>raining
>ran off road by van
>spun out on curb
>forced into yard
>cracked oil pan and bent rear control arm
>van doesn't stay
>no plate number
>I'm fucked because my insurance was only liability

What should I do, guys? New car? What am I looking at price wise if I repair it?

>Maryland plates
>wrecked car

Not surprised, repairing the car is going to be cheaper than getting a new one

Chances are the van probably goes on that same route on a daily basis. They may be scared for a few days, but they will drive down there again. When they do, you should be waiting for them.

>>ran off road by van

Kek a fucking minivan cucked you off the road how does that even happen?

Two wa road. No divider. I'm assuming the person was not paying attention because she was way out of her lane. Rubbed my car, it jumped the curb, and that's how my card did that.

in the US the bigger the car the more willing a bad driver is to throw out their minuscule driving knowledge and other driver's safety

those look like NY plates bucko

faggt.

Op here. It's Maryland.

>spinning out
You're on a public road dumbass. You shouldn't be driving past your limits. You deserve to get fucked.

The van spun me out you fuck

Those are MD "preserve our farms" plates or something like that.

>rubbed

>spun me

Make up your mind.

Did you contact the police yet?

Call the police.

Sorry don't know how to explain it. It was similar to a pit manuvver

Did this. Both insurance and police told me that I'm sol without any witnesses.

Fix it and move on. Not sure on price but likely cheaper than a new car - price compare anyways

Should of kept on track and let the dumbass hit you, then you would of gotten your insurance since their car would be fucked too.

Damn that sucks dude. It makes me want to invest in a dash cam.

VAG HANDLING, HAHAHHAHA

>raining
>too fast for conditions
>lose control
>no evidence of contact with another vehicle
I wouldn't have believed you either. But you can change my mind by posting a picture of the rubbed area.

This.For a car that got "rubbed" by an oncoming car it sure doesn't show it.

OP sperged out because he doesn't know how wide his car is and ran off the road

Get a dashcam. It would run you about 100 bucks.

Exactly my thoughts

>getting ran off the road by a soccer mom in a van
>all of my kek

>getting run off the road
If they try to run you off the road shoot them.

Your life is in danger you can protect yourself lad!

got mine for $60, I can read license plates coming at me on the interstate when I am doing 85ish and they are doing the same... although if I was to buy one again I would get a 2 channel front and rear style, but they cost much more

Same here. Accept the 60 part. And the going 85. My truck has an inline 4 that makes 110 hp on a RWD layout. I got it up to 80 mph. Its the biggest reason why I want to sell it and get a v8 boat car.

Merika

Should have bought a good luck club sticker instead.

>van doesn't stay

If you know the model of the van, then you should check with dealers and ask a few of them if any came in with damage. The same with your insurance agent if that van was insured with the same company, then they may submit an insurance claim soon that someone hit and ran her van.

You reported to the police, so you have a contact officer I assume who promptly filed it away into unsolved land. But at least you can ask that officer for more details as to how much evidence you can find later on that will get him to be interested. If you find a suspect, you can report the plate to him and he can then investigate if that person turned in claims and of course he doesn't tell you due to privacy and you tell him you understand. But at least you would like to work on it as much as possible and get help from him in the future for things you cannot do, and maybe the case will be finally solved with both of you combining efforts.

Hit and run sucks. Especially moving hit and run. 100% of the accidents that happened to me are hit and run except the one where their car was too damaged to run. I've never hit anyone else so my record is clean. Yeah, I'm a boring driver and sometimes I go too slow since I stay at the speed limit.

The problem in america is that hit and run is almost always beneficial because the reward vs penalty difference is too large. The only way to stop hit and run is to have a mandatory death penalty for all those involved, all their entire clan line, all their businesses, and all their friends with all their families put to death as a minimum. All assets confiscated. Then the so-called friends will not be friends with people who are hit and run types and that puts behavioural pressure on those who want friends. Friends will not support hit and run types. And vice versa. Evolution will thus wean out the hit and runners. Right now, evolution favors creating more hit and run, so it's no wonder that is the norm.

>cracked oil pan on a stock height VW
This must be the first time this has ever happened

OP my grandmother's shitty driveway ate my oil pan in my mk4 gti, get the ecs hybrid one I did that myself in my backyard. Control arm shouldn't be too hard either doing it yourself.

OP better write down on paper as much as he knows before time causes changes to memory.

Have you EVER seen that van before on that road with a similar driver? If so, then that is a route. If not, it could be a one time traveler.

Can you guestimate if that was a local or not? No stickers on window, other markings for a school soccer mom?

Your area has XX car insurance companies. She is going to file a claim? Maybe not? Or maybe you should check with all the local collision body repair companies for a van soon?

It's hard getting eyes on the road. If you offered $100 cash to the cab driver (call the cab company) if they report on the van with the same damage, that could work. There are lots of cab drivers with eyes out there and they go thru many neighborhoods. The police are not going to search for you because you are not the son of Mr. Important Man. So you have to find other ways to extend your search ability.

Have it towed to your house

>Order new oil pan
>Order new rear control arm, potentially used

>Wait

>Install new oil pan
>Install new control arm

Insurance doesn't have to even be involved.

>Congratulations, you are a man again.

D A S H C A M
A
S
H

C
A
M

>>I'm fucked because my insurance was only liability

I don't know about sympathy or not. I get full coverage because I'm lucky enough to afford it and assume that I might one day injure someone else who has no accident. The other thing is that the culprit may shove my car into innocent bystanders and the culprit has no insurance. So those people do not sue the poor person causing of the accident but instead sue me since I look like I have money. I've read some really silly bits where people simply look around for anyone to sue and even sue passengers in order to try to get money because the culprit had zero insurance. Because of that expectation, I have a large amount of "underinsured" coverage.

>Insurance doesn't have to even be involved.

He told the police and insurance, so now they will mark an accident on his record? And increase the insurance rate even though they didn't pay out?

Have your friends and acquaintances keep an eye out for that van. The more eyes looking the better.

liability is specifically for when you harm others and are found at fault. Everything else is just about protecting your own stuff.

hurr and durr I am too crappy at driving to control my car.

kill yourself faggot. it's too bad the van didn't take care of you for the rest of us.