Help me replace my C30

So I'm in the market for a new car, I currently own a '07 Volvo C30 2.0D with ~180k km
It's a good car, but it had a somewhat troubled history and too many problems are starting to arise lately, which is why I am thinking of retiring it for a new or a

Anyone?

Fiat Punto

Citroen DS 4

Punto is always the answer.

Miata

Toyota Starlet GT full of mods

Not unique enough, diesel engines too small, probably too big for my needs.

Don't really like it, it's too similar to a normal C4, it's not worth the extra money IMO. I really fucking love the DS5 though, but that is way too big for me.

I actually considered the ND and I like it, but it falls too much on the other side of the spectrum for practicality. Also no diesels, which is a requirement for me.

what's wrong with the c30?

>Not unique enough, diesel engines too small
???

Get a Giulietta 2.0 JTDm. It's literally the best option in the market.

Are you telling me the Punto looks unique now? They are literally everywhere where I live.

The dealer who sold it to me (used) crashed the car badly before selling it to me (someone did everything by himself, because there are no insurance records of any crash), I found about it too late to do anything about it.
The results of the shit repair job are starting to show up now, like the front half of the chassis being out of alignment, which causes all sorts of problems from weird wear patterns on tires to extremely high failure rate of CV joints, among other things; water leaks from cracks in the weld joints, strange subtle noises and vibrations all around the interior and stuff like that.

I already spent way too much money and time trying to fix this car, my patience has run out and I want it out of my life before something major breaks again.
It's a shame, really, I loved this car so much, I also convinced a couple of friends to buy one and they still love it. I was unlucky and stupid, I should have inspected the car better when I bought it, now I'm stuck with a 9 year old time bomb and I want to be safe when it goes off.

Man I love the Giulietta, it's another strong candidate right next to the V40

Apparently nobody makes small coupes like a C30/Scirocco anymore, I'll have to settle with a hatchback.

3-door bmw 1 series or 2 series coupe
audi tt

Those cars are out of my budget, considering I'm looking for new or less than one year old cars and I don't want to settle with base models just to say "I have a BMW/TT"

You didn't inspect the car before buying it? What kind of dumbass are you?

I would definitely go for the Giulietta, if I were you.
They're even more exclusive than the V40 and the engines are quite reliable.
They're also fucking gorgeous.
You could get a 2.0 JTDm sprint speciale (with 4 pot brakes, sport seats, etc) for less than 40k, depending where you live.

I did, but not as accurately as necessary, I was looking for rust or obvious damages, not concealed repairs.

It was only after many months, while replacing a CV joint, that I noticed a lot of the front left suspension parts still had the stickers of the dealer on and a second look from a body shop confirmed that the car has been crashed badly and has been welded all around (mostly around the front left and the rear right).
At that point it was too late to make any sort of claim against the dealer who sold me the car.

I know it's entirely my fault for being superficial while inspecting, but I can't go back in time so now I'm here looking for a new car.
The C30 has served me well in the 6 years it spent in my possession, but I'm tired of driving while being constantly afraid that something is going to grenade soon.

I live in Italy, so Giuliettas are pretty common here.
I'll definitely pay a visit to a couple of Alfa dealers tho, it's really a good looking car.

Oh, I see.
If you're italian, it would only make sense you'd buy the Alfa but it is your money.

The V40 is pretty nice too, but FCA diesels are way better than the PSA and Volvo units.
The new Leon isn't too shabby, too.

Isn't a restyling due soon?

there's already a facelift for the MiTo and Giulietta out

Oh now that I look better at the picture I see the new details, I was expecting something more along the lines of the Giulia

Maybe in the next year, Alfa will launch an all new Giulietta.

>small coupes

what about RCZ?

You actually made me remember about that, sadly the last facelift made it look retarded to me, something to do with that double grille.
Pic related is still the best RCZ IMO.

FiST
or FoST

Get a Mk6 or 7 GTI/Golf R

I didn't specify it in the OP, but I said it later: I need the car to be a diesel

Also, both the FoST and the Golfs are probably out if my budget.
Last time I checked the Golf6 R was dangerously close to 50k euro, I'm not expecting the 7 to be different or the GTI to be much far from 40k

Oh then you're fucked
You're poor with shitty buying parameters and you're not even bothering to check out the Mk6/7 so fuck off

Focus ST can be Diesel fyi

The newer ones though. not sure about old spec. Good luck with the search.

CLA's possibly worth considering

So the ST has officially become a trim instead of a full package? Didn't know that.

Already checked, it's out of my budget.
The only mercs I can afford are the A and the GLA, and I like neither.

I don't know what kind of parameters you deem acceptable? My original question was if there was something that looked like a C30 in that price range. Turns out there is none so my fallback was something good looking, with a hatchback, in that price range and with a diesel engine.
Those don't look like stringent parameters to me, the rest is up to my own taste in car design basically.
Both your suggestions with Golfs are not diesels and out of my budget anyway, sorry if that makes you mad I guess.

Fellow c30 owner here. If it were my money, I'd probably go for a v60 R-Design D4. Not compact like the c30, but has a similar uncommon aesthetic.

>too many problems are starting to arise lately

Be honest here, please.

Are you just sick of fixing small shit and want to get something new (not judging you, it's cool) or are there more severe problems?

I'm interested in the C30 and would probably only find one around that similar mileage.

This is the list of the biggest problems that I have right now:
-Turbo makes sound when releasing throttle (shaft a bit loose)
-water leaks from rear right wheel well, floods the rear seat (caused by shitty welding job by whoever fixed the car before giving it to me)
-CV joint noisy (it's the sixth one, basically one for each year I had the car, caused by the front frame being out of alignment and the wheel hubs "pulling" the joints and driveshafts slightly outwards)
-cruise control turns on 80% of the times (never understood the problem, I "fix" it by turning the car off and on again, there is no fault code related anywhere in the car)
-plastic under the front seat makes a lot of noise when the seats flex during turns
-stock ride height with stock r-design body kit is too low for most speed bumps and parking ramps around here, underside of front bumper and lower engine cover are a disaster.
-engine idles roughly but runs fine otherwise (in the process of fixing)
-armrest leather is cracked as fuck
-higher than normal tire wear on the inside, especially at the rear

What I've been through already:
-flywheel
-alternator
-starter
-starter wiring harness
-two front wiper motors
-steering angle sensor
-5 CV joints
-driver seat cover (it was all cracked)
-various small shit

Maintenance is spotless, everything has been done as planned, car is still perfectly drivable.
I'm not saying everything that went wrong is because of the fuckers that sold me the car (the leather cracking sure is not), but considering the magnitude of the crash, I'm sure that helped a lot.
Also lately I've been forced to park my car on the street a lot and I received more door dents in the past year than the previous 5 combined and it looks like shit

I'm at that phase where I just don't care anymore, there are far too many problems than I care of fixing, I just want a new car and be done with this one.

Ok, thanks a lot!

a juke