>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/mcy/5583874405.html
greenville.craigslist.org/mcy/5592027231.html
boston.craigslist.org/sob/mcy/5594918605.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hi

early in for memes

Should i sell my 636c and buy an aprilia rs 125 and some enduro for it?

motorcycles are dangerous

if you want to live dont go to sem you think im joking about bringing my guns to it this is your final warning. I will clense and I am not afraid to expend blood at any means necesary.

you have been warned.

my penis is dangerous but that doesn't stop yo momma

>yuro pretending to own guns

ok clebold

>paint scheme

I got you bro

take off those warning stickers man.

I'm still waiting on grip tape. i was just gonna slap it over the sticker

does your landlord let you keep that fire hazard there

I am the PO Lease

If you could chose between a tiger1050 and a 990smr/t what would you go for ?

>A man riding bareheaded on one of about 550 motorcycles in an anti-helmet law rally lost control of his cycle, went over his handlebars, hit his head on the pavement and died near Syracuse, N.Y., police said Sunday.
>>The motorcyclist, 55-year-old Philip A. Contos, likely would have survived the accident if he'd been wearing a helmet, state troopers said.

Is this the definition of irony?

What do you cunts think of goldwings?
Dat flat six and smooth ride. Was thinking that I'm going to have to go the touring route if I want to ride again.

1290r

I'd go for a long walk on a short pier.

wr 125

yes but monies

ktm.

*tips bright green visor*

litterally every post about lorenzo or marquez has italians talking shit. that country is salting as fuck.

Its because they're niggers

>990smr/t

That's a real name? Smrt corresponds to "death" in more than one slavic language

my father has a tiger 1050 i find it really boring.

probably 990 smr as 990 smr/t is some bus from china

>he unironically bought a 125

might start recording in 4:3 again, makes for better screenshots and i can crop it down to widescreen in post

Nope there are two 990sm : the r and the t, i guess i'll die on any of them anyways
Yeah that's what i'm afraid of about the tiger, the sound and the fact that the ktm is certainly way more fun.

i have a 1290 super duke so its a little hard to compare the 990 and the 1050. but i find the 1050 really underwhelming in comparison to my bike but its very comfy.

You'd trust it, right?

What do you think, dbt?
The price is allright - is the constantly failing clutch adjustment screw something to be concerned about?

So look what i found for 800... i think i might jump on it. and make it a summer restoration project 82 Kawasaki LTD440

Opinions?

hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/mcy/5583874405.html

where are the windscreen/centrestand/topcase/panniers/winch/knobbies/125cc engine?

user, you provided just a picture and no price

maybe something for ankle user

Woops forgot the cl link
greenville.craigslist.org/mcy/5592027231.html

You don't get it
Here EVERYONE watches MotoGP, but few people actually ride bikes
Also everyone watches football, but everyone plays that

The result is one angry mob rooting for the only italian they see versus many angrier mobs rooting for many different teams
>tl;dr us pasta guys really like our random brawls

Is this the wheelie sign or middle finger?

to be fair it's just internet warriors on facebook
even at the top of last year bullshit I never heard people blaming lorenzo irl

spain > shitaly

How do I into racing?

go fast

git gud

Have a lot of money.

What country you in? I can give some direction to fellow burgerlanders...

>Get sportbike
>Get leathersuit
>Book trackday
>take part in amateur race

Its not quite like that... you need to do more than show up to get an amateur license.

Its easier to find a school, use their bike for the school and training.

I'm a burger
I have no money and no sport bike. just a regular street rider.

Any Dutchfags planning on going to SEM and want to gang up? Transfag here.

Getting plastic surgery tomorrow lads

Wish me luck!

yes
jk i'm not dutch

Please specify what they will cut into

are you getting a real boipucci

Burger here as well, I'm actually interested. I'd love to jet around a track every so often, but no idea where to start

Are you near a local racetrack?

Where there are racetracks there are schools. You can rent bikes and leather from them. I'd recommend scraping up the cash and doing it. You might find out the track ain't for you... 2 of my friends followed me on to the track and decided it wasn't their bag, so the last thing you want is an investment in a "trackbike" and leathers.

Penguin does shit at NJMSP and other tracks. I've done a few schools with them and they are the school that got me licensed thru CCS years ago. They rent out aircooled ducs that are bombproof and generally horrible but fun.

pic is me a few years ago getting my track legs back..

If you just want to do trackdays, thats easier. What region of the country?

hehe
do you know what happened to that dutch guy with the small kawasaki sport bike?

>tfw dual sports are the ugliest bikes but the most fun

North western, SE Idaho to be specific.

just like ur mum lol

dunno

Ohhhhh sheiiiit thanks for the idea

/dbt/ can you give me some ideas for a bike? I read the noob info and it doesn't really apply to what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a light powerful dual sport mostly for trail riding and occasionally going to town on. The favorite bike I've owned is my 99 cr125 and that's the kind of ride I'm looking for. The firmer the ride the better, and age isn't much of an issue. From what I've found the wr250r sounds close to what I'm looking for, I'm just worried it's underpowered being only a 250 and more geared for the street than trails.

I have a lot of experience riding so I'll be comfortable on almost anything.

Pic pretty related

wr250 is fine. If you're tryna fly over table tops with your dual sport more power to ya but for trail riding the wr250r will be perfect. Light is better in my opinion, 450s on the trail, dual sport or not always felt so bound up because they were so overpowered for such delicate work.

Is there much of an aftermarket for the 250s? I'm planning on taking one for a teat drive but I'm guessing I'm going to want a little more power. I forgot to mention that I don't want to spend a lot of money on a bike. Around a couple grand, not expecting to get a new bike

I'm in the twin cities so there's definitely gotta be a track somewhere
Thanks m80

Time passes slow af when you're eyeballing craigslist 4 times a day for a bike
>tfw nobike

Can someone tell me if this is a decent buy? Gonna get it as my first bike

boston.craigslist.org/sob/mcy/5594918605.html

The WR250R is a bet heavy and underpowered if you're used to dedicated dirt bikes. And the other japanese dual sports are even heavier. You might want to look at KTM or Beta as they offer bikes that fall more into the category of "street legal dirt bike" than a dual sport. They will be lighter and faster, but won't last as long. Depending on where you live, you might also be able to convert a dirt bike and get it registered for street.

the price seems a bit steep for a 250

Looks like a decent buy. I'd get a 650 twin or something as a first bike though. If you're any kind of decent rider the 250 will most likely bore you after 1000 miles or so.

I'd offer $1750-$2000 for it though.

Aren't ktms a little more pricey? I've never heard of beta before I'll look into them. A street legal dirt bike is definately more up my alley. I've looked into converting a dirt bike and it just doesn't seem to be worth the effort and chance of not being able to register it. I live in Minnesota btw

I guess, I don't know personally about aftermarket but every bike has levers mirrors and dumb shit. If you're looking for performance or crazy stuff I don't know.

this

>Also
Why are you concerned with power? If you want power get something bigger or step into the ADV bike realm. I feel like your lost user haha.

>boston.craigslist.org/sob/mcy/5594918605.html
Price is high.

Especially since it's been dropped.
You can by a 2015 Ninja 300 new for like $800 more.

>Said fuck the rain
>Rode around anyway

How was dbt today

I guess I am lost! I love my light agile 2 stroke dirt bikes. I guess I'm looking for something fast and still manageable on the trails. Right now I think I'm open to anything if you have any other suggestions!

There's quite a bit you can do for the WRR to bump up the power a bit and add luggage, but you can't really shed any significant amount of weight.

KTMs are expensive if you buy new, but on my local craigslist I found that old used KTM trail bikes tend to be no more expensive or even cheaper than a comparable Yamaha/Suzuki/Kawasaki/Honda.

You might want to look up your local laws and check on some forums to see if people have any success plating dirt bikes in your state. The dual sports made for daily practicality won't generally be competitive with actual dirt bikes so plating an off road bike will probably be your answer. The street legal KTMs are bred from their enduro models so it would be basically the same result.

If you are on a budget though you might want to skip the street legality and just use a truck to take them places. The ones already street legal tend to be expensive, and conversions will cost a few hundred dollars at least.

>rain expected the past 4 days
>no rain
Getting back on a bike after a week without riding really feels funny, but after scrapping pegs its all good

Anybody here have a Sena 10c?

Thoughts? Better than a gopro?

>This
The price of that bike reflects an idea that people give a certain endearment to things they own, thus increasing their perceived worth.

For example, if you give group A bananas and group B random other shit, group A will value the bananas higher than group B will, group A will even be willing to buy more bananas at a higher price than group B will.

This is obvious in that "people think their shit is worth more than others want to pay" but the seed of material endearment runs very deep upon further research.

haha, its ok user. Just remember that people enjoy offroad trail and even track riding on much bigger heavier bikes. Especially considering the size of the R1200GS for example. The bike is as nimble as you make it user.

I know that feeling. I get sad when I have to go out to sea.
I hope my bike misses me as much as I miss it

daily reminder that honda a shit

Drank, rode around like a shitcunt

I have a growler I'm about to bust open while I cook dinner. Aww yisss

Thanks for the response, I'm going to start looking into some ktms!

YEE YEE
KTMs are sweet. I like their super duke (I'm a pavementfag).

Water pump gasket shit itself on the CRF. Ordered a new impeller and housing for it for shiggles.

Buy mine. I'm saving up for an R32 for the memes. Either that or an EBR like that user from the last thread suggested.

I second this motion.
>I'll be samefagging to third it shortly.

In that case 4th