Overpriced ?

Overpriced ?

Other urls found in this thread:

enginetechnologyinternational.com/news.php?NewsID=36368
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no mine was a bargain

"supercars" made with shared parts, some of them having being designed for a Seat Ibiza and you ask if they're overpriced?

>paying that much money for stripped audi which is badicaly vw with leather
>lambo is actualy volkswagen with stupid body and itallian badge and reliability

>lambo is actualy volkswagen with stupid body and itallian badge and reliability

VAG is a fucking GENIUS when it comes to marketing their dozens of brands they own and they make sure to do (just enough) to make them look like they don't even come from the same Manufacturer (at least to their average customer anyway)

I assume they let their brands innovate on their own and if they reach a road-block they can just grab something from the VAG parts-bin.

VAG themselves have also contributed to the growing number of VAG tentacles reaching into everything. For example, they made the VW Pheaton which i believe was the basis of some Bentley cars.
>nobody bought it as a Pheaton
>re-badge and change the exterior and interior around and BOOM sells like its from bentley themselves.

Imagine if they grown so large and consumed so many Auto-Manufacturers that they controlled almost everything and had access to almost everything.

What could the combined parts of all that make?

>What could the combined parts of all that make?
6 million holocausts

>What could the combined parts of all that make?
Wasn't the OyVeyron basically this? Take all the tech from all the brands you have, then add more engineers and build a quad-turbo W16-powered 400km/h hypercar?

>uses the same wiring connectors as a skoda fabia
DROPPED

I thought that was more about how BTFO the entire American car industry was at its release.

hahahahhahaha you said vag

VAGs genius move was skoda.
they could use existing group parts and no one complained they made the product worse.
and those czechs take real pride in their work

Samefag as here

And I've got nothing against their commercial attitude and marketing.

What is ridiculous are the pompous faggots crying to the winds how they got a superior product with their rebadged VWs.

VAG group itself, they're doing business and they're doing it very well.

Yet despite all that any brand they touch slowly but surely turns into a fastback bug.

Would someone really care about cars made in garages that you need to be a contortionist to enter, have 5 point harnesses and none of the commodities of a Veyron?

Come on... They're on different leagues. And marginally beating a car that can go 400Km/h while having AC/GPS/leather seats/(de)humidifier/double windows and whatnot...

well yeah, that's why they get made idiot

You're missing the point. The Veyron was made to be the fastest and most luxurious.

They don't care about the americans and their glued on cars.

who doesn't? you said ''would someone really care'' and obviously someone does care if some american hick went to all that trouble of scamming people to fund his overpowered elise

The American might have had is jimmies rustled. But for no reason. Bugatti doesn't care about him nor the potential costumers even overlap in any choice whatsoever.

you didn't say bugatti, you said ''someone''

You're retarded.

>marginally beating

Actually all Veyron production models are limited at 415kph so the gap is a little bit bigger, still marginal but I just thought I'd chip in.

And I agree with you otherwise, but koenigsegg is where its at, after all its not the one using an AMERICAN transmission unlike the *cough* german veyron

not at all, you just cant handle the mental gymnastics you weak cunt

>say stupid shit
>get called out on it
>cry

So a mid-engined V12 supercar that's set a record lap at the ring is just a rebadged VW because it shares some parts in the AC and infotainment with a VW? Think that through.

ye

>record lap
>couldn't beat a decades old austrian car

whelp

what american transmission is that then?

No need to damage control so hard. There wasn't any mental gymnastics there. If anything you failed to comprehend the relative value of the word someone. As someone who buys a Bugatti and Bugatti themselves give a shit about some sloppy american car.

If anyone made a fool of themselves, it was you.

Cunt.

>KOENIGSEGG AGERA – STANDARD

So what? Still doesn't have the pedigree. And it won't have because of what's behind it.

That's wrong. Supersport goes over that limit as the new editions also go.

The Veyron uses Ricardo transmissions. British made.

So chip that in where the light doesn't shine.

>DOES SOMEONE LITERALLY SOMEONE ANYONE CARE ABOUT THIS PIECE OF SHIT
^ your question
>ye
^my answer

not a big deal really, are you autistic?

>KOENIGSEGG AGERA R

You can't even compare the conglomerate behind Bugatti and the stand alone brand that Koenigsegg is.

DSGs are american

>The Veyron uses Ricardo transmissions. British made.
so a non american transmission?

You sound like one. Having trouble understanding simple semantics is an autism trait.

>supersport goes over that limit

Proofs
What I can compare is one being an amazing machine and one being an outdated pig hiding behind a lie ;)

nope

>It was designed by BorgWarner
>Headquarters Auburn Hills, Michigan, USA

swedesegg > some heavy VAG tripe using an AMERICAN tranny

> "Ricardo plc is a British publicly listed company named after its founder."

Any doubts?

Wrong.

> "The Super Sport version of the Veyron is recognised by Guinness World Records as the fastest street-legal production car in the world, with a top speed of 430.9 km/h (267.7 mph)."

Wrong.

Bugatti works with Ricardo.

enginetechnologyinternational.com/news.php?NewsID=36368

obviously are if you miss the fucking post kek

here let me help you out

^ your question
>ye
^my answer

deal w/ it weak cunt

You're def retarded.

>"The Super Sport version of the Veyron is recognised by Guinness World Records as the fastest street-legal production car in the world, with a top speed of 430.9 km/h (267.7 mph)."

Not what I asked for and you know it. Prove to me the PRODUCTION models are not limited to 415 as you had previously claimed

lol

The cars used were production vehicles. Piss off.

not at all kek

again until you overcome your autism or fear of being #btfo on Veeky Forums

^ your question
>ye
^my answer

>koenigsegg is where its at

Speaking of Koenigsegg, its eerie to think an American engine once powered the Fastest Production Car (briefly claimed by Koenigsegg with the CCR that used a 4 valve Ford Modular until the Veyron initially released and took the crown)

now you're desperate, stop humiliating yourself

Nice dodge you fucking mongoloid.

Go be butthurt somewhere else.

Nothing to be butthurt about m8, Veyron's shipped to customers have an electronic limiter of 415kph, that's about it.

Koenigsegg fanboys are usually the same type of people who learnt everything they know about cars from Engineering Explained.
Babby tier newfags

>says this on Veeky Forums

i'm not, you're on my hook and i literally crushed you from the get go, now i'm just applying salt to the burn, its okay tho, stay strong

And? Veyron has the top of pops when it comes to tire technology. The brand limits the car for safety, Michelin doesn't guarantee anything above that limit. Would it be sensible to be liable for some millionaire fucking himself up going for the maximum speed the car can achieve?

Oh wait, the american retards do it on regular comercial tires. Sure they have safety in mind.

>And?

Nothing to it, I'm just stating facts.

delusions of grandeur? hooks? crushed?

lel top kek m8

you're actually quite stupid... some repression feelings there?

just basking in the glory of another argument won on the internet ofc

hows that burn tho? stay strong

just to clarify i'm not the same guy who you were talking too... just chimed in

you're trying to hard to damage control...

are you tipping your fedora while you type your comments?

Np. Point still stands though.

Most cars are over-priced to be honest. The average car or truck only costs like $10-15k in components to the manufacturer (not counting R&D, labor, marketing, etc). The profit margins are even wider for highend luxury cars and sportscars.

What point? That the Veyron indeed can go faster than 415?

>muh fedora damage control

toppity top kek but are you desperate

its ok. apply it to the burned area and stay strong

Wrong. Currently the profit margins on new cars are in between 2 to 3%. They make their money on maintenance, replacement parts and whatnot.

Sure. None of the ones the customers have can though.

Are you even aware that you are being mocked? That's not quite the attitude someone "burned" as you put it would assume.

You're delirious.

are you though? i did it from my first post but you still cant grasp it, should i repeat it?

Hardly doubt that. Some goof that can spend that kind of money on a car sure knows and affords to have the limiter removed. And I can easily imagine that being done just for bragging rights.

If you care to keep on humiliating yourself. Go ahead.

Nah doubt the average rapper/oil baron cares, and even if they do the cars still ship limited.

Literally what the fuck is being argued here again? i lost track.. also y no smug anime girls.

Because a Porsche 911 is the exact same as a Lamborghini Huracan

And you should brush up on the concept of irony.

kek sure as long as your buttmad keeps flowing
just teasing his autism and i would have rofl but i'm on phone ;

well someone has to take money from somewhere and besides for those with oil who gives a single fuck abt 2m. When if youre a skilled driver u can build a decent car for 100k and win with no problem, I think its more about the luxary but the HP are good too.

The niggers sure. The oil barons on the other hand, I'd have my doubts.

poster from

dude, as I see it you're just making a fool of yourself

>assmad koenignog fanboy detected

Why? Old farts that just buy gold plated multi million dollar cars and cruise them around london/dubai. Doubt most would even risk a top speed run, shit at most you'd expect it from their sons

only ass that was mad was ur mums after i came in it last nite

lol j/k tho but is it?

As with anything there are always some owners that use their stuff to their potential and some that just have them to show off.

Just a minority or it would make the news more often. I mean imagine if the average veyron customer did it.

funny how the anchluss worked out in the end but just in an automotive way.

Still cant beat toyota the poor sods :(

Hardly doubt it. That kind of people don't want publicity or attention.

Actually you're wrong.

Even the SuperSport comes with that special key thing.

Using it and it unlocks the car for the 435 or what it is top speed he manages to go.

Since you've being arguing with that other guy, feel free to Google it.

>Currently the profit margins on new cars are in between 2 to 3%

Yeah, maybe after you factor in things like worker salary, cost of development, safety testing, affiliated paperwork with validating the VIN and making the car legal to sell, and keeping the lights on in the plant, then sure. The actual total cost of components is far below the a vehicles MSRP.

And highend manufacturers like Porsche and Rolls-Royce make a killing in the profit margins for each vehicle sold.

Yeah, but cars don't magically appear done. Those are costs you have to include.

>not road legal
whats the point

might as well buy a GT3 car since its probably cheaper and faster

>Let's make 20 of an otherwise street-legal car and charge over a million dollars more than a Veyron simply for the privilege to drive it on a track

Wew lad

Did you just take the movie screenshots and then went to mspaint and added the facts?

how the fuck does this piece of shit thread has 88 replies

fucking summer

Porsche is kind of an exception, a lot of them have almost no relation to anything VAG, and are actually well engineered and uniquely developed Porsche products. For example 717(boxster), 918, 991(911), panamera etc

Not the macan and cayenne though, they are VAG, and are just terrible cars masquerading in genius marketing and styling.