Who the fuck does this

>have a friend who has 20k usd to buy a car
>encourage him to buy something cool/fun/sporty
>wrx/mustang/classic/ctsv/etc.
>he buys a base model camry

Hrrnnnnggggg

fuck off, evan.

Your friend is not a manchild. You should be asking him for advice, not trying to offer it to him

>Friend wants to finance a 2016 Corolla because.
>Tell him to just get a used one.
>"I want to get a new one so I don't deal with other people's shit"
>Suggest a new FRS to him atleast.
>"I'm coming to an age where I don't need something sporty anymore"

>Here, buy something that will probably break somehow
>just git gud at wrenching bro

>Here's something sporty that won't break
>btw it's basically a civic

My friend is 18. Imo, this is the time when he can be a manchild. Young kids who choose to drive a base model camry when they have the chance to dd something fun and impractical and not have consequences will turn out as pretty boring people.

This is the same guy that bought a used 7 series Bimmer because "eyo mang Tupac Shakur drove dis, mang"

It broke down a week later and he had to bring it to a shady as fuck place to get his pads done.

> this is the time when he can be a manchild

You should never be a manchild.

> Young kids who choose to drive a base model camry when they have the chance to dd something fun and impractical and not have consequences will turn out as pretty boring people.

lolno.

People who don't waste money on stupid shit have LOTS of money for toys as they get older.

>be responsible and get a good car
vs
>be a retarded kid

gee

why are you frustrated

He could have gotten something more fun for the exact same price. Jesus, you must have been that one kid who carried around a briefcase and wore business shoes in hs because you were so much more mature.

Not everyone is an Veeky Forumstist. That's why Camrys and Corollas are so popular.

>I want others to buy things that I'm too poor to afford: The Post
Why the fuck do you care what your friend buys? Deal with it.

The thing about toyota econoshit boxes is that they deliver on what they promise. He can drive that shitbox for 15 years before he has to do any major work on it. and if he's only daily driving it and if he doesnt really give a shit about the feel of the road then it is a perfect fit. Just because it's not the vehicle you'd choose doesn't mean it's not a purposeful and decent vehicle.

What wrong with Camry ?
Reasonable Car , Reasonable Price
for Reasonable people

>I was never invited to any social events as a teenager: the post

You're like one of those things from pic related

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with a camry, my thing was that he's an 18 year old with money to spend. He could have bought something comfy, like a lexus, that is every bit as reliable but isn't a rolling hunk of plastic.

Dude wtf that's not me pls

>who the fuck does this
People who have their priorities straight
People who are responsible
People who don't want to live paycheck to paycheck maintaining their shitbox they call a """"""""""sports car""""""""""

Once you get out of college and enter the real world, maybe get a girl pregnant, maybe support your retired parents, you no longer have the time nor money to own a sporty car, a 2-door, or what have you. During your college years when you're full of passion, excitement, your body is still quick-witted and reactive, and you have a somewhat disposable outcome;
That's when you SHOULD be owning an impractical car instead of a boring, responsible one. If you skip out on this time you'll have to wait until you're 40, 50, 60. You'll miss out on (not) impressing college girls with your riced civic, or disappointing your parents whenever they hear your car without a muffler.
Why would you forsake that because of responsibility or maturity? We all need a hobby to let loose, it's just knowing when to draw limits and when to push those limits that counts.

He spent the whole 20k on it?

Blew the whole wad. Actually spent 21,300

This guy gets it

>18 year old spending $20k on any car is being responsible
lel no

I beat on my friend all the time who had money to buy something cool but drove an uncomfortable and unreliable kia shit box. Didn't need to be a sports car just not something that looks like rolling poverty. Wasn't savings for anything had over a 100k.

Rolling poverty is a used BMW/mercedes shitbox with a laundry list of problems.

Rather than try to look like something he's not, your friend opted for something he can actually afford to maintain.

Wanna know why he didn't try to buy a used sports car? He is perfectly happy with his penis size

>somebody buys a car for something that they want to do

>i'm so mad I post about it on a Venezuelan snake skinning forum

The post reeks of underage desu senpai

what a moron.
some people are afraid of used vehicles for some reason.

You are complaining about OP's decision to complain about his friend