Radar scramblers

so, how legal are they, how well do they work and what would be the best one to get? cus, i'm about to buy either a subaru BRZ, honda s2000 or a mazda rx-8 and im going to drop an ls1 in it, whichever i get and i feel like i will get waaay too many speeding tickets. also, will a radar detector work in combination with a scrambler?

Other urls found in this thread:

v8s2000.com/forums/showthread.php?8-STICKY-LS1-Vs-F20C-WEIGHT-DIFFERENCE
businessinsider.com/which-states-are-flown-over-the-most-2014-10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They're legal in 49 states in the US.

Exception being Virginia. Nobody cares about Virginia because it's a shithole flyover state.

Actually misread, scramblers are illegal in California, Colorado, Illinois, Minnesota, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Utah, or Virginia.

Being caught using a radar jammer commands a federal offense.

LIDAR or laser jamming on the other hand is legal in most states.

So if i live in comifornia and don't want my car impounded what would be an alternative?

get gud

You'll have to try really hard to surpass the speed limit in an RX-8 or BRZ. So just buy those and not the S2000 and you're set.

Use a radar detector and Waze, and don't get caught. Otherwise, don't speed like a madman through towns/speed trap areas.

Talked about this in my physics class, apparently to make this possible it'd be unwieldy, big, impractical, and expensive because science.

i'm putting an ls1 in it and a t-56 trans. if you don't know, that's a V8 corvette/camaro engine.

Obvious answer

Looking at mr2 turbo
>inb4 oversteer

A radar detector i could only see being useful for mapping out highways and finding where the pigs hide out. How much time do you have to slow down before that signal reaches back to the gun?

> i'm posting bait threads on Veeky Forums. if you don't know, that's what i do every day

Get a bel sti-r and an ALP system with at least 4 heads 2 front and 2 back and you'll be good

lol unless you have a good chunk of money to have a shop properly do the swap or have extensive experience yourself, it's not going to happen.

>i'm about to buy either a subaru BRZ, honda s2000 or a mazda rx-8 and im going to drop an ls1 in it
Every 16 year-old says this.

i do have a shop and this is something i plan on doing over a longer period of time. i'll probably drive the rotary for around 6 months before i have the money for the engine and trans.
im 20, but whatever. when i was 16, i only ever wanted a 69' camaro rs/ss. but then i realised that will never happen because i don't have that kind of money. i can achieve the same speed though if i build a ricer, which is much cheaper, so i went with that.

>radar jamming
>ls1 swap

sure is summer in here

you know it would be easier to go find some trans am, camaro or corvette and get practically the same performance for better value.

the only years for those i can afford will be post 1970 and i find them to be terribly ugly looking. but i like the looks of the BRZ and rx8 and s2k. if im going to drive a sports car, i want it to be really pretty, otherwise i would just get a foxbody mustang.

Thats suggesting you drive the RX-8 six months without totaling it. And sorry to be so critical but if you think shoe horning a 5.7 into a car built with what is roughly something like a 1.6 is the economical solution, you probably dont yet have the skill and experience to properly drive any rwd sports car with enough power to get you in trouble.

The motors cheap. Fabricating motor and trans mounts, rewiring the car to play nice with a new ECU, getting a Chevy drivetrain to fit in a Mazda chassis isnt.

Neither for that matter is sorting the suspension and brakes for almost twice the stock car's power and the shift in weight distribution.

Of course, there is the used C5 Vette which already has an LS and goes cheap on the used market, but dont let me interrupt your fantasy.

>speeding tickets
>LS1
might get a ticket for blocking traffic lol

i drove my father's 67' camaro for three years without a scratch, i think i can handle it. also, i've seen it done. it's not THAT hard. i also find the c5 vette's to look awful. it's either gotta be really old or brand new. i like the new corvette, but that's damn near 60k, which is absurd. also, the BRZ would support an ls1 no problem. which was another option i quite liked, though it was the more expensive of them.

R129 SL500 is pretty an cheapish

Oh to be a stupid teenager again.

>300whp
>slow
choose one

pic related its my crate ls1

This fucking thread

>LS1
Why not an LS3 or are you a gigantic faggot?
>i'm about to buy either a subaru BRZ, honda s2000 or a mazda rx-8
You are a gigantic faggot

i mean, i guess as autistic as most 4chaners are, it's understandable that you can't read what OP said. fucker is 20. which i guess isn't that much of a difference, but still isn't a teenager anymore.

Why not just get one of those cars and keep the stock motor?

You have to keep in mind you're posting on Veeky Forums where everyone drives 500+whp street demons.

Yea sure OP is 20 just like I have a 12 inch cock that ejaculates 100 dollar bills.

ok, first and foremost, this car needs to be pretty. then performance. i want it to be fast, sound good and look good for not a fuckload of money. the sl500 looks like a box on wheels. the only way i'd drive one is with a misha designs widebody kit.

because the wenkle is shit, the BRZ is a 4banger and the s2k is also a 4banger. V8 or V6 minimum requirement.

Then just get a different fucking car?
The rotary is fine besides the increased maintenance, the BRZ is okay but I've heard a lot of people talk about its lack of power, and the s2k is fine as it is

he might be 20, but he is stuck at 14 on the inside

That bridge has seen so much shit. My favorite ones are when the top of the trailer is peeled off like a can opener.

Where did the 'rwd is hard to drive' meme come from?

because those car + engine is still cheaper than other cars that i find pretty and have good performance.and as far as being 14 on the inside, well, that's clearly false. i'm 12. i wanna go fast.

>so, how legal are they, how well do they work and what would be the best one to get?

Unauthorized radar scramblers are a federal government felony. The same with unauthorized cellphone scramblers and cellphone blockers. Someone locally was found in possession of a cellphone blocking device (those cheap ones sold by chinese companies). For possession he was charged with two separate felonies and various other crimes such as obtaining the device across state lines, importing the device (a separate charge), and probably other violations which the news article didn't mention.

The government really wants to make it hard for citizens to have a revolution if they want to overthrow an unjust totalitarian government. They can't get rid of guns, but they get rid of everything else.

It's an inviting fantasy though to run a short range cellphone jammer on the freeway in order to stop all those using cellphones while driving.

its not that rwd cars are hard to drive its that most people will never be able to drive a fast one to its full potential and people who think they are hot shit and push the limits of their abilities end up crashing.

>Where did the 'rwd is hard to drive' meme come from?
From people who gun the engines and the car fishtails around from all the power at the lightweight rear end.

>jamming radar
>IE, how to get pulled over literally every time and get sent to prison for having restricted equipment

>Virginia
>Flyover state.
Uh, what?

Anything that isn't CA, Seattle, FL, Dallas/Austin, or New England is flyover.

You know it in your heart.

You're right - the radar detector is useless if you get hit by it. The idea though is that you will hear it going off way before you can see the cop as he radars cars in front of you, letting you know that there is a speed trap ahead. Obviously this doesn't work that well in practice because there is so much interference that if you are in a commercial area, it will be going off all the time from stores nearby that utilize radar for security purposes.

Don't forget New York

>civil war nerds wet dream
>home of US litigation
>beaches
>heart of the Appalachian
>Luray Caverns
>Shenandoah
>Great Falls
>richest state in the country

Also, where would you fly over Virginia to get to? We're on a coast

Scrablers are only illegal in Illinois in commercial vehicles same as a detector. Plus LiDar now.

>S2000
>LS engine

I'm not normally for or against engine purity but WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT YOU STUPID FUCK

v8s2000.com/forums/showthread.php?8-STICKY-LS1-Vs-F20C-WEIGHT-DIFFERENCE

'Flyover state' is a term used by people who live in shitholes like LA or Chicago to try to justify living in said shithole. It's supposed to be demeaning, but I see it as a compliment. I'd rather people stay the fuck away from Maine.

>How much time do you have to slow down before that signal reaches back to the gun

It's too late when it hits you.

Found the 12 year old

Man its sure summer time already.

>SLOW DOWN SLOW DOWN SLOW DOWN
>absolutely zero warning about height of bridge

I wish I had words to express why this pisses me off.

Wow im gonna fall for this.. You do realise virginia beach is on the top 5 vacation beaches in the us

This

I dont know about other states but signal jammers of all kinds are illegal in california.

>Virginia
>Literally the most flownover state

businessinsider.com/which-states-are-flown-over-the-most-2014-10

There's a sign right there that says low bridge, trucks must turn

It says on the sign in front of it that the clearance is 10'6"

Also yeah radar jammers and cell phone jammers are top notch felony charges OP, they can be used too efficiently in organized crime.

there are no consumer "radar scramblers/jammers" that work. the ones that do work are nearly the size of a car and mount to fighter jets.

what you need is:
A RADAR DETECTOR (picks up radar before line of sight)
-radar can be detected around corners and from very long distances, but cannot be jammed
and
LASER JAMMERS (if laser speed guns are used where you live)
-laser cannot be detected without line of sight, which means that when you detect it, the cop already knows your speed. laser can be jammed with up to date laser jammers, however police laser guns are constantly being upgraded to be harder to jam, so you need jammers that are updated just as fast.

>speeding
are you retarded?

A flyover state means something not worth seeing from ground level. As nigged up as VA is there are at least a couple interesting things. It's not like the southwest.

>because those car + engine is still cheaper than other cars that i find pretty and have good performance.

clearly you dont realise how much money and work goes into swapping engines.

a lot of custom fabrication and electrical things to work out. you're going to buy the car, buy the ls1 and trans, and the ls will sit in the garage because you have no idea what you are doing.

and if you plan on having someone else swap it, you wont drive it for months and it will be more expensive than a mustang GT

by the way, thats a NEW mustang GT

why did you post a picture of my 2jz

OP, you're forgetting most of Veeky Forums is benchracers driving sub-150 horsepower civics and miatas, who have no experience doing engine swaps or even buying cars whatsoever. You can't really take what they say seriously, anything posted here is just what someone else in another thread posted a few weeks ago. This board is just a huge game of telephone where the original statement was retarded to begin with.

Bait

>he thinks Veeky Forums knows shit about cars

metabait