Veeky Forums opinion on the miata? Good handling?

Veeky Forums opinion on the miata? Good handling?

>Yes
>Miata always the answer
>Best
>It's the Best
>Pop up's

/thread

its a bit boring choice to be honest

i enjoy that the car is a car that go fast
vroom vroom

meme shitbox that dumbfuck kids buy so they can fit in and feel driving feels they think they are supposed to feel.

At least they're real racer, not stupid fucking idiots in their FWD Honda piece o SHIT

>People who have never driven one
I had one for a bit over a year and a half. Just sold it because
>brotrucks everywhere trying to kill me
>hit my legs on steering wheel
>hit my arm on the door
I'm not tall or fat
>terrible mpg for its size
>terrible road noise
>never put the top down
The car had no purpose for me

from personal experience, you will love it at first, but wish it was faster in the end, no matter how good it handles

I bought an NB about 2 months ago.

Its really well balanced, very good a teaching you how to exploit a rwd chassis and cheap.

but i'm struggling to love it. the engine is boring, the shocks suck, it rattles and flexes too much.

I'm hoping coilovers, a hardtop and framerails will fix it.

like it but don't love it

Miata
Is
Always
The
Answer

>Guy you told never drove one
I had one for 4 years. Learned a lot of RWD technique in it. They are absolutely terrible drivers cars, and handle like wet dog shit. I am sorry you are so terrible at driving you can't see that.

Hard top will help a bit, don't try to re engineer the car. It was really poorly designed. Learn what you are going to learn and move onto something better.

Learn to work with the chassis flex, all cars have it to some degree it is just really exaggerated in the Miata. Also understand the chassis is such garbage the car will never be a consistent handler, and will always be unpredictable. Move on before you really start pushing its limits.

Lol k

>im wrong your right
>i wont say anything substantial though besides having less driving experience
I agree with You're probably the same kind of kid who shits all over FWD cars while putting around in his Miata he's totally going to turbo or engine swap

I'm the guy that sold my miata because I didn't like it. You're sperging about how terrible it is. And it's not. At all

as said they are pretty shit as stock
good base though because of the aftermarket and stuff like spec miata which allowed lots of learning to be acquired
and it's just a lot easier to stiffen a mx5 up than it is to convert a civic to rwd

It really is though. I have never driven a car that was more floppy, got more disturbed by bumps or handled more unpredictably.

I haven't really said anything that negative about it dude
I'm just saying maybe, just maybe, it's not literally perfect

>stuff like spec miata
An absolute joke of a series where people spend $10k on engine rebuilds because the extra 5hp you get from a special rebuild is what you need to compete for wins.

Also they should call it crash miata.

The only way you are going to stiffen up a miata is with a full cage, and you do not want that on your street if you like keeping your brains inside your body skull.

You had some busted shit then
Everyone will disagree with you.
Or you're the opposite of truth troll

Not really. I had a NB with 60k miles. It was pristine, I inspected the whole car inside and out and cared for it like it was my child.

I only realized how shitastic it was when I moved onto better cars. You are still stuck with your beginner, 140hp sporty car so you don't get it.

Opinion on Miata with a F20C swap?

>not a 13b

Why can't you people accept the miata isn't perfect and there are people who say there are better cars for the price

Dude, everything I posted there is a fact. Fuck off.

The special engine builds are huge. Yeah the motor has to be stock but some of the builders somehow get 5hp more out of them using stock parts. This usualy equates to a car length a lap, if you don't have the cash to spend, and to spend regularly on builds you will not be competing for wins, you will be stuck in the back with all the dads that can't drive.

When I was younger and wanted to be a race car driver I took a very hard look at spec miata. It is an absolute garbage series, one of the best examples of how trying to control costs can have the complete opposite effect.

That's why mazda made the block so heavy that aluminium blocks of any capacity are lighter and more powerful.

I had the same opinion, only spec miata actually put me off from buying a mistake at all

It seems like a boring choice that breeds nothing but plateaus
In my opinion

If you stay in it, absolutely. The miata is a car you buy because you don't know RWD and want to learn, but also with the knowledge that once you learn you move on.

I cringe so hard at the people that try to build it into something it is not.

As far as spec miata goes. A competitive spec miata was $20k years ago, I assume they are more now. You could get a standard Formula Mazda or the closed body version of it for the same price. This is a car with real downforce half the weight and the same power for the same price. That will take you places.

>samefagging
>trolling
>baiting
>Alphonse
Holy fuck this thread.

sometimes making a car something it's not is fun

Where's the samefagging
>it's trolling and b8 to have a controversial opinion

they dont handle well tbqh

its worse than a Honda Civic or Dodge Neon

its just a gay ass meme car

It isn't though. It is just a great way to blow an ass ton of money. Sure it is fun spending the money but then afterward, what have you got?

9/10 it is going to be something that is crappier to drive than what you started with. Might be faster, might have more grip but that doesn't equate with the whole system working better.

If you want a fast car, it is much more cost effective and rewarding to start with a car that came from the factory in the speed range you are looking for then tune out the conservationism engineered in by the safety faggots and the bean counters.

seems like you're in the wrong board m8

Lol, you can spend years trying to bring out the maximum potential of a cars true chracter. It can be just involved as trying to rebuild the thing from the ground up. When you do it my way you end up with a nice car. When you do it your way you end up with a custom shitbox nobody wants anything to do with, not even yourself.

>Miata
>a real racer

Holy shit you are funny dude

I imagine an user furiously beating his manhood and typing with the other hand.

Miatas are fun cars in the beginning, but they are not fulfilling driver experiences a year from then.

Well, I am on the toilet. I guess I could jack it. I was trying to go to bed though. You're still an idiot, by the way.

Read the sticky.

It's bait because they don't actually believe it and the posts are tailored to net as many replies as possible. It's the opposite of truth troll.

Miatas are real racecars

when they're racing against other miatas, of course

Yeah you keep thinking that. I guarantee you I have way more experience and you will come around to my way of seeing things when you get there.

There is literally no good drivers or people who build fast cars that think the miata is anything but a very limited beginner car.

I know, that was my point the entire time. You really are an idiot, aren't you.

Honestly I am both tired and drunk, and this is my first time on Veeky Forums after being banned for a month. So yes, I am an idiot.

Miata is a good car with a bit more power like a turbo or a swap, otherwise it's just a RWD civic.

It's ok user, I'm sorry I was mean. I'm drunk too

All good man, we agree and that is like love, right?

I don't get where the limited thing comes from. It won't be setting lap records no, but being as nimble aND balanced as it is, it can be pushed a fair bit farther with a bit of engine work, suspension tuning, bracing, brakes and good tires.

That's right user, now goodnight and godspeed

Sure you can push it a little farther. But a good driver in a stock E36 M3 or FD will be able to wipe the floor with you in all conditions.

Somebody in a 160HP GC8 2.5RS or a 160HP Legacy Turbo will be able to wipe the floor with you.

Nimble and balanced isn't worth much when it has real trouble being consistent and putting power down. IMO the short wheel base, combined with 50:50 weight distribution, relatively short suspension arms, and small amount of bump travel is what causes this character.

I also find it has a surprising amount of bumpsteer for a car that apparently was designed so specifically to have as little as possible

That was actually really informative, thank you. I'll have to make a note to read more about Mazda's efforts with bump steer.

Why waste the time trying to drag power out of the Mazda engine when you can get quite a bit more from the Fiata Abarth with less effort?

NA miatas don't come with a fiat counterpart.

i have a question about the miata and i dont think it deserves its own thread, so i reckon i could ask it here

we've been looking at a '98 miata 1.8i and it all looked very clean, the desler said nothing had changed or modded under the hood, but it had an intercooler.
did this version come with a stock intercooler or is the seller lying?

Only the 04-05 came with an intercooler because turbo

onlmazdaspeed got turboy

normal ones did not get turboy

Fuck this is spot on. Seriously SPOT FUCKING ON. Listen to this man fagg/o/ts.

Starting at about 2007 onward it just doesn't make ANY sense to spend a fuckton of money upgrading cars anymore. There are so many cheap cars out there that are already fast as fuck.

The only upgrades worth a fuck are wheels, tires, and minor changes to suspension.

If you really want to fucking dominate wait a year and pickup a used 2016 SS Camaro for $28,000. How much faster do you think you're really going to go as an amatuer/hobbyist racer?

I'd say there are exceptions. Anything from the 80s is going to be so shitty by this point that a restomod will improve it in pretty much every aspect, even if you're not going for massively huge increases in speed. Foxbody Mustangs come to mind.