How often do you fill up your gas tank? I normally do it when it's half tank. Anything lower makes me nervous

How often do you fill up your gas tank? I normally do it when it's half tank. Anything lower makes me nervous.

1/3 is my limit. But I drive a 2.4l I4 cuckmobile so I dont have to fill up that often.

I fill up when it's 3/4 full. Because I can.

Once a week. About 200-250 miles

STAND UP

Every 2-3 hours.

Not even joking, i get less than 200km to a tank of e85.

when it hits E or sooner if I'm planning a long trip or am in bumblefuck.

If you hoon on anything more than 1/4 of a tank of fuel you're a sillyboy.

every 4-5 days or 350-400 miles I let it get low enough for the light to come on occasionally. But I use torque pro to keep track of my dist to empty.

When it's cheap or when I run out whichever comes first

I fill up when my light comes on.

currently I get gas on my way back from work at Costco every Wednesday, I usually have around 0-20 miles left before "empty" unless I drive somewhere during the weekend.

You at least got it tuned for e85 right?

i wait until the amber gas light comes on because I don't go anywhere

Of course.

It just DRINKS.

Till my butthole clinches tight after seeing the needle cover half the red line.

I'll usually let it go until the warning light goes on. According to the manual when the light comes on there's ~2 gallons left in the tank, which is more than enough to get to a station.

I typically refill at 2/4ths. That means about 160-180 miles left.

I've heard horror stories of clogged injectors because of all the solids accumulated in the lower part of the tank get sucked in the motor when you let the needle hit the floor. Is it true at all?

sediments and whatever else at the bottom of the tank would be at the bottom of the tank regardless, you have a fuel filter for a reason; although yes this /can/ happen.

on some older cars you can also risk overheating your fuel pump as it is cooled by being surrounded by the wasoween in the tank.

Whenever the car tells me I've got 50 miles left on the tank I'll start looking for a gas station. Sometimes I let it go a while longer if I know I won't use it all going where I need to go. Think I got it down to 14 miles remaining once. Some time I'd like to get a gas can and just drive it until it runs out and see if it actually runs out at 0 or still gives you some to spare.

>Gas gauge basically on E
>Fill $5
>Slightly above E now
>Drive for a couple days
>Rinse and repeat

at 1/4th my car sometimes won't turn over so i always fill up before then

If i know i'm going for a spirited drive then i fill up regardless

Only if you are rocking a 300,000 Mile old fuel filter and it breaks. So keep your shit maintained and it won't happen.

heh, i ran the piss out of a friends F150 when it was at 0 miles to E.
I drove it about 60 miles back to his house and he was able to get fuel in it the next day.

>spirited drive
>i fill up
but then your car weighs more.

I figured it was super conservative, it's a 2014 Mustang GT with a 16 gallon tank and the most I've been able to squeeze in it at the station is about 13.2 gallons.

>15 miles after the yellow warning light
>Refill the tank until it clicks
>wait 30 seconds
>click it again

Reduces lean issues in my car due to fume leakage from the cap

Ten miles after the refill light lights up. And then I just refill up to half tank because sometimes other people in my home like to use the car and then if I had filled the tank completely they would just empty the tank and leave it for me to refill again.

Nice tip. I usually shake the car a bit, but that sounds better.

I go until it starts to stutter. I like to try to get farther on each tank. ~450 miles is my record

bullshit.

fuel tanks have pickup filters, and a high pressure fuel filter.

if shit is getting clogged, the fuel tank should have been cleaned ages ago.

fuel gets slushed around, and any particles swirl around all the time.

thats what the pickup filter is for.
anything that gets passed gets cleaned by the high pressure fuel filter.

i've seen some dirty ass fuel filter, and slimy tanks.
just regular maintenance folks

Generally fill up at 1/4 tank (150 miles) but sometimes I'll let the gas light go on so I can fill up in the afternoon rather than take a couple minutes out of my morning commute. Once the gas light comes on I still have 4 gallons left, so I can easily make it home and back once but I don't like to risk it.

I only like to fill up from the "good" gas places like Costco and Mobil one . reluctant for shitty places
And I like to go as long as possible, like 1 gallon or less left, I like feeling the less weight in the car even if it isn't shit and it is just me mentally thinking the less weight makes a difference
I forgot what that is called something like mental gymnastics or bias or something

Run it near empty then fill it up with along with fuel injector cleaner

I try to do it at around 1/3-1/4 tank left
Often though I don't get around to it until the light comes on

Whenever gas is cheapest that I see it

Literally on E all the time. E still has like 2 more gallons on my car, and I never go past half tank because that's weight I don't need.

I literally am the cheapest cunt to ever live, but I've never run out of petrol before.

The closest I've gotten is to the point where when you turned the car from off to accessories, the needle for the fuel gauge didn't move at all.
Must have been on like 100mL.

I let it get down to 1/4 tank. I don't feel any desire to spend time at the gas station, If I filled it at 1/4 down (still 3/4 full), that would be 3 visits to the gas station as compared to just one visit if I let it get down to the 1/4 tank mark.

I put gas in my car right after it starts cutting out when I make left turns when I'm broke.

Otherwise I just put gas in it when it's low.

what do you drive?

I get ~250km a tank of E85 in my Evo which has a 45L tank afaik

I've never had less than a quarter of a tank ever, in any car I've owned.

>2.4l
>cuckmobile

2.4 is not small by any means .Have you heard about 1.6 or 1.2.

he is talking about bmw z4 with body number e85, not octane number xdd

my car says 80 km range left.

will probably fill it up tomorrow

I once put 70.5L into my car at a fill up.

The tank holds 71L

When it beeps at me. I rarely drive outside of where I usually drive, so I know where the nearest petrol station is. Even then, my home and university are only 15 miles from each other and the car beeps at me when it says I have about 80 miles left, so I could do a round trip even in the red and still be fine

If I have a long journey I'll refill it

I once had a car run out of fuel, chug out and die just as I pulled up to the pump.

It was seriously satisfying

You're a special kind of retard, aren't you?

I've had a car die 500 feet from the petrol station on a main road with a right turn into the station (UK)

It wasn't satisfying at all

>those cunts that won't let you turn because they need to get 5ft closer to the traffic lights

Protip: don't drive on a quarter to zero full tank consistently.
Trust me, I once had my fuel pump broke in the middle of nowhere, wasn't fun

>tfw driving 1.2l 4cylinder 1989

>e85
>octane number

e85 is equivalent of like 100 or 105 octane, it's 85% ethanol.

I do pizza delivery full time so I get gas every 2 shifts, or every 2 days. About $350 per month in fuel getting about 22mpg.

There is no reason to fill to full other than laziness. I fill to about 3/4 and refill at 1/8ish / low fuel light. Low fuel light on my accord means there's a gallon left.

If I wasn't doing delivery I wouldn't fill over half ever besides roadtrips. 17 gallons of fuel weighs a fucking lot.

30 gallon tank, usually let it get down to under the E line, and then put whatever $20 gets me in it.
Rinse and repeat

That weight does fuck all to your fuel economy. But you waste more time and fuel driving around to petrol stations filling up.

I had to change an in tank fuel pump on a Volvo 240 after buying it from a teenager who lost her licence. Guaranteed she was doing that shit constantly.

Just fill your tank up fully then drive it till it's empty as possible. Less fucking around.
Don't worry about your injectors. Look inside the fuel tank of your lawnmower next time you run it dry. It's literally only the last 500 ml or less that has all the rubbish in it and even then your fuel filter should take care of it

I get about 35-40mpg so when it gets to 1/8th I start thinking about filling up, when the fuel light comes on I know I have about 20 miles to fill up before I'm empty.

16 mpg and I wait until the engine starts making funny noises.

Never really let it go below half, and I always fill on Sunday evenings as its cheapest

Every time I'm at Costco or the fuel light comes on

>Normally
When it starts beeping
>Long trip
Before and After

A friend drove his mom's Kia Picanto 3 cyl 1.0 for 2-3 years claiming it was a perfect city car. Still remember how fucking bad it was.

>Comes to pick me up one time
>Winter, wet snow everywhere
>Have to go up a 20 degree hill with me and him inside(170kg or so total)
>Had to rev to like 5.5k in first just to do it.

And his mom bought that car for like 5k euro second hand just because it was only 2 years old... fucking disgusting.

Yeah but imagine having an emergency and having to go somewhere fast and your car's tank is borderline empty.

Never let it drop under half a tank, it's not like you lose any money doing it.

Once It reached the last notch before E. And I fill it up the max (until the pump clicks on its own once)

Only when its on the red, or when im on reserve

>it's not like you lose any money doing it.
You save money by having a lighter load, so you're better off keeping less in and refuelling more often.

That's dumb.

Every day.

I'm not joking.
Seriously, every fucking day.

You are driving a 3 ton vehicle. Having a couple of 10's of pounds less of fuel will save you a negligible amount that it's not worth the few pennies you save in a year.

>3 ton
My car weighs under a ton though.

Usually at 1/4 tank.

I don't want the fuel pump to become unsubmerged and overheat.

like once per two-three weeks maybe and when the fuel light comes on

I fill up at lower than 1/4.

The simple reason being that the lower weight means better performance and fuel economy all around.

Once it gets to below 1/4, then I'll fill it as soon as I remember to; usually the next day.

I don't want to stir sediment up, but I also like the handling and acceleration between 3/4 and 1/4.
1/4 tank is pretty much 150 miles, so that's plenty of wiggle room.

>truck is supposed to gross 4 tons
>put 3 tons in it so am grossing 5 tons
>point at 30 degree hill and floor it
>in crawler first
>foot to the floor
>start loosing speed going up hill
>oh shit am ded
>tfw just make it before she stalls out

I'm keeping tabs on my mpg, so I go from Full to Reserve light EVRY TIEM

3 ton is 6 thousand pounds.
10 gallons of gas is 60 pounds.

learn maths please.

This

>change from 1.4 petrol to 1.6 diesel bluemotion
>mpg is hardly any different

where the fuck are muh em pee geez?!?

That the thing with low displacement cars (at least for me). I try to squeeze as much power from them and that means high revving and shit MPGs. That's why after my civic I changing for something bigger, where I can go fast without forcing the engine too much

I let the fuel run down to where the needle is halfway between the 1/4 full and Empty mark. There is no need to always have a tank nearly full because I would be carrying around a lot of extra weight. Over the entire year, you're going to lose a bit of mileage due to that weight.

The main reason why I bother to fill up to full is because I write down my mileage. That's one of the aspects of how I keep track of how much wear and tear is going on with the engine and powertrain. If I see a sharp drop in MPG then I know something is wrong. If I wasn't keeping track of such stats, then I'd never really fill more than half full because there's no need to carry extra weight to cause more wear and tear and loss of mileage.

For those afraid of grit in the last little bit of fuel, you know, you could just let it run right up to Empty and then siphon out the last bit of stuff in the tank to see if there is dirt in it. Then pour in that gallon or three of gasoline from your external gas can and drive to the gas station to fill back up. That way, you've siphoned out the dirt or sludge in that last bit of gas at the botttom of the tank.

No Hello Kitty branded gasoline. But Hello Kitty motor oil exists...

Any large SUV easily ballparks 6k+ pounds. A Hummer H1 can get as heavy as 8k pounds. A Lincoln Navigator is about 6k pounds itself.

I tend to keep it near full, but as a pizza boy I do 20 miles one night, then 150 the next so I have to be ready for that shit