What's Veeky Forums's official verdict on the Chrysler 200?

What's Veeky Forums's official verdict on the Chrysler 200?

I drove one today and the ride was exceptionally nice, since I'm used to driving shitboxes from the last millennium. I drove the sport version with paddle shifters, accelerated smoothly though the gear selecting knob was pretty weird. In sport mode it was alright however with paddle shifters.

>used
>2014
>sport package
>all black interior, black rims
>6 cyl AWD
>23k sticker price
>16k miles
>7-year/100k mile warranty
>apparently was the dealership owner's personal car

It's a lot of information for someone new to car buying so I'd like it if Veeky Forums would help me out a bit. The warranty and price are pretty tempting but I don't know much about financing.

What's the verdict? Is it a good deal? How much should I put down if I want a payment around $350/month and I want it paid off in 3 years or less? Is Chrysler a good brand? How much should I worry about depreciation?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_9HP_transmission#Applications
cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?shopperListingsSearch=20763901
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>FCA
No.

I'd rather get an Accord, Fusion, Mazda 6, or just about any other sedan in it's class before buying a 200.

The Fusion Sport and Accord V6 are pretty fun. If you can find a Mazdaspeed 6, they're fantastic cars, if not the regular Mazda 6 GT is pretty great.

Well, user you're gonna get a lot of comments that say "FCA is unreliable" or comments relating it because they are true.

Well, reading multiple reviews on the 200, I feel the features are the best bang for the buck, and most who've driven it complained about the lack of refinement, that transmission etc.
I don't know, if you really like the vehicle, think a lot more, watch more reviews(user ones too); research a lot and then buy it.

I sold some guy at the hospital weed, he had a chrysler 200 in the transmission shop getting the transmission inspected after it failed 15k miles ago. It seems it's a chrysler which means the transmission is a wear item.

I liked it, it was comfy, AWD (which is rare in midsize sedan segment) the only problem was the transmission. FCA does not know how to do one.

>fca
>worrying about depreciation
>boring midsize sedan
Why do you want such a boring car? Everything new and everything in this segment is boring as shit.

Really nice car with the V6. If it had a Toyota badge buyers would be flocking, but Chrysler has such a history of failure in that segment nobody gives it a chance.

They source the transmission. It's in a bunch of vehicles: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_9HP_transmission#Applications

Acura[edit]
TLX (V6 models only)
MDX (2016- models)
Chrysler[edit]
Chrysler 200
Chrysler Pacifica minivan (gasoline-only version)
FIAT[edit]
Fiat Doblò 2015-on
Fiat 500X
Fiat Toro
Honda[edit]
CR-V [4] (2015-on European models)
Pilot (2016- (optional, 6-speed automatic standard)
Jeep[edit]
Jeep Cherokee (KL)
Jeep Renegade
Ram Trucks[edit]
Ram ProMaster City
Land Rover[edit]
Range Rover Evoque[2][5]
Land Rover Discovery Sport

>since I'm used to driving shitboxes from the last millennium
the greatest thing about the 200c, and most FCA products in general, is that you don't have to wait 15 years for it to become a shitbox.. it will do it in just 3 or 4 years!!!

Well 'LOLFCA' aside, let me crunch the numbers for you on the financing real quick

Let's assume you get them to get you out the door for 23K (so I don't have to figure tax and fees), and let's figure a 5% APR based on you having good but not great credit.

23K @ 5% for 3 years/36 months = 689 a month

Now you said you wanted 350 a month

At 5%, you would need to finance about 11,500 dollars to get a 345 dollar a month payment, so basically, you'd need to put half the sticker price down as a down payment (23,000-11,500=11,500)

As far as it being a good deal, I will let you take a look at pic related and judge for yourself:

So it seems the general consensus from Veeky Forums is

>FCA

and that their transmissions suck. But wouldn't the 7-year/100k warranty cover that? If the transmission will fail early in the car's life, which according to Veeky Forums and FCA's reputation it definitely will, won't it be covered?

Or does it sound too good to be true?

What I'm getting from your pic is that $23k is too much. What can I use to bring their price down, especially if there are no comparable offers in the area?

Also, my dad will be cosigning, and on his most recent automotive purchase (2014 Dodge Dart), he got a 4% interest rate.

If you're going to pay 350/month it's better to buy a used 2014 E class or a4

You can find used 2014 a5s in that price range

cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?shopperListingsSearch=20763901

i think it should be a dodge. the dodge intrepid. 200 just sounds so cheap and what's wrong if it's a dodge? al bundy likes dodge, al bundy is fucking awesome

The thing with warranties is, you are at the mercy of the company/dealership underwriting the warranty, so you have very little in the way of recourse if they try and screw you around on it.

Is the warranty being offered through the dealership? If so, s it being sold as a CPO warranty, or an extended warranty through a third party underwriter?

And yes, your takeaway from that picture would be correct. Question one, do you have 12 grand to put down? Question two, how set are you on that car?

If your dad got 4 on his own, then 5% would be a decent educated guess for what you are likely to get with him as a co-signer

I'll ask about the warranty when I save up money for a down payment. I was thinking 20% but I want to keep the term payments low and fast, so it'll have to go up.

Also, I'm not fully set but it seemed like a good deal so I don't want someone else to buy it up.

My dad got a 4% rate cosigning for my sister, not on his own.

>>FCA
>>worrying about depreciation

Do Chryslers hold their value very well?

>boring
I think any car from this millennium is exciting because I've driven a small truck for a year with a 0-60 of about 15 seconds.

No. They depreciate the fastest or second fastest after Nissan.

New cars are shit. All the midsize sedans are the same cars with different front and rear fascias. They all have zero feel electric power steering, too much safety bullshit, tiny windows, and handle mediocre.

>Automatic
>Chrysler

Not a fucking chance.

>2014
>23k sticker

That dealer is on drugs. It wasn't 23k new. Look, a 3-year-old 200 will sell for $12,000 at best. You'll get beyond raped on resale the day you sign the contract. You may as well lease a 3 Series at that price.

For a serious suggestion - how about a Mazda 6? Go to cargurus.com, find a good deal. $15k is quite doable on a 2-3 year old 6.

So how do I get him to lower the price? How does that work?

>too much safety bullshit
>safety
>bullshit

I'd rather not die because Stacey decided to text and drive in her luxury SUV her parents bought her. It doesn't have any bullshit like lane-keeping stuff, the worst it has is blind spot sensors.

That interior, power and AWD are super appealing OP. I considered getting one of these once upon a time.

I'd reccommend you make sure the warranty is in order though because that transmission is a disaster.

He has the year wrong LPG. The 2014 didn't have available AWD. A 2015 S package was available with it and stickered for 30k+ new.

Source: I work for an FCA dealer in a managerial capacity, but still sell to old customers on occasion

I could make a really long list of way cooler cars you can buy for $23k.
But you're probably a normie who's gonna go "b-but it's too old" so I won't.

See
23k is maybe 2k high at most for an AWD 200S. If it has the full leather group, 8.4 with nav, etc. it is a decent deal out the door.

7yr/100k sounds like they just certified the car. I can go into details but the only stip is a $100 deductible. Also worth noting is you can upgrade that to a full lifetime unlimited bumper to bumper for about 2k. Covers everything but basic maintenance, wiper blades, tires, and brake pads/rotors.

The trans is the main issue but expect ZF to issue a new trans to all 9 speed 2015 models within a year or so. The 16 Cherokee is well sorted as is the latest 200 FWD. Haven't had a 2016 AWD for a while so cannot confirm there.

I am

pic very related.

If you have to get a 200, just get a Dart instead.

Once depreciation hits them a little harder, I'm snapping one up.

>300 hp
>AWD
>dat interior

Yes please.

>if you have to get this car, get a much worse car instead

It was leather, not sure if it had nav though. It was also certified pre-owned if I remember correctly.

About the upgrade thing is that available everywhere, or do I have to ask for it?

>issue a new trans to all 9 speed 2015 models
is this true

eat a dick and die, faggot