wat do

Other urls found in this thread:

e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2
youtube.com/user/xisantanaxi
youtube.com/watch?v=WLWogZh_CIQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>i have an 07 335i that is completely stock
Oh dear. I'm so sorry.

Drive around at night until you find a sporty vehicle then race them. Alternatively, you could find a local auto group and maybe they race.

Consider suicide?

If you do anything to modify your car you'll have mechanical problems. You bought the least reliable sports sedan other than a pre-2010 audi s4

goodluck

some great advice

thank you /o you truly know cars

can i get someone's opinion on a tune?

want to do either JB4 or Cobb, does anyone have any firsthand experience with either?

also what brand DCI's should i go for

>Coming to Veeky Forums for advice and not shitposting

You deserved this.

is that what people actually do?

just drive around at night looking for races?

seems kinda lonely desu

RONERY DRIVERUUUU

Nobody street races in the US, aside from a friendly highway pull or stoplight pull. It's begging to get raped by cops.

I have a couple of times. We just drive into the country on some back roads and go at it

>wanting to mod an '07 335i

m8 pls make sure your maintenance is up to date and your tarbos are healthy first or you are in for a world of hurt.

Buy a loud exhaust, and some less than mature mids, and drive around at night looking for people who've done the same. One of them will race you eventually.

^this
Cruise back roads at night, you'll find somebody willing to drive like an absolute madman with you, almost guaranteed.
If your leading a pack, do some light pulls to see if anyone's down.
If their tailgating/driving obnoxiously/revving for no reason, chances are they want to race.

Its got 120k miles

Am I fucked? I wanna go fast

Sell it now and buy a civic

maybe.. are you the original owner? maintenance records? If its been taken care of you should be fine.

If it hasn't been taken care of.. i would try to get rid of it.

you can pick up 40ish hp with a tune.

D I N A N
I
N
A
N

There are no backroads

If it hasn't been well maintained you could be in for a lot of expensive repairs. Go here and read all the stickies and shit.

They can be great cars and make awesome power with bolt ons and a tune but if you're a poorfag it's a perilous journey.

I'm risk averse which is why I bought a 328i and said fuck going fast.

e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

>street racing

I hope you die in a horrible accident because you thought that street racing is a good idea.

Keep that shit on the track.

>120k miles
>on a bmw

Hate to break it to you but you're gonna be going nowhere fast, uneless you're prepared to put serious money down.

assuming you even have a track near you. A stop light pull is just easy

So your city only has a highway? with no side streets at all?

Maybe not where you live. There's pretty regular street racing on one particular road out west of the city with nothing around. I've seen probably 100 cars out there on a weekend night.

you posh motherfucker, not everyone can afford to drive 5 hours to a track everytime he wants to put his foot down a little. I hope your life is endlessly boring.

>racing on side streets

Enjoy losing your license, fines and possibly jail time.

lol what
I've owned 5 BMWs and 4 of them them have been 200+k miles and all of them have been very reliable

Yeah basically all you really can do is be out and about. Helps if your car is loud and you are already kinda driving fast/like an asshole. Then just throw some revs and wait. Either they secretly think you are a fucking idiot or they try and line up.

the highest mileage one was a 1999 E46 328ci with 244k miles
I beat on it every day, drifting, burnouts etc and the engine never skipped a beat, even went on a 1200 mile euro trip with it
sold it later, its nearing 260k now still going strong, recently went over a clutch change

Go to a race track you idiot

network, if you're in socal we can go hit some canyons

>nobody street races

kek

youtube.com/user/xisantanaxi

that's what I do. This is how I found where the meets take place. Although I tend to avoid meets now because they are full retards. I drive around and find people that want to do a 20 roll or something

I work for a BMW dealership, though not a mechanic I can assure you that owning an N54 engine with 120k miles is a sure shit way to get fucked.

>you will never be japanese

This

agreed

>nobody street races in the US
youtube.com/watch?v=WLWogZh_CIQ

They weren't lying you fuckboi.
You literally have THE most unreliable 3 series ever made, and that's really saying something. Have fun when the ignition system and your HPFP completely shits the bed.

gross no thanks

>120k miles on one of the most unreliable BMW's ever

LMAO lemme guess; you had your mom finance it at a shady back road dealer at 100k miles.

Good luck with that shitbox. it's gonna leave you stranded a lot.

>07 335i that is completely stock
Sell it and buy something decent

I know at least 2 120+k mile E92 335i's that have never broken down
One of them had 2 owners, the other had 1

>mfw 200K+ on my BMW
>mfw I turbocharged it and am punishing it daily with 18psi of boost
>mfw no "serious money" invested

Were any of them turbocharged?

I know a black guy who raises his kids and doesn't sell crack but anecdotal evidence doesn't disprove statistics you fag

well i was driving a friend's when it started misfiring badly on the highway at 46k miles.

Did you go to the Veeky Forums meet yesterday?

My current 7 series E65 is a turbo diesel if that counts
show me any statistics then dipshit
At 46k the car was still under the dealerships warranty and your friend was probably lazy and didn't follow the schedulded (free) maintenance

>At 46k the car was still under the dealerships warranty and your friend was probably lazy and didn't follow the schedulded (free) maintenance

it was a 2008, and this happened in 2014. pretty sure it was out of warranty, and i cant speak for his maintainence record, but there is no maintainence at 46k he could have done that would have prevented the ignition coils from failing.

Honestly it's widely known that n54 powered bmw's are highly unreliable. I don't know why you are trying to argue against it so badly.

I'm down to canyon.

I'm pretty sure the ignition coils were supposed to be replaced by warranty at around 40-60k
If they weren't, too bad for your friend
Then again, its not some corolla that takes neglected maintenance like a champ

Then just move to a place where you are not so far away from the track.

Err, how much HP are you looking at making?
Also, what motor is it, N55?
Go big single (GTX3076R), get someone to tune it on an AEM infinity ECU.

the HPFP is a recall problem. that means if it blows, it gets replaced for free, even if its past the warranty

its called the Tread Act

>show me any statistics then dipshit

google "n54 problems" yourself faggot. There's a reason they had to issue service bulletins and extended warranties on the HPFP and turbos: They're shit.

It's a great tuner platform but it is plagued with issues. Some people get good ones, some people have gone through like 7 fuel pumps. It's a gamble.

its an N54

with a tune and some DCI's, and some catless downpipes, it can get 400hp to the wheels

FYI you can google "[insert any engine code here] problems" and you will get tons of results for every mass produced engine.

Why are the warranties extended on the turbos? Why are the HPFP recalled? Why does the engine eat water pumps?

I don't know why you're arguing about this, are you a BMW engineer who approved these shoddy components?

thats 8 hours away in a different state.

If you get caught racing all those things will happen regardless.
What point are you trying to make?

Go out into the street, then race someone

Tsuchiya, a lot of his fellow drivers and a large number of the tuning and modding scene that grew up with his generation was forged on street racing.

Getting into 'proper' competition racing is extremely expensive and there isn't realistically enough usable time to get very good. You need daily practice which unless you're a rich playboy or trust fund kiddie you an only get on the street.

Just race on the twisties late at night no policeman cares enough to waste his time, just rotate locations so locals don't call in cops

do what everyone else does: find a mustang, get next to it, rev and go

>-i'm a mustang driver and every fucking person to exist in my city does this. my car is a fucking stock 4.6 v8 from 1997 you niggers, i'm not gonna race you, i know i'd lose

You don't.

Drive around and profile the roads for racing viability, drive around the most prolific roads while going between large parking lots. Repeat until you find a scene.

As someone who actually owned one AND modified it unlike the retards in this thread trying to scare you cause they're jealous

Anyways do it in this order:
FULL maintenence
Tune (jb4 goat)
Catless dp
Intake
Exhaust
Intercooler
Lsd
Big single
Radar
Buy better car