/aog/ - Attorney Online General

Dead edition

>What is Attorney Online?
It's an virtual chatroom/courtroom mix we use to perform improv AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Logic Battles and more!
Come join us on our server, Attorney Online Vidya!

>The Main Reference Doc (contains downloads, rules, faqs and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit?pref=2&pli=1

>Gameplay footage?
Streams typically run in the evening, US time. You can also check out recordings of previous cases via guardlytheguard and lawfuldickish on twitch.

>Role Guides
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Guides

>Quickstart Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

Other urls found in this thread:

puu
youtu.be/CT-2_wdaZd4
docs.google.com/document/d/1YDlzipx6h8Dkuh8GtK2LqPfpSPA3QJqD8UAMFcjpcyU/edit?pref=2&pli=1#
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Keep this one alive please

AOV is dead. Forever. -_-7

from what I've seen of this game it looks like a clusterfuck all the time

Just roll with it and have fun.
That's what AO is for.
Some have sadly forgotten this..

you are correct

Don't worry, /aog/. The despair from this dead thread is merely a stepping stone to allow an even brighter hope to shine through!

What is your favourite opening case?
I like Turnabout Trump the most.

3-1.

Sets the stage for the entire game with the most cohesive and well done story arc in the entire franchise.

Do we need a bot to constantly bump the fucking thread?

Dumping ZTD was working. But then I stopped cause it might have annoyed some people.

It's still better than namefag drama imo.

Just don't bump ZE that much in such a short period of time.
People might turn against it.

Did chiaki's swimsuit emotes get removed from the ini for some reason?

>for some reason?

"Meme" emotes shouldn't be in the ini anyways.

>That fucking head...

P R O P O R T I O N S

Well what about cammy kyoko and lauren's emotes. Did we remove them as well?

Lauren's bikini emote was replaced over an actual emote.

speaking of, if you add an excluded by default emote to the ini but it's in the files originally will other people be able to see it

ie furio's emotes with the suit

Of course, why else would they be there?

i dunno man, i'm stupid

I don't see your point.
Never have I said I'm okay with other meme emotes.

Don't worry man, never hurts to ask.

When will my time come again?

Don't die already

You all haven't noticed it have you? It's not hard to track one of you down. We are friends after all. And friends have sort of a... connection that no object can get in the way of. I am simply in love with the ability to find you all whenever I wish! So sad when you guys don't want to play... Tsk tsk.

I'm running out of potential playmates! But don't worry! I have plans to visit a couple of my friends on the Eastern Coast real soon!

I hope you'll play with me! Hah! What verdict shall we rain down together? What awaits is mostly unknown, but do know it will be fun!

I'm not saying that you are. I'm saying if we remove one joke emote we should remove all joke emotes

>In the eastern coast
Come at me you silly cunt, I'll put you in the fucking ground.

On another note, I have been getting more bored of cases recently. It's like whenever I sign up I just suddenly get really tired.

Take a two week break.
Play some survival horror games and come back.

Where the fuck is Jinxie and Lbelle rippers?! All I've seen for like 4 days is Susato and not much of her.

A man A dream A meme

Feenposters get out

Did that user ripping Jezail ever finish?

Oooh! We're going to have a fight? I just love the idea! I even have a chance to create my own cool wrestling persona! What a great idea!
Tsk he was so close, but sadly our playdate came before then. I'm afraid he won't be ripping anymore.

This is legitimately kinda creepy.

If you're going to kill me make it quick, I have things to do.

Bump with cancer killing the server

puu sh/qvKwL/2ce507bd0d.zip
new automaf generator, now with the ability to remove or limit the possibility of lmao3tracker

A-am I pure AOG?

No.

FURRY

Purely shit desu senpai

Kill? No no no. We're going to have a playdate. Do I need to spell it out?

P-L-A-Y-D-A-T-E

When I think of killing, It's not directly linked to playing. But alas breaking one's heart is a biiiiiiiiiig no no! Humanity has created it's own laws, as have I, and those who break laws should be punished. But who decides who broke the laws? Why the courts! Everyone has a chance to defend themselves! I for one always love to play by the rules, and when I play I always let my play dates defend themselves in my little court of fun!

I have to get on with the trip now. Oh how you'll miss my words. But don't fret, you'll hear from me again in

48 Hours

I'll make sure to take a picture of two of my travels for you all to see! And then maybe I'll finally find someone worthy to go up against in my court! Tata for now!

Listen I don't even play Defense, so how about we just get to the Guilty part.

>I for one always love to play by the rules

You can't leave before you explain what the rules are.

A-am I cute atleast...

Fine. Every human is guilty of a sin. My playdates revolve around that sin. In 24 hours I will meet with someone and charge them with one of their sins. I always give them a chance to defend themselves in my little court of fun, but often they simply do not wish to play by my rules, which breaks my heart.

Rule Numbero Uno! Never break my heart!

Rule Twombero Dumbero! I always give my playdates a chance to defend! No matter what! If they decline that's on them!

Rule Three! Yipee! If they successfully defend themselves in my court of fun, then all is done! But if they fail in the end, they are no longer my friend.

I suppose in 48 hours you'll hear from me again if my playdate didn't go well. They never do. It makes me so sad really! With my magnificent words I'll include a picture with a hint to the location of my latest playdate! Anyone who's in the area can go and gather all the evidence they want! VIP access to my attorney roleplaying friends! Oh and don't worry about evidence getting taken or messed with. Anyone who's not among my friends who enters the area will get a strong talking to! I assure you of that!

After a week, if someone in here feels they have the evidence to face me in court and win, then onto Attorney Online we shall go! If you beat me in court, then you got me! You win! If you can't then I'll know who all's next to schedule a much needed playdate with! And remembeeerrr. My love for you all is so strong that no matter where you are my love will guide me to you!

Those are the basic procedures and rules for this game! Again, I really do have to go, but hopefully this leaves you with a more... concrete understanding? Goodbye friends! I hope to play soon!

...meh

No.

This'd be pretty neat if it was real.

kill me first desu

As I said several times, I know nothing whatsoever about this controversy.

However, I know you, and I know your works. I don’t know you personally, but I recognize your uniform, your battle cry, and I know under what banner who march.

Who are you? You are the boy who cries wolf. Because I hate lies, I have very little sympathy for people like you, whose petty, pathetic, empties lives revolve around spreading slanders.

At this point, I would far rather the boy get eaten by the wolf that bestir myself to go once again out into the sheepfold to see for myself whether there is a wolf there or not.

Did you really, honestly, actually expect any reply from me aside from the back of my hand, you loathsome worm? Did you think to deflect the conversation into a discussion about me and my character? I am bemused at your arrogance to think such foolish tactics would work here. I have nothing but contumely and despite for you and your lazy, lazy parroting of politically correct falsehoods.

No, with utmost contempt for you and yours, I decline your invitation to do more research. I have been on the receiving end of you and your maggot horde of lies in the past, so I feel it is not worth anyone’s time for me to pick through the vile wee bugs, one by one, this time, again.

Does anyone want to case?

i'm down but only one area is casing and it's full, everyone else is mafia-ing i think

So it's not happening, guys?

What case had the best timelines?

hopefully there'll be a nitekrew case soon

maybe people will eventually take initiative and get one goin after people get done in the arcade

the case going on is nitekrew, it only started an hr ago

3-1 was good, 4-1 was good.

However after 4-1 I felt a sense of "God dammit this shit again?" because it felt like they were setting Kristoph up to be the big baddy throughout the whole game just like Dahlia was. So I was really pissy to play through all of AJ after the first case and have my thoughts ring true when Kristoph is the final boss.

They could've tried something that would've shocked everyone that led to the dark age. Like what if some big shot forensist was forging his reports and shit to get away with crimes etc. But nope the Dark Age was just Kristoph and Phantom.

What a bunch of shit.

I don't mind. I'll be hanging around in area 2 just in case.

>want to get back to AO after a two week break
>game keeps crashes

Guess that break is extended

Try updating your OS. It always fixes it for me. Maybe if you weren't such a fucking triple nerd it wouldn't crash.

I was just about to do that, it always fixes it for me too, not sure if I'll be able to case tonight, I'll try to help build though, nitekrew a best

buuump.

good server lewdton

DED SERVER
DED GENERAL
DED GAME
DED EVERYTHING

Lewdton when the fuck are we getting new servers.

When is Yuzuko getting added in? I think she'd add a lot to the game in a fun and sexual way.

FRENCH

BASED

SERVERS

When is Komura getting added in? I think she'd add a lot to the game in a fun and sexual way. She even has her own "Objection!" straight from the anime and an optional transformation.

Fixed Apollo's buttons, anyone else have any characters they want buttons fixed for?

Where the fuck is the one man case video, it has been too long and I want to watch that shit

Dude, the guy uploaded the case like three days after the case happened.
Where've you been?
youtu.be/CT-2_wdaZd4

Did he ever announce that he uploaded it? I never saw it either.

He did.
In Lounge

ah yes, the place everybody is 100% of the time, and can see the archive of to see if he was ever there.

Nah, he's a good guy. Should have done it in thread though, he knows how hype that was.

When you stop playing like Shadow Yosuke and start playing like Actual Adachi

Threadly reminder to eat, /aog/.
Eat at least once a day.
Remember to archive your cases on the wiki archive too!

AO IS UPRISING
PLAYERCOUNT IS UP
HELL YEAH

Guy who uploaded the video. Sorry, I've had bad experiences posting videos in thread before. I'll make sure to do it in the future.

Remember to check the strawpoll document as well.
docs.google.com/document/d/1YDlzipx6h8Dkuh8GtK2LqPfpSPA3QJqD8UAMFcjpcyU/edit?pref=2&pli=1#

The general consensus seems to be that cases are longer and more boring. Well I believe I have an idea as to why. It's three major things.

>Everything's too formulaic
It's not hard to miss how much of a rut the standard murder trial has gotten stuck into. There's certain elements that people insist all cases have, whether consciously or not, that make cases too similar to each other. Every case is a full acquittal or bust, every case must have a detective and the AOV Standard™ amount of witnesses, every detective cross-examination must end in requests (which is ridiculous in it's own right, but that's another story), every postulation and accusation must be a full blown theory with motive, means, opportunity, the kitchen sink, and a nice little bow to wrap it all up in, and NEVER EVER try to end the trial early. Not to mention how every witness cross-examination must go on until you've found "the contradiction", not taking into account what comes next, which brings me to my second point

>No one knows how to segue
If you look at the AA games, as well as some of the earlier good (and short) cases, you'll notice that people don't spend hours arguing a point in a circular loop of bickering that spirals into eternity. They instead segue into their theory, counter-argument, call for next witness, verdict, whatever it is, and the whole thing advances. And while the lack of people being able to segue (as well as their opponents not allowing them to) is bad, it would be much easier if it weren't for the fact that...
(next post)

ah yes, the threadly "I know what's killing cases so I'm gonna repeat the same things everyone else before me said."

>it's not improv, it's pre-written in the dark
This is probably the biggest problem. What kind of trials have we been doing for the recent past months? They sure aren't improv, considering every witness testimony and opening statement is supposed to be written before the trial even starts (as one of the earlier mentioned rules), and it definitely isn't pre-written, since there isn't someone who wrote everything by themselves who knows what the fuck is going on. No, this is worse than a pre-written, it's a pre-written where everyone is hiding facts from each other. The worst offenders are this are witnesses, especially "mystery witnesses" who say fuck all about themselves until their literally up on the stand. In the early days, you would know who the witnesses were, what their deal was, and the general gist of what they were witnessing. Now, no one knows what the fuck the deal with any witness is, and the time up to their reveal requires the court to walk on eggshells so as not to disrupt their "established facts" that they've told no one else about. This is especially apparent whenever the murder call comes up, because it always ends with the prosecution and detective going "ask the witnesses" when neither of them even know if the witness is going to fucking answer. Everyone's bending over backwards to avoid "boxing a witness in", when they should be fucking rolling with it anyway. It's improv.

>>it's not improv, it's pre-written in the dark
this so much.
Witnesses need to give the gist of what they're going to be witnessing so we're not going in like the blind man in the world of the deaf.

Also, small side rant. Detective became a staple role in order for there to be a non-biased source for confirming asspulls and theories, but now it just regurgitates facts and spends time that could easily be shortened by the prosecution explaining the case themselves like they normally do in the games. Hell, if you want to stay true to the games just have the judge announce all asspull test results through a "bailiff" delivering the results, or hell, make someone the bailiff and they can deliver the results themselves. No need to waste time that could be spent on witnesses.

Thank you to anyone who took the time to read and consider my autistic rant

Holy shit this guy hit the nail on the goddamn head
Improv to improve. Do things on the fly.
People shouldn't be establishing, they should be de-establishing. Saying, FUCK IT, WE'LL DO IT LIVE
Not "Fuck you for ruining my perfect keikaku I told nobody about whatsoever"

Those are some good points but honestly I think the major ruiner of cases is Dangan Ronpa

Here's your (You).

Can we post more Zero Escape memes?

Is Snaikku the most depressing person to ever have been involved in /aog/? He keeps complaining and insisting that his problems are more important than anyone else's, he hasn't cased in months, probably never will either. All he does is sit on the circle jerk discord and whine whine and complain about the state of cases when he doesnt even try to get involved in them. I bet he's the asshole behind all the shitposting and all the drama.