MX-5

What are some negatives about the Miata?

about to buy one over a corolla sportivo..

it is winter in my country, and rain is an mx5s worst enemy if you want to be
>somewhat cosy

slow
noodle chassis
gay reputation
unpractical

miata is ALWAYS the answer

They're way too big, are horribly unreliable and Ford pretty much made the idea and sold it to mazda. Do you want to drive a Ford? Then go buy a Mustang faggot

Good:
>Light
>RWD
>Sporty suspension

Bad
>Tiny
>Slow
>Loud

I hit my legs on the steering wheel and my arm on the door.
I'm neither fat not talk and the car is too damb small.
Poor mpg
Super noisey, vibration, rattles.
Was it fun? Yes
Was it fun for the road? No

>not talk
Nor tall

>Slow
While true, this car shows that you can still have fun even with a gutless but bulletproof engine... provided that you live somewhere that actually has fun, twisty roads. It does kinda suck being one of the slowest shitboxes on the road though.
>Only two seats
If you care about something like this, then yeah. I don't.
>Not enough "space"
I can fit like $300 worth of groceries in the trunk, or six rifles/shotguns. That's good enough for me.
>Noisy
I don't think it's anymore noisier than most other convertibles. NAs tend to be noisy af of course but it should be obvious that shit like that comes with age.
>Hurr durr gay
I literally only hear this shit here on Veeky Forums. Never been insulted by anyone IRL. Nothing but compliments and all of my coworkers and even some customers think it's cool.
>Not as good on gas as it should be
Pretty much the only legit complaint about it. That said, I'm getting 27 MPGs, mostly city miles.
Oh, I know another one:
>CAN'T SEE SHIT in parking lots in murrika because of fat fucks and their need for big ass fucking trucks and SUVs, most of which don't even haul anything
And just remembered another one thinking about road noise and shit...
>Can't hear shit with the top down when you're moving at highway speeds, specifically music - audio quality effected by road noise at speed even with top up
If you buy a Miata but hate not being able to hear music crystal clear, you're a fucking retard.

Can't think of any other negatives at the moment.

And since this is a Miata thread...
>Want better visibility at night
>Found DOT-approved LEDs
>They look like this
Ehhhhhhhhhhh... IDK man... thoughts?

>>Hurr durr gay
>I literally only hear this shit here on Veeky Forums. Never been insulted by anyone IRL
Tbf the lgbt community has made great strides towards making people more tolerant of alternative life styles

Seriously though, you could also add to that list:
>Convertible
Sure some people don't care, but I'm personally hardtop4lyfe (maybe targa too. . . Maybe)

NO FUCKING CARGO SPACE

>When someone says they don't like convertibles but then buy a fucking convertible
Full-on fucking stupid tbhfam.
Buy a truck and shut the fuck up.

>anymore noisier

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Nothing but compliments and all of my coworkers and even some customers think it's cool.
no, they don't.
they may say they like it to your face, but trust me, all women hate it and your male co-workers are making gay/poor mans midlife crisis comments when you aren't around.
>as if the half-smiles and awkward glances you get everywhere you go don't say it all

0-60 time of "eventually", e.g. equivalent to a 2009+ Corolla

>All women hate it
>This is why my female friends think it's kawaii af and I have a girlfriend
k
>male co-workers are making gay/poor mans midlife crisis comments when you aren't around
I'm okay with this. That just means they know their place. If they said anything negative about my car to my face I'd fuck their boipuccis up.

Can we talk about those teeth

What the fuck

Unlike most of Veeky Forums I actually own an NA and it's been my only car for three years. Negatives:

-There's no storage space. Yeah, you can pack stuff into the trunk, but only if it's smaller or flexible. A box that would fit in a Corolla trunk or backseat won't even fit into the passenger seat of a Miata. Also, a full-sized rifle/shotgun (not some AR for manlets) often won't fit in the trunk.

-There's no interior space with two people. If it doesn't go into the trunk, your girlfriend will be putting her purse between her feet and your laptop bag will be on her lap. She'll also be holding your drink since the cupholders interfere with shifting.

-Rough riding. You feel every bump and the cowl shake is pretty silly. It's like going downhill in a Radio Flyer wagon.

-Noisy. It's OK with the top down since who cares then, but with the top up you hear every possibly noise through the floor and firewall. Holding a conversation means raising your voice if you're moving very fast. Remove the radio to save weight.

-Short gearing. Have fun screaming down the road at 4500rpm at highway speeds in top gear.

-On the days you have to keep the top up, it's like riding around in a duffel bag. Convertibles were meant for good weather.

-Girls like looking AT them ("oh, it's so cute/sporty!") but I've never dated a woman who actually like riding in it, for all the above reasons. Then again nearly everyone I've dated's dream car was a Corolla or Volvo or something equally boring.

You need to decide if it's worth it to you. It's a car for enjoying DRIVING THE CAR, not just enjoying the ride.

>not having a radio

Oh yeah, that whole 3 pounds of weight is really going to bring the performance up to the next level

Jesus christ clean your fucking car

Looks like that's what he was in the middle of.

Delusional. You've fooled yourself into thinking the Miata's handling is the best in it's class, or even price range.

the NC addresses most of these drawbacks. except the trunk space one, it has less trunk space than an NB despite not having a spare wheel

see
Most fun I've ever had for 500 dollars. Hell, it's more fun than a shit load of far more powerful cars that I have driven. Trolling aside, if you live in an area with fun roads, you can't do much better in terms of fun for your dollar than a decent NA. Given the fact that NA's are now transiting into classic car pricing, it won't be long before finding a decent cheap one is a thing of the past

>miata praised for handling
It's rubbish stock
most small cars handle just the same with that low amount of power
I'd take a good Honda or Toyota any day.
The community is awful to, if you say anything negative about it people will shit down your throat. They're worse than stancefags.
And finally, it's boring. Everyone has one, everyone has their track miata, everyone has their miata they're totally going to turbo/swap.

Literally BTFO'd by honda s2000.
Its pretty much the opposite of a miata (good)

The only bad part about the S2000 is the price. While I still think its a good pay, its no secret that its a tad too much and still going higher.

i'd rather an older civic than an NA miata, has so much more to offer.

Whatever floats your boat, I've been in and driven tons of older (and newer for that matter) civics and never found any of them to be that exciting or fun (to me)

A lot of the bias probably comes from the fact I like convertibles, but even then, no civic has ever really tickled my pickle in terms of driving dynamic.

How are those LEDs? Are they worth the price or should I just for an HID retrofit with projectors?

That user barely touched on the handling

>the lgbt community has made great strides towards making people more tolerant of alternative life styles

stop shitpostin

beautiful

how is he shitposting exactly?

He isnt, it's an opposite of truth troll. Don't respond to trolls in the future, even to call them out on it.

info on these wheels. need some for my nb

Depends on what year you are looking at. Most people who own miatas have an NA or an NB. There are NC's around but majority went for the older or the new ND.

Great little car, most of the cons are all true. Steering is it pretty good, obviously better if you modify suspension setup etc..., but going with before I have an NA. They are pretty noisy in terms of road noise for higher speeds/highway driving. 4-4.5k rpms in 5th at highway speeds whoo...Not that big of a deal to me but still a thing nonetheless. Gas mileage is good but ti being a small car = small tank. You may feel like your mileage should be higher but I say it's pretty fair.