Destiny General - /dg/

>Maintenance false alarm edition

Year 2 Moments of Triumph are out. Go to the Postmaster to receive your booklet. PS3/X360 players have until 8/16/2016 to git gud and finish their Y2 MoT before their shit is lost forever.

Message Zippy or Don if you wish to make a Fireteam or join a group; Xboners message Stray. Try to keep the namefagging and autism to a minimum, please. No one gives a shit about your internet fame.

>>>RESET INFO 8/9/2016LINKS

Tight blue butthole

Does anyone know how long this maintenance will last?

I sent a friend request.

>destiny general - /dg/

fucking retard

They haven't said jackshit about it, so I'm going to guess that it's a bug.

>literally the same title as the previous thread
>no bitching whatsoever

Cry more, faggot.

What maintenance?

Post guardians

final round CoE, currently at 13k. join up

>Dragon's Breath + The Taikonaut
>mfw

i wish exotics would be more like this instead of "give x skill from your talent tree"

>13k
>final round of CoE

just start over dude

go away you mexican rapist

>Trickle
>Grenade Bonus

Why the fuck are people even doing CoE this week?

@151220139
Fuck off

>finish nightfall
>rewarded with a crucible weapon with shit perks

Can we please not do this today?

Lol

Lol

Lol

hey guy, this other guy is replying to you

Lol

Lol

Lol

Lol

Put your grasses on

Lol

Lol

Nothing will be wrong

off the fucking rails
what loadout does the vanguard leadership use?
is ikora a shotgun self-res shitter? is cayde a sweaty tlw/sniper gunslinger? is zavala a master blasting fun policing super supressing defender?

Lol

>Finish Nightfall
>Get shitty Vanguard chest
>Watch other two Guardians get emotes and sparrow kits

Lol

In the original Destiny (And the lore) every Guardian is only one subclass, ever. I agree with all of your guesses except Ikora, who is probably a Stormcaller.

And Shaxx is a balls to the wall knee to the face Striker

>only ever get shitty rewards and no nightfall exp any more
>never have to worry about getting shitty drops cause I don't run nightfalls anymore
I have run like 4 nightfalls since taken king dropped and every time I got shit.

>fix cancer @ posting
>spams the thread like a little kid
so this is the power of ps4 kiddies

I'm not going for the 30k solo. Not worth it. But with the solar burn. sub 12 min runs are possible.

not an argument

>Zavala
Defender

>Shaxx
Striker

>Cayde-6
Bladedancer

>Ikora Rey
Stormcaller

Even more speculation without evidence:

>Saladin
Sunbreaker

>Andal Brask
Gunslinger

>Tarvis
Nightstalker

>Toland
Voidwalker

>Osiris
Sunsinger

In year one the nightfall buff alone made the nightfall worth doing

I've done NF 3 times every week since TTK
They gave me nothing that i wanted. They were all either shitty ghosts/armors or weapons with bad perks, duplicated exotics. Got 2 emotes that I don't really care about too.

Tevis was a Nightstalker, though. Otherwise we'd never have ganked his bow.

The Toland and Osiris ones are pretty obvious, at least on the surface.

>no one wants to do challenge of elders with me

Then there's Saint-14 who was clearly a defender.
Vell Tarlowe was probably one as well.

Shin Malphur was probably a gunslinger. A grim card hints at him using goldenn gun to kill Dredgen Yor.

>do all 3 nightfalls
>330 Ghost, 330 gloves, and 330 class item

Zavala is a defender, easily
I want to think Cayde is a Bladedancer now since he helped make the subclass but it would make more sense for him to be a Gunslinger
Ikora is most likely a Stormcaller

>Shin Malphur was probably a gunslinger
golden gun is literally tlw, there is no probably

Since the TLW/Thorn saga was before the City, it was probably the first documented use of the Golden Gun. I'd like to think Dredgen Yor was basically a Voidwalker on Hive steroids with Shang Tsung soul-stealing powers.

Eris was also likely a Bladedancer. The Mask of the Third Man is hers.

eris is a hunter?

she doesn't have the booty, every hunter has booty.

why torture yourself? lets raid and have fun instead

>Some weirdo starts adding all of the xboners that use to play before the collapse

W-who are you...?

Yeah, Eris was confirmed a Hunter. Her raid group had three Hunters (Her, Sai Mota, Omar Agah), two Warlocks (Eriana-3, Toland), and one Titan (Vell Tarlowe).

Doing 2 raids and another challenge of elders tomorrow on ps4, message demifiend22 on psn

360fag who hasn't played Destiny in months here.

Would it be worth buying a next gen console for Rise of Iron, or should I just wait until they release Destiny II on PC?

Rate my first 1KYS. Not a good sniper, but I needed one for PvE and got this roll.

Did Shin actually use Golden Gun? I recall Jaden's Ghost speaking to it at the end of the card and that it's a "renegade hunter", but I thought he used The Last Word to take out Dregen Yor.

also

>when you go kill the Sword of Oryx knight there's exploder thralls
>they are named DREGE thralls
>last enemy for the original Thorn quest was kill xYOR

>

Its pretty bad for PvE but if its all you got, you might as well use it

Destiny isn't worth a console alone

But you should probably upgrade soon, so yeah, go for it. You;ll still have all your gear and characters intact

Haven't played for a while, LL 314.
What do to get it higher?

>No triple tap
Well at least it's a high impact one.

>on PC
go back to /v/ etc.

As a PS3 player I'm waiting for Destiny 2 to get a PS4.

>I'd like to think Dredgen Yor was basically a Voidwalker
yor was a hunter

>got 30k

I'm actually pretty certain Dredgen's class has never been hinted at, and the front of the grimoire cards for his story all have a Warlock holding Thorn. What his class was before he went evil likely doesn't matter, as he became a unique Hive-based class afterward.

I'd say one of the ps4 converts but they have the decency to at least play with you first.

xboner stalker spooky

post the gt

So I'm level 40 / 304 Light and I haven't done a single Raid yet. I played at launch, stopped right before the raid, then picked up TTK this year.

Is there higher level versions of the older raids? I don't see anything like it in-game... I am guessing the older raids are missed opportunities for me then.

That's because the promotional art for TDB had a Warlock with Claws of Ahamkara IIRC holding Thorn, and fuck making more art lmao.

Same with the EXO ghost frags, it's just concept art of what was supposed to be Rasputin.

>yor was a hunter
You're thinking about Shin, and no fuck your theories, Shin was not Yor for the last fucking time.

>next gen

you mean a current gen

people still do old raids pretty frequently. you can get materials to exchange for motes of light, or just have fun.

Old raids don't come forward. People still run them now and then but none of the loot is usable in general PvE.

Alright, that definitely makes sense. Still, he became a Hunter with unique Hive powers, like Light-eating.

I run them still to get mats to convert to motes.

explain "cloak of dredgen yor"

mats?

What console would /dg/ recommend, then?

Materials

Whatever one your friends play and whatever one has the games you like

PS4 purely for the potential for other games like Bb and stuff like that.

Not to mention PS4 has a far more active playerbase which means you won't have as hard a time of looking for raids/groups in general.

the only console, ps4

See:

Your a 360 player so naturally Xbone is better for you since you get too keep all your characters

If that's no big deal to you, you can buy a ps4 instead

It all comes down to what games you want to play the most, and if your friends are all in the same platform, buying just because Destiny is stupid really

why the fuck would cayde be a prissy-prancy bladedancer? he's a wise-racking gunslinger obviously

He most likely is He helped develop Bladedancers, so he must have been a Guardian before they were a thing, and since he shows no sign of knowing too much about Nightstalkers he is by default a Gunslinger

he hooked up his stash with flux grenades and not tripmines for a reason

a brand newbie. curious.

I think a few of my friends have PS4, but they're mostly PCfags.

That's a definite point in PS4's favor.

Keeping my characters isn't too much of a big deal, I don't think I have much Y1 stuff I'll miss.

PS2 vet here. Would I like Destiny?

Oh that guy

I blocked him the second he added me since i though it was one of those weird tower kiddies who adds everyone he sees,

>wise-racking
woops

Dreamcast vet here. Which console should I move to for roi?

so he switched subclasses for a bit, but obviously he mains gunslinger

Spoilers: Cayde was originally a human in the Golden Age who had his mind placed into an Exo body to be absolved of debt. He's literally hundreds of years old, just like Banshee, maybe older.

I actually forgot about that, and Shaxx mentions offhandedly that "Cayde ran through the Crucible like it was a game".

That's not how the Destiny lore works. Everyone is a single class until otherwise specified. It's how the original build of Destiny worked as well.

did you like halo/borderlands? because destiny is essentially a combo of the two

the crazy thing is, this guy doesnt play on xbox at all. he has a very low level new character on playstation

>People are still coming over

We really need to build that wall