/ssbg/ - Super Smash Bros. General

>News
- Update 1.1.6 now available for download!

- 1.1.6 Balance Patch Notes:smashboards.com/threads/436806/

- 1.1.5 Balance Patch Notes:smashboards.com/threads/433162/

>Resources and Guides
pastebin.com/TD8zsDJ1

/ssbg/ has an OFFICIAL discord now made by Chronos:
discordapp.com/invite/0kMyiyd1r38A7kIF
It's open for everyone and has no moderation - If you can't get along with others use the blocking function.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

challonge.com/4chansmashleague
challonge.com/4chansmashleague3ds
discord.gg/Wm7px
ssbwiki.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Welcome to the new Veeky Forums Smash Tournament Series:

The /ssbg/ Smash League

The Smash League will be a new format of competition, a Round Robin Tournament in which everyone plays vs everyone in a point-system ranking.

Points will be achieved by:

Winner of the Set: 3 points
Loser of the Set by 2-1: 1 point
Loser of the Set by 2-0: 0 points

After finishing all the rounds, The Top 8 players with most points participate in Rustlemania a Double Elimination Tournament for the Championship. The Bottom 3 will enter the next tournament with a score of -5

NOTE: The League begins in August 22th but that doesn't mean you have to play that day, you could start playing 3 days later, for example.

You could play 1 set per day, or 5 sets in the weekend, doesn't matter. The objective is to play with anyone and get the highest number of points to pass to the next round.

RULES
1. Double Elimination
2. 2 Stocks
3. 6 Minutes
4. No Items
5. Customs NOT allowed
6. Miis and Custom Miis allowed, default size only.
7. No Equipment
8. Best of 3 *NOTE: If players want, best of 5

Join the new ssbg Smash league

Wii U:
challonge.com/4chansmashleague

3DS:

challonge.com/4chansmashleague3ds

REMINDER:

The League would be played in the course of 15-30 days, you dont Need to play EVERY match in just one day, you could play one set in monday and 5 in friday, for example.

It's expected to be a 18-24 man Tournament, but if more people get in, it will be divided by pools

Let's try to Make /ssbg/ Great Again ®

Can you explain how this works?

Stealing my response and copying it in the other thread. Nice samefag

Is anyone here to play on Wii U or is it too late?

>chazo doesn't stop faking the op
What a fucking idiot leave us alone already

It's too early.

Chazo has been doing this for the last bunch of threads

He makes a thread, regardless if one is already up, and regardless if the previous hit bump limit. Then starts forcing fake discussion through samefagging to create the illusion of activity

He literally is shitposting now

>Arguing about who made what

Just play the damn game or join discord

Which discord?

>Nairo bullies FG scrubs on his twitch
I wish I was good enough to earn money like that.

I once played Nairo and almost beat him. Took the game to last stock last hit but he left after one game. Pussy

I think he always leaves after one game so people can't adapt.

Doesn't he just play random or something? Or are some lucky enough to get him to play more seriously?

He wasn't even streaming then. He had no reason to leave

pink fresh tier list

Who is the best Bayo player post nerf? Salem is good at her still right?

I think it's just a mix of good players like pink, saj, 9B. No definite best player

Do any of them have any good tips on her? I didn't think 9B still used her

Does 9B still play Bayo even after her nerf? He should go back playing Ryu.

I'm not sure, but I agree that he should play Ryu again. His Ryu seemed more solid than his Bayonetta.

>Salem
I didn't even know he played sm4sh until he did well with broken bayonetta

Literally a fraud

I wasn't aware of what he did during Smash 4 either, but he was a solid Brawl player and seemed to have found his character in Bayonetta. Does that really make him fraudulent? It's not like other pre-nerf Bayonetta mains who were nobodies, and even then those people couldn't win events.

I think it's Pink after seeing Salem choke recently

Didn't he main MK in brawl, I'm not sure desu
>It's not like other pre-nerf Bayonetta mains who were nobodies, and even then those people couldn't win events
Yeah still they placed much, much higher than before just because broken bayo carried them

Mind sharing the video, if there was one? Didn't get to see any of his recent games.

He mained ZSS unless I'm mistaken. Right, they placed higher than they would normally, but I think that was because people didn't know how to deal with her, aside from however strong her moves were.

>because people didn't know how to deal with her
Let this meme die, she was broken

Why?

Some moves deserved adjustments, like the ability to SDI easier out of her combos and zero to death without the use of witchtime, but other ones like the downwards ABK launch angle, witchtime, and witchtwist knockback nerfs were overboard and no longer let her be the combo character she was meant to be. Bayonetta doesn't have an amazing neutral game, so why should she also no longer get any reward off of combos that won't kill? It would be one thing if she was like Diddy or Cloud in addition to being able to carry people to the top of the stage, but she was balanced around needing combos to reliably kill and dying to a sneeze.

I realized Bayonetta is shit against shield and shielding shuts down bayonettas approaches

Best ledgeguard in the game doesn't need more killpower than Sheik
WT still exists and is easy to trigger (on recovery or projectile even)
But that's just my opinion her whole moveset is a giant mess that feels like it doesn't belong into smash

She sure is shit against it. If the Bayonetta player is bad, just walk away from the kicks towards you on the ground and shield the aerial version.

>Best ledgeguard in the game doesn't need more killpower than Sheik
What, you mean her Nair? She doesn't need raw killpower like a bouncing fish or boost kick, which is why her combos should be the balancing factor in racking up damage and leading to kills.

>WT still exists and is easy to trigger (on recovery or projectile even)
Witchtime is overrated. If you're getting hit by that, you would be getting hit by another counter character's counter, which means you're being too predictable. Granted, Bayonetta having Bat Within allows witchtime to be used more liberally, but it's still just a counter. Witchtime has a bubble around her, so if you're spacing projectiles well you shouldn't get caught in it.

>What, you mean her Nair?
Bair, Uair, killthrow, two spiking moves
She's fine now, kind of

Let's use this one

So who do you think is the best now?

Rosa

But rosa jobs to sheik and metaknight

top secret discord..............
discord.gg/Wm7px

good morning /ssbg/

I missed you

kiss

Cute!

WAKE THE FUCK UP YOU STUPID TWAT
YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE

>her whole moveset is a giant mess that feels like it doesn't belong into smash

most of the dlc characters feel rushed and completely untested - hence why they've nearly all needed significant rebalancing

lookin at you, cloud

1.1.7 never

So, /ssbg/, have you been practicing your footstool combos lately? You do know they are the future of the meta, do you?

I tried
I just suck

Is there a video or something that shows what characters can do out of a footstool?

Try peacticing only footstools before going into combos. Go to training and just hop on the cps head for a while to get used to it.

Beefy smash and smash corner both have several videos on the subject. You can also find your own.

fuck off barst

Good OP image.

m2k should stick to smash 4

>mfw overheard a oldschool Melee player say that Melee is dead

fucking
years

>2016
>he still plays "Melee"

Well besides players what else is new in Melee?

No one is playing Melee besides non-viable fucks everyone else is playing Super Esport Bros for Nintendo GameCube

Veeky Forums fucking fast today, page 10 in under 30 minutes.

>7 /fgg/ threads

Found the problem.

k

Would you?

Would you what?

No lewd allowed!

Wew

I want to attend the tournament in Berliin, the battalion but im kinda poor

so I thought that maybe if there's anyone who lives in Berlin and wants to go there if they could accomodate me and we could practice for the tourny it would be fun I promise

>tfw getting good at melee and my hands are hurting from it

feels fucking good though, im finally starting to know what the fuck im doing after a year+ of this netplay grind

>set the day I start fall semester
Why.

the world doesnt revolve around you. Furthermore, its not a live tournament, it takes place over the course of several days at your own pace.

Who is this?

Does anyone here Perfect pivot?
Its like perfect pivoting is forgotten

It's just a pivot
nothing perfect about it

Goddamn it Mike stop failing.

You ask this every god damn day. You already know the answer

You're aware most people start school or will have started school that day, right? Even still, it's a Monday, the start of work week. Oh wait, this is /ssbg/ and you faggots don't do anything all day safe from practicing how not to drown in local pools.

Are there any Ryu guides out there? He's fun to play and I know there have been a couple matches of him in recent tournaments. Anybody know any particularly good matches with Ryu that I should watch?

watch trela or venom

Will do, thank you

Don't watch sakuyadorf

>Monday, the start of the work week
Entitled EU detected. Keep in mind theres only 6 people max who play here that actively play from european countries. Everywhere else that matters doesnt have a bedtime

EU here, on what day does your work start?

That's his matchup chart for bayo not a tier list

I like in VA, but honest attempt. Much less, the tournament starts at 10 am. If you have time play vidya on Monday morning you're a failed manchild.

Anyone else going to Shine?

nop

when i win the wifi tournament, yes

>After finishing all the rounds, The Top 8 players with most points participate in Rustlemania

i'll be surprised if 8 players participate

no

>pame

No, I'm not playing in an event organized by that autistic screencaper.

Get on his bad side and he'll literally start stalking you.

sorry for late reply

just some random guy who lives nearby

Of the 5 Zelda characters that are playable in Sm4sh, how many are male, and how many are female?

Go look it up yourself:
ssbwiki.com/

How to spot a noob 101
> switches character every round.

That was easy.

Penta did nothing wrong.

That doesn't explicitly imply noobery though

>noob
Am i on Runescape in 2004 again

Ok guys, here' the FAQ

>What is The Veeky Forums Smash League

The Smash League is a new Tournament series, based in a point-ranking system where the players with the most points pass to the Next round, an Elimination Tournament, for the bracket.

The Tournament is based in the Round Robin format, where players will be classified in a table and everyone will play vs everyone, just like the NFL Or La Liga (pic related)

>Ok, how do i gather points

Each player fight with another entrant in a set of Bo3 (if more people want, change it into Bo5) and depending of the result, is the number of points he gets :

Winning : 3 points
Losing by 2-1/3-1 : 1 point
Losing by 2-0/3-0 : 0 points

>How Many rounds will be played

It depends with the number of players that join the league; for example, if the league gets 18 players, there will be 17 rounds + Elimination Tournament/ Playoffs

>Hey! It starts August 22th but I can't play that day/won't be home / no
Internet/ Have homework to do, etc.

Don't worry, the league starts that day BUT, that doesnt mean you have to play that day, you have 15 days until the league ends so, you could play 1 set per day Or 5 per day, doesn't matter, just try to get as Many points as you can.

>17 rounds? That's a lot for a day!

As I said before, you could play 1 round per day Or 5, you don't have to play all rounds in one day

> What if I lose twice? Do I get Eliminated?

No, This is a Round Robin Tournament , doesn't matter if you lose every match, you will play vs everyone in the table

>What if we get 30 entrants? That's a lot!

After the 24 entrants, the table will be divided by pools, the best 2 of each pool will pass to the Next Round

>Can I invite some friends?

Yes

>Who's organizing this?

Pame, the 3DS TO but This is not his personal Tournament nor league, This is for the general.

He has been asking for advice to Chronos, /ssbg/ , Chazo, Moxy, discord players, etc.

Let's try to make this place great again!

Forgot pic

>Not 3 stocks
This isn't release day anymore. 3 stocks should be the standard

You're right, i think everyone will agree with this.