Commuting

hey Veeky Forums how many of you guys commute on a regular basis for work? how far is your job and what vehicle do you use?

my job is 42 miles away one way so 84 mile round trip.
i drive my 2015 honda civic everyday. i got it last year with 8 miles on it
currently 40k miles

20 miles but 1 hour+ drive one way
fuck LA traffic

i drove my civic to LA once last year it took me 2 and a half hours to drive 40 miles.

my 42 miles commute takes me almost 2 hours i start at 8 and leave my house by 6:15am

18 mile commute in a honda crv dd

40 minutes to get to work, 50-70 to get back, i commute over a bridge so no real way to skip around local roads

Not really a commute, but I drive all over the fucking place.

Anywhere from 50 miles one-way to over 500 miles one-way. Furthest I've driven is from Houston to Norfolk, VA for a single job.

Also, currently I'm driving a 03 Corolla LE with 500k miles on the odo, and it's falling apart on me. I'm upgrading to a modern sedan.

i honestly wish i could afford to live closer to work. my house costs me 1100$ if i wanted the same home 18 miles from my job it would be 2600$

I drive less than 10 miles each way, under 20 miles a day in a 2011 WRX. I live and work in the suburbs of Chicago and barring construction or the occasional accident, it takes me ~25 minutes to get to work and ~35-40 minutes to get home. I have less than 50k miles on my car.

holy shit what do you do?
thats a fuck ton of miles

I adjust compasses on ships.

Nothing super special, but it pays a metric fuckton because...

>it's a niche business
>I'm one of maybe 20 people in the country certified to do it
>We charge mileage, per-hour both driving and labor, and flat rate per ship
>Can upcharge rich companies, the military, and whoever needs work done because they have so much cash floating around

Yeah, it's a ton of miles. I'm trying to upgrade (see ) before this thing dies on me.

12 miles one way, so 24.
2015 Honda Civic Si that has 25K on it.
Takes me about 20-25 minutes to get to work cause of shit traffic or hitting every red light.

holy shit thats cool.

well im a honda fan so id say get that accord. the v6 is a very good motor only this is it has a timing belt that needs to be changed every 105k miles

your lucky you have one. when i went to buy one last year they had sold the last one that morning and after that they sold out across california so i got stuck with this

i just put tires on her 3 days ago too. i average about 36mpg

12 mile round trip, takes about 20 mins each way. Longer coming back home though, get stuck in much more traffic.

Was driving 90 minutes a day round trip, now work from home.

38 mile round trip
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7
257k miles

4km that takes me 10 minutes on a bad day. Drive an 86.

Never again will i live in the suburbs with a 45 minute + commute.

I drive for uber, 250 city miles a day in a smelly honda fit. In boston.

Pic related, my commute and car. It probably ends up at just under 16 miles. Getting 24 mpg was exhausting.

Drive further dumbass. Any distance shouldn't be too much for the right car.

ITT wagecucks complain about the sorry state of their lives.

then I produced a small kek

im not complaining :^)

commuting home is relaxing

Used to drive 35 miles every day at 3pm in the TX summer in my convertible with leather seats. When I bought the car, no one told me "oh by the way you're gonna need to carry around a backpack with a change of clothes and deodorant in it, because by the time you drive anywhere, you'll arrive soaked to the bone in sweat"

It's 12 miles, takes anywhere between 35 - 50 minutes. On the way back, about 40 minutes. I drive a 1981 BMW E21

miatas suck, don't they

Where do you fags live? 12 miles in 20 minutes? I'm by the way

>Not blasting AC with the top down

Not him but I live in KY. 25 mile commute in ~35 mins

i tried fag .no fucking SI

8-10 drive each way to the train station, and 25 min train ride. I take my 2012 C63 AMG and always try to park hugging a wall or curb, and all the way in the back of the lot (but not shady) to avoid getting dinged by idiots. It adds extra 5-6 min walk to the train but what the fuck else can I do.

atleast your smart. i do that with my civic already have a ding on the c pillar from a lifted truck

MY job is ~ 15 miles away so 30 roundtrip.
I drive my 2015 Golf GTI. Feels good man.

Currently about 90 minutes. 5 minute bike ride to bus stop then 5 minute bike ride to work. If I'm just going to class its about a 30 minutes, with a 5 minute bike ride to the bus.

6 mile commute lol