/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread Missing link /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/89L1aqAC

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-Playing 3DS with various controllers now possible. gbatemp.net/threads/435788/

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Development on IOSU allegedly underway i.imgur.com/6f4Ktlh.png

>Vita
-New Vita update released. It patches HENkaku.
-Homebrew available now on firmware 3.60. henkaku.xyz

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55 github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Other urls found in this thread:

maxdiypower.com/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gb-vc-injector-for-3ds.437118/
effectivelanguagelearning.com/language-guide/language-difficulty
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw no piracy on vita

it looks like a nice console i just wish i could pirate all my games on it :V

Give it a week.

I would say it's the best console of this generation.

I almost wish I were joking, purely because either nobody thinks I'm being serious when I say it, or they don't bother to hear me out if they disagree.

I agree hardware wise, but definitely not software wise.

it's got a pretty big library. psp + vita games is a pretty powerful duo

I agree, frankly. The 3DS and PS4 have both been pretty disappointing aside from a few titles.

The Wii U pastebin is kill.

how

HA
you are a funny one.
most of the vita games have better PS4 or PC versions, the indie games are on PC and the exclusive JRPGS are average at best

Just on your end sempai.

dude, the community was literally dug out of its grave
give them a week or two, especially since team molecule don't want to be the ones that "cracked" the vita and they want people to play their KOTH game

This question is about 10 years out of date, but has anyone here ordered from this place?
maxdiypower.com/

I'm looking into installing PS2 games to a hard drive and these guys sell network adapters pre-modded for SATA- for the same amount it'd cost me in Australia to buy just the adapter.

I mean software-wise. I think the big factor is whether you know enough about games to go for lesser-known titles and more experimental stuff. That's what really makes the vita great for me. It reminds me a lot of the PS1 library in that regard.

Also important is that it's by default region-free and there's a great number of Japanese vita/ps1/psp games you can play on it that would have been pretty much unavailable to the rest of the world before.

I've been looking for experimental stuff. Care to provide examples?

can you transfer saves from one modded 3ds to another modded 3ds?

yes they transfer with the system transfer but the games don't so you still have to reinstall those

The PC ports aren't that good.

They are functional enough to justify NOT getting a Vita for the Vita version of said ports

Just like Toukiden and Little King's Story.

>Toukiden
PS4 port is better. I DID say PS4 and PC ports didn't I?
>Little King's Story
you can emulate the Wii version of that shit game

D-pad down isn't letting me boot into homebrew, what am I doing wrong?

Age of Demons is vita only.

Also the ps vita version of LKS is revamped with new content no?

Soul sacrifice by the way

>emulate the Wii version
There is no excuse for that.

what were you doing? did you do something in the guide and now it won't boot homebrew?

Booting into homebrew by using dead methods lmao.

Try setting up menuhax again

I used OOT3D for the initial boot and then I set it up like it says in the guide.

Is there any reason I can't play DS carts on Luna?

Makai Shin Trillion: Raising simulation-style game set on a calendar, where you have to train a set of girls individually so they can have a chance to take on the final boss when certain days come. If they fail, they die forever. Of course, it's impossible to beat the boss in one go, so the goal of the game is to beat the final boss without having killed all of your characters.

Deception IV: Very intricate puzzle/action/strategy game where you play the bad girl trying to kill a bunch of heroes. You take control of a castle, and have to lay out traps to form rube goldberg-style death machines. It's very difficult, and very original. And no, it's not a tower defense game.

@Field - Golf + Super Monkey Ball + Anime robot girl slaves with a level creator.

htol#niq: Very unique absurdly difficult puzzle game where you guide a young girl through a world where everything kills her instantly. You can't control her movements directly.

Yomawari: Top-down survival horror game with a great minimal atmosphere, cute but effective visuals, and a good mix of violence and surrealism. It's kind of like Yume Nikki vs Witch's House, with a good bit of Fatal Frame thrown in for the legitimate old-Japanese town feeling.

Carnage Heart EXA: Post-mortem PSP game that's on PSN. About as in-depth of a mecha sim as nobody could ever ask for, you literally program every step of your mech's movements and abilities from scratch. Awesome game.

Utagumi 575 (requires slight japanese knowledge) - rhythm game where you construct haiku yourself while also matching the beat. You have to ensure both your lyrics make sense and that they fit the haiku structure. Surprisingly cool.

Also stuff like Tearaway, Ultra Despair Girls, TxK, Ciel nosurge (requires Japanese), Oreshika 2, Magical Beat, Sayonara Umihara Kawase, and for the icing on the cake, you can play Earth Defense Force and Jet Set Radio on it. And tons of DRPGs.

Also the upcoming Mary Skelter looks really fucking cool.

>by using dead methods
Isn't this how you are supposed to boot while you are going through the steps? Whats the better way?

can you faggots keep the vita discussion to /vitagen/?

talk about HENkaku or fuck off

>Sayonara Umihara Kawase
How much does it differ when comparing to the 3DS game?

if you were actually following the guide you would use browserhax instead of oot

It is, I was messing.

Any news on vita since yesterday?

>New Vita update released. It patches HENkaku.

Completely different. The vita ver runs at 60 FPS, has better graphics, a bunch of new stages, improvements to the old stages, and an entire extra game (the SNES game with added improvements like stage select and english menus).

The 3DS ver is actually a bad game compared to the vita release.

I knew that one. More specifically anything cool happen in the past 8 or so hours?

As long as you keep other consoles' games discussion to their own generals.

If you can read moonrunes, then it's definitely the best one this generation. ( ˘ω˘ )

I can, but I liked the vita beforehand, too.

Now here's the kicker: How much of that is playable without knowing Japanese?

leave them alone, the new ones frighten easily

Not familiar with the Vita. Can you pick one off the shelf now and it'll be updateable to 3.60?

Yeah but it's only a matter of time before they ship with 3.61

is that a shiny rattata

no, they are on a lower firmware

Everything except for the two games I pointed out need Japanese knowledge.

Yes, but you have to manually update it, not use PSN's automatic service.

Not an issue.

>implying sony presses new vitas ever

Prolly the best place to ask. Where can I find the screenshots I took with NTR CFW?

Well I tried desmume. 3d intensive stuff like Animal Crossing get me a silky smooth 3-7 fps, even without sound. Surprisingly I can get 20- 37 fps with Apollo Justice with sound.

Sorry Dosbox user, I can't seem to get the core to load games. That core is a bit of a clusterfuck.

Mgba has gotten a lot better.

when will we be able to mount ux0: on a USB drive

I need this

Whatever you do, don't check your SD card.

W-why?

You'll brick

there's scary screenshots waiting for you

Literally never ever.

Has henkaku been fully reverse engineered yet?

What happens if the guys doing it suddenly decided to stop?

Then we cry, because we're so close to piracy yet so far.

If I went to the store and bought a new Vita today, is there a way to get it to 3.60 and not on the newest firmware?

Check the vita pastebin in the op.

Yes.

Yes.

>that pic
Literally just woke up, and I'm already crying.

>mfw mgba improved
Just a bit longer for actually good GBA emulation guys.

k
Thanks

Are the Taiko no Tatsujin games on 3ds playable if you don't know nip? Are they fun?

Yes
Yes

is there any way currently to play ds games on emunand?
wanted to play 999 after vlr but its like $30 on amazon

just get a ds flashcart retarded nigger

Do i even need homebrew once im on a9lh? What about the double fbi (hs and fbi). And luma? What purpose do they continue to serve

Yes, you can play them just fine. But there are translation patches for all three (albeit not one is finished completely).
And yes, they are hella fun.

Is the 3ds powerful enough to emulate ps1 games?

There's a bomb in the lasagna

You cant even plqy ds games on sysnand

Good thing I don't like lasagna

Did thw thread deaded?

gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gb-vc-injector-for-3ds.437118/
Is anyone else using this and getting an error whenever they click finish that says the process can't find a file because it's being used by another process?
This shit's getting annoying and I don't know what's going on.

A screenshot for clarification.

Try running the program as an administrator.

That seems to have done it. Thanks!

>the feeling of accomplishment after finally finishing with everything working
Is there a better feel?

You faggots literally killed the Vita. We won't even get any localizations anymore. I hope you're happy with waiting 3 years for a fan translation that will eventually be cancelled along the way.

Feels great.

>tfw want to start learning japanese to translate weeb games
How long would this take me?

Years

Depends on how much you'll be studying Jap. Then, how much time you'll actually spend translating it and stuff. 5+ years, maybe even more.

I've seen people remote play ps3 games to their vita, would that be possible with vita hacks alone or are ps3 hacks needed too?

Do real women really eat chicken?

I havent touched my 3ds in a while, I still have a gateway from back when that was the only way to run cias.

Should I install one of the cfws, or just keep using gateway? Is there a way to switch to a cfw without nuking everything on my gateway NAND?

If you want to remote play all PS3 games to Vita, you need PS3 hacks only.

It's shit though.

At least 3 years to learn enough to the point where you can translate things like wordy as fuck weeb games, and that's assuming you're extremely diligent about studying and make it your top priority.

If you just do it as a side project like most people do, it's going to be closer to 5 years.

You can learn enough to just play them and understand what's going on in as little as 1 year if you have good study habits, though. Just don't expect to be able to produce quality translations.

You should definitely switch to a cfw, in my opinion.
Gateway's code is really buggy in comparison to the free solutions out there.

It is possible to switch to a cfw without losing anything, because it boots up the same emunand.

Japanese is brutality-tier. Its only saving grace is that it at least has a phonetic alphabet for part of it. But even then it still relies on thousands of kanji and even worse, compound kanji (jyukugo). Learning to speak it would be much easier if you didn't mind being illiterate, but that doesn't help you for the vidya.

The US military's foreign service institute has a ranking system for how difficult foreign languages are to learn for native english speakers, which tells you roughly how many hours of study are usually required to become proficient in them.

effectivelanguagelearning.com/language-guide/language-difficulty

Japanese is a category V language, the hardest type. Requiring 2200 hours of study to achieve proficiency for most people.

>* Languages preceded by asterisks are usually more difficult for native English speakers to learn than other languages in the same category.
>Category V: Arabic, Cantonese (Chinese), Mandarin (Chinese), *Japanese, Korean

So it's literally the hardest language to learn for a native English speaker, period.
Nice.

Explains why my attempt to learn kinda fizzled the moment I swapped to vocab mining. I'd like to try again some time, but all I remember are hiragana and I wouldn't know where to begin again.

What kind of filesystem access does Henkaku provide on Vita? I'm not so interested in piracy as much as I am being able to back up and manage the games I already own without dealing with that awful content manager.

Full filesystem access. You can get to your games' files, though I don't know how you'd copy them exactly.

I'm billingual and the other language I know is a high context one just like Nip. Will that help me any?

Any news on a 3ds port of the metroid 2 remake?

Anyone help me with Mario Party 10?

I got Loadiine and Mario Party 10 EU

I have an EU console but when I press OK to launch it nothing happens. I see the ".rpk" loading bar then it's back to menu.

I tried Mario Party 10 US with v16 and renamed the folder but that got stuck on the loading screen