How maek dis hapn

My main goal and vision is to sit in a cafe somewhere out there in the world, 10 minutes away from the beach, with my laptop creating something I like and turning it into profit.
I'm currently 21, working as a credit controller (debt collector I think - for US fags), on salary £21k a year. Living on my own, I can put away £400 each month into savings untouched without too much hassle.

Interested in art, graphics, photography, web design, music making, video editing, writing (creative stuff in general) and I definitely dig the idea of being a digital nomad. I'm also interested in finance and business but creativity is my main thing.
Do you guys wanna share your tips on how to become successful and stay motivated instead of wasting time and procrastinating? I find myself coming back from work everyday, watching dank memes and playing stupid games because I can't be arsed - only until late evening when all the motivation and drive kicks in but it's the end of the day and I have to choke it in, dwell on my dreams and visions a little bit and go to sleep.

I'm contemplating whether to quit social media for a while and get rid of all the games to get my shit together - but I keep on finding this one excuse, "everyone needs some entertainment every once in a while".

I always been a artsy fartsy person too. lately I haven't been to engulf in my projects but lately been trying to make time for my projects. I like drawing and making shitty comics. I haven't even started a website yet.
I would try to make a sort of schedule where you do entertainment for a hour and when you get bored start working on your projects. have one of those reward system time schedule. I can't say its easy because I have the same issue.

appreciate the input. Shitty comics and the art style you posted is bretty gud because there's thousands upon thousands of meme-heads who enjoy looking at those everyday.

Schedule - I'm trying to figure that one out. Plan my whole week ahead in advance and stick to it. We'll see

I bet all the greats didn't follow that whole "need entertainment" thing. Not judging you as I am in the same shmegma but still.

Why don't you start a blog or something as an outlet for your drawings or photography or whatever it is? A hobby will leave you much more satisfied than just wasting your time looking at Veeky Forums memes.

I got a shitload of content and I'm slowly working on starting an instagram page. I'm making sure I got enough content to post for one week so I do it regularly to see a nice steady growth of followers.

Thanks for driving me forward

True words. I guess I need to man up and uninstall all the games I have. YOLO, sry gaben

entertainment in the past was nothing like that of today.

your parents were born before video games had been invented.

It only takes like 5 minutes to set up an instagram page. Go for it man. Start posting something every other day or whatever. There's a great community. For instance idk if you've heard of Lifeform- each week they post a theme and then repost pictures that people send in. Pretty cool way to keep yourself busy, and definitely more productive than playing clash of clans or checking facebook every 5 seconds.

Agree, and you gave me another idea - getting involved with communities related to my interests. We are who we surround ourselves with.

I'll check out this lifeform page

exactly. It's so helpful to have a community to support and encourage you.

tattoo artist!

What youre experiencing is the power of habit.
You're unwinding the way you're used to, not the way you want to.
Guess what, it's like smoking

hmm I do dig the idea, but on the other hand... I would want to turn it into something completely completely unique... I'll have to think about it, thanks for the idea user!

I guess I gotta get properly hooked on a new drug - which is digital art, photograph, web design, etc. Hopefully I'll get addicted soon!

Check patreon and get ready to draw some kinky artworks.

I make music just on the side for fun. I upload a few things to soundcloud and bandcamp but that doesn't mean anyone clicks on it so the only people who ever hear it are friends I show it to. I have no idea how I'd go about gaining some sort of audience for it, it's not like spamming the link in comment sections and forums will do any good.

I think this is where the community comes in... if you are a regular on some music related forums and you post every now and again sharing your creations with others, eventually your "audience" is going to rack up... word of mouth, etc.

Sometimes all it takes is just a random thread "share the music you've made".

Try out different things.

The main thing about this is....... ARE YOU GOOD?

That is pretty much what it boils down to.

No one needs entertainment per se. What one needs is human contact. If you're a creative there is a good chance you'll be alone most of the time and too much alone time can undermine your health and eventually your work.
Take pleasure and entertainment from your work and maintain yourself through social interaction, even work related interaction might be good enough, but please forget this "entertainment" idea.

"Are you good" depends on "how much time do you spend practising". You can learn almost anything if you put your head down and take it seriously.

Me being 21 I could pretty much pick up anything, become good and make a business out of it.

>Take pleasure and entertainment from your work

Some golden words right here. Thanks user

>Me being 21 I could pretty much pick up anything, become good and make a business out of it.
Then why don't you? (well because i procrastinate and waste time) Well then you can't then...

Aaaaaaaaaand this is what this thread is about if you read my original post. tl;dr?

>Do you guys wanna share your tips on how to become successful and stay motivated instead of wasting time and procrastinating?

if you need to be motivated you might as well give up now

Hey. Was in same situation as u, would always just play vidya after work, all the while I had dreams of quitting and starting my own. One day about a month ago I was in the middle of a game and I didn't even know why I was still playing, it wasn't even fun it had just become a habit. Anyways I quit mid game and pissed my brother off but haven't played since. While I don't work on my startup 100% of the time I definitely spend much more time working on it than I would have (honestly it was getting no where back when I was playing vidya). For entertainment I usually read biz or robinhood general or watch some tv. But yeah video games were poison to me cuz I loved the competition, the improvement and the social aspects but I'm much better off now that I've quit. Oh yeah and read books

This picture is literally me.

I know what you have to do op
1. Grab laptop
2. Go to a cafe 10 min away from some beach
3. Start creating something you like
4. Sell your creation for a profit e.g. search for a publisher for a book

Kys

I got rid of all mine on the day of starting this thread. Same thing that kept me playing - competition and constant need of improvement. Some games nowadays if you wanna be good you really need to keep on playing and playing - it takes too much time and doesn't give much in return, just like a temporary fix.

And reading books is a good one, also stimulates your mind but there's so much more growth involved.

I like what you did there and you're pretty much right, if I wanted to I could do just that this weekend...