/nmsg/ No Man's Sky General

No Man's Sky general. Multiplayer edition.

Out right now for PS4, PC release on Friday the 12th.

>What is this game?
A relaxing procedurally generated space exploration game with some combat and trading.

>What do you do in the game?
From the HG website, no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/what-do-you-do-in-no-mans-sky/

>Is there multiplayer?
LOL

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20160303163326/http://store.steampowered.com/app/275850/
youtube.com/watch?v=AE0nuW-mQ8A
youtube.com/watch?v=gdd_fv0xrSo
youtube.com/watch?v=ZWs6ORgoLNg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Threadly reminder to make a petition about it and get the redditors riled up enough to sign it

>We, the undersigned, believe that Sean Murray of Hello Games misled consumers, either by lying or otherwise willfully perpetuating misunderstandings about the multiplayer, online capability of No Man's Sky. He is quoted and on the record as stating, multiple times, that players will be able to encounter, compete, and cooperate with each other in the game, which is not possible.

>We believe this amounts to false advertising of the product, as many people purchased the game under the false belief, perpetuated by Murray, that they would be able to play with others, and as such, demand to be refunded the full purchase price.

SEAN LIED

3rd for Sean is a lying lil bitch fuck him.

PEOPLE DIED

reminder that the """"shitposters"""" were right

6th for fuck the haters, the game is
>F
>U
>N

Game's comfy/fun but holy shit Sean is a liar.

xth for I'm still buying it ayy

>I spent $60 on this

Is there a get rich quick exploit yet? I want to buy out every peasant ship I see

>being right about a dev lying about a game for 2 years
who really wins here? why dont you use a trip Sean?

$60? I'd pay 15 for this piece of crap, but now that I know they blatantly lied so much, I'm not even playing it, fuck I'm so mad.

I was one of the posters on the first general arguing against the " nomultiplayer" posters. I just wanted to say I concede defeat at eat my words.

That said, as I came into this game expecting to never see another person anyway, I'll still be playing this when it's released on PC.

If we don't see lobbies added, Sean's fucked.

This game is fucking c o m f y

I can see why adhd 15 year olds hate it

Wow you sure told those adhd 15 year olds.

keep justifying that purpose my friend.

>implying i'm sean
how retarded are you?

They're members of the Sony Entertainment brand, surely they can hunt down some netcode, slap it on the back end, and get this up quickly.

The problem is it shouldn't take a fucking outcry the same day the game is released for people to realize you've been FUCKING LYING IN EVERY INTERVIEW FOR TWO YEARS ABOUT HOW COOL IT'LL BE TO SEE ANOTHER PLAYER AND FINALLY SEE WHAT YOUR RACE/SPACE SUIT IS.

purchase* fuck

I have ADD and I can play games I like for 12 hours straight. Your argument is invalid.

Go suck a dick.

>fly towards the star in my solar system in pulse drive for 10 minutes
>mfw the planets get smaller but the star never gets closer

i had a feeling this would happen, but come on.

>t. dad

1. Implement bases, storage, and furniture. This needs to be done almost immediately. I want to be able to set up base camps on planets, forge for resources, and store extra stuff.
1A. Bases need special atmosphere bubbles, so you cant start farms and bring different animals from different planets there.
2A. This should include plants, let's grow plants from other planets on new planets, or seed dead worlds.
2. Add large freighters, I want to be able to take animals to them and move them from planet to planet.

Those need to be done like, IMMEDIATELY. This game is fucking empty.

How optimized is the PC version? I might pirate it

Its not out yet

No one knows, but considering they had Sony to help them run it on PS4 and it still can't go past 30 FPS despite looking really basic doesn't bode well.

Yeah, I have found a few cool animals I want to bring with me to other planets, and I can't. Same with plants.

I've also seen bipedal humanoids I want to teach things to, but I can't. Why are there no hirelings/mercenaries/companions in this game? No one you can equip items to or add skills to, or get a ship for so they can follow you? Really? Diablo 2 had this 15 years ago.

>mfw I knew going in that it would be shit
>I knew there would be no multiplayer
>I knew there would be nothing to do
>I knew planets, NPCs and gameplay mechanics would be shallow
Feels good. I can actually enjoy what little this game has to offer, without feeling like I was ripped off. My only disappointment, is that I did not forsee how terrible the inventory mechanics would be.

You should pirate it no matter what because they've given us no fucking clue about how the game runs. If it please you, buy after that, or don't, I'm not your dad.

Sony were hands off during development. They only provided the marketing.

I just need a freighter. I don't care about bases. I want to be a space trucker. Picture related.

This. It is what it is and every one that's complaining basically should have known. It's a walking, looking at shit simulator. Personally, something I enjoy tbqhwyf.

But the inventory and the star map is slowly killing me. Trying to navigate galaxies is painful.

>no actual ecosystems in the game
>animals brought to different planets won't become an invasive species and damage the enviornment

>Can't even ram the planets
>Somehow you're shipwrecked in the beginning of the game

I had no idea this game would be THIS shitty. I knew it wasn't gonna be good, but I figured maybe it'd be fun for a while, or I'd be wrong about it, or my autistic ass who managed to put 237 hours into ED, would somehow get my moneys worth. No. I'm very, very fucking bored after like 3 hours.

This is going at the top of my list of worst games ever played. And I've played some shit games.

Obviously they'd die in the atmosphere of a different planet, but, I want to be able to have a zoo/farm.

Was it worth the money tho, user?

>I knew it'd be shitty

I knew it'd suck, but I ignored myself, and bought it anyway. What the fuck was I thinking. This is the ultimate case of buyers remorse. Wow.

Sure. Well, no, not really.

No Man's Sky is only meant to be played for about 15 minutes every 2 or so months as a demonstration, while vaguely hinting at how interesting the game should be because it looks nice

upon release, discard it, begin counting your money and explicitly declare it was never meant to be interesting at all

Me too. What the fuck? I need to someone to literally punch me in the fucking face for this one. I wonder if Amazon will refund it.

What's wrong with it?

I've spent the last 3 hours mining out Emeril to get made dosh. I'm loving this game

>I downloaded it on PSN
>No refunds possible ever

Hold me.

They're upset that there's no multiplayer.

>Following the news of the game's delay from June to August 2016, Murray along with Kotaku writer Jason Schreier who first reported on the rumor of this delay, received a number of death threats in response to this delay, which Murray publicly responded to in good humor.[114]

So many xbitchbloods in this bread
Drink it in bois , triple A's all days

ed will always be the superior space trucking game.

It turned out to be shit like everyone thought.

No we're upset that we bought a shit game, when we already knew it'd be shit.

hey fampai, anyone know how to get into underwater buildings?

good for them that they can update the steam page
too bad they cant change the boxes they are selling in EU

you're my mom cause you get hard to the thought of wearing panties

please, explain how it's a shit game
>hard mode
don't meme that we were lied to about it being multiplayer

Has anyone seen any planets with double suns yet?

In all seriousness, what is y'all's overall opinion of this game so far? I only got to play it for a couple hours so I'd give it a 7.5-8/10.

No one to blame but yourself for believe videogame hype.

What mineral should I be farming to get rich?

I went to a planet that had a bunch of Gold deposits. 250 equaled 55k

Even 3 months ago it said single-player only.

web.archive.org/web/20160303163326/http://store.steampowered.com/app/275850/

There's three main bits to the game: combat, exploration, and survival.

The survival mechanics are horribly unfun. Nobody seems to enjoy mineral collection, especially due to a really small inventory size. It mostly consists of scanning and following icons, and is apparently incredibly repetitive and not very rewarding. Combat is also really unsatisfying, with enemies that don't react to getting hit and no real threat outside of space (where the main weapon is a lock-on laser). The exploration is pretty decent, but wears out its welcome fast because there's not much exciting hidden content. The monoliths you find don't give much, alien outposts are not exciting. You can walk around and look at shit, and that's nice, but not 60 dollars nice. Other games have done it before, in any case. Also, people are already reporting recycled content on planets.

There's a total of like 5 or 6 thing to do. Each time more boring than the last.

Not as awful as /v/ is claiming it is. Not great though.

5/10. It scratches an itch I can't get anywhere else at the moment so that helps.

and for several years they said this:
youtube.com/watch?v=AE0nuW-mQ8A

>MMO
>YOU CAN MEET OTHER PLAYERS

>played about 8 hours today
>Got into massive dogfight in asteroid belt
>had to pop smoke and run like a bitch

So far I'm loving it dude, my biggest gripe is the lack of a functioning local area map. I'm about to hit the 1,000,000 unit level and buy a ship with 25+ inventory slots, then go from system to system selling junk. My dreams of becoming a space jew are finally coming true.

There's a billion space trucking games. X3, E:D, Frontier: Elite II are all perfectly good options. I also like Oolite but people shit on it any time I bring it up so the other options are probably a better idea.

I know, that's why I can't fanthom why fanbois didn't find out sooner Sean was a lying piece of shit.

>reading all this stuff about lies
Holy fuck is this funny
People will never learn to stop believing in hype

HAHA NICE MEME NO MANS SKY IS a 10/10 IM PLAYING ON PC RIGHT NOW I THINK I CAN PLAY THIS GAME FOR ANOTHER 800 HOURS GOTYEY EXPLORATION

Got very boring very quick. 4/10.

800 hours of exploring procedural repetitiveness.

So is this game one of those games that appeals to people whos only form of happiness is the seretonin release of a little XP/money bar going up?

How often do you find little pieces of lore or unique "story" content and how much is the gathering resources and grinding for upgrades part of it? Like 50-50 or 60-40 how much would you say?

Just fucking let me build a zoo or an aquarium. That's all I want.

Walking sim sandbox with minimalistic survival aspects is all you need to fork up $60?
brb, making a shitty game real quick.

CUE FLEETWOOD MAC

HOW DO I GET RICH

I WAS INTO THIS GAME FOR THE FREE ROAM EXPLORATION WITH AN ARSENAL OF COMFY SHIPS NOT THIS SURVIVAL RESOURCE GATHERING NICKEL AND DIMING

>ARSENAL
you can never have more than one ship, bro

Pay from $5-$100 for "NMSBux" for quick access to the best ships in the game!

you also unlock acheivements as well and black bars appear like its a cutscene so I bet that's exciting

not being a smartass because I was playing borderlands again and its satsifying gameplay loop to get a level up or unlock a new rank and get closer to trying a new skill/build or find a rare gun

I don't think this game even has very much of that kind of progression though

Question:

Is there anything on a planet that you CAN'T mine through?

Proposal:

We get a few hundred /v/irgins to go to the same planet and mine the entirety of it, until there is absolutely nothing left.

>its satsifying gameplay loop to get a level up or unlock a new rank and get closer to trying a new skill/build or find a rare gun

Yeah that's kind of what I meant. Like people have been saying this game is boring as shit but at the very least I was wondering if it has the same kind of satisfaction that those loot games have where you just get a little "ting" in your head when you pick up items and get levels. Doesn't even seem like it has that though.

youtube.com/watch?v=gdd_fv0xrSo

>We get a few hundred /v/irgins to go to the same planet and mine the entirety of it, until there is absolutely nothing left.

user there's just one problem with that :^)

>Every single one of the complaints people make about missing features are all features present in Star Citizen
>mfw everyone bought this game without realizing what they really wanted to buy was Star Citizen

Ground under outposts seems to indestructible

>user there's just one problem with that :^)

I mean I know we can't see each other but we can see each other's mining right?

Eh, it could be left then.

is scam citizen released user ?

Some of it, yes.

it's not on PS4

Does that game even exist yet

>some of it
so no its not
i'd buy it if it was a released game, right now its a bunch of promises

Ok we know that players cannot see each other, but can they see the names players have assigned to planets they have discovered? Has this been confirmed yet?

It has for a long time.

Story mode campaign with a bunch of notable actors (meaning its prolly short as fuck) coming soon

Yes you can see named things

yes and in the livestream sean said its going be moderated because people have been naming some inappropriate planets lmao

Are you retarded or do they not have google in your country?

As of patch 2.3.1 everything except story mode is released. If you really want to see Mark Hamill get cucked then go ahead and wait

For everyone else though this game has five times the amount of content as No Man's Sky does

Is the galaxy star map completely fucking bonkers to try and comprehend for anyone else?

>Its totally gonna destroy Star Citizen
>No Man's Sky will wreck Elite Dangerous

Funny how things change

youtube.com/watch?v=ZWs6ORgoLNg

>actual multiplayer

When the fuck did Star Citizen come out? I was under the impression the game was never released and got cancelled

>Sean Murray cucks this retarded
have you heard of google?

The game has been available for a very long time

Bet you guys thought Elite Dangerous was just a scam too.