My father owns a 2013 Honda Civic sedan...

My father owns a 2013 Honda Civic sedan. He recently retired so hes been looking at getting himself a brand new truck as a retirement car.

I need a commuter car so i want to buy his Civic off of him.
How much should i offer?

Hes not deadset on getting a car anytime soon but if i buy the Civic from him he can use that money as a down-payment.
Hes the Original owner of the Civic and has had it dealer maintained and its still under Warranty.

$4800

suck his dick for it

G-guys

If anything you own him money being a leach

But im not a basement dwelling robot.
Im an employed normie who makes good money.

$5800

It's an ex so probably 13000$

Pic in op isnt of actual car but looks like it.
Ill double check the doorjar in a little bit when i go run errands

It's a piece of shit with a CVT. If it has a manual it's just less of a piece of shit.

Buy something more interesting.

Want to know how I know you're a child?

>buy something more interesting
>for a commuter car

There's no reason to subject a nice / fun car to the wear and tear of commuting to work on the highway or sitting in stop and go traffic. You buy a cheap, reliable, boring car with comfortable seats for commuting, then you take your fun car (or motorcycle) out on the weekends when you're driving to have fun.

This.
I subjected my truck to commuting for 4 years and 85k miles later it needs alot of small things replaced.
Id rather buy the Civic and have that for commuting then start restoring my truck.

I'm not a child. Why would you buy a civic when you could get a used volvo or lincoln with cooled seats, a much quieter cabin/nicer stereo, and more power. I'm not telling him to get a miata or some shit.

Also, if you're sitting in traffic everyday it'd be better to do it in a comfy car.

The Volvo, at least, will be more expensive to do repairs / maintenance on here in the states (especially in my area where there are no Volvo dealerships or shops that regularly work on them nearby). The Lincoln will use more fuel than the Civic will more than likely.

Because my father bought it brand new, its been serviced at every single recomended interval, and is in very good condition overall.
It gets 35-38mpgs and its pretty fucking comfy.
Im sitting in it right now

The cvt will make you want to kill yourself. If you care about cars at all you won't buy it.

Its an A/T and its perfect for being stuck in bumper to bumper traffic

But how often are you stuck in traffic? It might be ok for that but when you want to have some fun it kills it.

>fun
Nigga you are an idiot.
Im not buying this for fun, thats why i specified "commuter", and im stuck in traffic everyday

Well then offer him your balls, faggot, because it's obvious you aren't using them anyway

>not using them
>not knowing how you were conceived

>reading comprehension

You need to rethink your life if you sit in traffic everyday.

i have a 2015 honda civic and i sit in 2 hours of traffic everyday i average 36mpg

the 2013s dont have cvts they have a 5 speed manual or auto