Whatever happened to compact trucks? I mean I love my "bigger is better" 'murrikan pickups as much as the next guy...

Whatever happened to compact trucks? I mean I love my "bigger is better" 'murrikan pickups as much as the next guy, but sometimes you just want something small

Other urls found in this thread:

news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/04/is-the-regular-cab-pickup-doomed.html
allpar.com/trucks/dodge/lil-red-truck.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

According to this article, it's something to do with fucking government regulations: news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/04/is-the-regular-cab-pickup-doomed.html

The government sucks cock.

that sucks.

I miss compact pickups.

>tfw sports truck never again

like where the fuck did this idea come from even.

They can achieve the same gas mileage while being bigger, which is the main advantage of a smaller truck

Small regular cabs are only comfortable if your manlet too. I road in a couple RC rangers, can't believe so many people on Veeky Forums suggest them. Those things are a shitbox with a bed, shit quality with anemic power. The reason the S10 and rangers aren't around anymore is because they really just suck ass, no one wanted to buy them

>Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab with a footprint of >46.4 square feet must achieve 32.8 mpg in >2017, and 45.4 mpg by 2025
HOLY FUCK
Cars have improved fuel efficiency by a lot since the 70s but if 30 years cant beat that level of increase, what do they think is going to happen in 10?

allpar.com/trucks/dodge/lil-red-truck.html

In Australia they're called utes and they're still popular, although more people are starting to fall for the bigger is better meme.
> you will never do hectic skidz with an HSV Maloo

Ranger is coming back in 2019
Have fun with your shitvic

Pretty much. Why buy a ranger when a F150 gets the same fuel economy and can tow twice as much?

I loved trying to chase around NSXs in Syclones in the Forza games on tracks like Tsukuba. shit was a blast.

I wish Coupe-trucks (as they are also called in the US) were still a thing like they were with the El Camino which was just a Chevelle with a bed.

there's this thing called the used car market
and this other thing called importing

obviously the used car market is there, but id like to see new compact pickups being made is the point. As a thing, they stopped being.

then there's the Subaru Baja.

IMO, the Baja is underrated

Question: Does the weight of a truck determine how stable it is when towing? Because I dream truck of mine would be a small, yet way over-engineered truck that had a small yet functional bed/footprint, but had a relatively massive towing capacity.

But I'm not sure if the weight of the truck adds to the stability of the truck. I usually need to tow things. But I don't have much use for 8 ft beds, and even the "smaller" ones are still huge (albeit very cool). I would buy a ranger tomorrow if they could build one with the towing capacity of a modern f150.

yes weight and wheelbase help
i think with a 5th wheel/gooseneck setup it's less of an issue
judging by heavy commercial trucks that is

It's a race between fuel efficiency and safety. They have to cut weight for fuel consumption benefits but also make the car more safe and you can't cut out so much weight that the entire car crumples on impact.

Shit is gonna get crazy soon with off the walls designs and ideas.

But how will they make cars more fuel efficient when the government requires 1000 pounds of tracking and data mining surveillance equipment?
This doesn't add up. I'm good with my 90s SINGLE cab hardbody. Fuck all that 'new car smell' and 'reliability'

because its all bullshit.

its easy to demand 1billion MPG while adding tons of computer equipment.

it was never about fuel efficiency or anything, it's about making cars more complex and less user friendly, until eventually, it drives itself and the government can see where to, and if need be, make it go somewhere else.

You mean making every fucking vehicle available a hybrid crossover to meet those regs? I fucking weep for the future of automobiles

Diesels get better mpg than hybrids.

I think you should have to get a driver's license qualification just to drive full size trucks. So many fucking retards cause accidents just because the vehicle is too big for them.

No the requirements for a license in general need to be tougher. If you know how to drive no vehicle is too big honestly. I can maneuver a 1 1/4 ton box truck or a truck with a 25' trailer better than some people can maneuver their compact in the walmart parking lot

If the compact truck law passes, the Hilux would be a great hit.

Hardbody is love. Hardbody is life.

Never been a huge fan of the Baja, but then again I wasn't a fan of the third gen Outback either

They should've resurrected the Brat instead

>Pant, pant, pant, pant, *collapse yawn* pant

Say what now?

is that the pupper?

I honestly just miss the boxy aesthetic, cars look too much like melted gumdrops now, which is stupid given I know that it is about wind resistance and safety and shit but still.