Aston Martin

How do you feel about Aston Martin branching out from the grand tourer market?

How do you feel about their design department getting away from the Fisker/Callum designs (DB7 and DB8)?

Other urls found in this thread:

espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/14992872/aston-martin-claims-adrian-newey-hypercar-lap-faster-f1-car
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

as long as it carries that aston badge it will be pigfat.

t. salty poorfag

He isn't wrong though.

Their hypercar is supposed to be as fast as an F1 car (the era of that F1 car went unstated, a Camaro is a fast as a 1960's era F1 Lotus around Silverstone)

espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/14992872/aston-martin-claims-adrian-newey-hypercar-lap-faster-f1-car

Why do people buy Aston Martins? What's the allure of them?

showing off wealth

Nobody but Arabs do at the moment.

I don't know that they're branching "out" of the GT market. Aston Martin will always produce GT cars, it's their bread and butter. As far as design goes, I was sort of worried about the next generation DB. After seeing the DB11 though, my worries have subsided. The DB11 is a seriously beautiful machine.

>DB8

sigh.....................

new-money try hards

Why do people buy Chevrolets? What's the allure of them?

>hey this Comedy movie isn't a drama!
>it fucking sucks!

They smoke astons at 1/3rd the price, that's for sure

They smoke dicks in their butts is what they do.

>performance is all that matters

I don't understand much about cars but the Vantage GT is one of the beautiest cars i have ever seen and it's acceleration sound is pure sex.
If i were rich enough i'd definitely buy one.

It's not enough that the beltline must rise, for now the top line of the window must sink

Nice Mustang

You're right but I personally don't think it matters. AMs have always been more about luxury than sport and I don't necessarily think there's anything wrong with that.

Big engines, manual gearboxes, beautiful designs, everything handcrafted (imperfections and all), prestige of the badge, status symbols.

Not a lot of people recognize Astons, though.

If you want a status symbol you'll still turn more heads with an 05 Gallardo than a 2016 Aston.

They are nice, though.

>everything handcrafted
Is it really hand crafted? What parts are hand crafted? I feel like that term gets used and then all they do is maybe assemble some stuff.

>If you want a status symbol you'll still turn more heads with an 05 Gallardo than a 2016 Aston.
This is very true. A lot of nice high end stuff doesn't attract the plebs. A guy could be wearing a Patek Philippe, and the plebs will look at the other guy with a gold Rolex. A girl could have a Bottega Veneta handbag, and the attention will go to the one with the Gucci bag.

>A girl could have a ________
The girl who is hot gets the attention.

I meant from other girls.

But, yes, you are right.

Aston Martins for the most part are properly pretty cars. Everything that they designed hits its mark in terms of beauty.

Would I buy one? No but I do like to look at them, couldn't stand a garage queen though.

Maybe a car for the collection when you have a bunch of cars then.

It seems like a nice touring car.

it looks like a gtr

Does it still follow the 1/3 rule? It looks stunning and is definitely recognizable as a AM right away.

>Is it really handcrafted?

I didn't choose my words very well, I was mostly talking about the interior when I said that. The interior is assembled and stitched by hand which means it takes a lot of man hours to produce an Aston. I can't speak on the internals of the car on whether they are bespoke to Aston or not.

AM has always had a reputation as imperfect cars full of style and character. There are probably objectively superior grand tourers in just about every metric, I think that a customer buys an AM just because they want one. The badge certainly still carries a lot of weight.

>what's the allure of them
V12
handmade interior
comfy ride but vicious acceleration
gorgeous exterior
successful motorsport pedigree
James Bond drives them

I gotcha. Yeah a lot of companies just receive the seats pre-done. There is a company called Box Mark that does a lot of the covers for the luxury brands.

Most seats are actually hand done (by sewing machine) but it's not exactly craftsmanship (it's computer cut leather that a seamstress follows to assemble by sowing).

There is something to be said about imperfection though, and having something feel a little less 'computer' and more 'crafted'

mmmmmmh...

>Chinese people will defend this

>no more 6 liter na brit made v12
>GERMan 5.2 v12 now

fucking trash

Aston Martin has always been a brand for rich snobs. Why would I even care about their company

Theyre not even that nice or fast. A base 911 will beat a v12 Aston.

Really for rich idiots and that's it

It's a luxury touring car, it's not a 911 competitor.

Madpoors should be banned. These posts contribute nothing except that the poster is poor and upset about it.

Calling someone a snob or elitist isn't even a criticism. It's just whining that they hurt your feelings.

It is on topic and feelings go with cars.

Sorry I don't sympathize with or cheer on rich snobs that replace their 300k cars every rich year.

Screw Aston and lambo and Ferrari and every other rich person car company. I'll take a mustang 5.0

>those guys are bad for spending their money on cars they like that I can't afford
>I'm gonna buy a car I can afford and then tell everyone with a more expensive one that they're bad

Well a 5.0 mustang is just as capable as an Aston. For 1/4 the price. Rich snobs just buy Aston to be rich snobs.

They just have more money and the additional features of the Aston are worth that to them. A 5.0 doesn't have a V12, nice and highly customizable leather interior, metal interior fixtures or paint of comparable quality and variety.

You can't afford that stuff, so you just say the grapes taste sour and you don't want them anyway.

I can't afford an Aston either, but I'm not so self-centered that I can't see why they're cool.

Ur a newb here aren't u

I love trolling madpoors so much that sometimes I take bait in that disguise. No apologies.

What if they're trolling u

That's what I'm saying. Sometimes they are.

Oh ok

I would love to own one. Such a special thing to own.

Aston Martin has to be very careful with their design language. After all, a lot of people that buy an Aston do so mainly because of how it looks, and in a world of safety rules and regulations that enforces homogenization, it's gonna be very hard for them to remain unique enough. All the "hand crafted" marketing scheme won't be worth shit if the car isn't arguably the prettiest you can buy.

As long as they stay ahead of the game and don't put out something that feels like a "jag in drag" they'll probably be fine, as it wouldn't be the first time they've steered dangerously close to the jag market and tried to justify the price tag with all the heritage bells and whistles, ultimately ending in bankruptcy.

And if they do the lazy ass shit they did with the "new vanquish" again, they deserve to go fucking under.