/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/89L1aqAC

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-Playing 3DS with various controllers now possible. gbatemp.net/threads/435788/

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Development on IOSU allegedly underway i.imgur.com/6f4Ktlh.png

>Vita
-New vita update released. It patches HENkaku.
-Homebrew available now on firmware 3.60. henkaku.xyz

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55 github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Other urls found in this thread:

rom-news.org/psv/nfo/Final_Fantasy_X_HD_Remaster_MULTi5_READNFO_EUR_PSV-TRSI
wololo.net/2016/08/07/henkaku-steps-exploit-reverse-engineered/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for kissing anime girls

I wanna violate my Vita's kernel pussy!

qMCA only goes up to 3.30 for me. Is that fine to set to?

Are all PS3 firmwares safe or do I need a specific one?
How easy/safe is it to install CFW on my PS3?
Will I still be able to access my account and download things through the store for my Vita?

With 3.55 OFW, you can install CFW with one click.
If your console has a newer firmware but used to have 3.55, you can use a hardware downgrader.
If it never had 3.55, you can't do shit.
You can use MinVerChk to check.
It's safe to install, biggest risk is a PSN ban. Take precautions like PSNpatch and you should be cool.

Woo hoo finally finished step 5 and have a fully hacked 3ds!

now what? how 2 pirate from the eshop?

install freeshop

>Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
This is kinda outdated

now you can dump all your cartridges so you can play them digitally without having to keep swapping them

this desu

rom-news.org/psv/nfo/Final_Fantasy_X_HD_Remaster_MULTi5_READNFO_EUR_PSV-TRSI

It's not.

Oh, ok. So it's everything but the eboot.

where do i get the encTitleKeys.bin files?

good idea, though i only have 2 3ds games

>I think you /can/ downgrade super slims
To what? A previous OFW? They've never had 3.55, and since all CFWs are signed as a legit 3.55, a half of slims and all super slim are physically incompatible with CFWs. You can 'hack' them using ODEs (which were much less convenient than CFW last time I checked), but you can't downgrade them to install CFW (although you can flash an OFW dumped from that very console onto itself, which isn't terribly useful).

welp, here I was hoping the eboot was decrypted.

also those install instructions are fucked... I guess they just didn't learn about the vpk before releasing this!

wololo.net/2016/08/07/henkaku-steps-exploit-reverse-engineered/

again, I wouldn't know since I got a slim back in 2012, but why can't you flash 3.55 on a console shipped with a later firmware?

worked with the PSP.

and you don't use Cobra for convenience. soldering is inconvenient. you do it because it's the only way.

Has anything been released yet? No.

Not even into rape, but this to be quite frankly honest desu.

On average how many times does the henkaku install take? I keep getting the javascript "Welcome to Henkaku" pop-up then an error, the site keeps telling me to just retry but is there anything I can do to improve chances of success?

Reboot.

>rape
she was asking for it the whole time

>why can't you flash 3.55 on a console shipped with a later firmware
Keys used for signing 3.55 were blacklisted in the hardware (metldr2?) of all PS3s coming from the factory with 3.56+ firmwares. It will simply refuse to boot (aka brick).
Think the Pandora battery and PSP-3000's mobos.

somebody test the vba-next core from the last nightly and see if it runs at full speed

Lewd.

who the slut?

Henkaku still provides userland, once someone takes the kernel exploit and turns it into something useful then it can be updated.

Rebooted and disabled Javascript. Got it in one.

Biggest risk is console ban*

shes not a slut, shes reverse image search it

This is my favorite gen.

Is it ahrdware limitations that stop the 3ds / 2ds from gettting fast internet?

Depends on how much you spent on that permabanned PSN account.
The console can be unbanned while account can not. They also can (and often do) ban both the account and the console, and sometimes even all consoles.

Yes.

ye

There's no worthwhile games though.

My favorite general, I meant /hbg/-chan daisuki

You have to pay for CID's

Oh. OHH.

She's Yoshika's slut and you know it.

Or get them from a PSP. That's not the point, the point is that you can recover from a console ban while the banned PSN account is gone forever.

What is BootNTR exactly?

huehue

Piracy confirmed for vita holy moly

so does the vita prevent you from accessing the web browser on outdated firmware versions like the 3ds does?

cause since the web browser is how henkaku is accessed that could be a problem if my battery ever dies/vita crashes

I'm going to pick up a Wii U here soon. I can use vwii homebrew to play GameCube/Wii backups through vwii and loadiine to play disk backups, right?

It doesn't.

yes

correct

Anime is for faggots

>What is BootNTR exactly?
A 3DS cfw

Thanks kind anons desu

A bullied cuckold.

Why don't people try to find entry points for later versions? It's been 5 years

Recommend me some 3DS shovelware. I want to waste my time.

what a fucking cuck

What's the difference between this CFW and the CFW you install in the guide? Is there any reason to use it?

Right what a fucking faggot

So does it actually boot if you drop all the shit into the patch dir for a different game or no? That seems to be what the install instructions are implying.

My god. Someone should kill him for being that autistic.

The entire eShop

>that pink cube

Is this for real?

I can't get final burn neo on vita to load any neogeo games.

I have a bios, what folder should it be kept in?

You can use it on top of other CFW. It allows for debugging and has some other developer tools but to the end user its only really useful for plugins and streaming

I noticed with Fire Emblem Fates DLC and Streetpass DLC, that it removes itself on occasion. I dont lose any progress or anything, I just need to reinstall it but is there a way to keep it permanent?

No, it says that's how you would play it if it had a decrypted eboot. But now we know there is a better way (vpk)

sauce? other than the never been encrypted leak of a a prerealease.

don't use the eshop baka

Have you bought anything on the eShop?

I downloaded a (i think) broken cia file Senran Kagura where at a certain part of the game, the game froze. So now I downloaded a new one from freeShop. But it doesn't have the old save file even though I backed up the save file from the options on my 3ds before i deleted it. Anyone know what the problem is?

yes it is
you have to update to use near

How do I use cheats on 3DS
Yes I'm a huge faggot

I know it's practically spoonfeeding, but with RetroArch do I just install ROMS the same way I do FTPs and launch from that app?

Don't use the official function, use a homebrew save manager like jksm next time

If you're asking if you can use ftp to copy ROMs over, then yes you can.

Aw well that sucks. I was like 3 hours in.

Oh, does booting up eshop cause my DLC to be reset?

I just boot it up on occasion to see new releases when I can't be bothered to check on PC.

Thanks.

Just to double check if i want to up my storage i can just copy everything to a new sd card and all my freeshop games and saves will remain?

For pokemon use jks save thing and pkhex

Is anyone else using the GB VC injector and getting an error whenever you click finish that says it can't access a file because it's being used by another process?

Petz Fantasy 3D or Funky Barn

NTR lets you use cheat plugins

Got it. This is so much easier than fucking around with .cia conversions and shit for 3DS, jesus.

Gonna spend all night rocking Parodius probably.

with a9lh yes

-.-- . ...

Where's last thread?

Iirc yes. Where/how did you get the dlc? I've had trouble with custom/pirated dlc being reset when using the eshop

As long as you don't still use emunand like a retard then yes you should be fine.

Enjoy desu

lost in the void

>still can't play Legend of Legaia on my Vita
This fucking sucks.

Reboot the system and do the steps in airplane mode until you open the ftp server

For the record, if you buy anything from the eShop or download a F2P game (excluding updates), it will write itself to your ticket.db. Every time now that your enter the eShop, it will check whether you own the stuff you've installed as a CIA or through CIAngel/freEshop, etc. and remove it since your ticket.db says otherwise.

In this case, you can restore your ticket.db from a previous backup (you did one before....r-right?) and continue pirating as usual.

Bottom line: NEVER buy ANYTHING from the eShop or download ANYTHING THAT IS FREE, EVEN THEMES (excluding updates) or you will have to install DLC cias every time. ALSO, I'm not sure about this one, but don't go to the DLC menus inside games like Smash or Fire Emblem, since they also write to your ticket.db

Why Morse Code

Last thread I hate that mentality, it doesn't make any sense.

Why are people scared to go to sysnand?

Can't I substitute the near app with the email app instead?

>still can`t play Samurai Warriors 2 HD on Vita
Even import is impossible as Vita version has been only distributed as a digital version in Japanese PSN.

Fire Emblem

>not using a9lhless sysnand

You can try

What mentality?

Some people are content when shit "just werks" even though there's a better solution

Luma has all the features I want.

>Being reckless and not preparing for the off-chance that your 3DS is bricked in an anomaly.
Enjoy your unrecoverable brick.