/MSC/ #9

AKA Finland Simulator.

NOW WITH lewd pictureh to mas-tur-bate to cars
thats sick

Completing the car should be a requirement for posting on this board.

The Trailer: youtu.be/rIZ3zs26RDQ

READ THIS GUIDE BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS:
pastebin.com/vNZZV0Fz

Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EyumZCv1vD8
mega.nz/#!SFdHEQxa!6CFSl3nTqHyHwAK0wD_JwiI-dXooQ8Xeob4nLGY15CA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

blue board.

This is technically furfaggotry and belongs into /trash/.

after pressing backspace you can type in commands:
shop - teleports you to shop
drag - teleports you to drag strip
sisu - spawns a truck
cash [amount] - gives you cash
car - effect unknown

you can repair damage by overwriting current meshsave.txt with one taken from fresh savegame
save is located in "%userprofile%/AppData/LocalLow/Royal John Love/My Summer Car"

If you have watched the video you would know it was a joke :^]

Can someone post the map please?

>Can someone post the map please?

this better be worth pirating user

Thank you!

how the fuck do i stop these annoying flies

delete System32

my summer car is dead. no one wants it anymore.

We want a newer build. The current one is just too clunky and undocumented.

The current one was never meant for release. Beggars can't be choosers

I hope newer one gets leaked too.

Think of it as a alpha release Demo, because since it's a unofficially released early build, that's what it pretty much is.

And its pretty god damn good

best way to attach exhaust pipe, muffler and gas tank?

tractor just gives me headache, jacking the car up sends the car flying over the goddamn hills, and the inspection pit is more or less useless unless the car runs

Lift completely with tractor, put in gas tank and handbrake, then lower it, get it running, and use inspection pit after it's running if you want full realism.

PFFFFF. just put the wheels on and then put the exhaust by crouhing low with C and then bend over with Q and then take it in the ass, or put the exhaust in

on my third build now. all former builds have just started shitting pistons and bearings.

my biggest issue is that i can't get the car to idle for very long, choke helps a little bit, but not for long.

engine sounds really nice at first, idling at 1000, then it just dies. sometimes i'll get a backfire/misfire, other times not.

suggestions?

keep on revving it until it warms up

that worked on my first build. had to use a shitton of clutch as well. after driving it for about 40 minutes, it held the idle nicely, but eventually lost all its performance.

all subsequent builds have ended in complete and utter failure though.

backing up my save after ive done the suspension this time.

Are the valves making ticking noises? Did you remember to fuck with the idle screw?

I might just torrent this game out of spite if a new build doesn't get released soon.

Developer, I hope you see this.

no ticking noises, i do fiddle with the idle occasionally, most of the time it the engine just gets worse for it

Just letting you know, the idle screw operation is the opposite of what we had originally thought.

Scrolling the mousewheel down actually makes it leaner, scrolling it up makes it richer.

>Just letting you know, the idle screw operation is the opposite of what we had originally thought.

ive been living a lie then

thanks for the heads up, gonna filler up with liquids and petrol, and see how it goes now

rate my eva 02 color scheme

is it asukafag enough

TAKE A GOD DAMNED PISS

i've sworn to not piss before my engine can idle on its own

2 cozy 4 me

see you fags at the strip

wish me luck

I love the general idea of the game but I'm just so bad at slinging car bits together
kinda hope some small engines stuff gets put in at some point, maybe put together a gas powered wood splitter.
or maybe a motor boat so you can do cross lake beer runs

He doesn't owe you shit.

Lol, I do things like that too. Like, I'll wake up early in the morning (in game obviously), eat, drink a bit, then get to work. Go drive around and test the thing, maybe go to the drag strip for a bit, then head to the gas station then home. Eat, drink, piss, sleep. Repeat.

I hope the finished game actually has other jobs (one user suggested a delivery job, which I think would be really cool).

it had a good life

I don't get why the shop needs to be so far away

I want to recreate this youtube.com/watch?v=EyumZCv1vD8

Personally, I don't mind the shop being far, I mind having to drive on so many shitty dirt roads along the way (unless you take the lake shortcut, but that's kind of immersion breaking).

If there was a short path to the highway (or at least a paved road) then I'd be okay with it. Can't wait for the new version to be released.

Because ~realism~ that's why.

Welcome to Finland, where bumfuck nowhere MEANS bumfuck nowhere.

It takes less than 3 minutes to get to the store. Instantly if you teleport. Not that far.

Because that's how things are in Finland
It's realism

What is the command to spawn the muscle car thing?

How do people out there get electricity?

where the fuck can i get this game?

Game Download:
mega.nz/#!SFdHEQxa!6CFSl3nTqHyHwAK0wD_JwiI-dXooQ8Xeob4nLGY15CA

Has anyone ever actually been to this thing? I plan on making a trip out there in a few minutes.

How do I build my car

im there now actually

this is the first time my car actually works, so im gonna try and find that drag strip, wherever it is. no maps.

thats just a radio tower

FADE INTO DARKNESS

>got everything installed
>fluids in
>start car
>runs for 10 seconds then loses power
>doesn't backfire

Any ideas?

Noice was looking for the console commands

not sure if it's already been posted but pressing t changes the time of day.

Doesn't speed up the phone call unfortunately

Maybe it's the idle screw, how does your exhaust look? It should be a slight puff, if it's a billowing cloud then you're too rich

Wow, thanks for that. Night time in this game is brutal.

NIGHT OF FIRE

>Noice was looking for the console commands

>dl game, start first build
>How the fuck do all the controls work
>Two hours to put engine together, almost atleast, sparkplug #3 flew fuck knows where and remains lost
>6 hours to put car body together
>Put engine in, lots of fun *ahum*
>Sparkplug #3 magically back in place
>Tighten it
>Fill 'er up with fluids
>Try to start, guy starts swearing immediately
>Shit.png
>Forgot bolt on distributor
>Tighten it
>Starts and runs nicely, only some valve ticking
>Tfw car mechanic irl :'D

I've always wondered how those tracks work on that sign, car must've done a 180 spin

>be me
>first build
>take my time
>about 3 hours on shitty laptop
>ran the first time, no problems
>My faces when never even open an engine irl

the cozy is murdering me

the night time radio talkshow just came on too

fucken found it

Can someone help me with some troubleshooting?

I was driving down the road only a few hundred meters from my house when suddenly some kind of clear liquid start flying up out of the hood for a few seconds then disappeared. I immediately stopped the car but didn't turn it off. I watched closely and saw that the oil gauge was all they down to zero and the temperature was steadily rising, so I shut the engine off and reloaded the game.

I'm guessing there's some sort of oil leak because after logging back in, I checked the rocker cover and it was very, very low. I filled it up with oil, started it up, then watched the oil gauge slowly drop. Checked the oil level again and yup, there's a leak.

The question is, what can I do about this? Where should I begin looking for the leak? Can it actually be fixed in this build?

ensure that drain bolt is tightened down as well as oil filter. both of these are done without tools

I don't know about the exhaust. I was sitting in the car. Haven't done anything to the idle screw. I'll mess around with it after work.

>that fucking entitlement

Go to fucking bed, babby.
You must be at least 18 to come here anyway.

V8 when?

Were aftermarket V8s a thing in 90's Finland? I'm guessing not...

>be 8th try building
>last 7 either glitched out or wouldnt run/shift
>get it all together
>paint brown
>fill it up with fluids and jump in
>start it up
>after a few tries idles nice.
>even shifts!
>put all the body panels on and go for a spin
>pulls hard to the right
>take it back home and get the alignment fixed
>starts raining
>turn lights on and drive slow, direction is good.
>hit a ditch turning around. stall engine
>turn engine over
>nothing
>turn engine over, catches fire
>piss it out.
>battery is dead
>get tractor and tow it home.
>no gas, no battery, probably some damage.
build 9 here i come...

>not making a backup

Not him but I enjoy restarting. It makes me more familiar with the car. I've found new bolts each time.

>i don't know how game development works

There's not really much fun in spending a few hours assembling a car and not making it out of the driveway before it catches on fire with no way to fix it.

wtf is this
it's glorious

that is not /realism/

Neither is building a complete car in 2 hours with just a set of wrenches.
>spawning money and teleporting are now realism

your bitch ass attitude is not realism

If you follow the guide to a T and make sure to tighten every bolt, the car will run every single time.

Go fuck yourself furfaggot. You're probably the same fucktard that can't even get the van started and whines for 4 threads.

fuck you, you god damned bitch nigger. i bet you get shampoo in your dick hole and enjoy the the sting. snort chemtrails out of my fucking asshole faggot

Yea I got good at finding the bed in the dark. Was trying to figure out console commands and noticed the environment would change.

Also "fix" seems to go into console but like "car" not sure what it does or if I need to select something

>tfw 3rd build, scared to start

>>/b/

I'm not going there, if I wanted to experience degeneracy I would go in a target gender neutral bathroom and spread my ass cheeks

Keep your bullshit out of a decent thread.

Sorry for being bad but when and how do you attach the pistons. After I get the crankshaft on I try to attach piston 1 but the crank always falls off

Just hold it right side up and inside each hole for a position until u get the checc

I get the check and click just like the crank, but the crank always falls off and the guy swears in what I understand to be finnish

I hoist the engine, attach crank, then attach pistons right?

Install bearings under the crankshaft before pistons

Put main bearing caps on first

I can't find a good way to jack the car up. I know the goal is to get it on the tractor, but I can't balance the car on two jacks, and the forklifts don't seem to be movable

Try installing the rear wheels first, you can do the suspension bits with just one corner jacked up and it makes the forklift shenanigans much easier. If you build the front suspension as well it becomes utterly trivial, but if you do that then you'll have to disassemble a bunch of parts once you get the engine installed

I don't bother with the forklift until the wheels are on. You can get everything on to attach all 4 wheels without a jack. Then I use the lift

hah what a faggot someone reported the photo