Do you think a Toyota 86 (RC) could be imported to the US under the "substantially similar" clause...

Do you think a Toyota 86 (RC) could be imported to the US under the "substantially similar" clause? It's not too different from the BRZ/FRS right?

Other urls found in this thread:

toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/86/
youtube.com/watch?v=oBPq7D28xGg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yep

What's the fucking point?

My only guess is Uber base model to strip

Aren't the BRZ and the RC literally the same shit but the paint?

soundproofing and other shit too.
basically everything that adds cost but not speed is gone.
and used ones are cheap in nipland

So I can feel extremely special with right hand drive.

The car is slower than a fully loaded Civic Si.

>importing a car that maxes out at 140mph

They're going to be called the 86 in the US in like two months anyway

Actually it's going to be "Toyota FRS"

should have been the celica from day one tbqh

Does Toyota state that it is as safe as the USDM model? Therein lies your answer

>everything that adds cost but not speed is gone
>replace the light alloys with heavy steelies

nope
toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/86/

It doesn't even have a fucking LSD

No.

>actually wanting to pay more for the 86GT's shitty alloys

Well if you're replacing them anyway, might as well ship it with cheap wheels

You can, but "The vehicle doesn't come with a limited-slip rear differential". That'd be a MASSIVE deal breaker for me.

Is that why it ships with a shit engine too?

More like
>importing a car with 134whp

will be difficult, as you'd need to use all the us-spec parts for safety regulations and then get it approved by the nhtsa by proving it would perform similarly to the us-spec car with either a letter from the manufacturer or crash test data.

it's not too bad, reliable, willing to be thrashed and good on fuel

Nah

Why don't they kill this whole line and Bring back the Celica

It basically is but they named it wrong.
Too obsessed with hachi roku memes.

Because weebs are still scrapping up money to finance them.

They're smaller than the stock alloy's and supposedly lighter. Steelies are pretty thin and don't weigh thaaat much. Most shitty alloy aftermarket wheels probably weigh more than a steelie and are probably as flexy. That's why good quality alloy wheels cost A LOT.

90% of the toyobrus I see have aftermarket wheels anyways so stock steelies would make sense.

It's optional

>BRZ
>RC
>Even in the same league
You should be fucking ashamed of yourself.

The RC is the super-stripper model. I'm not sure why OP wants it, but it's not for the name.

Wait, I thought you somehow were comparing it to a Lexus RC. Blows the fucking BRZ out of the water.

The only thing this has in common with the Celica is that it can come with a factory rice aero kit.

It really is though. HFP suspension kit can be bought for $700.
youtube.com/watch?v=oBPq7D28xGg
>too long didn't watch
The Si is faster around a track.

The RC is based on a street legal model, but is marketed wholly to race teams. Why put in a LSD that will just be replaced? It's the same reason it ships with steelies. It's not intended for the consumer market.

Wouldn't it cost roughly the same as a used US spec one after taxes and shipping costs? What's the point other than muh JDM special snowflake?