really apply to changing the oil. That's just having someone else do the work for you, not paying them to drive the car. I'd pay the bull to go to the in-laws or shopping or w/e and leave the fun stuff to me.

You're paying for someone to put oil in your car they probably jacked a load of hot cum into because "lmao dude weed".

Id change my own oil if I didnt have to remove a panel that has like 15 fucking pop rivets to it each time

I just changed my oil after 3,000 miles when I took it in. I only got ~3.5 quarts out...

dear yahoo answers: will my car get pregnant if the tech cums inside the oil sump?

just get a 55gallon drum from a quickie oil place, they sold one to me for thirty bucks. Now I use it for all my oil disposal needs. I'll be a grand daddy by time it fills up.

Then just chuck it in the woods.

Pour industrial solvent like acetone into the oil reservoir to clean it out faster. It also cleans your engine out, so you don't need a new filter. I've been doing this for years, now

nd degree burn on hand

I changed oil for 2 years, I am immune to heat in my hands now. I managed a pizza shop for a while and amazed my co-workers how I could literally just grab pans that have just come out of the oven with my bare hands and toss them onto the stack.

Obviously, I couldn't repeat that shit all night long but it solidified my status as a bad ass. Dont be a fucking pussy.

Wrong. Use it to rust proof your frame.

>not drinking the acetone to clean your digestion
bruh

transporting the drum to somewhere if you don't own a truck(or arranging to borrow/rent), storing if you don't have a garage, 44 oil changes

>woods
Fucking hillbilly

lol,wut?

it fit in my car

>Take it to walmart for oil change
>19.99 for filter+oil(less expensivethan buying the actual oil and filter from walmart)
>oil is drained via mechanical siphon
>all the particles have been removed
>job is done in 13 minutes
>falling for the changing oil meme

>Do you have piss stains all around your toilet too

>Implying that he doesn't just shit and piss in his bed and yell for mommie to change his sheets

your nomad?

Hey retard, do it outside. Or, get this, close the door to the house.

Hey dipshit, everybody knows to put down cardboard when you change your oil. A proper drain pan will catch all the draining oil. I always use cardboard, but with a tiny bit of finesse, I don't even need it anymore.

>take it to walmart for oil change
>some spic pisses in the oil sump
>some nigger takes a shit on the hood
>wife is impregnated in 13 minutes
>"thank you for your cervix"

>stripped belly pan bolts
>stripped oil plug bolt
>"oil plug washer? who needs those?"
>underfilled or overfilled oil
thank you for your service

>engine takes 8.5L of full synthetic
Got quoted from a place down the street because i was pretty busy with work.
$120 using fucking castrol.
Alternatively i can get 10L of mobil1 for $60 and a new filter for $15 and throw the oil out for fucking free cause california.

Yeah im not falling for the changing oil meme

And the best part? I dont have have to take the used oil to the nearest vatozone

Why would anything be stripped if a siphon is used in removing the oil? The only risk is the replacement of the filter itself but thats about it

I will never fall for changing this oil meme again

>implying the siphon machine (if they have one) doesn't stay pristine and untouched in the corner.
>still didn't address the overfill/underfill issue

>doesn't stay pristine and untouched in the corner

What does that even mean?

>overfill/underfill issue

But all they do is look up the car model and the machine automatically stops. Why are you trying so hard to convince the changing the oil meme on a commuter car?

implies they don't use it and/or have it just to say they have it.

Have you never changed oil? They have an idea what the "average" car takes, fill up a jug and dump that much oil in. Start the engine, wait for engine oil light to go out, shut off the engine and IMMIDENTALLY check the oil level. If its within the hash marks/dots/safe then car is good to go.

Good way to overfill shit, but I work at a dealer and I work on the same shit all the time so I know how much oil they take.

Also what kind of oil changer type place does not pull drain plugs?

>implies they don't use it and/or have it just to say they have it.

Why wouldnt they use the machine if the machine is needed for the service?

>Have you never changed oil?
-oil+filter more expensive than the actual walmart service
-having to transport my leftover oil to the vatzone
>having to make up an excuse to drive to that location
>having it smell like motoroil
>having to jack car up
>removing plug
>waiting

Nope nope nope just doesn't make sense to do this ritual every 3,000 miles

>oil changer type place does not pull drain plugs

When they have a machine that sucks up the oil? I know its some sort of magically wizardy

Not all vehicles have dipsticks

>I will never fall for changing this oil meme again
>I will never fall for this baiting user meme again

c

u

c

k

Then the tarp would get full of oil. I'm not buying a tarp every time how does that save money idiot?

Read up and viscosity and temperature retard

go fuck yourself

Not made up. all five of my fingers and palm on my right hand is fucked from trying to remove the oil filter. I had to go to the ER. Invoice lists the diagnosis.

Everyone skin is capable of burning. Are you retarded?

Ordering online is too risky considering theres a ton of fakes/counterfeits out there. The dealer doesn't ship. You have to go pick it up.

Oil and gasoline are CARCINOGENIC. How is that NOT bad?

Clean the tarp after use

Pulling the drain plug and letting room temp oil drain for 2 minutes is sufficient to get 90% out is what is being said

not him, so don't care

If you just touched the oil filter and noticed it was hot, wouldn't you want to create a barrier between your skin and said hotness? Gloves, rag, maybe a tool?

Order from a reputable retailer, or order directly from the manufacturer (amsoil is an example)

USED oil is carcinogenic, gasoline just fucks shit up because its basically a solvent and dosent see the skin as a barrier, shit goes right into your blood stream.

>not having vatozone discount
>not clipping coupons
>not doing full synthetic and a filter not being able to do it without making any mess whatsoever
Natural selection. Good riddance.

Seriously how the fuck are you idiots making messes after the initial change on your vehicle it's not a fucking magical plug that moves when you can't see it, and if you're jacking your car to get to it you're either a stancefag or a hamplanet, Lord knows you're not Veeky Forums otherwise you'd be smart enough to do a simple task like changing your oil

Always felt bad for modern VW drivers, all that useless plastic in the way of everything. Especially the models with hoses wrapping around the filter like vines

confirmed skelly

some look over the car quickly while its up on the lift and might be able to spot something that needs to be done, or something that looks like it might need to be fixed/changed soon

The last person to do that where I worked at got fired.

> he can't bench the car while removing oil filter with his foot
How you doin cupcake

pretty good, just throwing pocket change at some ape to do a menial task so I can just enjoy driving.

>shit goes right into your blood stream.
Word?
Gasoline was in b4 skin barrier?
Damn.

> Have 2 cars
> One is up on jack stands
> Need to change the oil in my DD
> Take it into a mechanic because I can't be fucked unjacking my project car

>tfw work in Wal Mart as a tire and lube monkey
>15/hr
>literally the easiest bullshit you've ever sat through

I've gotten so bored I've taken up one of the spaces in the work garage with my own car and given it a professional inspection, multiple times over.
>this entire thread
reminds me why I do this work.

>Letting anyone that makes $8-10/hour touch your car.

HOW DO SO MANY OF YOU RETARDS TAKE THREADS LIKE THIS SERIOUSLY??????????

THIS POST
REVEALS THAT IT'S OBVIOUS BAIT YET YOU RESPOND AS IF SOMEONE THAT IDIOTIC WOULD BE ABLE TO OPERATE A COMPUTER

FUCK

>2016
>BEING MORE EASILY TROLLED THAN /k/, /pol/, /x/ or /REDDIT/

i'm a truck mechanic, have keys/alarm codes for the shop where i work, can go there during weekends and spend all day working on my own car. why wouldn't i do my own oil change for free instead of letting some under-paid, alcoholic, ill-tempered car 'mechanic' touch my ride?

goddamn Veeky Forums is easy to ruse. Good job m8

OH SHIT AN A4!

Fuck this idea. I did this once. After a year or so when it was filled. I could not dispose of it anywhere. City wouldn't take it because if it is in a barrel it needs to be approved.

But they still did it

>doing work
>not paying other people to do it and justifying it because you googled a tutorial once and are totes able to be self reliant
ewwwww

were you even born in the 90s

nerds

>Cardboard

It was all just an intricate plot to get you baffleblazered.

This.

Changing your own oil is poorfag-tier