/rlg/ - Roguelike General

FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/SgMJ7Xwh

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/crawl/crawl/tree/nobookamnesia
pastebin.com/Ur1Ljwte
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for fuck mindflayers

Mind flayer? I hardly knew her!

4th for I agree with this statement

>playing dcssca
>find the same run twice

it only shows me as having 1 rune on the } screen though so I think this is a weird bug

Nth for Odyssey of the Summoner AKA ToME but not shit, what are you, bad?

Good times

I wonder if that user is still with us.

second for fuck mindflayers
except when you're a mindflayer
then fuck cockatrices

How do I get an arcane marksman going? I can't seem to hit/do damage with my ranged weapon, and my hexes all get resisted. Should I just pick up a sword and depend on Okawaru?

I'm running a spriggan warper because i'm trying races and backgrounds I never really use. Is teleport other worth learning?

>HEAM
On my TrAM win I book-amnesia'd Corona on turn one and then just played a real character.
Book amnesia while you still can, user.

Also what god choice would you recommend? I'm thinking Oka so I can have lots of ammo for my sling, but I was also thinking maybe Ash or even Sif or Dith

How long until slings are removed?

Also you should train bows and depend on Oka.
Bows are insanely strong and HE have the apts to get hueg bows early.

Usually you want to learn all your spells. Except cure poison. :^) Teleport other should be pretty solid in the early game for getting rid of dangerous baddies, but your foot evocations should be good enough.

>train bows to 8
>orc warrior takes approximately 0 damage before getting into melee range
>no point casting slow because it'll just be resisted

>train bows to 12 because you didn't waste XP on hexes
>orc warrior takes 1/2 hp before getting into melee range
>finish it off with more arrows in melee
>can't cast slow even if you wanted to because you used your book to forgot corona on turn 0

You'd want to keep the book- oh, holy shit. I thought AM had PProjectile or something. What the fuck?

>book amnesia
R E M O V E D
E
M
O
V
E
D

I ask myself the same thing every day.

github.com/crawl/crawl/tree/nobookamnesia
Hasn't been merged yet.
Forget your spells thematically user! Do it while you still can!

Stop being so toxic, Unanimous. You're going to scare away all the gullible goys newfriends who just want to have some quick casual fun playing Somethingawful's Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.

>thematically
What is this "theming" you speak of? It sounds like bloat.

I play DCSS regularly, and trying to play CDDA on default settings makes me feel like a retard. How am I supposed to deal with the 90+ enemies in every loot bearing area?

>not equipping 4 items that boost intelligence and 4 that boost wizardry
It's like you faggots don't want to be real wizards.

You drag them away from the horde at night and kill them 2 or 3 at a time using obstacles until you can get to the loot.

CALTROPS

Why can I only wear 1 ring per limb anyways? Apparently you only need one finger because of the Macabre Finger Necklace but I can only have 1 per limb?

Approach houses from behind, through a field. Avoid the roads.
Go looting at night when zombies can't detect you from a block away.
Lure zombies into windowsills and over bushes. Movement over difficult terrain takes much longer, so you can get a bunch of free hits in.
Set shit on fire. You can light a bush on fire, lure a zombie on top of it, and fight it while it burns to death. Alternatively, you can burn houses down on top of major threats and groups of enemies.
(G)rab a shopping cart. Not only can it carry much more than you, but it counts as difficult terrain. Bring it with you everywhere, and position it so attackers will climb over it to reach you.
Losing is fun.

I literally can't even craft anything because I never manage to loot something before I get electrocuted, boomer bombed, grabbed, webbed, poisoned, infected, starved, swiss cheesed or whatever.

What the fuck should I even be looking to do first?

Acquire the best weapon you can.
That is, a polearm.

DDA does polearms right.

Even better if you can acquire some niggers, give them polearms and form a wall of spears.

Smash some of the lockers, windows, and benches in the shelter, and grab a rock. You've now got metal, cloth, glass, wood, and a hammer.

Spear is a stupid weapon for stupid oafs.

Spear has killed more humans than any other melee weapon.

It is also the second best melee weapon, right after the halberd.

>Spear has killed more humans than any other melee weapon.

wrong, artillery killed more

A GEP gun is a bad choice for close range combat.

>not clobbering your enemies with a 120mm howtizer

The GEP gun takedown is the most silent way to eliminate Manderley

I wish incursion was still maintained

More players have died to hobgoblins than to SIgmund, but Sigmund is a stronger foe than a hobgoblin.

in circus animals, curses have multiple levels and mummy death curses can increase the curse level of already-cursed items

before I did tomb this cloak had rC+ rN+ int+3, but after about 1000 points of cursing it lost its bonuses

for reference a scroll of remove curse removes 100 points of cursing

Yeah, halberd is the best melee weapon, even better than the spear.

circus animals seems to be a cursed fork

wtf i hate poschengband now

Just wait until there are enemies with the same glyph as the floor tiles who confuse you with ranged attacks.

>yet another MiGl of Gozag win
Maybe I should start playing something else.

>killed by clear worm mass on dungeon level 3
just fuck my shit up

The pasta advises scrolls of teleportation, my meme-loving friend.
Perhaps check it out when you're done browsing /s4s/ and twitter.

Try something a little less diesel. Or atleast something that is diesel in a way that isn't "I'M A ONE COW TURBOTAB APOCALYPSE."

i have read the pasta but i wasted all my shekels on useless shit like armor by accident and i never tought that level 3 stronghold would be that dangerous :^(

Does anybody know how to work the scaling of weapon in bit dungeon 2?
Great game, useless wiki and low update from kintogames.

Well now you know, my dear.

MiAs of dithmenos?

Damn, son. Cleared almost every branch except for slime, the hells, pan, abyss and Zot and still no Shatter on any book. I need it to clear V:5. Itonically, it might be there.

Anyway, I've found my first adq scroll in Depths:5, and I was wondering: if I have Earth Magic to 27, and I ask for a book, does the book has a decent chance to contain Shatter? Even Iron Shot would make me happy, really.

well if (books containing shatter) / (all books) x 100% = decent chance then yes there is a decent chance

>loot electronics store
>leave with 3800 batteries and three vibrators
A good haul.

>Even better if you can acquire some niggers, give them polearms and form a wall of spears

I'm pretty sure that would be a bad idea. They would end up chucking them.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit. I thought book adquirement would be inclined to gift me something from the spell school I'm better with.
What a shame.

If you destroy the book you learned something from, the knowledge of that thing disappears from your mind, just like real life.

Really? I've never tried that. I've just always have had knowledge of waterspout in my head but living mostly in florida you can see why i'd want to forget that for lightning storm.

But apparently not enough to maintain it yourself. Funny how that works.

The book serves as a focus through which you channel your magical essence, and in destroying that focus, you are able to destroy some of its connections to you.

This is symbo-physitronics 101.

Ok, but how do I heal myself after kiting an entire colony of giant ants with my pointed stick?

Use bandages/first aid or sleep. If you're not tired, read or craft until you are.

Shoulda taken Fast Healer, lad.

D-dad?

>(mon hp-717)

>37

>hp: 93%
Don't feel like you have to dive into dangerous situations now, speedrunner.

it's not my fault he died before he could cast a spell

i think the majority of the damage I took in geh was from chain lightning tbqh

(circusanimal halflings are ridiculous)

Your logic is retarded my nigga. Many people don't have the drive, ambition, or expertise to be able to properly develop a videogame. Not to mention that bug fixing and optimizing someone else's shit code is like shoving a knife up your own urethra. Maybe he just wants someone more capable to maintain it, knowing he wouldn't be able to do it himself.

So acquiring a book will get me a manual if i'm MiBe?

Yeah. If I'm following the logic of acquire.cc correctly, you will get a manual 100% of the time if you a. have 0 magic skills, or b. worship trog.

Another fun fact: if an acquirement somehow fails to finish properly, you get the rare message "The demon of the infinite void smiles upon you."

Get a little melee, fighting and evasion to use with branded weapons to conserve arrows. Don't care too much about attack delay just actually hit shit. Get bows 27 and more evasion. Use shit like corona, swiftness, blink, leda's liquefaction, portal projectile, summon mana vipers, gell's gravitas, cause fear, tukima's dance, confusion, mass confusion, metabolic englaciation, invisibility, silence and discord to fuck up monsters with weaker MR or slow stronger ones so you can shoot them up. Even into extended a lot of shit has ~50% success rate which isn't shit if you take dith for double casts. Be warned that your longbow is essentially a ranged double sword damage wise so be aware of High AC targets if you didn't get an assload of slaying

Losing enslavement sucked.

Never cause they're better than non-large rock throwing for shield users?

Thinking Warper's book of spatial tloc?

>Do an infected start for muh points
>In town
>Get a 2x4
>Beat up some locals
>Smoker comes by
>instant lol-25 speed or you're giving it free hits while you try to break the grab
>Every hit you're spilling stats and pain speed loss like spaghetti from a nerd's pockets
>More shit comes
>Every one is another -25 speed
>Die
Game's stupid now senpai. Having to use a bunch of borderline exploit shit cause zombies are now whirlpools is stupid.

so you're saying if I charge a sigil I can find the book I need?

>Taking fast healer
>When you make tens of thousands of bandages in the midgame
>Or just go work some charcoal, preserve food, repair and reinforce clothing, clean water, scavenge metal plastic, batteries alternators solar panels storage batteries, strings ropes and wood, tinker on the hobomobile, dig pits, build walls, and read
No thanks.

>40% HP
>but it's damn useless against burst damage.

You don't know what you're talking about. Get good.

>buy dungeon of the endless
>it's garbage
roguelites were a mistake, lads

better than roguelikes I suppose

All the Endless games are terrible. They obviously use the same engine for all of them, lazy as fuck.

send help. what to buy + other things im doing bad

pastebin.com/Ur1Ljwte

(no internet except 1 building w/ wifi so forgive my not being online for crawl)

now i see why auto explore can be dangerous.

>filename
>item name
That is the rod of reload from last save, user. Use it well.

>american flag wallpaper

Going down levels (especially deeper down) removes more "curse points" than scrolls of remove curse tend to. I think gaining EXP does it too. You could also just play Mummy, and be immune to curses.

>you are prevented from receiving too much damage

Anyone else autistic like me? Like for example, when I play a halfling, I don't start eating flesh immediately, because I feel like that'd be a move of desperation. I wait until I feel my characters been hardened. And a bunch of little autistic shit like that.

>rElec
>rC++(+)
>avoid the tornado of a speed 10 dude
>use natural anti-magic to make him do all of no damage
I'm going to go ahead and say that I don't find that particularly impressive.

Why'd you complain about that if you haven't worshiped Vehumet? You'll 100% always be getting either Shatter or LCS and you can actually get both of those if you manage to found either by memorizing one.

You can also crash the game by casting animate dead or pressing shift-direction while aiming a bolt spell.

No sorry.