Squeaks, brakes

>have to jam on the brakes to stop in a timely manner
>open my window
>my car is squeaking like hell when I turn.
50k miles on it, 2012 civic.

How much is this going to cost me to repair, b/o/ys? How serious are these two problems? The brake problem has been going on for a long time, years probably. The squeaking is new.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.tirerack.com/tires/TireDetailsServlet?gclid=Cj0KEQjwjoC6BRDXuvnw4Ym2y8MBEiQACA-jWRkcYOjxd6SXG-LyV59d5UdMIubcMttofC6-IJGlGEMaAh3P8P8HAQ&partnum=765TR4AMRT43&ef_id=Vx-CawAAAV6DLkgF:20160522001642:s&KEYWORD=tires.jsp_General_AltiMAX_RT43_(T-Speed_Rated)_Tire&ci_src=17588969&tireModel=AltiMAX RT43 (T-Speed Rated)&ci_sku=765TR4AMRT43&ci_sku=765TR4AMRT43&src=17540115&code=yes&tireMake=General&GCID=C13674x012-tire&
hondaproblems.com/tsbs/Civic/2012/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dunno but I suggest you whip your dick out and wave it around like a helicopter.

Switch to a rwd. Problems solved.

my powerlevel doesnt go up that far

Umm. Get new brakes
And my trucks front wheels squeaks sometimes when I turn. Its a Rwd. I think its the brakes. I prolly wont get it checked out anytime soon. i'm gonna sell it.

If your civic squeals while turning, check for any tsbs first to make sure it isn't a defect.

the dude at the repair hut wants me to get all new tires as well. Will that help with the braking / steering ? How much $ am I going to burn here?

Buy new brakes and tires you cheap fuck

I have so little money my dude. I work 40 hrs a week at minimum wage in general labor, my life is hell

Buy these senpai

m.tirerack.com/tires/TireDetailsServlet?gclid=Cj0KEQjwjoC6BRDXuvnw4Ym2y8MBEiQACA-jWRkcYOjxd6SXG-LyV59d5UdMIubcMttofC6-IJGlGEMaAh3P8P8HAQ&partnum=765TR4AMRT43&ef_id=Vx-CawAAAV6DLkgF:20160522001642:s&KEYWORD=tires.jsp_General_AltiMAX_RT43_(T-Speed_Rated)_Tire&ci_src=17588969&tireModel=AltiMAX RT43 (T-Speed Rated)&ci_sku=765TR4AMRT43&ci_sku=765TR4AMRT43&src=17540115&code=yes&tireMake=General&GCID=C13674x012-tire&

I have two in front wheels and they are definitely an upgrade over my previous tires, they do rip well because i hit the brakes hard in rainy conditions and they don't slip. This should be good the general use (not on the track)

Also why the fuck did yyo buy a civic and not a Camry so you don't have to deal with this shit .
Also change your own breaks and remember to flush your brake fluid. Use YouTube ChrisFix to help you if you don't know shit about repairing your car.

When was the last time you had your pads replaced? The squeaking could be from a faulty chatter/retainer spring or a wear indicator on the pad it's self. As for when you're turning, I would assume it's your balljoints, doesn't sound like a bearing issue if it only happens when you turn.

You can buy brakes and change the m yourself easily. As for tires, replacing all 4 will cost a good amount of money.

>civic
Well son you bought yourself a CIVIC MEME CAR.

What's the next step of your master plan?

New tires will run about 400 bucks. IDK if that includes labor. Look up the penny trick to see how much tread you have left. If you have good tread left hes probably just trying to get more money off you.

I recently had to get a new alternator put in on my truck cause it decided to go out on me. I BOUGHT the alternator myself and had the mechanics put it in because it was too hard for me to do. The way the alternator in my truck is put in is stupid. It buried under all my intake and AC stuff. I had to pay about 68 dollars labor.

I bought it used, ive never replaced them in 3-4 years

If you cant afford to fix it, why'd you by it?

Buy brakes, around $100. So you can stop better.
Buy tires, about $300. So that when you stop, you don't slide.

Its not hard, learn to own a car.

Tsbs?

Damn dude, you def need new pads and probably new rotors. Do you have front disc brakes or all four disc brakes? Brake pads have this needle mechanism that makes a squeal or a scratching noise when you've worn down all the friction material, and considering that it's probably been longer than four years since they've been replaced I'm betting that's what the issue is.

I don't know. It passed inspection 7 months ago is all I can say.

hondaproblems.com/tsbs/Civic/2012/

Sometimes issues like these are under warranty and can be repaired for free at the dealer.

Yea and my integra passed with warped rotors and only running on two cylinders. Just change your brakes and rotors it takes an hour at the most

I've never taken it to the dealer, I bought it at a used car lot, I get it repaired there now too. I hear the dealer is even more spensive

Dude you apparantly don't know shit about cars. Buy your own OEM brake rotors and pads and get cheap tires put on at your les schwab.

Cars aren't free to drive.

how much longer can i drive on squeaky breaks before i break down on the highway?

Depends on how you drive, my OEM pads lasted me 143k in my Focus.

>I GLAZED MY PADS
>IT'S BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKEN

Are brakes covered under warranty?

Show us the tread.

Honda mechanic here New pads and rotor resurface at Honda is 249.99

You don't know anything about cars do you?

Brakes are wear items. Just like tires they aren't covered by any warranty

Your brake pad retaining clips are probably gone after that final death brake. The brake pads are now free to slosh back and forth in the caliper. It's not detrimental to safety, but they are able to contact the rotor and rub and make a squeaky noise. It might just be that your brake design favors them squeaking during cornering when they contact the most.

You shouldn't be able to *feel* the squeaking though if it's brake. Only hear it. If you can feel the chassis vibrating then it's something else, which leads me to my next explanation.

You could have just simply fucked up something in the suspension during the braking. When you brake everything gets put under heavy load, so old suspension components and rubber could have been loosened.

Jesus Christ man... A local tire shop here turns rotors for $7.50 a piece if you bring them in, O'Reilly charges like $10 or $15 a piece but they normally try to tell you that they're worn out and that you have to buy new ones. Brake pads should be like $25 a set for a 2012 civic at O'Reilly and will take 2 sets (front and rear). OP should be able to get his rotors machined and replace the brake pads on all 4 wheels for under $125 assuming he can do the work himself and has an alternate means of transportation to and from the local parts / tire shop. OP might be low on brake fluid and/or might need to bleed his brake lines as well if he needs to "jam on the brakes to stop in a timely manner".

To OP: doing a brake job on your car is relatively simple and can be done with minimal tools / knowledge so it's a good "first-time job" for learning how to wrench on your own vehicle. For your car you'll need a couple of jack stands, a metric socket + ratchet set, and your car's included tire changing jack (a hydraulic bottle or floor jack is REALLY nice to have but not necessary). With 2 jack stands you can pull 2 wheels off at once and replace the brake pads/rotors on the entire front end or rear end of the car instead of just doing one wheel at a time.

Oh, and a C-clamp for compressing the brake piston so you can fit the new pads back on the rotor.