Have been wanting an SUV for a while now but wanting something a bit more special...

Have been wanting an SUV for a while now but wanting something a bit more special. I have found two Porsche Cayenne S near me. Which one would you get of these two?? I would clean them up and cut and polish the paint. The interiors looks in good shape. They both have v8s.

So which one.

detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/5561748493.html

detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/5562762038.html

Other urls found in this thread:

cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5567037849.html
detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/5576341455.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st senpai

The one without scratched to hell headlights,you soccer mom.

cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5567037849.html This one looks real nice. What do you think of this. Or there are some turbos nearby too for under 10k.

So many for sale so can I talk them down in price??

The first one looks sketchy as fuck. Why is it being sold by a junkyard?

The second one is owned by an idiot. Aftermarket wheels and doesn't list the mileage. I wouldn't buy either of these and you shouldn't either unless you're made of money. Anything you save over a clean example will be spent in repairs for these POS's.

is this a joke?
>one has over 150k
>one doesn't even list the mileage

Repairs and maintainence on these are really expensive, dont be tempted by the initial price.

any porsche under 10 grand isn't going to be terrible, unless it's a boxter.

get yourself a nice toyota 4runner

I wouldn't buy a used Porsche that isn't certified. Parts are too expensive to not have any assurance whatsoever.

oops
i meant
>IS going to be terrible

Ok so not even this one? It says the engine has a tick but what if I found one without the tick. The guy also says best offer so maybe I can start at 5k.

What is the engine tick noise? Easy to fix? The owner makes it seem like a common issue.

cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5567037849.html

I would travel for the right one so look at your local craigslist for me

And how can they be that unreliable. They're cars. They have some moving parts. And if something stops working I just won't fix it - Especially in the interior. I don't have to fix every window regulator or burned out switch or knob. I'll try for cheap but yeah.

op

maintenance is going to be expensive as fuck, so for the love of god DON'T cheap out.

buy the nicest, well taken care of cayenne with a v8 you can find.

a well maintained car will give you a good time.

Ok but I'm lowballing them that's for sure. I understand they're not the most popular Porsches so I'm going to take advantage of that. Then I have a Porsche that I can have fun with and be all fancy like when going to the mountains. Lol Audi what? I have a Porsche with a v8 and an interior that's nicer than Audi.

>I understand they're not the most popular Porsches
I thought it was literally the most popular Porsche, even if car enthusiasts dont like it

... God youre stupid

How much can you actually spend?

an engine tick is usually something inside the engine. if one cam lobe is damaged, you have to replace an entire cam, so expect to pay around 2000 dollars for that (parts and labor)

If the engine fails completely, expect to pay 5 grand for a rebuild. likewise with the transmission.

>And how can they be that unreliable. They're cars. They have some moving parts.

are you joking? do you know how an engine works? do you know how many moving parts there are in the engine and transmission? a lot of them can render the car useless if they break.

Porsche parts are very expensive, no matter the car. move on. dont buy a cayenne, anything over 75k miles is too many on them.

get the ticky one if you're feeling very brave and can wrench

otherwise you want plenty of maintenance receipts as they are almost unsellable without

>I have a Porsche with a v8
That isn't a good thing.
>an interior that's nicer than Audi.
Not really. Cayenne interiors are pretty shitty.

Buy something Japanese and stop being a retard.

As a Porsche owner, just get a fucking Toyota

It is the most popular Porsche, this guy has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

...Kind of scares me that he's driving on the same roads as everone else.

Please just listen to these guys. they're right.
You are in an area you clearly know nothing about.

There aren't any toyotas for 5-8 grand that are nice like the Porsche. They're all 1995s or whatever year.

Worst case is I'll test drive some and get some good Instagram pics of me in the Porsche. But I'm still going to test drive one and see how they feel.

>it takes 20 years and 200k miles to devalue a $15k Toyota to the same price as a $60k Cayenne reaches in 12 years
And this tells you nothing?

Buy it. Then you can post your faggot face crying on Instagram when you can't afford to maintain it.

It tells me the Toyota is old. Everything fails at some point. But the Porsche is still new enough and low enough miles that I can find a good one. Plus I don't believe the German car meme talk about how they're unreliable.

I don't think you understand that Cayennes are unreliable pieces of shit, especially the first gens

Prove it then! Here will are on the Internet, the land of Google, and you can't prove it.

You know what? No.

If by any chance you aren't a troll I'm going to suggest that you should go ahead and buy a 12 year old Porsche SUV with a V8, 150+ miles, and all on a sub-$10k budget

I mean what could possibly go wrong?

It's a car. So nothing. Maybe it will need tires and pads and rotors but that's it. Otherwise if it runs like a car and drives like a car it will do car things and get me where I need to be. And fast as hell too.

This has to be a troll

>0-60 in over 8 seconds
>fast as hell
lel

I've owned two 1st gen Cayenne Tarbo's.

All in all a great car, rides well, out corners most cars, fast as dicks.
Both of mine were pretty reliable but only buy one with Bumper to bumper warranty because parts are priced hilariously.

>Headlights? 1000 bucks.
>Gay little side skirt jack point gap covers that kids steal? 100 bucks each.
>Navigation PCM 2 map update? 300 bucks
>New nav system? 4K+
>Flimsy ABS plastic rear cup holder? 220 bucks
>Brake rotor and pad set? 1,5K
>Power kit Brake and pad set? 5K+

And that's without labour, which is more per hour then a surgeon.

Why the hell are Cayenne parts more expensive than 911, Boxster, and Cayman parts?

don't listen to these jelly cunts and follow your dreams

Yep. You're a lost cause dude.

>Worst case is I'll test drive some and get some good Instagram pics of me in the Porsche.
No one gives a shit that you're driving a worn out piece of shit "Porsche"

You're legit scum. Do you wear obey caps and say "bruh" in every sentence?

Dude, are you delusional? We clearly know 20 times more than you do about the subject, yet you choose to have faith in your "beliefs" which are based on nothing but unresearched bullshit.

>And fast as hell too

2004 Cayenne s 0-60: 7.0 seconds
2004 toyota solara. 7.0 seconds

Also, add another second because it's got 150k miles on it LMAO

Dude, you are sad. PLEASE buy this car. It fits you perfectly.

Because reasons.

Depends on the parts.
I have an '07 911 tarbo now and those headlights are 1.4K

I also have ceramic brakes on it so when those rotors finally die I'm looking at 12K for the front two and another 11K for the rear two. (Plus 500 for front and 500 for rear brake pads.)

Clutch is quite cheap at 1,4K but then 8 hours of labour add up.

So far it's reliable but owning a Porsche isn't cheap.

8 seconds what the hell.

ITT: OP got absolutely meme'd

>$12k for front brakes
That better come with a free blowjob from Misty Stone

>owning a Porsche isn't cheap
Nope, owning a Porsche SUV isn't cheap

t. Boxster owner

Well if it's 0-60 in 8 seconds I don't want one anymore. I thought it would be at least 5.5

Get a Mustang if you want cheap straight line speed you nigger

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH IM DYING THIS GUY DIDNT EVEN GOOGLE THE 0-60 AND HE WAS READY TO BUY ONE CAUSE IT WAS "FAST"

He is to stupid to have anything fast. he shouldn't even be allowed to drive he's so delusional.

>yeah officer I dunno, bigfoot just ran out in front of my car and I swerved to avoid him and hit a car full of kids

Before anyone says anything, I meant too*

Ok I will look at the 2006 model GT. Will just get chains or studded tires for winter.

You are going to hit a tree.
You have no idea what you're doing.

just let him be, user

>666

Second

Friend of mine has a cayenne. Headlight has condensation in it. Wires INSIDE headlight assembly are all cracked up and fucked. I wired in a $5 9006 headlight bulb and it works perfectly fine. $600-800 for the assembly.

Yeah its a different color but idgaf

>inb4 corrosion

>buy expensive car
>can't afford to maintain it
>pay some Mexican 5 bucks to fix it
>

>buy a car from a brand that symbolizes german quality
>start ghetto rigging shit

Kinda defeats the purpose a bit, no?

Hi guys op here.

What about a Touareg? 2005 and 2006 go for not much. I would be open to the v6 model i guess.

detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/cto/5576341455.html

I'd buy one privately no shady used car dealers

Bro, that shit would be fast as fuck. Probably like 0 - 60 in 10 seconds!!!!!!

OP is a troll or if not severely mislead but likely a troll

its literally a cayenne with a vw badge
>surprisingly, vag designed the cayenne then based the touareg off of it, not the other way around.

same story as the cayenne except expect less deathly engine issues and more sticky plastics and check engine lights.

Oh. Damn I can't get anything right. Maybe I should just get a car.