dmanufacture.com/t-dds2.php
docs.google.com/document/d/1tUvLiPi9FU-U6QmPDuMF8DyJQTRQ5yiPbqQcurdePPI/edit
youtube.com/watch?v=THu-srFS5G0&index=124
twitter.com/AnonBabble

White were right

Apparentky Gamestop has preorder posters for Apocalypse

And they are ruined because of that "available at..."

Inanna did nothing wrong

what SMT4 build should I go for? I've just been equalizing stats so far because I'm indecisive but I need to get my shit in order soon.

You've already fucked it

Go MAG 2 AGI 2 LUK 1 every level and learn ine of each elemental spell plus Concentrate and maybe a heal

>The DeSu2 cast aren't as retarded as DeSu1.

why bother, u can get infinite stat boosts from ng+

SMT isn't really that hardcore a series. Doesn't matter.

World of DEX

PQ sucks compared to EO as far as combat balancing goes.

But then again almost EVERY RPG sucks compared to EO as far as combat balancing goes.

Yes, they messed it up. Hell, they somehow made it feel worse than Persona 4. Every game mechanic punishes you for running anything other than Light/Dark Naoto pain train (Tiny HP/MP pools with small regen each fight punish any non-nuke strategy and the only nukes worth a damn are light/dark because magic is so incredibly weak. Shove three powerhouses up front with elemental flavored melees and you're golden.).

It might be worth just dropping the PQ difficulty to lol and cruising through. It is still a fine game apart from all the game bits.

>This DeSu2 story
This game earned the lolcalization it got.

B-But DeSu2 is my favorite SMT...
It gets pretty easy later on, so lowering the difficulty is not that necessary. It has the SMT IV syndrome, basically.

The original poster was at the point PQ became easy. Was in the horror dungeon. You kinda have to be told Naoto+Impure Reach trivializes the game. If you think you're playing P4 where Light and Dark are bad bets, you won't have any fun. Sure, you aren't likely to die but it will be boring as hell.

In P4 if Naoto whiffs an instakill three times, the rest of the team has won the battle. In PQ, unless you're overleveled or rocking some endgame personas, Naoto could still get MVP of the fight if she scores a couple of instakills on her fourth try.

>B-But DeSu2 is my favorite SMT...
HELLO RASEN

Of all the SMTs I've played, not a lot, I think DeSu2 is making the strongest showing gameplay-wise. TMS is my favorite.

But still. THAT PLOT.

Hey /smtg/, I'm from /feg/, and I recently bought SMTIV since it was just on sale. I noticed there's DLC though, what DLC should I get, and what should I skip? This is my first SMT btw, and I have $24 on my eShop account.

Most of the DLC is endgame stuff, don't worry about it.

Pay attention to elemental weaknesses, fuse often, get the Scout+ apps ASAP, and never put points into Str

The start of the game is hard as fuck, don't lose hope

I've beaten FE5 and Conquest on Lunatic, I can deal with hard games.

The EXP/Money/Apps DLC are only necessary if you don't wanna waste 500 hours grindan forever for endgame superbosses and DLC challenges.

But I think the consensus is that the Clipped wings ones are good, because they have Mastema in them. Not sure about the Sanat and Ancient of Days ones either. They're mostly end-game bonus fights.

Tentarafoo+Panic Circle+Impure Reach is just as broken as the instakills. But even then, PQ has the worst balance issues I've seen in the franchise; not even the Smirk system was as unbalanced.
Is he still alive? I haven't heard of CoS in years. From what I remeber it was alright.
Clipped Wings 1 & 2, For the Future...or the Past, Ancient One of the Sun, and maybe Eternal Youth.

And one tip, go with MAG and try to keep bufu and zan on every demon during the first few hours of the game.

As pointed out, the game starts out hard because the bosses can straight up one hit kill you and your demons, there's also no defense stats, and your battle partner always hits the boss with a spell they're immune to. After the Medusa battle, the game gets easy until the route splits.

Get EOU too now that it's on sale.

Or wait for EO4 to go on sale, that one's better.

>after the route split

I went with neutral on my first run and I literally can't think of a hard boss after the route split. The only one was Beelze and he's optional.

>Is he still alive?
Yeah he's still a stupid redditlord as he was before
He used to be tolerable though

I actually got my Debisama playthrough thing talked about on his podcast 1~ year back

I have EOU, I really like Etrian.

All of a sudden, I've encountered a crash at Gargantua Q in PPSSPP v1.2.2.

Just wanted to let you guys know that it's possible to avoid this crash by playing on an older version of the emulator (v.1.1.1 worked like a charm for me).

1) Use Backupper-M and save your game right before Dr. Thrill's "DEVIL HAZARD" room.
2) Close the emulator and copy folder "memstick" from PPSSPP 1.2.2 to PPSSPP 1.1.1 directory.
3) Run PPSSPP 1.1.1 and load your save file. Now the game won't crash at Gargantua Q fight. Yay!
4) After beating Gargantua Q, use Backupper-M and save your game. Copy the "memstick" folder from PPSSPP 1.1.1 back to 1.2.2 directory.

I'll have to test that out when I replay it. I didn't have the problem on PSP hardware.

Strangely enough, the game always crashes after the intro part of the Boss Theme (at 0:24), and that didn't happen on any other boss fights so far.

youtu.be/OZv3hjJz4NI?t=24s

Poison Claw

SMT x DmC

Buy all of it. Well, I guess you don't need the costumes. The EXP/Macca/AP DLC is useful for NG+. The others have battles and stuff related to the story.

Picked up DeSu Overclocked from a sale. Should I be building STR or MAG? Also, how much grind am I looking forward to?

Name's Nanashi the Godkiller has a nice ring to it

SMT x DmC #Demons

BUT DANTE YOUR SUPPOSED TO BEFRIEND THE DEMONS

>FUCK YOOOOOU

>Don't Participate in the new /smtg/ sings:
When is this going to be fixed?

MAG is flatly better, but you'll need the other stats eventually up as prereqs for later skills. STR is viable but less effective, but just pick one and roll with it.

Not a LOT of grind. You will have to do extra battles every so often, especially before major bosses, but the promise of gotta catch em all skills will draw you in or "Well I guess I gotta take these demons out for a test run" doesn't.

Getting two levels from a free battle only takes probably one or two runs and that's enough to put you over most grind-walls. Plus, you can retreat from them literally at any point on one of your team's turns with no penalty so you could just knock over two #demons and run.

And of course, levels trump stats. Don't keep weak demons around. Fusing a demon with less stats but 3 or 4 level gain will still usually get you ahead.

But a protag with levels and stats all built toward damage will wreck shit.

Magic is way more well-rounded. In the endgame, it has less total damage output than STR, but OC has a lot of annoying Phys Repel demons on the last days. Go with magic. Skill Crack the Dance skills as soon as they show up, along with Drain and Holy Dance. Ice Dance in particular is really useful for a certain boss. Holy Dance is the number one magic skill. Boosting your strength up to 8 for Blitzkrieg is okay, but I wouldn't go further than that.

Not too much grind. You can actually get away with not doing free battles even on a first run at all, but that's trickier. In all the times I've started fresh, macca was the number one thing I grinded for.

I'd play it if it had the gameplay of DmC.

I liked DmC fite me fags

>I liked DmC

FOUR threads until someone pointed it out

I mean I noticed it about 2 threads ago and was planning on fixing it myself. But you faggots hit bump limit when I'm not home every time. So I felt like I had to say something.

stay mad nigger

You should have stayed silent to see how long it could last.

>implying /smtg/ will participate in the new /smtg/ sings

Hoy.

I'm so tired.

Hoy.

Didn't know there was a new chapter.

Me too.

Whites are NOT allowed in /smtg/. NOT allowed!

Some of you guys might remember me, if not i was the guy playing SMT3 for the first time and wanted the TDE, but i was in a bad spot and was stuck on the white rider. Anyway I've defeated all the fiends now, have all the candles, have opened up the 4th Kalpa door, and have cleared the Diet Building. I have a few last questions because it seems i'm prob on endgame now:

-I'm level 64, with my demons around that range as well, am i high enough of a level to take on the remaining kalpa bosses? if not, whats the best level up area/ recommended demons?

-Am i allowed to go to the endgame area if i want the TDE?

-I've also heard about the pierce skill that is needed for TDE's last boss, where can i get it?

Best demons

Level 64 seems good, you'll level up a few more times as you explore the kalpa.
No, you have to clear the labyrinth first.
You'll get it soon-ish, don't worry about it for now.

thanks, last thing, the cursed floor on the 4th kalpa is fucking me up, can i pass it with a lift ball?

I don't think so, no. Just heal constantly and maybe use that skill that lowers your encounter rate if any of your demons has it just to be safe.

Can we all agree that Yasuda is a hack?

:>

Who is Yasuda?

ok, thanks.

Have you enjoyed the game so far?

A hack

yeah, Its the 3rd SMT i'm gonna beat, (beat Soul Hackers and 4 before it, my computer fucked up so my save files for SMT1 and 2 were gone) It was a fun time, only hard fights in the game i really had were Matador (when i first fought him), Grimekhala (elephant demon), and the white rider. Its a great game and i'm glad i got into MegaTen.

>Play SMT IV
>Aim for Neutral Route
>Can only pick between Law and Chaos routes, due to me fucking up my alignment points

What alignment should I pick now? I picked mostly Law answers to the alignment questions, but I sided with Walter and Lilith.

Man I had forgotten about Nocturne, or rather blocked it from my memory.
The PSN EU version and it's TDE glitch are pure evil.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but there's really no hope of getting the other endings anymore, right? I've beaten the groovy final boss 4 times and it always glitches in the exact same spot.

Maybe I should just start again, but I really don't like losing my progress.

>calling Yasuda a hack
>while posting best MegaTen girl

I'm getting mixed signals from you, user.

Who the fuck thought that adding the encounter rate from SMT I to the fiends in SMT IV was a good throwback? I've been literally trying to find all of them for two years and I'm still missing some fiends.

Apparently my real-life Luck stat is shit or something.

Airi isn't even best DeSu2 girl, let alone best MegaTen girl. Get some taste.

Only Nemissa, Maya and Apocalypse Sensei come close to Airi's perfection.

Io and Fumi are best DeSu

If you have trouble with the whacky vampire on round 2, petrify the bastard.

When ?

Isn't that common knowledge at this point?

Chaos. IIRC, that way you can do some additional sidequests on your next go around.

GOD

>dmanufacture.com/t-dds2.php

Why does this exist when Kyuuyaku is translated?

Hoy

as an eurofag I'm glad that we're getting Persona 5 the same day as the US, but what about SMT IV:A? It comes out in 1 month in the USA and Deep Silver didn't say shit about this

Has the DeSu1 manga ever gotten scanlated/translated past chapter 8? It got an official release here and I bought three volumes today. Pretty nifty.

*scanlated/translated to English, my bad.

Hoy

Because the sound is better and the art is more aesthetic. Also memes.

Once you do something with your life.

Are the DLC bosses for SMT4 really grind-reliant? I vaguely remember trying them a year ago on easy, barely managing to kill 1-2 angels before getting clusterfucked by every status effect in the game and giving up.

I just came back to clear out my last route and a half from scratch and would like to finish them. I just killed the White for reference, forget what lvl but I've got 200 dex and 110 Ag and Luck + repel phys armor. I don't need strategies, just want to know if grinding is necessary.

Did they put the gold demonica armor from IV in IV:F?

>Keita died

Should I reload my save? Didn't know this could happen in DeSu2

Fuck I don't have a save file beforehand, guess I'm not reloading

Did I lose a lot by letting Keita die? How do I prevent more deaths?

By paying attention and not being retarded.

And nothing of value was lost. Fuck that manlet asshole.

None of the possible deaths in DeSu1 were gated by time like Keita's was, so your answer means literally nothing.

Losing a single character prevents you from getting the best ending.

docs.google.com/document/d/1tUvLiPi9FU-U6QmPDuMF8DyJQTRQ5yiPbqQcurdePPI/edit

That's a guide on getting the best ending. It's pretty spoiler free. Just lets you know what dialogue choices give the most points.

The "true ending" requires everyone alive, but you are not losing much since all the endings in DeSu2 are shit anyway.

Literally what? If you were late to Haru, Mari, Keiskue, etc. they'd die. Too bad you couldn't let Midori die.

You'd have to deliberately ignore their events to be late because their missions pop up ASAP.

Meanwhile Keita's saving event doesn't pop up until you purposely ignore everything else until his mission pops up. No one would even think of doing this considering how DeSu1 doesn't do that.

Thanks user, I'll keep this handy for a 2nd playthrough

I suggest doing the Anguished One's route on your first playthrough. The Triangulum Arc uses a weird mix of Anguished One's and Triumphant endings.

Will do

Hoy.

youtube.com/watch?v=THu-srFS5G0&index=124

Hot damn this is great music