Need Advice on new car

Hey Veeky Forums,

I currently drive an Automatic Hyundai Accent 2013 sedan L (Without A/C and electric group) . I bought it because it was relativly cheap and just got out of college. Honestly it's a good daily driver...And i love small cars . But now that i got a decent carreer , i'm looking for something a bit more sporty, with more options and not TOO expensive.

I was thinking about grabbing a Ford Fiesta ST 2015 , the dealers doing me a 5k discount on it since it's last year model. What Veeky Forums think about this? Should i go ahead or you guise have other car suggestion?

Oh and one last thing, is it a good first MANUAL car to start with? I know the theory on how to drive manual but still haven't owned one.

(Also Canadian Fag here so price are a bit higher than yours)

>he wants to get FiST'd

Yeah i'm already planning on calling it my ''ford fista'' if i buy it : P

What options does it have to get that kind of discount? You can get some nice shit in a Fiesta for cheap. If you're getting the ST, make sure it's loaded since they are actually VERY rare. I see lots of FoST's but rarely any FiST's

The clutch is light and the transmission is smooth, it's very easy to drive. Shifter placement is kind of weird though.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think the 2015 comes with sync 3, if that matters. I have a 2016 and it's pretty good, but I hear the older versions of sync are just ass

but as someone in a similar situation with it being my first manual (bought a 2016 about a month ago, pic related), I would say it's been a good car to learn on

Mazdaspeed 3 is better.

Full equip and they are giving me 5.740k for my Accent (i still have 8k to pay on it). And yeah i'm aiming for the ST a few detailers in my town have some from last year.

Hmmm i kinda have a lil' adversion to Mazda since most of them tend to rust super fast in Canada, due to the harsh winter.

Definitely a valid concern. I can't find anything on Gen 3 MS3s rusting, while gen 1s are known for it. My '12 MS3 only has 26k miles and it doesn't have any rust, even with the northern virginia winter/salt; though I'm sure it's worse in your area.

Gen 2*

kek. I can dream of a 3rd Gen MS3...

Fully loaded FiST is nice, the heated seats and interior lights definitely make it feel cozy.

Never roll negative equity.

Just get a MiATA

Man's
Anus
is
So
Tight

Totally depends on your APR. He can always match the negative equity with a big downpayment like I did. I paid off my negative equity with a gigantic down payment.

2015 for 5k less is a fucking amazing deal

i got a 2016 base model, sync 3 is decent but honestly i literally just turn it to a station i like and never touch it again
i like that it reads out text messages, but sync 2 does that too im sure

>bought shitbox 2-3 years ago that should've cost 14k
>still owes 8k
You dun goofed. Pay your car off and save for the next one, then get the car you want. Negative equity is terrible. Were you a dumbass that put nothing down?

MAIST?

ya killed it senpai.

Myeah that was my plan, i will probably give a downpayment of 1k and only have 1k of payment equity, which isn't THAT bad...

>get a MiATA

only manlets buy miatas, fuck that.

Actually with both canadian taxes and hidden fees the shitbox did cost me way more than 14k.
Also canadian dollars

what's the sale price of the fiesta?

Fiesta ST screams high school manchild no matter how you slice it. It is certainly not a college graduates' car. But, it's your money, drive what you want.

Similar situation as yours OP, I just leased pic related. Probably going to buy at end of lease. Absolutely love the car so far.

It's a great car, you live in Canada so this goes without saying but just make sure you can put snow tires on it come September or whatever and it should be a great car for you.

I'm in my thirties, graduated college almost 10 years ago, and bought a 2015 Fiesta ST as my daily driver and track car. Your argument is invalid.

I'm happy with it and it keeps my '67 rustang happy in the garage until weekends.

Yeah kinda our situation, my boyfriend own a 2010 camaro SS. We use his car most weekend instead of mine already . Plus i've never been that much of a gearhead i'm just starting to get interested in car. I used to be more of a /k/ guy.

a new ones sets you at 29k canadian + hiddens fee (around 31k)

The one he's selling me is 24k + all the little fees and taxes i end up paying 27k.

I looked for a 2014 used one with 30 000km on it. The guy is selling it 19k + taxes and etc i would end up being 24k . Altought he's giving me way less for my hyundai so eh.