After years and years and years of working my ass off...

After years and years and years of working my ass off, I am finally in a financial spot where I can afford to buy myself something nice. A little treat to reward myself.

I want a weekend car. Something fast. I cant break the bank (so no Bugatti lol), but anything under 300k is easily doable.

Problem is, I've never driven a sports car before. I don't even know how to drive a manual.

I absolutely not want to be one of those douchebags who drives a Ferrari and crashes it around the first corner they hit.

Is it possible to transition straight to a high end sports car if I'm not a complete idiot? If not, where the fuck do I start? I'd contact the dealerships but I don't trust them to give me the proper guidance. My friends tell me it's super easy but not surprisingly non will let me test drive their toys. Not to mention most of them have owned several fast cars before buying their current toys.

What the fuck do I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7I7fKq9cCCc&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=ioar-1O3HHQ
thecarconnection.com/overview/lamborghini_huaracan_2016
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

porsche 911 turbo, maybe one of the easiest cars to drive and still very capable, if you want somethng more exotic and easy audi r8

audi r8 sounds like a good option, 4wd to keep you out of ditches and trees.

Why spend so much money when you can just get an old civic, throw in a couple mods and dust these bitch lambos all day

Why spend so much money on an old civic when you can just get a mustang, throw in a couple mods and dust these bitch civics all day

Why spend so much money on a mustang when you can just get an m3, throw in a couple mods and dust these bitch rustangs all day

Yes, it is possible.

As a learner, i was driving my mate's 458, plus a fully tuned skyline GTR i bought after i was more comfortable.

Just have respect for what you drive and understand exactly how it will react (eg: RWD kicking out on you if you do something dumb)

Bread on bank statement or get the fuck out.

Just no. Fuck off.

Spotted the guy trying to be edgy to fit in the "super sekret club".

Haha, why the imagination exercise then? Just make the thread: What would you buy for $300k?

Pathetic.

Lots of new shit is DCT automatic, so you could operate it without knowing how to shift. With that said, if you know how and when to shift you'll get fun more out of it.

Learn shifting on a cheap beater first.

>Look at me i'm being an asshole for no reason
>Do i fit in yet?!!

Bloke's just asking for advice. Anyone getting legit bothered and asking for proof is autistic.

It's not like he's making a claim about owning something or w/e

2nded

How is asking for the slightest amount of proof this guy can actually take action on our advice edgy? It's not like I asked him to kill himself or something.

Spotted the gullible fucking idiot

Nissan GT-R. All wheel drive, nice power for the money, can be tuned/modded to be better than something three times its price, decent auto transmission with paddle shifters, and best of all, it's a practical daily driver.

Hi there, OP

inb4 teenagers start suggesting 90s JDM garbage and suggesting all the stuff he can swap into the car to make it halfway decent as normal car that costs the same and comes with the shit already.

I've never had a problem proving something with grain products in the past. I never believed in the summer Veeky Forums influx of idiots, but the past few days is quickly changing my mind.

This is malaise-era bait, avoid

>automatic

kek

Shelby GT350R

youtube.com/watch?v=7I7fKq9cCCc&feature=youtu.be

youtube.com/watch?v=ioar-1O3HHQ

>Is it possible to transition straight to a high end sports car if I'm not a complete idiot?
yes, although I would go with AWD.. so lambo of some sort, audi r8, or 911 turbo.

With 300k to potentially spend, id look at something in the 150-225k range and keep the rest for maintenance and repairs. Any exotic, luxury, or halo upper niche vehicle will devalue faster if all services aren't performed at a dealer or authorized service center and the car must be as close to stock as possible (maybe a wheel swap or vinyl wrap). My suggestion would be:

Audi R8: AWD, available V10, bland looking.

Lamborghini Gallardo: Better looking R8. Seriously the drop top is gorgeous post refresh.

Mercedes S65 AMG: Luxury and speed with enough tech to make your head spin while nearly driving for you.

Jaguar XKR-S: Fastest XK to date and somewhat rare. Inexpensive relative to the rest of the list.

Lingenfelter Corvette C6: Very scary to actually drive at more than 1/8th throttle. Extremely tail happy. Use extreme caution.

Ferrari 458/488: Good looking, decently fast comparatively, handles well. Has Ferrari tax and the ownership is shit if you aren't invited into the special group.

Rolls Royce Phantom: Stunning to see and a step above the Mercedes in every way except for speed.

Porsche 911 Turbo S (or GT2): AWD (GT2 IS RWD), very fast. Can actually be daily driven if you wanted to as visibility is good.
GT2 is the Turbo turned up to 12 and can be a handful.

Aston Martin Vanquish or DB11: Classy GT car that has a lineage. Looks good, drives well, V12 sounds nice. Somewhat slow, but is a GT car primarily.

Aston Martin V12 Vantage S: Biggest engine in the smallest car. Cannot keep up with a 911 Turbo but most agree it looks better. Still quick.

McLaren MP series: Better on road and track than the Ferrari 458/488 but not quite as good looking imho.

Make your own decisions, but my personal choice would be a 6.0 6 speed Lamborghini Diablo VT (1999) and bank the rest for a down the road TT setup when the V12 alone gets old.

OP asks for a safe driving, and you sugest a 520hp rwd mustang that is allergic to car meets

modern ferraris are easy to drive, but are still edgy when pushing, but that torque plus rwd might have nasty surprises

with 150-225k you can buy a brand new huracan

Buy a house you retard.
>b-but I already have a house
WELL GUESS WHAT FUCKWIT HOUSES DON'T RAPIDLY DEPRECIATE IN VALUE UNLESS NIGGERS LIVE IN THEM UNLIKE CARS

dude, it's his money, what the fuck is your problem?

Civic with a few simple mods

>that torque plus rwd might have nasty surprises

i just think that at some level you are going to have to chance it.Perhaps he should track it a few times to help a little. It has all of the nanny gadgets that help, if you want them on. I think OP can handle it because I think I could handle it after taking it slow. The closest thing I've driven to it is an SW20 MR2, which is not even in the same game.

MSRP is 240k, and if he is spending that type of money, he'd want a look at the options list and a specific color. Lightly used ones can be found closer to 225k, but the Gallardo would be a better starting point as most can be had for 100-175k, the pricier being pristine extreme low mileage examples. Not saying he cant get a Hurracan, but the Gallardo to me at least looks better.

Buy a rare M3

If you have that kind of money you can afford a day at Skip Barber or some other racing school. Not sure if they teach how to drive manual, but it is all but guaranteed to make you a better driver.

Depending on what car you choose, many makes now offer track day lessons. Porsche is famous for this. Some guy on Reddit just flew to Germany, bought a Cayman GT4, took it to Porsche's track with Porsche experts, and then drove around Europe for a week before shipping the car back to the states. If I had $300k, that's exactly what I would do (although I would buy a 911 GT3).

My problem is OP is a fucking idiot, you double nigger.

>After years and years and years of working my ass off

sounds like you wasted a chunk of your life, OP, and what for? so you can now buy a toy you'll be tired of within a few weeks?

that type of goal-instead-of-system-oriented thinking will just drain your life away

if you're wealthy now just invest in something that can make you happy, some start-ups, cool projects, even if it won't pay off that much (or at all), you can help younger people, meet and bang chicks, network with people and lead a happy life. if you really have the money, wasting it on a car would be just silly

Nothing scares you into learning fast than an older Viper ACR

Why spend so much money on an m3 when you can just get a bus pass, throw in a couple discounts and you have cheap and reliable transportation year round

the 580 starts at 199k, plus its rwd which is not the best for beginners but its the best huracan
thecarconnection.com/overview/lamborghini_huaracan_2016

1. Spend some time reading Keith Martin's Sports Car Market. Familiarize yourself with what is expected to hold value while still being driven. Garage queens suck, but there's also no sense in buying a $200k Merc that will lose half its value in 10 years.

2. Choose something a few decades old that is special and gorgeous, but not quite fast enough to be a widow maker.

3. ????

4. Profit

(pic semi related. I'm sure there's something comparable in the $200k-$250k range)

you can have the same experience in the porsche north america center which is in atlanta (i think) they have a racetrack and driving courses

>If you have that kind of money you can afford a day at Skip Barber or some other racing school.
This. Go spend some time at a high performance driving school to decide if you really want to blow LOADSAMONEY on a fast car. If sports cars aren't your thing you can just buy a nice Mercedes or Lexus and spend the rest of your money on travelling or something.

If you don't want to try a HPD School, then do this .
The GT-R is fast as hell, comfy enough to DD, won't make you look like a huge yuppie douche (like a European exotic will), and won't get you killed.

>nothing kills you faster than an old Viper
That being said, I love Vipers, but having driven my dad's boss' 1st gen, I can say that OP would be in a hospital in a month.

Even the R8 seems intimidating to me. To give you an idea, I'm currently driving a Lexus RS330. Cars have never really been high on my priority list until now.

I was toying around with the idea of getting a Mazda Miata and buying some track time.

That's what I'm leaning towards. I'm also trying to calculate costs of maintaining.

A friend of mine has one in his garage but I'm not a fan of the aesthetic, unfortunately.

Thanks for this list! The 300k is taking maintenance into consideration.

The biggest thing for me is I've never handled a car with a big engine before.

I'm wondering if I would be better off getting a smaller car and learning to drive a manual car on a track. My friends tell me driving a slow car fast is much more fun than driving a fast car slow etc etc etc. Several of them have track cars and I'm sure they'd be willing to loan me one.

My biggest fear is that I'll have a car that just decorates my garage. I want to be able to enjoy it. To drive it. To be honest I haven't even contacted dealership yet. I don't even know how that whole process works.

I made my money in real estate, so I got that covered.

I've actually looked into this, but I have a feeling I'd get better experience if I drove a manual car around for a while.

Realistically, I just can't see myself driving a 200k+ sports car without any experience. I love the idea of it, but I just don't think I'd enjoy it as much.

I've asked myself this. I worked weekends and holidays, missed many birthdays and important engagements.

It was completely worth it. I'm pretty much set for life and I have all the time in the world to do the things I've wanted.

I don't think my wife would be happy with the idea of me banging chicks XD

A race car is could perhaps be better for you if you really enjoy driving and only really want to do it on the weekends. Check out a skip barber race school like recommended and see how you like track driving first of course. Depending on what you get it could be a tad bit costly to matain, but imo it is far more enjoyable than something you just use to flash off to people instead of actually enjoying.

All these replies to an imagination thread.

Ahhh, summer is finally here!

out of curiosity, what do you do?

>A friend of mine has one in his garage but I'm not a fan of the aesthetic, unfortunately
Well the GT-R is literally the car you're asking for so you might want to rethink your feelings on the aesthetic.

If it were me, I'd be getting a Factory Five GTM with a LS7 in it or a twin turbo Viper but really putting 300k directly into a "fast car" is a recipe for disaster any way you cut it. You should really be thinking 3x$100k cars.

Yeah just never turn off the traction and stability control unless you want to become Porsche girl

what about an elise or an atom.