What is with you faggots and glorifying frugalness? it's pathetic spend your fucking money upgrade your home...

What is with you faggots and glorifying frugalness? it's pathetic spend your fucking money upgrade your home, eat better food, wear nice clothes. the shit i read here disgusts me, there is no honor in suffering

Other urls found in this thread:

gty.org/resources/study-guides/40-5207/through-suffering-to-triumph
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Please spend all your money like MC Hammer so I won't be the only poor one on this board

>there is no in between it's either buy a mansion and diamonds or live in a closet and thrift

kill yourself

gty.org/resources/study-guides/40-5207/through-suffering-to-triumph

I'd rather live like a peasant for a few years in order to live like a king.

Better than spending your entirety living a "safe" mediocre life.

Don't get mad at us because you don't have the brains to delay gratification in order to increase your social standing.

That was the most retarded thing I've ever read.

no it wasn't. keep saving though maybe you'll get to enjoy life in your 60s

> Not being frugal in some areas in order to spend money on shit you want

Get with the program faggot

>no it wasn't
Well, yes it was. I don't usually read dumb shit so this took the cake. Your comment was too vague, how can someone "enjoy their life" when their young, if their not earing a sufficient amount, also, would you not say that fun is subjective? Your idea of fun could cost a shit ton of money, whereas somebody else could have hobbies that bring them happiness while still maintaining a strong financial situation working their normal job.
Unless you're a young person who has made or inherited/been born into a lot of money, living in the now is probably not the best idea, a 23 year old straigh out of college on an average income is not going to prioritise "wearing nicer clothes" and "upgrading their home", but rather work while their young and have fun later becasue its their only damn option.

t. 18 year old who was born into nothing, now making 3k a week

>you need to spend a lot of money or you can't enjoy life.
Good goy.

*frugality

>The shit I read here disgusts me
>There is no honor in suffering

And yet you're here. But then, you have no honor, do you OP?

If you're suffering while being frugal, you're doing it wrong.

I treat myself but I don't do retarded shit like finance, not pay my credit card balance before interest applies, etc. I bought a truck in cash. I saved for a camper in cash. I eat out when I feel like it. I travel and go camping a lot. I don't sit at home counting my grains of rice and packages of Top Ramen I have left for the week, but I don't waste a ton of money either. Feels good.

It's because Veeky Forums is mostly comprised of NEETs with no money who are here to find get rich quick schemes and shill shitcoins.

They're kind of similar to the no fap faggots who turn abstaining from something into a hobby. It's pathetic, pointless and a waste of life.

Biz is indeed full of coin shills and the bitter poorfags that are missing out on the mad gainz

I don't want to upgrade my home. My current small apartment is great because I don't have to walk around as much.
The best food there is is the food you cook yourself.
Wearing "nice" clothes just attracts whores after you for your money.

But keep being a good goy. You'll pay off that credit card debt once you hit it big!

>credit card debt

This, OP.

I know you're trolling but a lot of people actually think like how you posted. I'm living on less than $700 a month and barring things like business expenses, it'll be a long time before that increases much at all.

At least you're that smart.

You are a fool and will die poor

nope my parents are wealthy, i am wealthy, my kids will be wealthy. Sorry you fell for the struggle now, enjoy life later meme. Hope you don't drop dead at 56 :( that would be tragic to have all that money just sitting there while you die in your thrifted clothes with a belly full of ramen just as you were leaving your tiny 900 sq foot apartment.

You're obviously really happy about something right now maybe its that awesome life you're on about

>oy veyy goyim, spend more money on useless shit, my business depend on it.
fuck off kike

I disagree.

Frugalness shows self-control. Live frugal now and reap the rewards later.

stoicism is stripped down cynicism. if you truly wanted that life live in a barrel and jerk off in public

kill your parents, assume their mantle, conquer all the known world. long may you reign and long may your name endure oh great one.

Lol how is saving $200 a month going to make you live like a king you fucking retard?

>don't be smart with your money or be yourself! Spend it irresponsibly because you want to look like hot shit to strangers around you!

You keep buying "nice stuff" and one day you will realize that it didn't make one iota of difference to your happiness.

I look back on the shit I bought when I was younger and cringe. It didn't do anything for me, all that happened was I possessed an object for a while.

Exchanging your freedom for a bunch of stuff is an absolutely retarded thing do to.

There's being responsible, then there's going out of your way to save a penny at a giant inconvenience to yourself because you have a compulsion to save. A large fraction of my pay check goes into my savings account, another chunk into my 401k. The rest is mine to spend, and I do so with offbrand goods and typically cheap stuff. That's responsible. When my friends want to go out and blow some cash at bars, I don't force myself to stay in and not enjoy the night because I want to save money. That is reasonable.

>cars
im not really into fancy cars, theyre just pieces of metal

>mansions
I dont care about mansions.. its basically a larger cuckbox to live in

>food
I do like nice food thou and spend $$$ on obtaining it

>clothes
it depends.. I dont like people, so whatever i wear wont matter

>DUDE THERE IS NO HONOR IN SUFFERING
As if there's honor in being average either.

Frugality.

Stop adding "ness" onto words that don't need it.

200$ month -> 2400$ year -> 48000$ in 20 years.
But it's ok economy need consumer slave like you so don't save monay and consume sheep

It sounds like you're projecting user.
Some of us were actually smart enough to graduate in STEM you know.
But yeah, I can see how a liberal arts major can only scrape together pennies.

>48k in 20 years

might as well be poor forever... saving alone wont cut it.. gotta invest it for the mad gainz

This. What are you retarded? Why would you just save static amounts over 20 years and expect anything but a piss poor account that you slaved away over?

Fuck that. INVEST. I'd rather eat cat food momentarily if that meant I would eat lobster later.

wait you called him a gentile and a Jew in one insult? Are you retarded or do you not know what you are saying?

What are you talking about? That has nothing to do with this thread or my post

>48k after 20 years of sacrifice
Ya live like a king on 50 grand. Tell me how that goes

t. r/personalfinance

frugalcuck > consumeristcuck

>thinks living like a month for half his life is going to make a difference
Enjoy that extra 50 grand when youre 60. Im sure it will come in handy. Im going to eat a steak and a bottle of matanzas now

But if I did that I'd be poor

More like $2000

this. the people on this board are putting off their happiness to some time in the future that may not even come. you all think living like shit now will mean you will be rich when youre 60, but guess what most of you will be just as broke as you are now

>live like shit so you have $20k extra when you're 65
or
>have extra $80 a month now and retire into poverty

Why does neither option - nor anything in between - sound very appealing?

my nigger

So be wasteful and become even more poor sooner..ahh ok

I am /frugal/ because I realized that most of the things I waste money on don't make me happy while accumulating capital makes me very happy.

If you are clean and organized your home will be comfy and convenient and more space isn't going to help with that. Why do I need giant pillars and spiral staircases and storage space for masses of clutter?

Restaurants are boring, stressful and disappointing, you have to go all the way over and wait 5 minutes after ordering only for it to turn out to be walmart quality and then you have to tip and not complain so as not to offend whoever dragged you there.

Your most expensive clothes should be well fitted suits for business. The rest should be comfortable clothes, if someone wants to judge you for your unfashionable clothing they obviously have a massive chip on their shoulder and nothing will please them, I don't see the point of trying to impress them.

>ITT frugal=cheap
Hopefully you don't think those frugal threads are actually serious

there is a pretty big line between frugal and suffering.

>no honor in suffering

Now that simply isn't true. At all. Anywhere on planet Earth.

Personally as long as I eat a bagel and have some coffee my day is 100% complete. Anything else is a bonus, and it's hard for me to have a negative day. Not suffering at all.

Now I've worked some slave labor jobs before, I know what suffering feels like. It certainly has honor.

How have you managed to build such odd quality standards for your life?

I don't think people realize that a thousand dollar bottle of champagne doesn't make me twenty times happier than a 50 dollar one. Why the fuck should i pay twenty times more for the same satisfaction? It doesn't make sense to me. The same applies to every product in everyday life. Call it being frugal i don't really care. I just call it not being jewed.

>there is no honor in suffering
compound interest > honor - suffering

o-okay sorry guise ;_;

T H I S
H
I
S

Not who your are replying to but go back and read it again.

Shit I don't usually reply but youre so fucking stupid you made me. After you understand it, kill yourself and your children.

OP got rekt

> YEAH I'LL BUY A BIG HOUSE I CAN BARELY AFFORD
> YEAH I'LL BUY A NEW CAR I CAN BARELY AFFORD
> YEAH I WILL BUY TSHIRTS WITH A TINY LOGO THAT MAKES THEM 1500% MORE EXPENSIVE BECAUSE THAT LOGO DEFINES ME
> YEAH I WILL LIVE PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK BECAUSE LIFE MIGHT BE SHORT AND TOTALLY DISREGARD THE STATISTICS THAT I WILL LIKELY DIE AT 85
> YEAH I WILL EAT AT RESTAURANTS EVERY WEEK AND GET FOOD THAT I COULD HAVE COOKED AT 1/10 OF THE PRICE

Being frugal is not about not living a good life, it's about minimizing expenses so you can make nice purchases later on and which will also give you massive financial stability compared to people who are one accident, disease or job termination away from bancruptcy

well played OP, well played

It's because being frugal is only one of the things you should do to bet ahead financially.

If you play your cards right, you'll retire with way more than $20k.

best emperor

>Wearing "nice" clothes just attracts whores after you for your money.

No, it attracts women who instinctive seek men intelligent enough to be successful and accumulate wealth and thus security.

>t.virgin """investor"""

Side effect is divorce where you lose all that permanently