What dashcam does Veeky Forums use?

What dashcam does Veeky Forums use?

Thinking of picking up pic related next week, only con I can see is it has no GPS.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ij-kbGyfgjg
amazon.com/Littelfuse-FHA200BP-ATO-Add-A-Circuit-Kit/dp/B0002BGELQ/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1459475453&sr=8-6&keywords=add a fuse
amazon.com/Dash-Camera-Vehicle-Hard-Wire/dp/B00MH4ZVHO/ref=pd_bxgy_263_img_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1ZP42CQQ3TNBVFADVZD4
amazon.com/dp/B01AYS4JZ4
focusst.org/forum/focus-st-electronics/13092-simple-instructions-hard-wiring-radar-detector-other-device.html
dashcamtalk.com
dashcamownersaus.com.au/our-guide-to-dash-cams/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want a bumper mounted hd cam

Wouldn't a GoPro be good for that?

I'm going to save up and get the street guardian

You dont want GPS, as it will keep track of your speed.

>involved in accident
>dashcam reads you were going 3mph over the speed limit
>automatically at fault, or cited for speeding.

ya, you dont want that.

Get a Vantrue brand one, one was just on Amazon for $100 after some coupon.

Just looked up a review of that model
youtube.com/watch?v=ij-kbGyfgjg

Definitely my second option.

I don't really speed anyway unless I'm hooning on remote dirt tracks.

theres a good dashcam sub on reddit (but you'd have to go to reddit)

/r/dashcam and /r/roadcam

SJ4000 Wifi. I paid about $80. for $100 you can get some decent stuff.

I actually like it. Just recently I left it under my cowl during a rainy day and got the lens fucked. It all works still so I ordered a new lens Anyways I'm probably going to pick up another for a rear. I still need to find a way to wire a power for it so i don't have to rely on battery

What is the point of WIFI again? So you can quickly put it on your phone to show people?

I guess, or so you can access it on a network. I have never used the wifi feature

How do you run power to these? (I know 12v, but I mean routing wise and from where)

Do your insurance companies like these?

Not OP, but also in the market for a dashcam. Really interested in the BlackVue DR650GW-2CH, since it ticks a lot of the boxes I want: GPS, front and rear, fairly discrete, impact sensing, etc. But it's kind of pricey. Are there any other cameras with a similar feature set I should be looking at?

The Street Guardian seems to be the next best one, but it's only a single camera, and looks pretty damn ugly.

you need to hard wire it to something, usually with a fuse in your cabin

look it up on youtube but you'll need something like this

amazon.com/Littelfuse-FHA200BP-ATO-Add-A-Circuit-Kit/dp/B0002BGELQ/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1459475453&sr=8-6&keywords=add a fuse

to go with this

amazon.com/Dash-Camera-Vehicle-Hard-Wire/dp/B00MH4ZVHO/ref=pd_bxgy_263_img_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1ZP42CQQ3TNBVFADVZD4

or you can use this if you have a power mirror

amazon.com/dp/B01AYS4JZ4

I have a 12v plug in a cubby in front of the shift stick. I plug it in there, run to to the passenger side under the carpet to the door. At the front of the door is this channel where the rubber seal runs up behind the dashboard. Route the cable through there and up to the a pillar. On the a pillar I just pull back the rubber a bit and route the wire all the way up to the top of the windshield. From there I peel back the fabric of roof (there's some give but don't peel it back too far) and route the wire to where the mirror is and then down to the dashcam which is right under it.

There might be some parts where you'd have to tape the wire so it doesn't dangle but overall you can't even see it.

generally you look for something you can leach power off off nearby. anything from cigarette lighter to radio. if your car is popular enough you can probably find a guide on forums

example for mine focusst.org/forum/focus-st-electronics/13092-simple-instructions-hard-wiring-radar-detector-other-device.html

Forgot to mention, you can do this and just run it behind or to the side of the passenger seat and plug it into a 12v plug under your armrest if you have it.

Nice, I've been thinking about getting one recently and started a thread but got minimal response.

dashcamtalk.com

Haven't narrowed down any choices yet, still need to research. Looking for quality day and night, at a good price.

Curious too if any insurance companies offer any cam related deals.

Id run power under the a-pillar and tucked behind the headliner.

Thanks. I'd like one but my car is super new and would hate to do any aftermarket wiring. Doubt I'd find a guide online.

Just use your 12v outlet.

My car was new too. I didn't modify anything, just shoved the wire through any nook and cranny I could to hide it.

how the hell would that be useful in a front-end collision

I was in the same boat and looked up dashcamownersaustralia after watching all of their montages, they have a decent buying guide but only recommend a few brands.

dashcamownersaus.com.au/our-guide-to-dash-cams/

This one here has pretty awesome night vision, at least for its price, watch the vid at

He just wants one for hooning I assume. God bless him, we need more footage of bumper cams and hooning.

Is there a retailer in the USA/Canada that sells these or am I forced to wait for the slow boat from china?

Check Amazon, they have plenty in stock.

maybe radioshack, maybe

Radioshack has been gone for a couple years now IIRC

Come to think of it, haven't heard about them for years. RIP.

are the improved electronics really worth the $130 price increase over the B40/A118?

my town still has two
god bless rockford

>Radioshack has been gone for a couple years now IIRC

OP here, changed my mind, gonna go for this instead.