Used car buying/selling annoyances

Why the fuck does everyone on craigslist, eBay and autotrader think a modified car is worth the KBB excellent condition price + the cost of all the mods?

Where did this meme start?

I see idiots with poorly installed Chinese turbo kits and no dyno tune charging A FUCKING PREMIUM over stock cars?

I've had to explain this to sellers and friends buying used cars and it never goes well. The concept of modified engines not being as reliable as a stock one actually offends people for some reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

corvallis.craigslist.org/ctd/5575109141.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

People are retarded

More at 11

It's human nature to want what you paid/think it's worth PLUS the value of all the other shit you put into it. People don't understand the concept of getting value out of a purchase. If someone buys a car for $20k and sells it for $18k 10 years later, they don't see it as spending $2000 to drive for 10 years, they see it as a $2000 net loss in their investment.

Also they're infallible and can do no wrong in "upgrading" their car so anything they do is just as good as what a certified mechanic can do, the only difference is some dumb school they were too stupid to go to because they were too busy getting shitfaced and high 10 years ago.

>It's human nature to want what you paid/think it's worth PLUS the value of all the other shit you put into it.

No, that's just called being an idiot.

Human nature is overvaluing an item because it's yours.

This is one of the only decent crx's I've seen for sale in the PNW and he wants over $1000 higher than what would be a 'high' price for an excellent condition crx. I'm mad.

corvallis.craigslist.org/ctd/5575109141.html

>lists every stupid modification he made
>can't list the mileage

That's a textbook example of a sleazy used car salesman.

>"Do you still have the 2011 Acura TL SH-AWD with 40,000 miles on your lot?"
>"No we sold that yesterday, but we have a beautiful 2002 RSX with only 150,000 miles. It's yours for 12k!"

>"???????????????????"

>hey goy wanna buy a bridge in brooklyn?

I fucking hate cunts that do this
>call seller
>rambles about some cold air intake that he installed on the car
>ask about mileage
>tells me "stuff like that aren't important"
>hang up

Just don't buy a modded car then.

When I was looking to buy my WS6 it took me about a year to find one that fit my criteria of stock, affordable, manual, t tops.

Then I found the 2002 mint stock ws6 i had been looking for. Paid $9000 which is kind of a lot, but it was in great shape and had every option i wanted. Now 2 years later my friend wants one and hes only looking at modded ones that hover around 12k. He doesn't really see the benefit of buying stock and choosing your own mods.

It's because you have autism

What do ya'll suppose it means when someone says that the car won't idle when it's warm? I'm not really understanding

It's a shitbox that's going to violently EXPLODE in the summer.

>call buyer about a Datsun 240Z I'm extremely interested in for my father, he had one when he was younger and always talked about it
>it's in great condition as far as I can tell for a pretty fair price, just needs new wheels
>120k miles
>manual
>know he lives 2 hours away
>tell him I'll see him tomorrow
>right before I hang up I make sure he understands to call me if he sells it before I get there
>he says "okay, g'bye"
>next day driving out to see it
>super excited
>pass by 240Z on the other side of the road about 30 minutes from his house
>think "hm, that's neat I'm going to see a car just like that"
>look again
>it's the same fucking car
>pull over
>call him
>"Yea I sold it"

Thx user

With everyone's help we can fight craigslist crimes together

lEl

You overpaid like an absolute madman and your friend is even stupider

kek

well, what IS the white people price?

the iron price

95% of the people who modify cars are idiots to begin with so...