Tesla Model E/3/三-san

Be honest, who here put down $1000 for one?

Nobody, because we're not idiots.

Have any valid reasons why?

who the fuck on this board has a spare thousand dollars to drop on four wheel memeware when half of our regular posters can hardly afford bus passes

Gasoline is still superior.

>pay to drive places
>versus
>free to drive anywhere
>superior
lol okay... BTW can a $35 gas powered car go 0-60 in less than 6 seconds?

Global Warming > Saving the planet

0/10 b8. But being 4chinz people will respond seriously

(you)

Electricity isn't free unless you're stealing it but then you can steal gasoline too.

Yes, there are tons actually. Fucking 0-60 in 6 seconds is not that impressive I know a few minivans that are barely slower than that.

With solar cells it is. Or do you mean Wall St. managed to fucking sell sunlight to us?

I don't have to buy a solar power solution with my combustion car.

So you're just lazy?

Just buy a Saleem Tesla

>wake up
>unplug car
>don't have to stop at some dingy gas station to wait in line to pay some idiot $40 to fill up my ride
>go to work
>get awesome performance that of a supercar
>autopilot means the car will drive me anywhere I want to go and I don't have to stress with driving myself
>come home
>plug in for my free fuel or $1.50 daily fuel cost
>on the weekend I can drive anywhere in the nation with cleverly placed refueling stations
Keep living in the 1900th century though.

U didnt mension the 120k you payed for the car to drive 3 hours then wait 1 hour to drive 3 hours

It actually only takes 45 minutes to charge for a 200 mile trip. So you're ignorant on that one part. Another thing is you don't need to fucking charge for the full duration if you aren't driving for the full 200 miles.

>get performance of a supercar
"No. "

i was honestly planning to before the reveal but eh, it's ok

once they're more available and the inevitable quality production issues are sorted out (model year 2019 or 2020 i'll probably get one

Am I the only one that thinks it's a pig far car because of the small nose? That's the only thing I dislike about it at the point. I can live with a big car, but the nose is too small and makes the entire car disgusting.

I refuse to buy a car without a test drive first. I've tried too many boring cars to risk that much money on a boring car. Also, a $1k deposit for at least another 20 years is not a sound investment.

user u win.
Fucking gasshits clogging up our road ways and our lungs. Not to mention the unbareable heat. If you arent planning to buy an electric powered or at least hybrid car by 2020 then the world will literally be better off without you. I do mean "literally"

>Dead battery
>Need to charge your car overnight
>Some troll decides to unplug your car
>Next day you can't do your daily commute because of some troll
Yes, you can siphon gas, but most trolls won't be running around with the tools to siphon gas

Before I get blown up for "hating" Tesla (why do I even care on Veeky Forums, everyone will agree). We just need more options that aren't ugly. I think most new cars are ugly, but that's beside the point. I have a general look that I love and it's so uncommon that I don't even bother to look for new cars since there's only 1-2 that fits my criteria and is affordable.

35k without a test drive is a no go for me

Love the car though, am definitely going to check out when they're available to test.

I did.

I have a LEAF at the moment. Tesla needs to get their production ramped up. My LEAF lease expires a year or so before projected delivery. I don't want to have to lease another car for more than two years.

How can you allow manufacturers to get away with such ugly designs? At least force them to make a nice looking car before buying into their products. Why can't they make decent looking cars like Tesla? Shouldn't be too hard...

> Not wanting convenience
Good luck driving across the country when you have to stop for power in every state.

> Supercharging your battery
It's like you see the car as a wear item.

Be honest, who here is down?

FTFY

I can't afford one but it's my next, i hope my 2003 150k Toyota Camry can last me until i get one.

I'm thinking about getting one of these, found one for $22k near me, ~5900 miles, 2014 model.

What do you guys think? I'd be trading in a 2013 Scion TC (auto), checking my insurance rate for the Benz, hopefully it isn't too much more expensive.

Basically I just need a nice commuter, this thing seems pretty practical and comfier than what I have now and should be cheaper to maintain and fuel.

Not me, already have an S

ICE till I die. Nothing will match the glorious roar of a V8.

>plug in for my free fuel or $1.50 daily fuel cost

Thinks the price of electricity will stay the same as it is today when demand and cost of generating will go up.

And yet it will always be cheaper than gas because we have amazing things like solar, wind, and nuclear energy.

eugh, they look so shitty though, like a mini minivan

The majority of power grids can't even handle the loads they got now. Have fun with brownouts once a million "supercharger" stations pop up. I bet you live in a place with no natural resources.

>fast forward 5 years
>car can only go 100 miles in one charge
Nope

I already have a Nissan Leaf and a solar setup that produces 75%-ish of power that my car uses.

Once I get a Powerwall and put in new windows in my house I can hopefully get that number up a little higher.

I won't have to worry about "brownouts" like you plebs

I don't really give a shit desu though

If the interior is nice and the driving experience is pleasant enough for commuting (the active radar thing sounds like a godsend) then I'm going to pick it up.

Here's what the one I'm looking at looks like.

One of these days I'm going to buy a salvage Tesla and do an LS swap.

Trips to the gas station will be hilarious. I will explain to anyone who asks that all Teslas are secretly gas powered.

Why the fuck would you want something that rides like a fucking civic but comes with the repair costs of a Mercedes? Stop being a stupid brand whore.

>spending $20 000+ to save $2000 of gas a year...

You've done more environmental damage than some little shitbox will ever do while wasting money, congrats.

>solar cells are free
>solar cells don't need replacing
k-e-k

>>autopilot means the car will drive me anywhere I want to go and I don't have to stress with driving myself

If you don't like driving, why are you on a drivers enthusiast forum?

Electric cars are a meme

TFW NO CAR POWERED BY COLD FUSION THAT CAN BREAK THE SOUND BARRIER

Btw, base model mustang GT is 32k starting. And it's not gay, and you don't have to hope you run into a charger along the way. Also keep in mind supercharging a lithium ion battery causes wear. And who wants to sit for 45 fucking minutes waiting for that shit to charge.

And if you drive the car too hard it literally goes into limp mode with a 45 mph top speed, due to overheating. Mustang GT don't overheat unless you fucked something up.

It's electric, what am I repairing?

fuck the environment

>waiting for tesla shit
>sucking musk's dick as he makes false promises

>It's electric, what am I repairing?
>what are motors, fucked battery from speed charging, suspension, tires, and chinese interior

Teslas fall apart everywhere. Why do you think they had to extend their warranty?

I wouldn't be speed charging. Tires are obvious and unavoidable but I can get those on my own, and the interior is not Chinese, it's a fucking Benz.

>Tesla quality != Benz quality

It sounds like you guys are just butthurt that I can afford such a vehicle.

Don't forget, every taxpayer involuntarily has to help pay for your Tesla purchase! Because screw everyone! Yay!

>It's electric, what am I repairing?

So electric cars levitate magically? They don't have tires, brakes, suspension, transmissions, electronics or batteries that need to be replaced?. Wew that's some futuristic shit right there.

Don't give me that zero maintenance shit. If you fuck something up or something not under warranty (which is likely every part like most manufactures) goes you're responsible for the repair costs. If you hit a curb in your Tesla and damage a suspension component uncle Elon won't come down to fix it for you, blow you, and tuck you into bed, it's coming out of your pocket.

you americucks may aswell since your tax dollars are funding it

Gas drivetrains are stupid reliable now. Just because yours is electric doesn't make your car more reliable. You just don't need oil changes. Still need grease though.

Well obviously I have to deal with tires and brakes. What I don't have to deal with makes up for what I do have to deal with.

>no transmission fucking up
>no oil changes
>no gas related problems (fuel injection, fuel tank, etc.)

The battery will be fine for years and years, this model doesn't have fast charging and I don't plan on using it for anything more than to/from work.

Either way I will probably pick the $9000 Focus Electric I'm also looking at, it has 45k miles on it though so I'm hoping Ford doesn't have shit batteries.

Tesla is raping the automotive industry and Veeky Forums is completely cucked by them.

I hope many of you will kill themselves when there will be no gas car being made anymore.

but the LEAF is so god damn cheap to lease and operate.

Me and my dad were thinking about splitting the cost on one but I hate the interior and the exterior looks like a Panamera knock off to me. Also I do a Los Angeles to San Francisco driving trip twice monthly so the range thing is prohibitive. Probably jumping for an E-Class hybrid instead, 20% more but a far more usable car with a far better interior.

There've been many cases where the doors on the Tesla won't open and you have to call a technician since nothing is user servicable.

you can't drive 350 miles straight without any stop so the range LA san francisco cannot be a problem, you will have to stop ANYWAY and in 20 minutes you have enough to finish the trip.
>panamera knock off
>at 35k
yes fucking please

>you can't drive 350 miles straight without any stop so the range LA san francisco cannot be a problem, you will have to stop ANYWAY

That's not true at all. We've done that in an E250 diesel a few times already. Almost got the whole way in a rented Dart too, but going through Tejon blew a lot of the gas on uphill driving. A lot of I4, diesel and hybrid cars can do that.

The B-class doesn't have those weird handles, neither does the Focus Electric that I'm looking at.

will be perfect in europe as the distances between two things are less massive than in america

yes fucking PLEASE

Tesla factory in europe soon

Who wants to sit around and wait for their car to charge?

for free

They've already built a plant in the Netherlands. They're probably going to be building a plant in China and another in Northern Europe next year, then a second site in Asia and a plant in Mexico in the following years.

>5000 pounds

Yeah no

Hybrids have smaller fuel tanks because they use it to place the batteries there, so an hybrid cannot drive 350-370 miles (LA-SF distance) without refuel.
BTFO

also it's actually recommended to take pauses every 2 hours of driving.

Yeah, and usually they can fix it remotely. If not they will send a technician or even a flatbed with a loaner car.

why are you on an anime imageboard

Jesus christ you're stupid.

Toyota Prius Plug-in hybrid range: 540 mi
Mercedes-Benz E250 Bluetec diesel range: 693 mi
Dodge Dart Aero range : 541 mi
Ford Fusion Hybrid range: 567 mi

Are you an idiot?

Maybe later when they're sub 1400kgs, 350hp+ and have advanced 1, maybe 2 battery tech-generations.

Also, I think they should've made the front more like pic related.

Has only one gear. Whats the point in driving it.

Also I love how they claim no emissions to trick green reddit fags but never mention the coal plants burning fossil to power it.

>He doesn't understand how torque works

Don't worry, the 1mz will outlast you

You gonna find a way to add a fuel tank and a fuel door? Better be handy at body and fabrication work

Not to mention all of the drilling and shit to get all of that precious lithium for the batteries.

>1900th century

yeah i better get back to the 189900s, if i stay in the past for more than a few weeks, i'll be permanently cut off from the time-warp-linkage and remain in this time where dumbasses think current electric vehicle tech/service is more convenient

D: o:

Kek galaxy resources

Pretty decent cars actually. Got to ride one a few days ago. They're not an S-Class or anything but if you just have a urban commute they're much comfier than most others in the class. They handle pretty good despite being somewhat isolated.

I'll give them a few years before I buy an EV. This is close to viable, for me. Price is right, range nearly there. Just need to get the charging time, and I'd be in the market for one when my current car's through.

wow thank god you're not a car designer

idk maybe because you shouldn't treat a car like an iphone. especially when it's bound to have many issues because it's the first of its kind

just look at how the model x turned out