Maserati GT - Talk me out of it

I'm looking to buy a nice, sportive car.

Not going on Trackdays and it needs to have 4 seats and a trunk, as i'm using as a daily driver.

Right now i'm looking at a Maserati GT from 2012 ~ 30km ~ 60k$

Seems like a good deal to me

Only other options i can think of are Porsche 911 and Nissan GT...Both do not appeal to me

Any other ideas/suggestions??

Any known issues with the GT??

inb4 BMW...For sure don't want...

the rear axle will literally fall off the car while you drive it

Rear Axle issues?

Please elaborate!

Just making sure that you have the financial standing to cover any unexpected expenses, right?

Maseratis are legendary for breaking down, expensive repairs, and needing a long time in the shop. I don't know the specifics of the GT issues, I'm mainly going off rumor and anecdotes from people I know who have owned newish Maseratis (they all regret the purchase due to reliability issues to put them mildly).

Do the back seats need to be big and usable, as in adults can comfortably sit back there? Is your budget around 60k?

For a grand tourer I'd look into BMW 5 and 6 series. You could get a used kitted out m6 for 60k and have it be much more reliable and easier to maintain than a Maserati, though it won't look as good and probably won't be as fun to drive.

The only issues i've heard about are rear suspensions problems on the first 2008 models...

There was also a recall on these.

But that was an isolated issue with a first few cars and should be no problem on a 2012 car.

My budget is actually around 120-150k...but the GT just seems to be such a good deal, that i can't find a proper reason so pass on this one.

The rear sets need to be big enough to hold a children safety seat and the occasional adult passenger.

Most of the time the only person sitting in the back will be my son in his safety seat, though.

I'm not into BMW's..While they're for sure great cars, i'd feel like i'm a fuking dentist or lawer if i'm driving a BMW

....Anybody else ??....or is the rest of /o to poor to be able to have any experience with reasonable cars?

I have a GTR, it's not as flashy, but the back seats will be way more usable.

Faster as well and comes with AWD.

How long do you have the GTR already?

Any issues so far?

Happy with your choice?

IIRC some of the first models also had troubles with clutches on the DCT, like extremely fast and premature wear and very, very long and expensive repair job.
The issue was supposedly solved for later models so your choice should be safe, just beware of the oldest ones if you keep on searching for other GTs.

Other than that the car is absolutely gorgeous, the only thing I don't like is the audio unit that clearly comes straight from a decade earlier and still has the 4 holes for quick removal (read: quick theft).
The whole central console actually looks dated and cheap as fuck, but the audio unit is the worst, just look at it goddamnit, it screams FIAT from every angle.
Other than that, the car looks and feels fantastic

Forgot pic

Check out the 2016 Chevrolet SS.

miata is always the answer

Dodge charger with a body kit. High powered fiat

It's a very nice body kit though. Very sleek.

Do you care if it is new or used? Aston Martin is in your price range which I would look at before buying a Maserati. Similar performance numbers with vastly improved interior for probably around the same price depending on the model you want. You could easily get a big NA V12 which would be a joy to DD.

Who are you trying to impress?

Mazdarati are for people with more money than sense. Don't expect to sell it for anything close to what you pay

I know a man much wealthier than you who owned a new GT from that generation for less than a year because he got so sick of it going to the shop. Not something I'd be into even if I could afford it, and certainly if I'm in a financial position to buy a used model.

The GTR would be a much better option.

All Maseratis are unreliable overall, and their repairs are borderline robberies.

Clearly you dont know much of anything about cars though, so I recommend you shut the fuck up and get something much slower, because people like you shouldn't have anything fast, and especially rear wheel drive. Knowing how cars work plays a big part in being able to drive something fast without hitting a minivan full of kids.

Putting other people's lives in that much danger because you wanted to be cool in your fast car is not okay.

I know you're going to ignore me anyway, because that's what ignorant people do. So have fun killing yourself by hitting a tree faggot.

I can smell the retardation from here.

>Knowing how cars work makes you a better driver

Newsflash: a lot of professional racing drivers have no idea what happens under the bodywork of the car they drive, they just know the physics involved in driving a four wheeled vehicle.

Now repeat after me:
"There are people with more money than me that can afford funnier gadgets than me and I'm not happy about it"

>Newsflash: a lot of professional racing drivers have no idea what happens under the bodywork of the car they drive, they just know the physics involved in driving a four wheeled vehicle.

Bullshit, that's just somthing people say to make themselves feel better.

They have had thousands of hours of practice on race tracks. but still, almost all of them have a very decent knowledge of what their car is doing.

And on the whole jealousy thing: I'm more than content with my current life. I would be extremely happy for you if you knew a thing or two about cars, and didn't come to Veeky Forums for advice. I'm very happy that you're successful, hell buy whatever you want, but when you're on the same roads as me and my family in a car you can't handle, then it becomes an issue for me.

Ask yourself why it's so cheap? They depreciate like shit for the reasons listed above.

It's the "I'm too rich for an Audi but still clueless about cars" brand. Hell, even an Audi would be a better choice. RS7 packs plenty of power and it's got enough space to fit the family.

I know how my car works, race yet am not a pro. I would not want to drive a mazdarati fast after driving it around the block to valet it. Its a shit car. I would take an s4 and a race car over it. Audi had a better chassis, better interior and better longevity for the same price new as the mazdarati used. Mazdarati a shit.

Thanks for the "more reasonable" answer

I've also heared about the issues with the first model year but it really appears they fixed this rather fast.

The Audio/GPS unit is a bit dated, that's true...but not really a dealbreaker in my book.

Sorry...no Redneck Crap

I'm looking for something used, 3Years +

All these Sportcars loose a lot of value in the first 2-3 years, but you can always get some nice examples with low miles.

I've checked out the Rapide V12...Very nice, but i personally like the looks of the Maserati better.

You think there's big difference in reliability?

>he doesn't realize it's a rebaged australian car

Your mom...She loves to suck my cock when i come over in a nice car as she can't stand the look of your dads shitbox anymore

Actually...The point is just that these 4 year old ones already dropped more than 60% of the original value already.

I doubt it'll drop too much more, when i drive it for another 3-4 years.

Don't worry about my finances...

But i'm curios..which issues did he experience?

Was it a 2008 model from the first series or already the updated model?

>we have to share a planet with people like this

The trust fund life must be treating you well huh?

so just offhand I had a client who bought one of these, he said none of the shops near him would touch the car, so getting services done was literal wallet rape at the dealer. He told me his 30k service was something like 5 grand.

So if you are tight with an indie shop or have a lift and can work on it yourself it could be pretty neat. They sound the tits.

If you are ok with spending that cash on maintenance then I'd look at jags or astons as well.

That must be the smell of your sisters sweat...i haven't showered after i banged her this afternoon.

Can't complain..Thanks

>I don't have a sister

lol just stop trying, everyone on this board is already laughing at you.

All Gran Turismos are automatic, you are thinking of the QP and earlier coupes/spiders

Gran Turismos are 90% Ferrari, 2013+ is the new FCA nonsense

I don't really like the Gran Turismos, drove one for 30 minutes or so today for the first time in awhile, not that comfortable, not that fast, they do look nice though. The control layout for nav/ac/radio/etc. is the worst on any car I've ever seen hands down. Let's be honest though OP, you aren't going to buy one. There's 2-3 threads a day on Veeky Forums about "I'm going to buy this expensive car," in many years I've never seen it happen. Are you going to be the first? Of course not.

Like a year, no issues. They fixed the glass transmission problem with the post 2013 models, get one of those and they're amazing.

You won't regret it.

Disreguard these, i suck cocks

I have seen the receipt for the 30k service on the used one.

It was around 1400, give or take...At the official Dealership

For sure not cheap, but still within the same range of other cars of that level

Are service costs for a Nissan GTR comparable or do they tend to be closer to the costs of the other "small" Nissans?
How about costs for Spare Parts?

JK I cant even afford a maserati, i just wasted ur guy's time

That sort of console is inexcusable for a 3 figure car.

What do you think how i made the money to buy the car?

Ask /biz... cocksucking is the only answer

1st off, they have a backseat like a Porsche has a backseat; it can only take midgets, children, and triple amputees, one at a time.
They are a big headache. It rattles, loads of little problems, idiotic dash button layout and takes a rocket scientist to do stuff like set the time.
But, if you can put up with the downsides, it sounds great, looks great, and has some nice power. The main problem with them is that they lose value at an incredible rate, be prepared to sell it in four years for a third of what you payed.
Test drive an M3/M5/M6, then tell me you don't want one you bastard.

>I doubt it'll drop too much more, when i drive it for another 3-4 years.
These cars will continue to depreciate til rock bottom and all the while you'll continue to pay exotic maintenance bills for the exotic car. Expect it to plunge to less than $50,000 in value and stay there.

>All Gran Turismos are automatic, you are thinking of the QP and earlier coupes/spiders

Don't they have a double clutch? That's what I was referring to

Never mind. My wife says I need a minivan for her son

Small update, I'm going to forgo the minivan purchase, but my wife says that I need to buy the Maserati GT for Mr. Jaquavious since he'll be moving in with us soon. I'm so excited :D

>Bullshit, that's just somthing people say to make themselves feel better.
If you say so m8

>They have had thousands of hours of practice on race tracks. but still, almost all of them have a very decent knowledge of what their car is doing.
Which is what I said, knowing car dynamics is one thing, knowing how the stuff inside a car works is another.
Drivers generally know very well the first, but not so much the other. Go ask any gentlemen driver, even those running in top series, if they know what a slip angle is or how a double wishbone works, let me know how long they stay silent before trying to divert your attention on something else.

>And on the whole jealousy thing: I'm more than content with my current life. I would be extremely happy for you if you knew a thing or two about cars, and didn't come to Veeky Forums for advice. I'm very happy that you're successful, hell buy whatever you want, but when you're on the same roads as me and my family in a car you can't handle, then it becomes an issue for me.
I'm not OP, your post just reeked jealousy because it automatically jumped on the good old "you are rich therefore you have no idea what you are doing therefore you should take the bus because rich people have no idea how to drive" logic which is wrong on so many levels you have no idea.

>Nice, sportive car
>4 seats and a trunk
>A good deal

Corolla.

i laugh every time this thread comes up

ask yourself why this is a "good" deal

Hey now, I said I was going to buy a $60k+ 991 911 and I did.

>mazdarati

Whenever I see a Maserati pass me on the highway, I roll my windows down and hope to god the driver floors it because they just sound so amazing.
I also heard/saw a new V8 Jag XKR do donuts around a roundabout outside my apartment complex at like 4 in the morning recently. Kind of an asshole because that was the scariest noise ever to wake up to, but once I realized what was happening I ran to my balcony and cheered
sorry for OT, just do it OP

They break down. Dont. If youre that rich that you can afford them to break down all the time, then why not?

JAAAG F-Type V6S. You can get one with 15kkm for around 55k€ here.

but that's mazdarati

MAZDARATI BETTER THAN KIA RIO CONFIRMED COTYAY

This kar better than factory mazdarati

my dad actually drives a 2014 Maserati GT-

I can tell you, the back seats are pretty tight.
The interior is alright, not the strong suit, but 100% live-able.

The thing drives like a beast. Put it in sport mode, and it screams like nothing I've heard before. I can hear it from about a mile away, and I'm not kidding. The 2014 has a Ferrari designed engine inside of it, not sure about the 2012, but this thing really makes noise. But take it out of sport mode, and the suspension eases up, and the thing just purrs.

Overall,

I'd say buy it if you can. The only issue is reliability. The damn thing is in the shop about once every two months. Computer errors, cabin issues, you name it, this car has problems with it.

But it's so fucking fun, it's all ok.